PDA

View Full Version : Conflict Bristol is Go

Col.Gravis
21-01-2006, 12:48
I know there are a few people here that attended Conflict Bristol in the past so I thought I'd pop this here.

Okay, so not actually "Conflict" however the stores in the local region are arranging a Tournament event in Bristol at the ususal location this year, it will be *just* a tournament and is being planned on the old line of a single (note not doubles) format.

Insane Psychopath
21-01-2006, 16:05
Col.Gravis I know there are a few people here that attended Conflict Bristol in the past so I thought I'd pop this here.

Okay, so not actually "Conflict" however the stores in the local region are arranging a Tournament event in Bristol at the ususal location this year, it will be *just* a tournament and is being planned on the old line of a single (note not doubles) format.

Any dates, times??? I not going becaise I live in Scotland... but it for a friend that live near by.

Also.... luck b****ers getting a none double tournament. Just I am p*** off with the new conflict double line up. With Scotland it double & not for myself since I no longer go school, but GW place the Scottish Conflict bang in the middle of the Exam times. I rememeber 2002 when I had Exam the day after, it was hell & right after game 3 it was stright to home to study :rolleyes:

Any way good luck

IP

Lieutenant L
21-01-2006, 17:50
Hi

Im from bristol - i was at Conflict last year and 2003 -
I dont often go into store - so dont know details

Is it possible you could give them to me ?

Thanks,
L

(p.s. the location is Temple Meads i think )

mortus
21-01-2006, 18:02
Happy Days

MacVurrich
21-01-2006, 18:09
but GW place the Scottish Conflict bang in the middle of the Exam times.
IP

It's also on at the same time as the Dark Stars Campain Weekend

Col.Gravis
21-01-2006, 22:40
Yep, at the station, dates and prices should be confirmed by end of February. They've been told by GW they *must* make a profit on it however, with an estimate of 3000 to run it - costs 2000 to hire the venue apparently, and it was mentioned they'd be looking at about 150 players - so I guess that would mean 20 per ticket, but nothings set in stone.

I'll add more as soon as I know.

Mouldsta
21-01-2006, 23:56
Hmmmm well i've not heard anything about it even though i'm a regular at the central bristol store. Any idea what game(s) it's for? if it's 40k that'd explain why i don't know about it :D

Col.Gravis
22-01-2006, 21:25
Well what I've been told is by the Exeter store manager, and it sounds like its mostly him and the Regional Head arranging things, but dont quote me on that ;)

I'm assuming it'll be 40k & WFB, judging on the size of last years LoTRs element Im not sure if that'll be there or not, a small retail stand was mentioned, but nothing else.

Lavfluris
25-01-2006, 20:16
I'll be going again if money allows, though this time I'll want to get there on the Saturday evening and sleep over somewhere. I'm still not happy about the 6am train from Portsmouth to Bristol being discontinued three weeks before the last Conflict!

mortus
29-01-2006, 17:30
Spoke to one of the Black shirts and was given this Tit bit!

The reason we're not having a Conflict at Bristol this year was that when the meeting was held to decide the venues etc... The regional manager from down here wasn't present:wtf:

It beggars belief, that they'd cut us out down south, but it does sound about right.

Grav do you know the points limits etc for this event?

Cheers

Imbroglio
30-01-2006, 12:12
Sounds interesting, next time I'm home I'll have to go up to the store and find out... I went last year and had a blast, even if I didn't do all that well. Me and a friend were thinking about going to the event in London, but if its doubles it doesn't really appeal, so a proper tournament in Bristol would be great, exams permitting of course.

The Commonwealth Museum hall was a great venue last year, hoping conrete plans turn up soon!

-- Imbroglio

Col.Gravis
30-01-2006, 13:13
Right, definately the same basic rules as Conflict last year, so thats singles not doubles, 1k points 40k plus whatever the restrictions were for WFB & LoTR (which they are planning it seems), indeed its the same venue. The date set is the 11th of June, which is a Sunday tickets wont be on sale for upto a couple of months though, still no precise word on price likely to be around the 20 mark I *think* he said.

Coaches are being organised from South West Stores as normal for Conflict in previous years.

Imbroglio
30-01-2006, 16:47
Right, definately the same basic rules as Conflict last year, so thats singles not doubles, 1k points 40k plus whatever the restrictions were for WFB & LoTR (which they are planning it seems), indeed its the same venue. The date set is the 11th of June, which is a Sunday tickets wont be on sale for upto a couple of months though, still no precise word on price likely to be around the 20 mark I *think* he said.

Coaches are being organised from South West Stores as normal for Conflict in previous years.

Cool, that's all good news. 11th June should be after exams... I believe it was the 10th last year, and it was fine then. Just need to decide if I can afford to make a Deathwing force, or if it'll just be a general battle force again.

*goes away to muse*

-- Imbroglio

mortus
30-01-2006, 17:52
You gotta take Deathwing, then they'll be three of us if Lavfluris takes his. Who needs a 3+ armour save when a 2+ will do nicely:)

Lieutenant L
30-01-2006, 20:11
it was 5 th last year i think - as i was sitting 2 exams the day after and ended up painting an army until 4 am instead of revising

so im painting up my army gradually - im very excited as they are coming out really very nice - im very pleased so far - and i havent painted since GD entry either

Well good luck all

Iron within , Iron without ( hints )

note to above - vindicators are nice hehe

thanks,
L

Imbroglio
30-01-2006, 23:04
You gotta take Deathwing, then they'll be three of us if Lavfluris takes his. Who needs a 3+ armour save when a 2+ will do nicely:)

I'd love too truly, but I'd need to buy, paint and convert at the least a command squad and dreadnought, probably two. As is, my Deathwing force consists of one finished squad of storm bolter termies with an assualt cannon, one undercoated Assault Terminator Squad and a half painted Land Raider Crusader. As is, they're little more than additions to my battleforce (which does, granted, include a Dreadnought, but it is green). I think there are some pictures of the finished squad in the painting section somewhere.

I won't know if I can afford it until the Easter break, because that's when the student loan looks like it'll last till the summer or not - and then there are exams to be dealt with, so painting and playing time is sorely limited.

Still, we'll see. I'd like to, but in reality it'll probably be a battle force.

-- Imbroglio

Imbroglio
06-03-2006, 21:18
Popped into my local yesterday, and the event is on, tickets are on sale, for anyone who hasn't had time to check it out yet.

Date: 11th June
Venue: Commonwealth Museum, Temple Meads
Price: 25 (visit pass 5)
100 Tickets 1000pt W40K
60 Tickets 1500pt WFB
25 Tickets xxxpts LOTR

-- Imbroglio

Lavfluris
06-03-2006, 23:31
I won't be able to attend as I go on holiday the day after. As much as I want to abuse the plastic, I can't justify it. :(