PDA

View Full Version : Squig Cakes!!!

Jind_Singh
16-10-2009, 06:54
Heres something I saw on TV today - bloody amazed me! It's like 2.5ft or so tall!!!

dwarfhold13
16-10-2009, 10:05
thats pretty cool.. i wanna meet the guy who has the balls to walk into a cake shop and ask for that though!

ohno!zombies!
16-10-2009, 12:34
That cake is killer!

best,

AFnord
16-10-2009, 12:39
Poor guy looks scared. Might be because he is about to be eaten.

Jedi152
16-10-2009, 12:50
It was on Ace of Cakes. It's been posted before. God knows how strong the legs have to be to support the weight of the body.

rtunian
16-10-2009, 14:20
that was for the warhammer age of reckoning launch. that's squig armor that the squig herder can summon. if you look closely at the mouth, you can see a little goblin in there working the levers

interesting fact: squig herders are not night goblins in warhammer age of reckoning.

Jind_Singh
16-10-2009, 16:38
really? wonder why they wouldn't make the differiantion - normally they quite good with that sort of thing, but then again I guess the computer games developers quite often dont know anything about WFB
I know for eg Dawn of War - most of the development team is here in BC and they would come to our local store to 'get a feel' for 40k

Malorian
16-10-2009, 16:40
God knows how strong the legs have to be to support the weight of the body.

Because of that I have a really hard time believing it's actually a functional cake.

RevEv
16-10-2009, 16:45
I missed the episode but it's on 'Ace of Cakes' - so, yes, it is a real cake.

Lord Dan
16-10-2009, 16:46
Because of that I have a really hard time believing it's actually a functional cake.

They do that a lot on those shows. Half the cake is edible, the other half is thick cardboard and PVC. There is, of course, little way to tell which is which when it's iced and painted (I guess that's why they always go to commercial right before people start eating...).

Urgat
16-10-2009, 17:14
that was for the warhammer age of reckoning launch. that's squig armor that the squig herder can summon. if you look closely at the mouth, you can see a little goblin in there working the levers

interesting fact: squig herders are not night goblins in warhammer age of reckoning.

They're not squig herders though, they're squig hunters.

really? wonder why they wouldn't make the differiantion - normally they quite good with that sort of thing, but then again I guess the computer games developers quite often dont know anything about WFB
I know for eg Dawn of War - most of the development team is here in BC and they would come to our local store to 'get a feel' for 40k

They know what they did, common gobs are the playable race while night gobs are enemies in mount gunbad (an instance). You got your regular squig herders there.

rtunian
16-10-2009, 18:36
They're not squig herders though, they're squig hunters

oh yeah. it's been too long since i played that game. got muddled :p

@jind, the night goblins are not part of the bloody sun boyz waaagh!, which is the greenskin player faction of the game. i don't know why they did that... storyline streamlining i guess... if i remember, the night goblins also aren't wearing robes, but my memory of that game is obviously fuzzy :D

w3rm
16-10-2009, 22:39
They had it at baltimore Gamesday. I saw it. It looked scrumptious.

Jind_Singh
16-10-2009, 23:07
You saw it w3rm?! WOAH!
I tell you what everyone, when I've hit it big and famous I'm getting those genius cake makers to make me another one! This time with Night Gobbos!

Jind_Singh
16-10-2009, 23:08
HEY A QUESTION - I've somehow got the pic as my profile pic but how do you get it to show - I noticed you all have pics on your replies - for eg w3rm has that white dude

w3rm
17-10-2009, 02:37
You saw it w3rm?! WOAH!
I tell you what everyone, when I've hit it big and famous I'm getting those genius cake makers to make me another one! This time with Night Gobbos!

I am simply that awesome. You may kiss my feet if you wish..:p

HEY A QUESTION - I've somehow got the pic as my profile pic but how do you get it to show - I noticed you all have pics on your replies - for eg w3rm has that white dude

Its not "that white dude" anyone with a life knows he is called The Stig. From the greatest television program ever, Top Gear. And you just click "user CP" and find "edit avatar" and "browse"

bludsturm
17-10-2009, 03:41
In terms of its weight supporting capabilities - if I remember correctly, the legs actually have a metal skeleton, while most of the edible torso sits on a wooden base attached to the top of the metal legs.

Jind_Singh
17-10-2009, 03:53
Its not "that white dude" anyone with a life knows he is called The Stig. From the greatest television program ever, Top Gear. sorry dude, I used to watch the show with Legend Clarkson every week and never saw no Stig - but then again I left good old Blighty quite some time ago and sadly haven't seen the show, so it's not saying much
And you just click "user CP" and find "edit avatar" and "browse"wicked, I'll give this a shot

Cheers Geezer,
I'll give that a shot to see if I can unleash the cake.