PDA

View Full Version : Carry Cases

SurgeMaster
18-05-2005, 11:28
Hi I have a rather large chaos force including a chaos titan and a hell talon

one problem with this is being able to carry it about

does anyone know of any quality carry cases available in the uk which would be able to carry a titan???

TomKamakazi
18-05-2005, 12:06
I think you're going to have to get a block of foam rubber and carve your own carry case for a titan... it's not exactly a common need

rogal_dorn
18-05-2005, 13:37
You could try the Charon Battlepack or an Intersponge case, or alternatively,build a wooden box with a door, lid the inside and custom fit it so it can stand up in the box (much like a microscope case).

self biased
18-05-2005, 14:41
linkage (http://www.trollandtoad.com/products/search.php?search_category=1285&PHPSESSID=88a3d625f8535f3c417efdbe661c5151&searchmode=basic&search_words=army+transoprt&Image1_x=0&Image1_y=0)

an army transport case. one of the best in my opinion.

x-esiv-4c
18-05-2005, 18:50
I use "Army transport". It's a very good product. Loads of compartments to put dice and books too.

boogle
18-05-2005, 19:31
Intersponge seem to be the only ones that are getting imported into the UK at the minute

athamas
18-05-2005, 21:09
chell games does stock cases, however they are currenlty having shipping/stock problems IIRC, which is a shame,

if you are so inclined build one!!

its not that difficult to construct a flight case, esp. if you are looking for a technology prodject! [true story!]

Sojourner
18-05-2005, 21:33
A titan might be at risk from it's own inertia if you're transporting it. I'd suggest dismantling it for transport if possible - I don't know how it's constructed so I don't know whether this is possible.

SurgeMaster
18-05-2005, 21:55
Can't really dismantle it, its all ball joints that need to be pinned and heavily glued.

I am thinking of getting a delux battle pack from charon products.
http://www.battlepack2001.com/
But thats based in canada and im in the uk.

Has anyone used this company before, is it reliable for over seas shipping???

Lion El Jason
18-05-2005, 23:28
The only person I know who has a chaos titan has built it to dismantle at the waist...

rogal_dorn
19-05-2005, 03:14
Just a quick mock-up here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/rogal_dorn/case.gif

You can build this out of MDF or Plywood with some screws, and the blue stuff inside is foam carved out to hold the titan. Cost at most, 10 pounds.

The Dragon Reborn
22-05-2005, 18:05
i found an old ammo case at the army surplus store then craved some styrofoam out to mach my guys good luck

night_haunter
22-05-2005, 20:23
sounds like pretty good idea

Thunderbolt Pilot
25-05-2005, 03:23
You have some expensive toys. I would not skimp on packaging. Click on the image to take a look at....

http://www.pix05.com/f/case_express8668.gif (http://www.caseexpress.com/index.htm)

bladestalker
29-05-2005, 18:47
chell games does stock cases, however they are currenlty having shipping/stock problems IIRC, which is a shame,

[true story!]

In regards to Chelgames and Charon. here is our official position.

It has become increasingly evident that Chelgames no longer represents
the business or ethical stance that Charon Productions believe in.
While we have seen the need to make an official announcement to this
effect until today, Chelgames and Malcolm Lane have not represented
Charon Productions interests since December 2004. It has recently
become evident that Chelgame may still be representing themselves as
our representative in the UK. This is not accurate in any respect and
I would request that any company or individual who may have been
approached in this regard contact us immediately.

Andy Lucas
Charon Productions

bladestalker
29-05-2005, 18:50
Can't really dismantle it, its all ball joints that need to be pinned and heavily glued.

I am thinking of getting a delux battle pack from charon products.
http://www.battlepack2001.com/
But thats based in canada and im in the uk.

Has anyone used this company before, is it reliable for over seas shipping???

We've shipped plenty of product overseas. It can be a little pricy averaging your cost to about the same as the equivilant UK product. :) You can contact me directly for a shipping quote if you like.

We've also made cases for Games Workshop.

andy

Glabro
29-05-2005, 23:07
What about that new, pricy, but real good-looking Canvas case GW is coming up with for limited numbers?

bladestalker
30-05-2005, 02:46
What about that new, pricy, but real good-looking Canvas case GW is coming up with for limited numbers?

I'm not sure if these are the Skimrishpacks with the emboidered eagle we've done for them or a new product. we did supply the orc, empire, dwarf and chaos logoed cases though.

boogle
30-05-2005, 06:41
In regards to Chelgames and Charon. here is our official position.

It has become increasingly evident that Chelgames no longer represents
the business or ethical stance that Charon Productions believe in.
While we have seen the need to make an official announcement to this
effect until today, Chelgames and Malcolm Lane have not represented
Charon Productions interests since December 2004. It has recently
become evident that Chelgame may still be representing themselves as
our representative in the UK. This is not accurate in any respect and
I would request that any company or individual who may have been
approached in this regard contact us immediately.

Andy Lucas
Charon Productions

so do you have any representatives in the UK?

bladestalker
30-05-2005, 21:49
not at the moment. though there may be individual locations that have our products in stock and of course GW has some.

boogle
30-05-2005, 23:25
sadly Gw are most likely selling them at an overinflated price, BTW what happend between you and Chelgames?

bladestalker
31-05-2005, 02:32
well I'm not really sure at this juncture. but suffice it to say CHelgames has been shopping around under teh guise of reprecenting us while letting his personal acconts lapse and actively discouraging anyone who competes with him selling our products. not a position we espouse by any means.

boogle
31-05-2005, 19:47
what are your prices for cross ocean sales?

bladestalker
31-05-2005, 23:17
costs about $65.00 CAD to ship a delux Skimirshpack to the UK from Canada.

boogle
01-06-2005, 01:32
is that on top of the price of the case or all inclusive?

bladestalker
01-06-2005, 23:11
unfortunately on top of the case cost.
that said we are getting ride of a special order overstock on some delux skirmishpacks for $70.00. they are identical to the GW and our version save for the logo and come filled with any foam you want. Remeber our prices are Canadian prices not USA prices.

andy

Glabro
02-06-2005, 22:52
Ah, I see....thatīs very helpful, thanks. Unfortunately as an European the shipping cost in addition to the customs charges prohibits us from ordering straight from you, even with the special overstock price....but your site is very helpful in evaluating what the canvas eagle case is like.

Case (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99239999032&orignav=9)

bladestalker
02-06-2005, 23:14
yeah. we can ship our standard cases compressed , scoupack, skirmishpack, battlepack and that makes them cheaper to send.