PDA

View Full Version : Most out of place part in a kit?

Brimweave
28-11-2009, 23:11
I was just putting together my box set of Dwarf Warriors with shields and single handed weapon. Trying to conserve my one handed hammers for my hammerers conversion this left me with 3 single handed axes and one of them is just annoying.

The arm its attached to is stretched out making it look out of place on most models as its either fully outstretched to the front of the model meaning they can only be at the front rank of a unit or held up in the air in a unnatural position.

I was wondering if anyone else during their army building have found a piece in a kit that when attached to the model seems unnatural or just looks stupid?

Red Metal
28-11-2009, 23:31
The Dwarf Warrior kit is really bad in many places. The arms are mostly stuck in that above the head pose, that does look unnatural. Plus, the Standards are weak. Really a step down from their previous Dwarf Warrior plastic kit.

As for Hammerer, I recommend using the great weapon arms, as they looks more like the Hammerers great-hammers anyway. This should give you more pieces to work with, as well - since you can cut off the tops of the one-handed hammers and swap them with the blades of the two-handed weapons.

Avian
28-11-2009, 23:51
It is nearly impossible to attach the shields on the Black Orc kit in a way that looks even remotely normal.

I ended up gluing them on more like spiked gauntlets with the bottom part facing forward (they are spiked, so I guess you could stab people with them) because there was no way of getting them to rank up any other way. I thought about gluing them onto the models' backs, but there was no sensible place to attach them that looked good and it would also be practically impossible for the orc to retrieve it.

Zarroc
29-11-2009, 00:01
Well i am going to stay, in the old clan rats kit, there was a night goblin/orc bad moon totem top, i know skaven fight then lots in the story, but still, its kinda out of place

spiderhaiku
29-11-2009, 00:02
Also a funny orc piece - in the orc boyz regiment there are a pair of legs for a sitting orc (as if mounted on something), but there is nothing for any of the orcs to sit on???

Good I guess if you were converting an orc boar boyz unit from them, but that would require at least 5 regiment boxes, so not so good!

Avian
29-11-2009, 00:11
You can trade with other people. I've made 10 plastic Boar Boyz and 2 plastic Black Orc characters on boars using those legs. I think they're great.

w3rm
29-11-2009, 00:24
Well i am going to stay, in the old clan rats kit, there was a night goblin/orc bad moon totem top, i know skaven fight then lots in the story, but still, its kinda out of place

Actually that was part of the Skaven/Undead/Goblins command set. 3 boxes one command set.