PDA

View Full Version : 3rd edition tiles already delaminating?

Pochtecatl
23-10-2009, 03:08
I've had my space hulk game for a week now. After -very- carefully removing all models and tiles I finally set up a game; game goes great. When I go to put everything away I notice one of my longer hallways is starting to peel apart! :(

The very bottom (laminated) layer is peeling off of the rest. Now I'm positive I didn't rough-handle my pieces. For being limited-edition and for how much the game costs this is unacceptable!

Anyone else have this problem? So far I've only found it on one piece but I'm pretty weary that it will begin to appear more often. Any tips on keeping them together or repairing them? I'm going to try diluted wood glue but am open to ideas.

wilsongrahams
23-10-2009, 07:41
I have only had this start when removing the tiles, and it was a case of cutting the more strongly attached pieces with a scalpel rather than continuing to push. Since then there have been no issues, but for repairing, wood glue is best but try not to dilute it as the water will wrinkle the card. Use a small brush and some patience to work in the pure glue as it is. Spray varnish will help seal the whole outside if you want to try this too, but check is on spare card for wrinkling first and don't apply thick as it will wet it too much however good the spray is. A few thin dustings should suffice.

spaint2k
23-10-2009, 09:36
Mine are starting to peel. I think it's the humidity over here.

Pochtecatl
25-10-2009, 05:26
A little update:

I have a hallway tile with "Titebond II" Premium wood glue being compressed by 9 large textbooks on my desk as I'm typing this. Tomorrow I shall have an update on whether or not this has successfully re-joined my piece.

grissom2006
25-10-2009, 10:31
It should work fine.

Pochtecatl
25-10-2009, 20:46
It should work fine.

Yeah I worked perfect. I just cut away any excess glue that I missed and the piece is solid.