PDA

View Full Version : Are these Terminators good value?

Borg451
16-10-2009, 21:44
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290359870554&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Are an the old sculpt, but that dont bother me. as will prob be trying to convert with them :)

Is it good value tho? i dont know as its an older set so cant check the RRP.

Draxonicar
16-10-2009, 21:55
erm, 99 cents is pretty good, keep in mind howevere people wait until around 5-20 mins are left before actualy bidding.

starlight
16-10-2009, 22:03
Unless the item is OOP, my eBay limit is 50% off retail...given that those are the last generation of Terminators, I'd even be hesitant to go that high... :( I set my final bid, add a few % to offset the ones who beat you by an even dollar, and wait for the emails without checking it again. :)

Whatever is good value for you will set your price. :)

Draxonicar
16-10-2009, 22:31
It's like .99 pounds, I don't know about in britain, but here, termies cost 50$!!!!!

Borg451
16-10-2009, 22:38
thanks starlight. good advice

so they are good value?

LonelyPath
16-10-2009, 22:39
Termies cost 25 here in Britain. I believe those are the 3rd edition plastic (which were based on the 2nd edition Space Hulk termies if memory serves me correctly) and have seperate arms connected by pins like the snap together ones it's very easy to cut the pins off and use current arms on, though the newer minis are slightly larger than those in the auction. Still a darn good buy if you get them cheap enough though and the newer arms don't look that out of place on them.

starlight
16-10-2009, 22:39
Yes, but as you say people wait until the last minute to Bid, so the bids until the last half hour don't really mean anything... Likely it'll jump up to 20Quid/$40 near the end...unless you're very lucky. :) Here's hoping for you. :)

Only you can decide what good value is for you. For me, I would have to take shipping into account, so I'll likely want to pay less for the models because I can get new Terminators 30% off over here with minimal shipping. You've got a day to do some online comparisons, so figure out what the cheapest price you can get them for, then work down from there to figure on shipping and such. If you're happy with that price, there's your bid. If you get outbid, then you can still buy the other ones you found in your price checking and you're no further behind. :)

Borg451
16-10-2009, 23:19
:O

Do bids really go up that much? and all in the last minute? is that a modelling thing?

starlight
16-10-2009, 23:31
Nope, it's called *sniping* and it happens in all categories. eBay doesn't like it and they'll shut you down if you're using automated bots to do it, but it happens.

Stick it on your Watch List and wait until the last half hour before bidding, or throw your final bid on and let eBay take care of it for you. Either way, your call. :) As long as you don't get caught up in the *need* to have a box of plastic toys, and stick with your final bid, you can't go too far wrong. :)

Borg451
17-10-2009, 11:40
Cant seem to find any online comparison.

scarletsquig
17-10-2009, 11:58
The old terminators don't look too bad, worth bidding on them but don't go higher than 10 or so.

They'll look better if you put them on bigger bases like the current ones.

To answer your question that box used to sell for 15 new.

CushionRide
17-10-2009, 13:40
its a good deal untill the real bids start, but i would probably expect the bits to go up to about 40 dollars, then with shipping you might as well go to your local store. i wanted to buy a first edition land raider and a predator, i saw 2 on ebay, bid on both, i also agree 50% retail is my limit. the first ed predator, looked like crap so i wasnt gonna go over 15 dollars for it, it sold for almost 40 :P i would have bought a new one for that price, the landraiders sold in the same area i think. but they at least looked good ^_^ one was even in my color scheme lol. but alas, no ebay sales for me heh, dont expect that price to stay that low. it will shoot up