PDA

View Full Version : Well, they found some more SH boxes...

Darnok
04-12-2009, 17:43
Remember when GW was all about "buy SH now, if it is sold out it is sold out - forever and ever!", remember that hype? Remember the naysayers that mentioned the chance of some more boxes being "found" right before christmas?

Well, they were right: Space Hulk is available again (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=6600015a). Read the second paragraph, and be happy if you live in the U.S. or Canada.

I hope this is suitable "40K news". Please, find another place for your (expected) nerdrage, this thread is not the right one...

AngelofSorrow
04-12-2009, 17:45
It's because they are taking back all the boxes from stores that did not sell out
they did not suddenly find more

Jedi152
04-12-2009, 17:53
If anyone wants a copy, i'd suggest they get it ASAP.

The wannabe scalpers are going to be out in force, buying this and putting it straight on eBay for 100.

rabblerouser
04-12-2009, 17:55
My store had 3 copies in this morning.

mel_danes
04-12-2009, 17:57
If anyone wants a copy, i'd suggest they get it ASAP.

The wannabe scalpers are going to be out in force, buying this and putting it straight on eBay for 100.

QFT. I just called my friend to get one, these things are going to fly.

BigBadBull
04-12-2009, 19:09
Many of the FLGS around here still have them and so do some board game only stores...

Never been an issue so far to get one at or below sticker cost.

nigsylbd
04-12-2009, 19:15
I just picked one up today at Toytown in Dumfries they had 3 left

GraemePaul
04-12-2009, 21:32
Oh gee wiz, anyone else not see this coming?

snottlebocket
04-12-2009, 21:34
Our store still has a stack.

nathonicus
04-12-2009, 23:37
Still in stock at the friendly local.

How do you "Uncover" merchandise in a warehouse, when said merchandise was a big ticket item this year? Let me tell ya, accountants do NOT let you get away with "misplacing" large piles of expensive inventory.

Oh GW, how cynical you've become....

HsojVvad
05-12-2009, 00:47
Still in stock at the friendly local.

How do you "Uncover" merchandise in a warehouse, when said merchandise was a big ticket item this year? Let me tell ya, accountants do NOT let you get away with "misplacing" large piles of expensive inventory.

Oh GW, how cynical you've become....

Well considering their new web site is just one giant advertisment, do you expect anything diffent?

But it is good news for people who still want it, and not buy it on ebay.

blkdymnd
05-12-2009, 01:21
yep, our LGS still has a stack as well. Wasn't quite the sales juggernaut everyone toted it up to be.

I think some were like me. It was cool to play again, but just kinda felt "dated". Not a game I'd play over and over.

Lord Malorne
05-12-2009, 01:25
Our store sold out in a few weeks.

Lord Malornemnd

Jedi152
05-12-2009, 01:35
yep, our LGS still has a stack as well. Wasn't quite the sales juggernaut everyone toted it up to be.

I think some were like me. It was cool to play again, but just kinda felt "dated". Not a game I'd play over and over.

I know what you mean. If it weren't for the gorgeous models i doubt i'd have bothered.

Mannimarco
05-12-2009, 01:40
yeah my 2 locals sold out real fast, I gotta say im not surprised there was more found, it is a valid (if somwhat cheesy) sales tactic:

these are super limited! once theyre gone theyre gone so you better buy them fast........xmas coming up and we just found some more but we really mean it this time when we say once theyre gone theyre gon so buy now!

Suspicions
05-12-2009, 02:52
It's because they are taking back all the boxes from stores that did not sell out
they did not suddenly find more

This.

Official word is that those shops that still have appreciable levels of SH are being issued call-tags to ship them back to Memphis. I know a few shops that have 3 or less, and they are -not- getting issued call tags.

In a way, GW paid to send those heavy boxes out to their shops, and are now paying to send them back to the warehouse for redistribution via web-site. Makes sense for the holidays really.

And yes...scalpers for the holidays. Black Friday, the asking price on SH jumped incredibly on E-Bay. Watch out and buy while you can.

UrielSynthesis
05-12-2009, 03:21
Space hulk is available to order on GWs website.

That's why I don't understand all this nonsense.

Suspicions
05-12-2009, 03:27
I suppose that once people hear that "GW's sold out" they don't bother checking back... some of my best friends (husband-wife pair, go figure) do nearly -all- their holiday shopping via e-bay simply based on the assumption that what they want won't be available anywhere else.

Then again, they also sell and trade extensively online so maybe it's just their thing. I wouldn't doubt that there are others who do the exact same thing though. Not to mention those, hopefully, few people who feel that, "if it doesn't cost a lot, it's not worth it." or "$99, it must be a scam to be so cheap"...

Coggy
05-12-2009, 03:34
yes cheesy but
makes sense about reclaiming selling product.
you'd be surprised how much product that i had been told was disco'd but a month or so later the company in question redistributes/reallocates some and i can stock again if i order now.
it happens oh well maybe theyll still have some when i have money

UrielSynthesis
05-12-2009, 03:35
This thread just prompted me to order Space hulk from GW a few minutes ago. I don't know if I'll like this game but I'll have some b.a. BA's!

$99, currently in stock.

Spectral Dragon
05-12-2009, 04:30
I hate to be the anti-rage of the thread, but seriously, some stores simply did not sell out, and those are the copies they are selling now, not some random stack they found in a warehouse.

Voss
05-12-2009, 06:10
Yeah, I'm not seeing the rage here. If they tried to hide a manufacturing deal to create a never ending stock of 'almost-sold' out copies each holiday season, that'd be one thing. But since I've seen multiple copies still in stores, I'm quite comfortable with the idea that there are copies that legitimately didn't sell.

Hell, I can get up tomorrow morning and go pick up a copy for 15% off.

Znail
06-12-2009, 06:10
One reason that its still availible is because they sent too many copies to the states as that is where there are still left. UK online store ran out far earlier then it US did and I bet that this surplus would have been gone already if they had not sent too many over the pond.

Arbas
06-12-2009, 09:39
They twittered that they'd found some in a warehouse in the US a few days ago .... don't see the problem really as long as they haven't produced another run thus breaking the ltd edition aspect ....

For reference :-

Uncovered a tiny quantity of Space Hulk boxes in our US warehouse. One last chance to buy it from our US/Canadian store: http://j.mp/6gNFT8 5:36 PM Dec 4th from Adeptus Astra Telepathica

ctsteel
11-12-2009, 23:07
Some additional info from the GW blog 9th Dec:

On another note, we've had a lot of emails from people in Europe asking if we have any copies of Space Hulk left for sale in Europe. Unfortunately we don't, and the few that we have in the US are selling fast. But we've spoken nicely to the Customer Service guys in the US and you can now order a copy of Space Hulk direct from the US site. Simply sign into the US site and change your country (using the selector at the bottom-right of this screen), and add a copy of Space Hulk to your cart. Standard shipping is $30 (around 18/€20), or you can guarantee it in time for Christmas with express shipping for $50 (around 31/€34).