PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Pre-Order the Tyranids?

HsojVvad
21-10-2009, 18:40
I just realised I was in the rumour forums so I am stopping myself in asking this question.

So who is going to Pre-order the Tyranid codex, boxset or any models or anything Tyranids for the Jan 2nd 2010 release?

I am thinking of doing it, but not shure if the shipment will arrive on time or not. I don't care if it comes early, (but would be great if it did) but I don't want it to arrive late.

So who is pre-ordering and why, if I may ask. (of course I can ask :D you just don't have to answer :skull: )

Has anyone who did pre order stuff around the Christmas holidays, and expected it to arrive in January, actually get your stuff from GW or not. How is their shipment record? I had to wait over 4 weeks for my SH replacement book to come in. I am in Canada, and I know we have 3 holidays in 7 days, so not shure how the shippment would work.

starlight
21-10-2009, 18:48
Generally speaking, pre-orders arrive a few days before release date...which is a bonus to ordering direct from GW and paying full retail. The earlier the order is placed *usually* the earlier you should see it arrive. Do bear in mind that *any* orders in the Western World will be delayed over Christmas, regardless of what company you order from...

Personally, with all the clamp downs and such on information, I'll be waiting until I can actually look at the product before I shell out my money. Back when GW was a little freer with the information and pictures I'd have been saving up for things I decided to buy...but these days I'm spending my money on things from other companies because they've told me what to expect.

Rick Blaine
21-10-2009, 18:49
Codex for sure. I probably won't be able to afford anything else.
Why preorder? My FLGS gives a 20% discount on preorders :D

marv335
21-10-2009, 18:56
I'll pick it up when it's released, I get all the codecies so I can keep up with my opponents rules.

HsojVvad
21-10-2009, 19:00
Codex for sure. I probably won't be able to afford anything else.
Why preorder? My FLGS gives a 20% discount on preorders :D

With it being in Winter, I dont' want to drive over an hour to get to the store to just get 20% off a codex. Now if I was going to get the box set and more, that could be a different story, but just a $30 Canadian codex is not worth the drive, so was wundering if pre-ordering from GW would be the way to go.

If it wasn't in winter, Or we get anthour mile winter like last year, then I might travel the hour, but in snow that would be like 2 hours there, 2 hours back, no thank you. Not worth the 5 bucks to save. And if I go to my nearest GW store that is 1\2 hour drive. In snow, one hour there, one hour back home, might as while pre-order it and hope it gets in early.

I never pre-ordered anything before, so not shure if it's the way to go.

Max Jet
21-10-2009, 19:06
Not a chance in hell.

I can wait, and thus will have more time to decide what I need and how much it is worth to me.

TimLeeson
21-10-2009, 19:07
I'll likely pick up the new codex for backround, while I appreciate them doing more alien looking models (trygon, plastic ravenors ect) their still not alien enough for my taste to spend money on.

grg3d
21-10-2009, 19:13
Oooooh me oooooh me

Nah I can wait

Just like I'm waiting for the Necrons to come out :eek:

Ph4lanx
21-10-2009, 19:16
I'll pick it up when it's released, I get all the codecies so I can keep up with my opponents rules.

What do you do with the old codecies when you buy the new ones? Keep them, or throw them out? That's a lot of old books! :)

grissom2006
21-10-2009, 19:49
I'll get the Codex but not going to bother with the mini's until i know whats what with the rules and know what my opponents can field.

Ph4lanx i have every issue of WD since issue 50 everything 40K related since the very beginning of 40K plus WFB. Most veterans in the hobby don't get rid of the old stuff just because it got a shiney newer version. The older stuff has lots of details that get skipped over or not mentioned any longer, so we have a clear picture on the histories than a lot of others in the hobby.

twistinthunder
21-10-2009, 19:53
i'm getting the codex, stuff i want that comes out/ is out on jan 2nd in stores white dwarf will keep me hyped up on the bus journey.

battleforce/later in jan stuff definitly pre-order the good stuff (it would be such a let down if the battle force was rubbish.

grissom2006
21-10-2009, 20:02
battleforce/later in jan stuff definitly pre-order the good stuff (it would be such a let down if the battle force was rubbish.

Unless GW changes it's mind Battleforces and Battalion boxes don't go on advanced or lists no more the SW Battleforce went up on the site night before release. I also moaned to GW about not being able to order them and got a well thats tough luck but he couldn't do a thing about it as those above him had made the rules.

marv335
21-10-2009, 20:06
What do you do with the old codecies when you buy the new ones? Keep them, or throw them out? That's a lot of old books! :)
I keep them.
I have every 40k rule book/codex printed, starting with rogue trader.
There is always something worth keeping hold of them for.

Zujara
21-10-2009, 20:12
I will wait and buy it at the local store on release day, probably just the codex unless the Trygon rumours are true!

Wolf 11x
21-10-2009, 20:14
I won't be pre-ordering anything. In fact, if I have to buy too many new models, I'll probably quit playing 40k altogether. I've continued to play my 1500 Nidzilla through 4th and 5th.

Murphey
21-10-2009, 20:15
I'm gonna preorder the codex. I'm gonna ask my girlfriend to get it for me for Christmas :)

~Murphey

Joewrightgm
21-10-2009, 23:07
Depends on a lot of factors; I've always had a soft spot for the Tyranids, because they're the faceless horror that can't be reasoned or negotiated with.

I like the current Ravener models, but if the plastics do them better, I may have to see about starting a meager force of tyranids.

solkan
21-10-2009, 23:15
Depending on what the release date ends up being, I'm going to try putting in an advance order as a late Christmas present for my brother.

bringerofdecay
21-10-2009, 23:19
doubtless i will be, every iteration of tyranids, since the world began, i have collected and then flogged because i don't have the patience to paint a hoard, this time i will succeed!!!!!

HsojVvad
21-10-2009, 23:20
Depending on what the release date ends up being, I'm going to try putting in an advance order as a late Christmas present for my brother.

Release date is January 2, 2010. Games Workshop has even said so.

Nezalhualixtlan
22-10-2009, 01:33
I'll be pre-ordering for certain

Putty
22-10-2009, 01:54
As a nid player i'll only pre-order the codex to review if my current army is made redundant.

after that i'll spend the next few weeks deciding if i need new models and work on revamping my army.

no pre-ordering new models for me... why waste $ on a model that you end up never using (or using it for the sake of and they are crap in the game)

i got friends who are like this, they whine and bitch when the new models don't work in-game but commit the same mistake over and over... lol

march10k
22-10-2009, 03:21
For me, it'll depend on the viability of a "living carpet" tactic in the new dex. Say, 160 gaunts, 40 assorted medium bugs (obviously, there'd have to be warriors for synapse), and have the list work. That would get me to buy in.

Hicks
22-10-2009, 03:22
I won't pre-order it unless shipping is free. I will pick it up for sure though, my nids are my only fully painted force and I can't wait to use them again.

DCLXVI
22-10-2009, 03:52
As we're currently living under a rumour lockdown regime, and I like to (sort of) know what's in the pipeline so I can plan ahead and save for what I want, I won't be preordering anything. Instead, I'll just be buying the codex when it comes out to see how much my existing 'Nid army has changed, and take it from there.....

Goat of Yuggoth
22-10-2009, 11:09
I am going to preorder the codex and some new plastics (I just loooooove them plastics) and after that, consider my possible army builds and make another purchase from a site that has pretty wonderful discounts..

This Tyranid release is going to eat through my wallet big time. And the release date is only eight days from my military service day 1. :cries: But alas, I know where my holidays are spent from now on :D:D

genestealer_baldric
22-10-2009, 12:08
I can almost say that iam going to spend far to much money in both the pre-order phase and then when they are realised, but the hive mind must allways gather new troops.

HsojVvad
22-10-2009, 13:37
... why waste $ on a model that you end up never using (or using it for the sake of and they are crap in the game)

Just because the model is nice looking and you think it's awsome? I got a few mini's just because they are great looking. I will never use them, but I love modelling and painting them.

Macragge
22-10-2009, 14:01
The codex, definitely. The minis, definitely not.

I'll preorder the codex providing that GW guarantee I get it on or before the release date. If it's not here on or before the release date, I'll drive over to Leicester store and buy it (reluctantly) from there, and claim my pre-order back from GW.

I'll then spend a week or so mulling over the Codex, playtesting various scenarios with model representations, and then put together a few lists and build from there. By that time the minis will be available at my local discounted GW retailer Gifts for Geeks, where I can get all the models at 20% off list price in store, without being harassed to buy a battleforce.

That's my plan, and I'm sticking to it.

Souleater
22-10-2009, 14:15
I have gone straight to the last post in this thread and scrolled down with my eyes shut so as not to read what I might be ordering. :)

My birthday is in December and I've asked my loved ones for vouchers from the FLGS. I want to walk into the store on release day and be surprised by what's on offer.

Mind you, I do wonder if I'll be just grabbing the codex first and reading that before purchasing anything.

I'm sticking to my idea of only picking up on GW's offical info. So far...excited by seeing the rumour thread for nids bouncing up and down but a little hollow in side as I wait to see just what is within the garishly cartoony covers of the latest Nid dex.

So...apart from possibly pre-ordering the codex from GW in order to get it earlier...nothing.