PDA

View Full Version : Ork Nobz

ard boy stu
22-10-2009, 22:00
Iv just noticed on the GW website there are two different Ork nob squads one under Elite and the other under collectables, im tempted to buy the one under collectables as it has a waaaagh! Banner but its double the price.

im just wondering are they mettle or do they just have a lot of upgrades making them expensive?

HerrDusty
22-10-2009, 22:11
They will be the old metal ones at twice the price, methinks, only the newer ones are plastic.

marv335
22-10-2009, 22:13
personally I'd get the new ones as the kit is simply awesome.
Just add the direct only waaagh banner.

ard boy stu
22-10-2009, 22:25
k

cheers

warlord-grimlok
23-10-2009, 20:05
you can get a nob with waaagh banner from the collectibles section anyway.
the new kit is awesome though.

LonelyPath
23-10-2009, 21:26
You can make a nob with Waaagh! Banner with minimum fuss using the plastic kit, some wire, a bosspole, some other bits and pieces (like severed heads, totems, etc). It will save money on buying the expensive Waaagh! BAnner mini in the collectors range. The current plastic Ork range is simply amazing, I can't get enough of it. I've built up 2600 points of Orks over the last few weeks and still adding more. I really must start painting them, heh.

DeathTyrant
23-10-2009, 21:37
The old Nobz set was one of the BNIB things that I recently dug out of my closet. :D
They are nice minis indeed, but I'm certainly glad for plastic minis these days.

marv335
23-10-2009, 22:02
The direct only Waaagh banner is an awesome model though. well worth having.

ard boy stu
23-10-2009, 22:29
You can make a nob with Waaagh! Banner with minimum fuss using the plastic kit, some wire, a bosspole, some other bits and pieces (like severed heads, totems, etc). It will save money on buying the expensive Waaagh! BAnner mini in the collectors range.

Yh thats a good idea ill try that has I have lots of spare SM parts from my old army

LonelyPath
23-10-2009, 23:21
Yh thats a good idea ill try that has I have lots of spare SM parts from my old army

Same here from my DA army, I'm going to be adding more Nobz to my Ork army soon enough and I'll be making a Waaagh! Banner Nob from that kit and a raid of the bits box..

Grimbad
24-10-2009, 05:40
You can make a nob with Waaagh! Banner with minimum fuss using the plastic kit, some wire, a bosspole, some other bits and pieces (like severed heads, totems, etc). It will save money on buying the expensive Waaagh! BAnner mini in the collectors range. The current plastic Ork range is simply amazing, I can't get enough of it. I've built up 2600 points of Orks over the last few weeks and still adding more. I really must start painting them, heh.

Not to mention the possibility of doing it the good old fashioned way, with some brass rod, paper, and glue. Chop the power tool off of a big choppa, drill a hole in, insert brass rod. Put a space marine helmet on the other end of the rod. Paint the nob. Glue some paper onto the pole in a banner-like way, paint it in a cool design. I love the new Nobz kit. Cool conversion opportunities everywhere.