PDA

View Full Version : Ravenwing Battle Force

Tedurur
18-10-2009, 14:33
Im in the process of building a Space Marine army and curious as to what kind of weapons that comes with the RW BF. More to the point, can you build a MM/HF, a MMAB and what speciel weapons comes with the bikers? Thankful for any help :)

LonelyPath
18-10-2009, 14:37
The bikers come with no special weapons at all, the land speeder is the older model coming only with the heavy bolter and multi-melta. However, the Ravenwing frames come with power swords, typhoon rocket pods and the parts to make the land speeder a assault cannon tornado.

Tedurur
18-10-2009, 15:03
You mean Heavy bolter and Assult Cannon right? Oh well guess I can live with not getting any MM since I should get some spare MMs to use from my HB ABs...

Lion El Jason
18-10-2009, 15:14
The Land Speeder has a MM and HB, both options for the gunner.

The RW sprue has parts for the assault cannon.

Giganthrax
18-10-2009, 15:22
There's no speeder heavy flamer in the sprue, and no meltaguns/flamers/plasmaguns for bikers? Not even a powerfist for the sergeant? Bleh.

Also, does anyone know if the ravenwing attack bike comes with a multimelta?

Murphy's law
18-10-2009, 15:53
Yes, there is a multimelta-option.
The Ravenwingbox is briliant.

Lion El Jason
18-10-2009, 15:54
The Attack Bike is just the plastic sprue so yes it does.

And of course it fits the speeder MM and HB so you can swap them and make spares if you have arms from the vehicle gunner sprue.

jimbo1701
18-10-2009, 16:15
It's an awesome box set and by and large the best way to get a load of fast attack choices in your army on a budget. If you don't play DAs then you can always sell on the DA sprues - I've seen them go for 5 each on EBay! (you get 3)

In the box you will get:

5 pintle heavy bolters (3 may need some conversion as they're the TL ones)
2 pintle multi-meltas
3 underslung assault cannons
3 pairs of tornado launchers

Plus a ton of spare parts. Not to mention 6 bikes, an attack bike and land speeder.

LonelyPath
18-10-2009, 17:25
I've heard that more recent copies of the box only contain 2 RW frames, but the 2 boxes I bought contained 3, but that was a while ago.

jimbo1701
18-10-2009, 22:14
I've heard that more recent copies of the box only contain 2 RW frames, but the 2 boxes I bought contained 3, but that was a while ago.

Bought one a few months back - it had 3 frames and the newer oval bases. (so it must have been made since the SM codex was released rather than having been sat on a shelf for 2 years) I think you need 3 so that you can add the raven totems to all 7 bikes, hence why you get enough to upgrade 9 bikes.

LonelyPath
18-10-2009, 22:44
Bought one a few months back - it had 3 frames and the newer oval bases. (so it must have been made since the SM codex was released rather than having been sat on a shelf for 2 years) I think you need 3 so that you can add the raven totems to all 7 bikes, hence why you get enough to upgrade 9 bikes.

Thanks for the news, I'm glad to hear that they still supply 3 frames and even happier to hear the new bike bases and included.

Captain Ventris
19-10-2009, 16:17
I'm currently working on a White Scars force (1500pts) ((I should probably start a Project Log eh?))

I basically bought two of the Ravenwing Boxes, a Tactical Squad, a Scout Squad, Scout Landspeeder, and the Shoulderpads/bits for White Scars...I got the following list:

HQ:
KorSarro Khan, Moon Drakken (205)

Captain Kieva Khan, Relic Blade, Artificer Armor, Melta bombs, (205)
Digital weapons, Hellfire Rounds, Bike

Command Squad, Company Champion, Power Fist, 2x Power (290)
Swords, Space Marine Bikes, Company Standard

Chaplain Jac' Tiel, Space Marine Bike, (135)

Troops:

10 Tactical Marines, Melta Gun, Combi-Melta, Power Sword (205)
Melta Bombs
Rhino (35)

8 Biker Marines, 2x Melta Guns, Assault Bike, Multi-Melta (300)
Power Sword

5 Scouts, Heavy Bolter, Melta Bombs (90)

Fast Attack:

Land Speeder Storm, Heavy Flamer (60)

Land Speeder, Typhoon Missile Launcher (90)

Land Speeder, Typhoon Missile Launcher (90)

Total: (1500)
Units 11
Scoring Units 3
Independent Characters 2

Total Points Spent on HQ 42%
Total Points Spent on troops 42%
Total Points Spent on Fast Attack 16%

Long story short, the Ravenwing box is really great and is a HUGE money saver over buying bikes and landspeeders seperately, I have probably bought 8 of these boxes over the years...(I also have a ravenwing force)

primarch16
19-10-2009, 16:28
Surprisingly marine biker armys are actually one of the cheapest armys to do with this boxed set.

*ponders over lists*

Tedurur
19-10-2009, 16:35
Thats awesome. Time to order then :)