PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angels Veteran Marines - what's included?

Fugazi
22-10-2009, 14:54
The store near me doesn't have this in stock, so I have to ask: What's in the box?

The site says, "This box set contains five multi-part plastic Dark Angel Veteran Space Marines and additional components for upgrading any multi-part plastic Space Marine squad to a squad of Dark Angels."

Are these just standard marines with the DA upgrade sprue? Or do they have a unique sprue? It's unclear.

the_picto
22-10-2009, 15:00
It's a unique sprue. You get 5 robed bodies that come as the legs and back half of the torso, then there's a selection of front torsos. Then you get a variety of dark angel shoulderpads, bolters, power weapons, a storm shield, backpacks and accesories. You also get one set of terminator legs, an assault cannon, a terminator power sword and a terminator storm bolter. I think that cover most of it.

grissom2006
22-10-2009, 15:09
You can even look at the sprue contents on the GW web site here http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1400016&prodId=prod1060242

pookie
22-10-2009, 15:14
It's a unique sprue. You get 5 robed bodies that come as the legs and back half of the torso, then there's a selection of front torsos. Then you get a variety of dark angel shoulderpads, bolters, power weapons, a storm shield, backpacks and accesories. You also get one set of terminator legs, an assault cannon, a terminator power sword and a terminator storm bolter. I think that cover most of it.

im not disputing you dont get DA Shoulder pads, but you dont get any with a chapter icon on, just Swords.

Fugazi
22-10-2009, 15:15
Yes, thanks, I've seen the DA Upgrade sprue. So the vets box is just parts from the DA Upgrade sprue? It's not a separate veterans sprue?

pookie
22-10-2009, 15:18
Yes, thanks, I've seen the DA Upgrade sprue. So the vets box is just parts from the DA Upgrade sprue? It's not a separate veterans sprue?

no its not, technically they dont have a upgrade sprue ( which is what the BT got ) but a actual sqd in a box, with bitz that can be used across your DA's

BigBadBull
22-10-2009, 15:46
There is an upgrde pack so to say... it is a ton better deal than the vet box.

Basicly it is 2 vet boxes for the $2 lees than the price of one box minus the labels....

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1050001&prodId=prod1060242

you get 2 of them... in one order

vs

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1050001&prodId=prod1060236

1 of the sets in a box with instructions and labels...

So which is a better deal? I don't think I've seen this in a while with GW....

BTW: I've ordered around 4-6 of these at different times for the store and my self.
come in a D.O. plastic bag with two of the DA vet sprews in them... 10 robed marines 2 assault cannons! Awesome deal...

the_picto
22-10-2009, 15:58
im not disputing you dont get DA Shoulder pads, but you dont get any with a chapter icon on, just Swords.

That's a good point. If you want actual DA ones, I imagine GW do them in metal.

Basicly it is 2 vet boxes for the $2 lees than the price of one box minus the labels....

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1050001&prodId=prod1060242

you get 2 of them... in one order

vs

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1050001&prodId=prod1060236

1 of the sets in a box with instructions and labels...

So which is a better deal? I don't think I've seen this in a while with GW....

BTW: I've ordered around 4-6 of these at different times for the store and my self.
come in a D.O. plastic bag with two of the DA vet sprews in them... 10 robed marines 2 assault cannons! Awesome deal...

Seriously? I'd noticed the upgrade pack before and thought it was just the veterans box under a different name. You're saying it's actually two veteran boxes for the price of one?

Lion El Jason
22-10-2009, 16:12
Yeah I ordered the upgrade pack and got 2 sprues for the price of 1 box. However I assumed the box comes with a special weapons sprue for flamers and plasmaguns and stuff. I have not bought a vets box though so I can't guarantee that.

Fugazi
22-10-2009, 16:13

Am I reading you right? You get two of everything you see here (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1060242&rootCatGameStyle=)?

Lion El Jason
22-10-2009, 16:14
Am I reading you right? You get two of everything you see here (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1060242&rootCatGameStyle=)?

Yes. That's what I got in the upgrade pack.

pookie
22-10-2009, 16:16
Yeah I ordered the upgrade pack and got 2 sprues for the price of 1 box. However I assumed the box comes with a special weapons sprue for flamers and plasmaguns and stuff. I have not bought a vets box though so I can't guarantee that.

it comes with nothing but the DA Vet Sprue.

Abaddonshand
22-10-2009, 16:33
The upgrade pack provides ten robed marines, plus all the DA goodies, but does not include bases, or the the special weapons sprue.

the_picto
22-10-2009, 17:04
The upgrade pack provides ten robed marines, plus all the DA goodies, but does not include bases, or the the special weapons sprue.

I want some DA themed sternguard, so a lack of special weapons isn't a problem. This pleases me greatly.

Abaddonshand
22-10-2009, 20:46
If you want to go whole-hog on the robed sternguard, I suggest you do what I do for stormbolter armed DA Company Veterans, and give them box magazines. It's a pretty easy conversion, just chop off the magazines below the feed, attach half of a terminator stormbolter box with the revealed ammo pointing outwards, and greenstuff to taste.

Shipmonkey
22-10-2009, 20:50
it comes with nothing but the DA Vet Sprue.

Are you sure? The two vet boxes I purchased both had the normal Marine upgrade sprue included; the melta, plasma gun, missile launcher, sarge bitz and such.

Raibaru
22-10-2009, 21:14
The vet box comes with 1 DA accessory sprue and the command blister from the Tactical Space Marine box and the bases.

The DA accessory thing that costs $2 less or something like that comes with 2 of the DA sprues and that's it.

So if you want 5 dark angels with some special weapons get the vet box (I wouldn't). If you want 10 dark angels without bases get the other item.

BigBadBull
22-10-2009, 22:14
The vet box comes with 1 DA accessory sprue and the command blister from the Tactical Space Marine box and the bases.

The DA accessory thing that costs $2 less or something like that comes with 2 of the DA sprues and that's it.

So if you want 5 dark angels with some special weapons get the vet box (I wouldn't). If you want 10 dark angels without bases get the other item.

That is the way the 6 or so I've ordered for me and the store have come....
so if you need Assault cannons or DW termy parts, or want more robed bodies to spread out in your army, this is the way to go hands down.

If you don't want the termy parts you could easily resell them and basically come out Null from your pocket...

No bases no special weapon sprews, no labels....
$2 cheaper than vet box, and has 2 of every thing pictured....

Bases are no biggie to me, I have hundreds of all types, even 5+ dread ones...

Cypher, the Emperor
22-10-2009, 23:00
Just dont believe the picture of the box in the GW site, it has a bunch of stuff (stormbolter, etc) that doesnt actually come in the box.

It comes with ONE of the sprue from the command box (the one with the special weps, not the one with the apothacary and champion bits) and one DA upgrade sprue.

The DA kit is a much better deal, because you can get 10 guys for 20 bucks and then just bits order the special weapons.

Raibaru
22-10-2009, 23:08
Right, look at the accessory thing and not the vet box. The vet box effectively comes with 1 of all that is shown (5 bodies, not just the 3 pictured) and the sprue in the Tact Marine squad box. The accessory thingy effectively comes with 2x of what's shown (10 bodies, not just the 6 like you'd imagine).

Hicks
23-10-2009, 00:07
What?!??! If GW were smart enough to show what's really included in the DA upgrade pack I'd have started a Fallen army years ago. I always thought you got 3 complete marines and a bunch of accessories for $20, not 10 complete robed marines!

Lion El Jason
23-10-2009, 00:07
The upgrade box is an awesome deal. TBH if I were doing another battle company I'd buy nothing but those. I have enough friends with spare devastator weapons (You get loads in the box) you get the bolters... I bet if you bought assault or devs you could swap marine bodies to trade for special weapons. All marine players have loads of spares and if you dont... GW Direct has them all on bits packs :)