PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Epic Fails from the Table!

TroyJPerez
18-10-2009, 06:12
I was just curious what everyones biggest epic fail while playing warhammer is? Something that just shouldn't ever happen in game or is statistically unlikely. I've had two recently. One was a demon prince who unfortunatly was defeated in combat by two demon flamers. Another horrible mishap, happened when my Chaos lord on Dragon was charge and defeated by two Nurgle Beasts. 700 point character vs 200 point demon just seems like something that should neve happen. lol. So what are some of your epic failures from the table?

outbreak
18-10-2009, 06:45
tomb scorpion charging a couple of maurader horsemen, fluffing attacks taking a bunch of wounds, losing combat and crumbling (even with undead construct) was pretty lame.

Brother Alexos
18-10-2009, 06:58
Well, this fortunately did not happen to me, but Azhag was rushed by two zombies, and after two rounds of terrible dice rolling, died. I was surprised that the Orc gamer didn't just leave right then and there

boogieoompa
18-10-2009, 07:03
Back in 3rd edition Fantasy (I believe) where my opponet had 1 unit of chaos knights and a general as his whole army (you could do that back than). On turn 6 he only had his general and standard beared left (I killed 1700 points already) and I shot them with 3 shots from an organ gun and rolled 3 ones. I lost even though he killed 1 organ gun and I killed 1700 points... frickin lame.

CrownAxe
18-10-2009, 07:38
Not mine but...

Ok, at a tournament... It was my opponents turn, bottom of turn 6. He is playing demons vs my dwarves. He has the game already won, all he has to do is say "Ok, my turn is done, good game". Instead, he decides to charge a single thunderer with his 550 pt Bloodthirster with 1 would left. Stand and shoot, and wound. He has now lost 550pts for the Bloodthirster, 100pts for that table quarters, and...200pts for losing his general as it was the scenario objective. Nice 850pt swing and the victory for dwarfs. Since that time, I will never run with my thunderers.

outbreak
18-10-2009, 07:46
Reminds me of another game vs my friends chaos. 6th turn all he has left is 5 chaos knights and a small unit of marauders, i still have quite abit left. I decide to charge 2 units of my chariots into his knights and attempt to move my king at him too (gave up 2 table quarters) i figured what the hell it'll be fun and i've won already anyway. His knights take the charges (both to flanks) destroy both units of chariots fully and he ends up scraping in a draw :(

-Grimgorironhide-
18-10-2009, 07:58
Have to be my unit of 5 Carrions charging a lone Wood elf mage. I got 4 attacks in, 2 hit and none wounded. The mage then proceeds to woungdmy T4 carrion which ties the combat and because its his turn next he charges a unit of 7 wardancers into their flank.
Needless to say there was alot of blooded feathers on the field.

cheers.

The Red Scourge
18-10-2009, 08:26
A treeman charging a unit of CoKs in the flank, not only failing to wound, but also fail his break test and fail to run far enough to not get run down - and did I mention how this wheeled the unit, so they were now facing towards the battle instead of chasing an empty flank.

Still massacred my opponent, but it was a tad annoying :p

hlaine larkin
18-10-2009, 09:42
all of my epic fails result around my slaan. most revovle around rolling 1's. for example-
my slaan rolling a quadruple 1 to cast a spell, rolls a double 1, but its fine! on a 2+ i ignore the miscast and bounce it to an enemy- its a chance to kill archaon! the dice clatter on the table... 1. dammit.

most of my fails come from that and of course my skink priest (who whenever i need a good magic phase i stupidly start with him) always manages (only in important magic phases) to roll the 'end the magic phase'

but the icing on the slaan cakes comes at a recent tournament where he killed 47 of his own temple guard (through various miscasts) after out of 6 games ( i miscast once a game usually) and 5 times rolled a 1 for the cupped hands.

Papawolf
18-10-2009, 10:18
dark elf lord on pegasis. i had regen armour, pendant, and shield (it was a friendly game that we just decided to play at my friends and i hadnt thought of using a sea dragon cloak, MISTAAAAKE)
charged a unit of 10 high elf archers, they stand and shoot, 4 hits, 3 wounds, all, ones and twos for my armour saves, 3 fours for pendant of kalieth, and a few more ones and two's for regen, one dead dark elf lord...fun times

Artinam
18-10-2009, 10:54
Those High Elfs will probably been honored by any High Elf in Ulthuan just after that move.

Ward.
18-10-2009, 12:53
My warlock engineer throws a warplightning at a giant that has just finished mashing a unit of clanrats, 8 hits, 4 wounds one engineer crushed under a falling giants head.

Blizzinam
18-10-2009, 13:40
My new signature.

sorberec
18-10-2009, 14:10
Using Warriors of Chaos for a change against Orcs. Annihilated a unit of Boyz with a combined charge of a Shaggoth and Frenzied Knights and overran into the unit of Big 'Uns containing his general. All I have to do here is take advantage of the charge to butcher the Orcs and pretty much win the battle.

Unfortuantely he has Bash 'Em Lads as one of his spells and casts it on the unit. Having also moved his general into base contact with my Shaggoth (which had taken a few wounds from shooting in the previous rounds) he proceeds to butcher that and the Big 'Uns kill three Chaos Knights. The remaining Knights fluff their attacks, break and flee towards a unit of Night Goblins who unleash a fanatic which wipes them out. My general, a Tzeentch Sorcerer on disc who was nearby, panics and flees off the table.

From being on the verge of winning the battle I've just lost the bulk of my offensive line.

It's only after the battle that I remember I'd got a dispel scroll on the Sorcerer I could have used to dispel Bash 'Em Lads...

leeoaks
18-10-2009, 16:45
I was playing a 12 year old with my dow. Turn 1 he shot his cannon at my unit with paymaster i rolled a 1. The paymaster died i then failed 8 leadership tests leaving only golfag on the table.

Skitter-Squeek
18-10-2009, 16:51
My giant charging a Unit of Witch Elves along with censor bearers, Rolled Jump up and Down killed 8 along with around 10 from the PCB's. Champion witch elf Returns attacks, Rolls triple 6's for poisoned then rolls double 1's for leadership check. Next Round He rolls triple 6's again and giant Dies a painful horrible death and falls right on my PCB's killing 3:cries:

Squeek

selone
18-10-2009, 17:40
In a game against me a high elf star dragon charged my chaos knights in the flank and still lost combat, that was an epic fail. ALas my failyness still saw me lose the game...

D-N-Angel
18-10-2009, 17:54
Chaos lord on dragon charges 21noblers... dies to a stand and shoot of sharp stuff. Dragon gets frenzi and hatred... kills 2 noblers and flees 3", noblers go 11" and get a unit of chaos knights in the flank.

Gaz Taylor
18-10-2009, 17:55
I think mine is my last game I played a couple of weeks ago against my mate. It was my Daemons verses his Dwards. My Bloodthirster was coming back on the board after running his Gyrocopter off and was in postition to rampage through his army. I knew I was going to take a couple of wounds before I could charge in and had done what I could to minimise this by engaging warmachines or magicing or flaming them to death. Those that could shoot missed or failed to wound which left two units of handgunners. I was expecting a couple of wounds but there wasn't a lot I could do. Somehow he managed to only score five wounds which I promptly failed to save against using my armour or ward saves! Bye Bye Bloodthirster!

esqulax
18-10-2009, 18:12
Quite some time ago I was playing a friendly game and I had my chaos lord charge a unit of marauders. He hit with all of his attacks so I had to roll five wounds on 2+. Five 1's :(

Weemo
18-10-2009, 18:16
just played my store manager today, he had hound facing my fleshounds in a way that he thought would end up in my fhounds ending up facing flank to is knights. anyway he had his general near by but failed the re-roll LD8 test. This means i redirected into the flank of the chaos knights (why positioned them in that way amazed me) and cut them down. then i overan and cut down the original unit of hounds; about 830ish points from a 210pt unit. not bad eh?

CraftworldsRus
18-10-2009, 18:22
In a just-for-fun game, my opponent had a Beast of Nurgle that just wouldn't die. I decided to show it who was boss, since I already had the game more or less wrapped up, and charged Vlad Von Carstein out of his GG bunker and into the Beast. Vlad misses with all his attacks, and his re-rolls. Beast does all poisoned wounds, Vlad fails armor, and wards, and I smirk and say "Good thing he has got that ring, or my screwing around might have cost me." I roll a one. Vlad dies. Epic Fail. I manged to pull a draw out of that game, but still.

(As an aside, one of the new army books, maybe when they redo O&G or Tomb Kings, needs to have a magic item call the "Epic Flail")

EviIPaladin
18-10-2009, 18:36
Alter Noble + HoDA against a Giant. Roll 7 shots. Roll 7 1s to hit...

-Evii

TheGreatWhiteRat
18-10-2009, 18:52
I was playing a 12 year old with my dow. Turn 1 he shot his cannon at my unit with paymaster i rolled a 1. The paymaster died i then failed 8 leadership tests leaving only golfag on the table.

Very similar to my story. Except the guy was 36 and it was a hail of doom arrow into my paymasters body guard and everything but my halflings ran off before my first turn.

GuyLeCheval
18-10-2009, 20:20
I remember Malorian owned Malekith with sharp stuff in one of his battle reports, isn't it?

I played against a friend who proceded to own my 20 plague monks in combat with 1 single NG. He hold my unit for 3 turns, so he could finaaly get a flank charge and whipe them out :wtf:

Maoriboy007
18-10-2009, 20:24
Three Tomb scorpions coming up one at a time and each time being smited by a dwarf engineer.

O&G'sRule
18-10-2009, 21:43
Had throgg and 10 trolls attack a unit of 12 empire militia and killed 1 man taking 4 wounds, breaking from combat and getting run down
Had an ogre gorger charge a dwarf cannon crew, failed to kill any and was killed in the second round of combat

marv335
18-10-2009, 21:47
I had a HE Dragonlord charge the flank of a unit of skavenslaves, fluff all his attacks, take a wound, lose combat, run, and get cut down.
Tragic.

Pirate Jimm
18-10-2009, 21:54
Unit of squig hoppers charge the front of my nurgle warshrine; hitting on 5s, wounding on 5s with a 6+/4+ save, they unsuprisingly do no damage.

Warshrine, with 5 attacks hitting on 3s killing on 2s... easy peasy I thinks.

Roll to hit: 5 2s.
Lose combat by one due to outnumber. Leadership test roll: 8

Fled, cut down.

It wasn't that I fluffed the rolls, more that I missed them all by one...
Damned squigs!

Also had a unit of gnoblars take out a unit of chaos warriors front to front. That was mighty impressive rolling.

O&G'sRule
18-10-2009, 22:03
Unit of squig hoppers charge the front of my nurgle warshrine; hitting on 5s, wounding on 5s

Why were they hitting on 5's? WS3 (after -1 for mark of nurgle) vs WS5 = 4's to hit

EmperorNorton
18-10-2009, 22:04
Rolling snake eyes three times in one game with my level 4 DE sorceress.
Since that game I have decided to not waste points on magic anymore.

hlaine larkin
18-10-2009, 22:20
Why were they hitting on 5's? WS3 (after -1 for mark of nurgle) vs WS5 = 4's to hit

its after- so ws4 vs ws 5 is4's then you add one at the end- so its 4's- its not minus one weapon skill its -1 to hit :P

O&G'sRule
18-10-2009, 22:26
its after- so ws4 vs ws 5 is4's then you add one at the end- so its 4's- its not minus one weapon skill its -1 to hit :P

No its -1WS when in base contact and -1 to shoot at.

Crovax20
18-10-2009, 22:31
hmm, moving up my chaos marine squad up to a group of genestealers hoping to rapid fire the **** out of them and then finding out I was 0.5 inch short, needless to say next turn my chaos squad turned into a red stain on the carpet.

stompy
18-10-2009, 22:36
Ok, I have a couple.

Was playing against my friend's lizardmen a while ago. He had 20 temple guard with a slaan in the middle. First turn, he mistcasts his first spell, then rolls a 3 (strength 6 hit on all models in b2b). 8 Temple guard died. His second turn, miscasts his first spell again. rolls a double 1. Slaan dies, all models in b2b suffer a strength 10 hit. 8 more dead temple guard. End of turn 2 the unit was reduced to 4 temple guard, without me even touching it.

Another time, i was playing against VCs (the old book). A vampire hero charged a spear chukka. After 2 rounds of failing to even hit the crew, he crumbled from 2 rounds of outnumbering.

yorch
19-10-2009, 15:01
I was playing in 6th ed...

Hordes of chaos VS vampire counts. I charge with 2 charriots to a small unit of skeletons, totally slaughter them, and overrun with both charriots to a necromancer (or was it a vampire?) that was behin the unit. Next magic phase, the caster tries to cast an spell... miscast... F10 impact to everyone in BtB... both charriots explode, caster survives... :wtf:

Alathir
19-10-2009, 15:04
I think mine has to take the cake.

4 Blood Knights charge High Elf archers on the crest of a hill.... the vampires lose one to strikes first and somehow manage to lose combat after failing to kill a single elf. This happens.... for another two turns, and ends up with the blood knights crumbling to dust.

Everyone around the table could not believe their eyes.

Zaonite
19-10-2009, 17:13
A WE Treeman charged my 25 man unit of Men At Arms in the flank. Failed to hit and wound over 5 turns of combat. My men at arms turned it into firewood :D

A 400+ point lord taken down by 100 points worth of sacrificial peasants!

Gaargod
19-10-2009, 20:27
Carnosaur lord with blade of realities flank charging a unit of night goblins (lined him up nicely for terror bombing his entire army).

9 attacks (non frenzied) hitting on 3s, wounding on 2s, versus troops with LD5 - only need to do 2 kills to win combat and most likely have them flee. Do 1 kill with carnosaur, get frenzy. Fail the next 2 attacks from that. Goblins win by 1 due to musician, carnosaur lord rolls 4,4,4. Its ok, have a bsb around. Now roll 6,6,6. Ah dammit. Get chased down by goblins.

Sigh

Gimp
19-10-2009, 20:46
Was not me but I read it on a Battle Report here. Was one of Malorions I think but I cant be sure. He was playing his Orges vs some Dark Elves.

His Gnoblars killed Malikith on his dragon with their shooting attack. Was very cool.

As for me was not really one big fail but a series of fails. I charged a 10 strong Witch Elf unit at some Night Goblins and only last 5. That unit then went on to kill 2 full units of Night Goblins, 2 full units of Boyz and most of his war machines.

Baggers
19-10-2009, 20:54
Using the old Demon list from the Storm of Chaos. Belakor was doing fine with causing damage to every unit on the board and decide to do something simple. A magic missile. Two sets of double 1's later and he was the new plaything of some demon.

hlaine larkin
19-10-2009, 21:03
Was not me but I read it on a Battle Report here. Was one of Malorions I think but I cant be sure. He was playing his Orges vs some Dark Elves.

His Gnoblars killed Malikith on his dragon with their shooting attack. Was very cool.

As for me was not really one big fail but a series of fails. I charged a 10 strong Witch Elf unit at some Night Goblins and only last 5. That unit then went on to kill 2 full units of Night Goblins, 2 full units of Boyz and most of his war machines.

malekith kileld by gnoblars is a big fail.

Nuada
19-10-2009, 21:08
My personal record with misfiring war machines in two turns

With 7 guess range war machines i've misfired 5 times (that took 3 out of action) Then I managed to misfire with 4 of them on turn 3.

Not bad going, 9 misfires in two turns is my record so far :)

Kahadras
19-10-2009, 21:26
Back in 5th ed I was playing a game using my brand new High Elf army. There was a slight problem that the table that we had to play on wasn't particularly wide but we didn't really have another option and everything kinda got a bit jammed together during deployment. I ended up having to go second but I was fairly confident about beating my opponants Empire army as it's his first game ever.

My opponant goes first and elects to stay still and let me come to him. In his shooting phase he fires his crossbowmen at my archers, killing several and forcing a panic check. I fail and end up fleeing off the battlefield. To cut a long story short the ripple causes my entire army to throw down their arms and leg it off the table. At the start of my turn I had the crew of a repeater bolt thrower fleeing (they fail to rally and leave the table) and my unit of Knight who were fortunate enough to avoid the ripple effect.

The embarassment was made even worse by the fact that several people had decided to watch the game. I've never seen so many 10's, 11's and 12's rolled before or since (something in the region of ten in a row). The closest I've seen is a guy who failed his stupidity check 6 times in a row for his Cold One Knights during the course of a game.

Kahadras

Wulgar13
19-10-2009, 22:05
Personal Epic fail....Archaon and his unit charge a unit of empire spears....with an entire hill of warmachines and stuff lined up for the kill....I miss everything or fail to wound (except 1 spearman...). I then roll 12 for break.....reroll 12 for break.....then roll 4 for flee. Caught by spears.

Worse I ever saw....old warhammer - 5th edition....bloodthirster with 10 attacks charges 4 night goblins (who had a banner). He misses with all but 3 attacks....fails to wound with any. Goblins don't hurt him (no surprise). he lost by the banner, rolls 12 and flees 3 inches. goblins rolled 4 to catch him. This was in a GT a long time ago....and I think he was undefeated except for that game (which I think ended in a draw) but he may have lost the tourney because of it....

Nicha11
19-10-2009, 22:11
I was playing a high elf opponent, he jumped his foot slogging noble out of cover and directly infront of my organ cannon.

He was hoping to kill the cannon with bowfire but no dice, the cannon promplty rolled 10 hits and turned the noble to paste.

brawnyman1989
19-10-2009, 23:35
My friend's dad was playing his Dwarfs against old Daemons. Dwarfs go first. Shooting phase, cannon hits Bloodthirster, who fails war and deals the full 6 wounds to the thirster. Then a unit of crossbowmen shoot it. 2 hits, one wound, one dead Bloodthirster. The other player wasn't too happy and has since put his Bloodthirster in cover for the first turn.

skavenman
20-10-2009, 00:06
I went to a tourny this last weekend brining OnG, everything was going great in games 1 and 2....should have known something bad was gonna happen.

Game 3 was versus a DE list which is fine. Turn 2 a hydra burninates a unit of boyz with a BO boss inside. Despite being S4 at the time he still managed to kill about 7. They of course panic(BO warboss was in range) flee through 2 wolf chariots, 30 man NG unit, and another unit of boyz with my general and a suicide wolf rider. All of the above paniced...a chariot and a unit of boyz stayed on the board, but the rest fleed off the board, persumably going to get more help. The two units that stayed on the board then failed to rally and joined them. At that point I had 2 bolt thrower, my BSB with some boyz, and some squig hoppers versus everything....

StormCrow
20-10-2009, 05:04
My orc big boss on boar charging thunderers in the flank, causing no wounds, being wounded in return, panicking and then fleeing 3 inches only to be caught...

Utter lame

Ax'ataxa
20-10-2009, 05:16
Saurus cav charge blood knights, fall half an inch short, get charged by blood knights, blood knights get 15 ATKs hits 15 times and i save NONE of the throws :wtf:

Aratus
20-10-2009, 05:55
This is one I had the fortune to watch happen from a distance between 2 guys playing at my local game store.

Orcs vs. DE

Turn 1 the Boar Boyz fail an animosity test with a Black Orc char in there, and he did enough wounds to cause a panic check and proceeded to run through the entire army. No one passed a Panic Check and by the end of turn 1 he had only 2 or 3 small gobbo units that could move. The way everything had shifted made it rather impossible to maneuver 4 blocks of infantry all bunched up in a corner of the table so he called it then.

My worst was when my Anvil of Doom misfired and blew up turn 1 in the first game of the first league I was ever in. That set the tone for the weeks to come sadly :cries:

fubukii
20-10-2009, 08:46
blood thrister charged a unit of skels to the front. SKels were 20 strong full cmd

Blood thrister swings, manges 3 hits, rerolls get 5 total. I then only wound the lucky skelly twice, thus being at 3 total cr to his 5. i lose by 2, take a test at ld7, roll a 12 take 5 wounds and poof. The tale of how a worthless skel block slayed my general in game 2 of a tournament :) giving my tournament daemon list its first loss.

Adran
20-10-2009, 10:31
I was playing Ogres vs A Kholek and Thogg list. I had managed to kill all the trolls, but Kholek had eaten all my ogres.
All I had left was a 30 strong unit of Gnoblers. I offered to conceed, but he decided that Kholeck should charge them. Killed 3, and lost combat. Kiled another 3, and lost combat. This time he broke. I failed to catch him, but he didn't rally, and left the board.
62 points of Gnobblers. Killed 650 points of lord, +100 points for general + 100 points for table quater + 200 points fior the standards Kholeck was holding. over 1100 point swing because my unit, that coundn't even hurt him, won the combat. Turned a massacre into a draw

TheDarkDaff
20-10-2009, 11:55
I watched my little brother fail every animosity roll in 6th ed with a squabble result in a 2000 point game. What made it funny was he just annilated my Ravenwing force with his cult of speed by rolling 2 hits on a 5+ on about 50 die then getting a further 45 hits out of the 48 die re-rolled for twin linked weapons.

eleveninches
20-10-2009, 12:02
Getting irresistable force S12 gateway cast on my 1700 VP deathstar in turn 1

Chiron
20-10-2009, 13:32
Getting irresistable force S12 gateway cast on my 1700 VP deathstar in turn 1

Some would say that served you right

Dai-Mongar
20-10-2009, 14:03
The Epic Fail that sticks in my mind tried to masquerade itself as an Epic Get.
After charging and dealing some wounds to a WE lord on dragon, my squig herd was down to about 3 models at the end of the combat. I looked forward to the ensuing havoc the rampaging squigs would deal to the dragon, but I managed to pass the break test on double 1's. The squigs were wiped out in the WE combat phase.
Of course, the one time I don't want insane courage is the time I get it. :rolleyes:

hwd
20-10-2009, 14:06
Its not quite as extreme but my one of my funniest fails isn't really a fail but hey...

My Black Knights charge into some dwarfs and enough damage to win. I elect to persue them needing about 6 inches to hit another unit in the flank who been front charged by another unit.
Dwarfs fail their Ld check so we roll for flee/persuit.

My opponent rolls 1,1. His Dwarfs run an impressive 1 inch.
(needing about 6 remember) I roll 1,1,1

While I chase down the dwarfs, I don't get to toll up the flank. No big deal really but what gets me is that between us we rolled 51's on 5 dice

Commissar Vaughn
20-10-2009, 14:20
My personal biggest epic fail came ina tournament at Warhammer World many moons ago....but it was so awful I can remember it like it was yesterday, despite the awesome hangover!

I took my Empire army, not a competative force but shouldnt have been too bad for the start of 6th ed at 1500 points considering most armies didnt yet have an army book: block each of halberds and swords, detatchments of handguns and crossbows, archers and pistoliers, tooled up sledgehammer of knights. Captain, BS, level 2 wizard, 1 helblaster, 1 cannon.

Played against Wood elves, Dark elves and undead. My army was wiped out 3 times for NO LOSS AT ALL. My dice were worse than I have ever seen them. Every shooting and h2h combat attack missed in all 3 games, I failed EVERY SINGLE LD TEST over the 3 games; my knights got 1 charge off in each game; missed with all their attacks, failed their breaktest, failed the reroll, fled, and were destroyed THREE GAMES IN A ROW! They even managed to get beaten up by 2 spirit host, by the simple expedient of rolling four 1's on their armour saves!

My two warmachines blew up, on the first shot, in the first turn of all 3 games. Thats right, out of 6 attempts to fire I rolled 6 Misfires and 6 1's.

Un-****** Believable. I spent the time between games crying into my bugmans.

The best bit: Somehow I didnt even achieve bottom place , somone else, somehow did worse!

Nuada
20-10-2009, 14:48
My personal biggest epic fail came in a tournament at Warhammer World .....
Somehow I didnt even achieve bottom place , somone else, somehow did worse!

In your tournament, did you get a set amount of points if you don't show up?

Reason i ask is a friend of mine was in a tournament a while ago with his TK, and he somehow managed to finish below a guy that wasn't even there :p made me laugh

Arguleon-veq
20-10-2009, 14:54
I had a game with my Orcs and Gobs against Vamp counts.

All I killed was 1 Vampire Thrall and a unit of Wolves at 2000 Points. I was wiped out.

Another with my Orcs and Gobs against Vamps. I had him down to a wounded Vamp Lord on his own, 1 Ghoul in 1 unit, and about 4 Ghouls in another and a wounded Thrall. In the course of about 2 turns, he healed everything, got the Ghouls up to about 25 strong [this is against 10DD too!]. Getting him back into the game. So its heading towards a draw, then on the very last turn of the game [which was my turn] a wayward Fanatic, hits one of my Gobbo Shamans from 11'' away, killing him, and giving the Vamps the win.

Ramius4
20-10-2009, 15:10
I've had more than I care to admit... But the funniest one was my friend's bad luck.

I was playing dwarves vs. his empire. He easily had a solid 6 ft. of troops in his deployment zone. I deployed a unit of Longbeard rangers (scouts) as close as I could (10") to his flank and out of line of sight. He had Greatswords on his flank...

Suffice to say, I got the first turn, marched them towards the empire flank, then used the anvil of doom to charge them in. Well... After beating the Greatswords, they failed the break test and pretty much ran through his entire line. NINE panic tests were failed when they fled through, with 3 units fleeing right off the table.

The saddest thing of all....? He recovered and won that game! But damn was that funny, not to mention the best unit of Longbeard Rangers EVER.

valdrog
20-10-2009, 15:57
Hmm, let me see..so many to choose from. My favorite one and the one that made me shelve my O&G for over a year.

Tournament vs Empire, unit of Orc Big'uns 25 strong are facing a fully ranked unit of Swords men with Priest, there is a wall of fire in front of the Big'uns (scenario 1)
Unit of NGs 30 strong has flank on same unit of Swords men, ready to charge ( scenario 2)
Unit of Board boys have other flank of the Swords men unit, ready to charge ( scenario 3 )
25 strong Orc unit has Flank charge on another unit of swords-men
( scenario 4)

Scenario 1 : rolled 6 for animosity, and off they go WAaaaghing through the wall of fire, of course i roll a 6 for distance and the whole unit goes through it, 25 tests later, 5 guys get through and make contact with the swords men.

Scenario 2 : Rolled a 1 for animosity and they sit there watching flaming orcs charge a fully ranked empire unit on their own.

Scenario 3: Rolled a 1 for animosity and they also sit there watching 5 flaming orcs charge a fully ranked empire unit.

Scenario 4: yep, rolled another 1 for animosity, the smell of BBQ orc must have been very distracting.

End results ... the flaming orcs die to a man, since there were 5 of them, they cause a panic on the NGs who flee and they run into a unit of pistoleers and die, the Boar boys also panic and run through the 25 orcs that failed animosity, go through them and smash into the unit the orcs were goign to charge and die, they in turn cause the Orcs to panic and they also flee and hit the swords men and die.

Game went from possible major victory to me to a loss. I was so mad i actually crushed an orc model in my hands.

Rupposed
20-10-2009, 17:02
Kitted bloodthirster and exalted demon of khorne fly into the front of twelve horrors. Each takes a wound from being poked, and another from combat resolution.

DarkAngelsG
20-10-2009, 17:19
One of the fellow Lizzie players at the store(someone who owns over 12 armies in 40k and Fantasy) was playing against the manager in a 1k point battle(it was for a campaign)... He fielded a Slann, Temple Guard, Skink Skirmies and I can't remember what else. The enemy fielded Zombies, a Zombie Dragon(inside the Zombie unit), Skeleton Warriors, some kind of Necro(I don't play VC so I don't know) and Blood Knights, as well as some other hero. Blood Knights got wiped out, Slann died, the Skeleton Warriors fled by the Skinks, the Necro ended up getting pinned behind his unit of Zombies, which the Temple Guard got locked in combat in. The Necro had the Zombies in front of him, Skinks in the side, and the fleeing Skeles on his other side. But one of the VC heroes was heading towards the Skinks. And on and on it went similar to this.

But the manager won. By 2300vp. WHAT THE HECK??

And this is actually 40k, and not mine... But basically, someone lost two Termies in one turn with shots from either Ork Lootaz or Stormboyz(I think those are the ones with jetpacks...). And they're equipped with pistols. Which is about the equivalent of a unit of Thunderers killing a Daemon Prince in one turn.

Aratus
21-10-2009, 01:32
One of the fellow Lizzie players at the store(someone who owns over 12 armies in 40k and Fantasy) was playing against the manager in a 1k point battle(it was for a campaign)... He fielded a Slann, Temple Guard, Skink Skirmies and I can't remember what else. The enemy fielded Zombies, a Zombie Dragon(inside the Zombie unit), Skeleton Warriors, some kind of Necro(I don't play VC so I don't know) and Blood Knights, as well as some other hero. Blood Knights got wiped out, Slann died, the Skeleton Warriors fled by the Skinks, the Necro ended up getting pinned behind his unit of Zombies, which the Temple Guard got locked in combat in. The Necro had the Zombies in front of him, Skinks in the side, and the fleeing Skeles on his other side. But one of the VC heroes was heading towards the Skinks. And on and on it went similar to this.

And this is actually 40k, and not mine... But basically, someone lost two Termies in one turn with shots from either Ork Lootaz or Stormboyz(I think those are the ones with jetpacks...). And they're equipped with pistols. Which is about the equivalent of a unit of Thunderers killing a Daemon Prince in one turn.

How did he get a zombie dragon into a 1000pt game? And you cant even put dragons into units :wtf:

Ethriel
21-10-2009, 02:03
OKay, this happened to me last week.

New Skaven book vs My HE...ok, I'm not expecting to win, i have no idea how the army works, plus i have a really soft armylist.

During that entire game, i killed 3 models....while my entire army was wiped out.

The greatest part of that game was when he used his Warp Lightning Cannon, turn 2. Misfires.... "Thank god" I think, "Now it'll blow up some of his units, and i can still pull a draw."

His misfire is the roll i need (spins in a random direction, goes 4d6", large blast str 10)

The spin managed to roll in the exact direction he was originally aiming, at 1" less than what he guessed....which managed to be spot on where my block of 20 White Lions were standing.

Needless to say, there was only blood and fur, left on that patch of ground.

CasaHouse
21-10-2009, 02:30
Dark elf lord on manticore burns his potion of strength and charges my Damsel of the Lady on foot leading a unit of ten peasants. Misses everything. Takes one wound back. Breaks and runs a mighty 5 inches. Damsel runs him down and beats him to death with her rock-on-a-stick.

Axis
21-10-2009, 04:21
Dark elf lord on manticore burns his potion of strength and charges my Damsel of the Lady on foot leading a unit of ten peasants. Misses everything. Takes one wound back. Breaks and runs a mighty 5 inches. Damsel runs him down and beats him to death with her rock-on-a-stick.

haha, genius!

ztlambe
21-10-2009, 05:42
Tournament with my WoC (vs skaven for the first time ever) Bottom of turn 6 and I felt I just needed to finish off this one engineer with 4 clanrats to pull a minor victory. Use my nurgle wizard with bubos... miscast.... snake eyes..../cry. So now I HAVE to kill it to try and pull a win, use my Deamonprince lvl4 with tendrels and cast infernal gateway, roll 2 1s, re-roll one of em and get another 1.... roll on mishap table SNAKE EYES AGAIN!!! So now im 700 down and swiftly lose.

Adrift
21-10-2009, 16:31
So many to choose from...
I was new to 7th Ed VC and had lost my general to a cannon snipe in my first game with them (failed LOS). So the next game versus the same Empire opponent I took an ethereal general...Ha! Lets see you snipe that! First cast of the game, a 3 die Gaze of Nagash...miscast...snake eyes for result...bye bye vampire lord. Army crumbles. I start thinking...why do so many people consider VC overpowered...? lol

pointyteeth
21-10-2009, 17:35
Hmm, so many to choose from...I'll go with the most recent. 4 DrOgres with great weapons and +1 attack from the warshrine charge 15 slayers. I hit 3/16 times and roll triple 1's to wound. He attacks back with additional hw and does no wounds. I lose combat roll double 6's for my break test and flee 16" off the board.

shredshredxx
21-10-2009, 17:49
this isn't exactly from the table as much as from my desk,

but i recently finished scratchbuilding my first model ever, a black orc warboss made of nothing but green stuff, plasticard, a couple skulls on chains from the delf warrior sprue and the black orc sprue, and pure badassery. took 50 hours+

side note: i have 4 dogs, all over 100 pounds. i never let them in my room while i'm gone, as they wreak much havoc.

last night i came home really late, there were leaves from outside all over my bed and floor, as well as little bits of green stuff and plasticard. his base, complete with severed chaos warrior head for him to be stomping on, was lying on my pillow as if they left it there for me to find.

le sigh.

oh well, typing this is cathartic, and it's just an excuse to do the damn thing again, better this time.

orkz222
21-10-2009, 18:04
recent epic F

11 glade guards shot a 1 wound hydra at short range - 0 wounds --- WE turn 4
same glade guards shot the same hydra at short range - 0 wounds --- WE turn 5

epic win at turn 6 though... 5 wounds inflicted on the 1 wound hydra... killing it

because of 2 turns inflicting 0 wounds on the 1W hydra... opponent was able to get 50% VP for a COK unit with only 1 surviving elf...

DarkAngelsG
21-10-2009, 18:07
How did he get a zombie dragon into a 1000pt game? And you cant even put dragons into units :wtf:

I don't play VC, I just know it was a Zombie Dragon MODEL... it might have been a proxy for something else.

SneakyChris
21-10-2009, 18:10
Not sure if these count but here goes.....

Accepting a challenge from a manager to play my OK against his lizardmen army (the previous codex).

2nd, dwarfs vs lizard men. I had chosen to play a cc dwarf army, let my opponent go 1st, then used combination of anvil and banner to let me get a 1st turn charge off into his lines. My slayers, hammerers and iron guard waded into his skinks and slaughtered them.

I failed my test to restrain and pursued them to his board edge. It was then I realized that these 3 units (including my general) were now out of position and effectively out of the game......

I ended up losing as my anvil and small units of thunderers were trashed.

loveless
21-10-2009, 18:11

This story has so many impossibilities it makes my head hurt. Dragon in a unit? Dragon and Blood Knights in a 1000 point game? Fleeing skeletons? Buh! :confused:

Stormboyz are jump infantry. It's actually not that impressive, due to the hail of fire any Ork army can put out. I'd say it's more equivalent to a unit of pistoliers knocking a rank off of a Chaos Warrior unit in one turn.

----

I've got a few from my Empire days.

Wood Elf opponent gets his Wild Riders on my flank - decides he'll take out the Militia detachment (angled in such a way that he'll charge them head-on, followed by a flank charge on their Swordsmen parent). Charges Militia, who pass their fear test. Biffs all attacks. Militia strike back. Kill 2 Wild Riders. Wild Riders break, run 4 inches. Militia pursue 6 inches. Best 50 points I spent in that game.

Same game. My BSB challenges his noble for fun.
Opponent: "You need 6's to hit me in a challenge."
Me: "Okay, I'll roll 6's then."
*rolls dice*
3 sixes.
Opponent: "..."

He should've kept his mouth shut :p

grumbaki
21-10-2009, 18:22
Last edition I played 2k dwarfs against VC. I had all of my artillery on a hill, with a unit of undead knights facing it.

I unload 2 cannons, a flame cannon and an organ gun at the 5 knights. Both cannons have the rune of forging.

Both cannons misfire, and roll a misfire with their re-rolls. Then the flame cannon misfires, and the organ gun misfires. 1 cannon blows up, as does the flame cannon. The second cannon and organ gun cannot fire for two turns.

The five undead knights end up taking out the remaining two artillery pieces.

----

On the flip side, my dwarfs went up against high elves in a 2k game. He took two units of 30 spearelves, and I took 2 flame cannons. In 1 turn I got two direct hits. Spear elf unit 1 lost 15 elves, spear elf unit 2 lost 16 elves.

----

So luck comes and it goes, and if you play enough you'll eventually see it all.

Awilla the Hun
21-10-2009, 19:04
A WE Treeman charged my 25 man unit of Men At Arms in the flank. Failed to hit and wound over 5 turns of combat. My men at arms turned it into firewood

A 400+ point lord taken down by 100 points worth of sacrificial peasants!

Comrade Zaonite, the valour of the working classes has not been in vain! Even though they remain enslaved under the monarchist oppression, they have assisted in a great way in slaughtering one of the mightiest servants of the Elvenist-Natureist Tyrrany. Comrade von Stahl will not forget them!

Officially, the Red Guards have had no epic fails. Unofficially, an 800 pts game when my army got slaughtered by two large blocks of Horrors and two Daemon Magicians (can't remember the name) makes me mentally shudder whenever it comes to mind. Whenever I rant about Tzeentchi Daemon armies (not very often), that's why. So much fire power...

twistinthunder
21-10-2009, 19:56
i rolled 2 dice ,2!, to cast the ressurection spell for the vampire counts and rolled a 2 and 1. failing miserably it was the funniest thing!

Draco74
21-10-2009, 20:41
I was playing a friend of mine and he was allowing my 7 year old son to roll for me (he loves watching warhammer). My Beastmen vs. his Vamps (last edition). My son wants our 5 warhounds to charge his unit of 3 Ogre maneaters. I told my son that it wasn't a good idea, because they cause fear, could stand and shoot and where a lot tougher than the warhounds. My son was sure that they could do it and to prove a point I went ahead and made the charge, to show him how badly it would fail.

They passed their fear test on Ld 5.
All his shots missed.
The Warhounds cause two wounds with only 5 S3 attacks.
Ogres wiff with all their attacks.
He fails his Ld and flees.
Warhounds run them down.

My son was grinning from ear to ear. And my friend said that he is never allowed to roll for me again.

Malorian
21-10-2009, 20:47
Just my battle against malekith seems to be the biggest one I can think of.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130183

GuyLeCheval
21-10-2009, 20:48
I was playing a friend of mine and he was allowing my 7 year old son to roll for me (he loves watching warhammer). My Beastmen vs. his Vamps (last edition). My son wants our 5 warhounds to charge his unit of 3 Ogre maneaters. I told my son that it wasn't a good idea, because they cause fear, could stand and shoot and where a lot tougher than the warhounds. My son was sure that they could do it and to prove a point I went ahead and made the charge, to show him how badly it would fail.

They passed their fear test on Ld 5.
All his shots missed.
The Warhounds cause two wounds with only 5 S3 attacks.
Ogres wiff with all their attacks.
He fails his Ld and flees.
Warhounds run them down.

My son was grinning from ear to ear. And my friend said that he is never allowed to roll for me again.

That's one beautiful story, but it fits better in the epic win cotegory, then in the epic fail one...;)

Just my battle against malekith seems to be the biggest one I can think of.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130183

That's what I said.

Knighta
22-10-2009, 02:07
Was playing with my skaven against VC. First spell of the game with my grey seer on a bell, warplighting on 3 dice. 3 ones, then went on to roll snake eyes on the miscast table.

Yep.

hlaine larkin
22-10-2009, 10:43

and a slaan in 1000 points?

Fjoergyn
22-10-2009, 11:41
Chaos Warriors against my Skavens.

Chaos Lord in boobsnake and a Chaos giant (that only had 1 wound) charge one unit of 20 plaguemonks with a plague priest (crown of regen, plaguecenser).

The giant fails the plaguecenser Toughness test.
My friend kick the table with rage, the giant falls (and it is the 6th Ed. giant) and break his beautiful Lord in snake...

Kardon
22-10-2009, 15:00
biggest epic fail must be when we played a 3k cheese battle.. woc vs DE. Only thing I had left at the start of the sixth turn was Archaon. It was my last turn. And I thought I should throw a flickering fire to get some extra VPs from a Dark Rider unit.. It ended in a miscast. So I thought "oh well, to bad" and throw the dices for the miscast result.. And guess what.. Double one's.. All in all we concluded that Archaon didnt like to be alone and used the miscast to get safely back to the chaos waistes ^^

zeekill
23-10-2009, 14:57
Ahhh... this is a story I have told many times.

In a random "lets just write lists in 10 minutes and wing it for fun" pickup game my 20 Chosen Chaos Warriors just smacked into a very plain unit of Empire Greatswords ranked 8 wide with a Warrior Priest in it (my opponent accidentally positioned exactly 8" away from me, lucky me!) and he decided to hold against the charge.

In my magic phase I was doing very well, that is until I miscasted. No big deal, i thought, this game's already in the bag. I rolled on the miscast table. And "surprise, surprise" rolled a 6. This allowed my opponent to cast Dazzling Brightness on my chosen, which i didnt have any power dice left to prevent with.

Close combat phase. My Chosen now need 5's to hit, but no big deal I can do it. WHIIF! I rolled 6 1's, 4 2's, 3 4's and 2 6's. Those 2 6's then proceeded to roll 1's to wound. He retaliates, with his hatred hits with everything, meaning 9 Greatsword attacks and 2 Warrior Priest attacks (with a great weapon) Then proceeds to cause 7 wounds with the greatswords and 2 with the Priest. With my 2+ save only reduced to a 4+, I thought I could handle it, but I was wrong, because I missed 5 saves from the Greatswords and both from the priest. I broke, I ran, he let his priest (on a warhorse) chase after me, catch me, and wipe my entire unit out.

I went home that night and melted that Chaos Sorcerer. Well, not really.

barlio
23-10-2009, 15:24
6 Edition Empire Stank. I roll for Steam points and go over my wounds (on Turn 1 that is). I end up losing 20 of my 25 wounds to that, doh.

Lusall
24-10-2009, 06:02
Just happend tonight...

It was a 1500 pt game. Bretonnians vs Ogre Kingdoms. Well...it starts off well. My main two groups of 12 knights Errant (I'm playing Errantry war list) charge some gnoblars on the left flank. 24 knights plus a paladin and BSB...no contest. They overrunn into a group of 8 Bulls. No contest there, either. On the right flank...my Grail Relique gets taken out, no big deal. My 3rd group of knights in the center takes heavy casualties but manages to split a group of 6 leadbelchers. All he has left is a group of Ironguts with his general and...a giant.

Well...that giant moves up and causes a terror check. My first knights Errant unit (with my general) fail and run...through my next unit...they fail the panic check...run as well. My third group of knights in the center gets charged by the Ogre general...that goes over SO WELL. >.<

Next turn...my generals unit gets charged by the giant...and since they're fleeing...they flee again. This time, off the board. To finish things off...the second unit of Knights Errant fails the Terror test they have comming. And flee off the board. Funniest/worst loss ever.