PDA

View Full Version : in search of mad cap mushrooms

Boss Zagstruk
01-12-2009, 10:57
I want to add more character to my night goblin army. Im hoping to model my giant as a fugus mutated giant and attach a load of mushrooms to his shoulders and maybe add some spikes to his spine/back to represent him and a link/transformation to a giant squigs/beast. This model from cool minis also gave me some inspiration http://coolminiornot.com/129338 i really like the giant mushroom.

Anyone know were i can get larger models of mushrooms? maybe the size of a night goblin for instance. Ill use them as unit fillers, stands for my mages and growths for my giant :s btw my greenstuff ability is lacking so i dont fancy making them myself.

zelfen
01-12-2009, 19:20
There's a lot of mushrooms in the fanatic set. The Snotling on the Skarsnik model comes with one. If you get BFSP the shaman comes with one. I'm not sure if there are any other mushrooms, but if you stick the few from the fanatic set on the giant he should look weird and mushroomy. The mushrooms aren't quite as big as night goblins, but the two big ones are close.

Onisuzume
02-12-2009, 10:55
Try a hooby crafts store.
Although a number of other stores tend to sell mushroom-thingies around autumn.

Rikkjourd
02-12-2009, 11:37
I know you said you aren't good with green stuff, but I think you should reconsider. Mushrooms are really easy to sculpt!

I'm no pro sculptor but I did a ton of mushrooms of various sizes for my goblins. It was very simple, and didn't take much time.

To make small mushrooms all you need is a small rod for the stem, and then slap on a sheet of greenstuff over the top. Just make sure to not leave fingerprints on it. Leave it to cure. Done! If you want that stripey goo under the "hat", just add a blob of greenstuff underneath the hat once it has cured, and use a sculpting tool/needle/other pointy thing to make stripes. Done!

lopezpie
02-12-2009, 16:19
try hobby lobby i went there yesterday and they had tons of mushrooms in the model trains section