PDA

View Full Version : gaunts ghosts

Brady
17-10-2009, 20:14
Am i the only here who thinks this or does everyone else think that there should be a add on codex to IG for the tanith first and only ? Surely if smurfs get chapters then guard should get something similar ? I dont mean something as big as chapters but like the catachan codex for the old guard. What do you think

Light of the Emperor
17-10-2009, 20:31
The Ghosts did get their own ruleset published in WD and later the Chapter Approved book. You didn't have all the characters but Milo, Corbec, Dorden, Larkin and Gaunt were involved.

Urath
17-10-2009, 20:34
Bah, all of this Gaunt's Ghosts tomfoolery. Catachans are the original, and best.

Brady
17-10-2009, 20:42
The Ghosts did get their own ruleset published in WD and later the Chapter Approved book. You didn't have all the characters but Milo, Corbec, Dorden, Larkin and Gaunt were involved.

Really ? Do you know where i can get hold of this. And can it be used in normal 5th ed games ?

Red Beard
17-10-2009, 21:00
Bah, all of this Gaunt's Ghosts tomfoolery. Catachans are the original, and best.

Agreed... :D

Arkfatalis
17-10-2009, 21:08

Oh look here comes winter.......

Urath
17-10-2009, 21:09
Oh look here comes winter.......

Keep your forked tongue behind your teeth!

Reflex
17-10-2009, 22:27
Brady, it could be used if you can get your hands on it, which will not be easy i dont think. i cant give you any suggestions, as they would not be welcomed by the mods.

if you wanted to use them in 5th edition you could as long as your opponent was ok with it. but dont expect to win/do well with them. as i remember they were quite poor then, it was more the cool factor.

Badger[Fr]
17-10-2009, 22:51
You can still play them as a Veteran-heavy army with the current Codex. After all, neither Cadians nor Catachans get their own rules.

Joewrightgm
17-10-2009, 23:01
Easy way to do it with the current IG codex is take a Lord Commissar for Gaunt, a command squad to represent Corbec and co, then the rest veterans armed with sniper rifles and forward sentry upgrades.

Fill out with some tanks and vehicles from the Narmenian armored regiments to represent their allies at Vervyunhive.

grissom2006
17-10-2009, 23:40
Isn't a need for a addition Codex for them just use mainly Veteran units and a odd Platoon. Then just look at ways to add the characters back onto the game not that hard as is didn't have a huge number of characters with special rules.

freddieyu
18-10-2009, 01:36
and don't forget the camo cloaks and snipers....missile launchers (tread fethers) and flamer and demo charge (tube charges) special weapon squads too, with the occasional autocannon thrown in....

And have mkoll or mckvenner represented by Marbo.....

Y'inglye
18-10-2009, 01:45
Really ? Do you know where i can get hold of this.

Try Ebay for the WD #268 (May 2002).

Inside there is an article with special rules and wargear for the Tanith 1st. And just like Light of the Emperor said there are stats for special characters Gaunt, Corbec, Dorden, Milo and Larkin.

Wolfguard Gnarl
18-10-2009, 01:52
and don't forget the camo cloaks and snipers....missile launchers (tread fethers) and flamer and demo charge (tube charges) special weapon squads too, with the occasional autocannon thrown in....

And have mkoll or mckvenner represented by Marbo.....

And dont forget to give them straight silver too.

Yautja
18-10-2009, 02:12
A friend of mine uses El'Rahem as Gaunt to outflank a platoon of Guard he made up as Gaunts Ghosts.