PDA

View Full Version : Chaos rhino kit

primarch16
23-10-2009, 12:49
Just a quick question, is the chaos rhino kit the same as the sm rhino kit except it comes with a spiky bits sprue?

Agnar the Howler
23-10-2009, 12:50
I think so, yes, just like the vindicator and land raider etc.

primarch16
23-10-2009, 13:10
Hmm why would anyone buy the rhino kit though? You could just buy the chaos rhino kit and get a free sprue

Karhedron
23-10-2009, 13:13
I think the imperial kits come with a non-spiky accessory sprue so if you want to give your vehicles imperial upgrades like storm bolters and HK missiles it makes a better choice. I don't think these are supplied with the chaos version.

The Orange
23-10-2009, 13:17
Yup the difference is a SM accessory sprue vs. a Chaos accessory sprue. So no freebies from GW sorry :).

Morganstern
23-10-2009, 13:28
The Chaos rhino comes with a chaos accessory sprue and a spikey bits sprue.

primarch16
23-10-2009, 13:52
Ok cheers guys

Agnar the Howler
23-10-2009, 13:59
I think the imperial kits come with a non-spiky accessory sprue so if you want to give your vehicles imperial upgrades like storm bolters and HK missiles it makes a better choice. I don't think these are supplied with the chaos version.

This depends on which army you have. For chaos, buying the imperial one for the HK missile and storm bolter is a wasted investment, since chaos armies can't utilise those options outside of friendly games where both players have agreed, and possibly apoc. Likewise, you can't utilise the TL bolter and havoc launcher found on the chaos sprues in an imperial army.

daemonkin
23-10-2009, 14:47
The good thing is buy a SM razorback and if built right or with magnets you can use for either rhino/rzorback or base for predator.

Same for chaos vehicles. A little thought and your vehicles can be pimped out whichever way takes your fancy.

D.

AndrewGPaul
23-10-2009, 15:22
Agnar, the storm bolter and hunter-killer would make perfectly good proxies for the combi-bolter and havoc launcher (and vice versa). I'd certainly consider using Imperial vehicles in Red Corsairs armies (or similar renegade forces).

Y'inglye
23-10-2009, 17:01
It's better to buy a "loyal" version of the armour even for a Chaos player simply because you can buy the Chaos vehicle upgrade sprues (Chaos tank accessories sprue or Chaos vehicle accessories sprue) separately of the GW website. You can't buy the "loyal" SM upgrade sprue separately.

JHZ
23-10-2009, 17:22
It's better to buy a "loyal" version of the armour even for a Chaos player simply because you can buy the Chaos vehicle upgrade sprues (Chaos tank accessories sprue or Chaos vehicle accessories sprue) separately of the GW website. You can't buy the "loyal" SM upgrade sprue separately.
But on the other hand, anyone with any SM tanks, is bound to have spare hatches, storm bolters and/or HKs, so you can trade them. Or just get some from bits stores for way less than what GW makes you pay or the Chaos Sprue.

susu.exp
23-10-2009, 20:24
These bits are actually rare on bits sites. The Rhino hull sprues are offered at really good bargains for that reason.

JHZ
23-10-2009, 21:21
These bits are actually rare on bits sites. The Rhino hull sprues are offered at really good bargains for that reason.
You still got SM players. For every SM tank, you get 2 hatches, a HK and SM. You only need one hatch per tank, so that's 1 extra hatch per tank, and there's always plenty of HKs to go around, not to forget that apart from the Rhino and Vindicator, you are not forced to put a single storm bolter down, and people rarely do put them on Whirlwinds, Land Raiders, etc.

susu.exp
23-10-2009, 21:39
In my experience most SM players donīt have lots of hatches around. Or "top hole closing bits" in general. Having had a shortage before (thatīs where the aforementioned experience comes from - Iīm now holding a few in reserve) you wonīt get mine *g*.
These hatches are great for conversions and you need extras if you invest in additional pintle mounted weapons. Not the worst thing to do IMHO - one ablative weapon destroyed result and one more defensive weapon.

JHZ
23-10-2009, 21:58
I had enough left over to give all my IG tanks SM hatches. And I still got a few left unused.