PDA

View Full Version : Favoritism toward Skaven

Masters of Ulthwe
19-10-2009, 10:45
Has someone at Warseer got a soft spot for our furry little friends? I'm curious because no sooner was it mentioned that Beasts of Chaos was to be published, it was booted off the Rumours forum. And yet we know for a fact Skaven are coming, but look, still on Rumours!!!!

Nicha11
19-10-2009, 10:47
Non topic.

EmperorNorton
19-10-2009, 10:49
Might that be because there are actual rumours about the Skaven (mainly the rules at this point), while there is nothing to discuss about the BoC?

Badger[Fr]
19-10-2009, 10:55
Quick-quick, Administrators! Our secret have been revealed! Delete the man-thing's thread! Eeek!

Red_Duke
19-10-2009, 10:56
indeed. GW are being exceptionally tight lipped these days about their upcoming releases, so i'm personally not expecting to hear anything even remotely solid about the beasts until relatively close to their release date - so at least another 2-3 months really given that they're unlikely to make any kind of appearance until feb/march next year. (what with Nids being tipped for a Jan codex and all)

Masters of Ulthwe
19-10-2009, 11:00
Non topic.

Is that a rumour or a fact?

Nicha11
19-10-2009, 11:17
Is that a rumour or a fact?

Fact.

And i'll enter a few characters down here just to spite the post size machine.

Orcboy_Phil
19-10-2009, 12:06
Beasts are next??? Yay at last an army I don't want to do, my wallet is safe... for now!

loveless
19-10-2009, 14:56
Has someone at Warseer got a soft spot for our furry little friends? I'm curious because no sooner was it mentioned that Beasts of Chaos was to be published, it was booted off the Rumours forum. And yet we know for a fact Skaven are coming, but look, still on Rumours!!!!

The Beasts Rumour thread degraded into wishlisting and playing "Guess the Gor" as there was no information in it.

In today's GW, the only rumour thread worth having is the one for the next book - often regardless of the system it's in. It's rather surprising that the Space Wolf thread and the Skaven thread coexisted - likely due to their proximity to each other.

Come December, we'll probably see a quality Tyranid thread over in 40K N&RD and the beginning of the Beast thread that will stick around in Fantasy N&RD.

Besides, people always seem to neglect the "News" part of the N&RD forums. It's not a rumour forum - it's a news and rumour forum. To think of it as anything else is a disservice to yourself.

Masters of Ulthwe
19-10-2009, 16:47
Thanks loveless for that informative and not dismissive post.

Agoz
19-10-2009, 17:00
The answer is yes, we like the skaven more ;)

EviIPaladin
19-10-2009, 17:18
The answer is yes, we like the skaven more ;)

Totally agree. :D

-Evii

spetswalshe
19-10-2009, 19:43
When it's a choice between scurrilous vermin spouting half-truths and stabbing each other in the back, or bovine slack-jaws chewing cud and braying at each other, Warseer goes for the Ratmen every time. We're not a sports forum, after all.

Dartzstrong
19-10-2009, 19:49
Ratatouille was much better than Bambi.

Laurela
19-10-2009, 20:00
This Warseerian doesn't favor Skaven, Beastmen all the way 8)

sigur
19-10-2009, 20:43
When it's a choice between scurrilous vermin spouting half-truths and stabbing each other in the back, or bovine slack-jaws chewing cud and braying at each other, Warseer goes for the Ratmen every time. We're not a sports forum, after all.

Nice bash at sports but I prefer beastmen.

Arjuna
21-10-2009, 08:47
The beastmen are the true children of chaos but have proven to be the red haired stepchildren of GW. I have faint hope that their book will be anywhere near as interesting as the skaven book.

Nonetheless I will never part with my 30 painted plastic dogface khornegors from the old Milton Bradely game "Battle Masters".

Tokamak
21-10-2009, 11:09
Is this some original attempt at trolling?

The Red Scourge
21-10-2009, 11:31
Obviously skaven as the supreme race, deserves some extra attention and adoration by warseer, it is only natural - and proper :)