PDA

View Full Version : Storage? (not battlefoam)

Pochtecatl
15-12-2009, 03:40
As much as I like the idea of the popular space corridor battle foam trays, I want a case which is easy to carry. Plus I don't' want the box to get damaged.. what? it's collectors!

Anyone have a good solution? I'm thinking a standard GW case could workout perfect, or an army-transport.

Narius Phinshredder
15-12-2009, 14:25
Check out KR multicase, I keep all my armies in them, a basic card case with pick n pluck section, a standard tray and small tray will fit in all the figures with room over!

dangermouse425
15-12-2009, 14:32
I will add a +1 for KR multicases (www.kaiserrushforth.com)

Affordable, good quality (the cardboard is really sturdy) and the bloke who runs the place is a cracking guy who provides excellent customer service.

I ordered some on Friday afternoon and they were waiting for me when I got home from work on Monday. Can't go wrong there.

I've got 4! :D

chaos0xomega
15-12-2009, 16:33
Question on the KR multicase: are the pick and pluck foams the same as the sabol army transport pick and pluck foam? Looking at pictures of the KR Multicase, it seems like the "pick and pluck" isn't so much pick as it is pluck: I.E. you basically just pluck out pre-cut compartments, rather than actually being able to custom fit it to your minis.

dangermouse425
15-12-2009, 16:50
I don't have any experience with Sabol cases, but the pick and pluck from KR is split into compartments that you can pluck out, but you can pluck them to form whatever compartment shape you like. Does that make sense?

The site has a really useful "What Fits" page which is very accurate. You could always drop the guy an email. I spoke to him on Friday and he says often people drop him an email saying "I have x, y and z models, what do I need to fit them?".

If you go here (http://www.krmulticase.co.uk/gallery.html) the KR site has a load of examples of what the PnP trays look like (scroll to bottom to see best examples of Land Raider and Rhino sized plucks.

chaos0xomega
15-12-2009, 16:58
well, the sabol pnp foam trays are composed of 1/2" x 1/2" cubes/squares that you pull out, allowing you to custom fit any mini, no matter how complex the shape is. Whereas (and even looking at the pictures) it seems the pnp consists of 1/2"x1/2" or 1"x1" cubes instead, which is nowhere near as good.

dangermouse425
15-12-2009, 17:56
I see what you mean. Then, yes the Sabol PnP is more customisable, but I guess that's reflected in the price.
I myself use the KR for infantry and cavalry storage, and they are perfect for that. I guess if you're looking for something uber-customisable, then they might not be as perfect.

I use KR for inf and cav, and a couple of homemade foam inserts into some B&Q (UK diy shop) alluminium cases. I can PM you a couple of pics if you want to see examples of both.

chaos0xomega
15-12-2009, 19:38
I dunno, I'd like to use KR for my infantry, but I have this bad tendency to give my mini's "dynamic" poses and heavily convert them, etc. so I'm not sure if they would even fit properly...

dangermouse425
15-12-2009, 19:41
I know what you mean, as do I. The foam is soft enough that if you have a spear, banner top or even half the model, protuding over the partition between each space, the foam compresses gently when you put the next tray on top/close the lid so it stays in position and is pretty well compressed.

Best thing to do, if in doubt, is drop the KR guy an email. :)