PDA

View Full Version : 2010 models

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Stickmonkey
30-12-2009, 18:45
Yesterday I got to look at some of the new WIP items for 2010 and beyond. A lot of it is already out there, (Ork Dreads). Some of it has been seen. I got permission to mention some of the items, but not a lot of specifics or specific release details.

* New GK Terminators 3ups (5 poses, 1 HQ/leader)
* New Daemonhunter/Witchhunter concept art
* New DH/WH vehicles/support
* New Ork dreads
* New Marine models for a specific chapter
* New SM concept art
* New DE models (these are sweet, and I'm not a DE lover)
* New DE concept art
* New Guard tanks/artillery
* New Necron MC sized model
* New Necron concept art
* New Ork vehicles
* New 40k concept art and 3ups tied to a future Codex release
* A lot of the Missions book tie in releases

Obviously a lot of this just strengthens rumors that are already out there. And some of it looks very rough, as in 3ups with lots of notes for changes.

I'm struggling to hold back and just dump specifics. There is one model in particular I want to talk about, but am unable, but you all will find that out soon anyhow, it's part of the Missions release, so news will spill out in due course.

Murdoch
30-12-2009, 18:50
Feel free to use this as your confessional.

Anything to do with ordo-x is always thanked

Hokiecow
You have to spill the details on the Dark Eldar models... HAVE TOOOOO!

kokujin_atsuhara
* New DE concept art

Thanks!!

These are great news!!!

rikard
30-12-2009, 18:53
Care to elaborate on any of the necron concept work or minis? I'd love to hear of any changes they go through.

Spectral Dragon
30-12-2009, 19:06
What does MC mean?

gothgar
30-12-2009, 19:10
^ monstrous creature

OMFG if necrons get a huge robot monstrous creature......

ard boy stu
30-12-2009, 19:11
What does MC mean?

Thats what I want to know :confused:

Spectral Dragon
30-12-2009, 19:12
^ monstrous creature

Thanks, though they have a MC allready any new model is welcome.

The Custodian
30-12-2009, 19:16
Ooooooo most delicious :D

Finally the lesser dexes are getting some love... I may have to jump on the DE bandwaggon if the models are really 'all that' :P

Marshal2Crusaders
30-12-2009, 19:16
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. You shouldve just told us exactly what you saw rather than be coy about it. This whole 'you dont get to know about the cool stuff' is getting old.

Stickmonkey
30-12-2009, 19:18
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. You shouldve just told us exactly what you saw rather than be coy about it. This whole 'you dont get to know about the cool stuff' is getting old.

I like my job.

Spectral Dragon
30-12-2009, 19:20

This is not correct, anyone who is caught leaking said rumors are fired on the spot, no questions asked.

gothgar
30-12-2009, 19:23
Thanks, though they have a MC allready any new model is welcome.

tomb spider is stupid and doesnt count...

I hope it is some huge stompy nasty monstrous necron with like 8 toughness

Spectral Dragon
30-12-2009, 19:26
tomb spider is stupid and doesnt count...

I hope it is some huge stompy nasty monstrous necron with like 8 toughness

Tomb Spiders are actually quite usefull as well as being excellent looking models.

I am hoping it is a big weapons platform myself.

Scelerat
30-12-2009, 19:27
Thanks a lot! It's a nice refreshing change from the last couple of releases to have someone "from the inside" being kind enough (or allowed) to spare some rumours.
Keep it up and thanks again.

[/being über-nice to try and get more news about DE :D]

Grimbad
I would have thought the Grey Knight terminators to be some of the few models GW wouldn't remake in the new revision. They are, after all, amazing already, possibly the best current 40k models. I take it the second-lowest point on the list is for a brand-new army's codex?

MrSatan
This is just cruel...so much info yet so little!

Especially the DE part, the OP knew fine well how frustrating his post would be! *shakes fist*

reds8n
30-12-2009, 19:30

I'm struggling to hold back and just dump specifics. There is one model in particular I want to talk about, but am unable, but you all will find that out soon anyhow, it's part of the Missions release, so news will spill out in due course.

Would it be accurate to say "fangs" for telling us that perhaps ? Be careful what you say though, obviously, we wouldn't you to get your wings clipped now would we.

Promethius
30-12-2009, 19:33
Feel free to shoot this down Stickmonkey, but did you see/hear anything about plastic IG stormtroopers during your travels?

The pestilent 1
30-12-2009, 19:39
^ monstrous creature

My money says it has two shoulder mounted energy cannons and is dropped into battle from a new Necron flyer /transport.

Oh wait, that was terminator, sorry.

Messiah
30-12-2009, 19:40
Wow! I wish I was there!

Lord Cook
30-12-2009, 19:45
I am delighted on behalf of all Dark Eldar and Necron players. And it wouldn't hurt to have a few more Imperial Guard tanks either! :p

Bolter Bait
30-12-2009, 19:47
Would it be accurate to say "fangs" for telling us that perhaps ? Be careful what you say though, obviously, we wouldn't you to get your wings clipped now would we.Ugh. I hope/wish this is a subtle reference to a plastic daemon prince and not what I think it is.

I'm thinking "Chiroptera Batson riding his giant bat armed with Batarangs and the ability to telekinetically pull the blood out of foes at range."

MajorWesJanson
30-12-2009, 19:53
* New GK Terminators 3ups (5 poses, 1 HQ/leader)
* New Daemonhunter/Witchhunter concept art
* New DH/WH vehicles/support
* New Ork dreads
* New SM concept art
* New DE concept art
* New Guard tanks/artillery
* New Necron MC sized model
* New Necron concept art
* New Ork vehicles

1. Plastics? A plastic GK Term Character kit would be awesome, like the Chaos one.
2. New Units or Characters, making them more self contained?
3. Hover Rhinos I hope :D Maybe Repressors are getting a Plastic Treatment, along with the exorist
4. Preview for the Ork Dread is already nice.
5. Blood Angels. I'd imagine a Blood Angel kit like the SW Pack, as that worked well for sales both individually and boosted other kits.
6. Romulan appearance/Blood Elf style Dark Eldar would be fun
7. Guard will be getting a new Bassie/Medusa and Chimaera in March, then they need a plain Russ kit (1 sprue) and a second artillery kit to cover the rest of the options. A Hydra/Manticore kit would sell well too.
8. Necron version of the Wraithlord?
9. Buggie and Wartrakk/Skorcha kit?
10. AdMech? They could share some of the other Imperial units.

Stickmonkey
30-12-2009, 19:54
Feel free to shoot this down Stickmonkey, but did you see/hear anything about plastic IG stormtroopers during your travels?

I've seen loads of speculation on IG ST, but nothing in this batch. I've heard rumors of them being part of the Missions releases, but honestly it seems like there are more models than could possibly fit in a release with Missions...

To go back to prior rumors this is what I've heard/know about for the Missions release (and no, i cannot point out specifics I know of, to be safe here):

IG:
new style Chimera w/manticore option
new style LR with original+2 of the remaining variants
new style basilisk +medusa and one other variant
stormtroopers

SM:
new predator
t-hawk
ven dread
characters

Orks:
dread
buggy/trakk
copter
flashgitz upgrade for boyz
grot cannon in plastic w all options

Daemon/CSM:
plastic Greater demon
plastic nurgle warriors
plastic tzeetch flyers
plastic horrors
plastic/metal (conflicting rumors) slaanesh riders
characters
plastic csm upgrade sprues - god specific

Tau:
plastic crisis suit redo

eldar:
serpent/prism repack w plastic prism
plastic avatar redo (possible autarch, could be lost in translation)
plastic hvy/support weapons platform
plastic wraithguard

necrons:
plastic tombspider

So obviously not all this can fit in a march release. some of it is probably no more than fan rabidity/wishlisting. I will say not to expect more than about 6 new boxed sets to come out with the missions book. Possibly a few blisters as well.

Brother Siccarius
30-12-2009, 19:59

Sure, there's plenty of people who're accused of espionage who get out scott free because they said sorry.

That motto doesn't work when it comes to releasing information, just when testing and doing projects within the career field, and even then it doesn't hold water.

Stickmonkey
30-12-2009, 20:02
since i was asked to keep it all in one thread. Much of the discussion yesterday revolved around DH/WH plans. And i mentioned in the other thread it could see light of day around Jan next year if it stays on track. Can't see it happening any earlier, but could happen mid-2011.

Also looks like there will be another Mystery Box style campaign later this year. But I honestly don't know what it will be...I asked about Warhammer Quest, and was told specifically that license is with someone else now. (hopefully FFG) So yall's guess is as good as mine.

MajorWesJanson
30-12-2009, 20:05
To go back to prior rumors this is what I've heard/know about for the Missions release (and no, i cannot point out specifics I know of, to be safe here):

A couple of those options are ones I can trace back to discussions I have been involved in.

So far, Basilisk (with Medusa as a logical addition) and Chimaera are confirmed, as is the Ork Dread.

Daemon Prince is waiting for a release, but could be alongside a Fantasy release as well. Ven Dread is near confirmed. Russ with options for vanquisher and eradicator would only require barrel swaps and a single sprue.

Wave Serpant/Prism, redone Tau Commander and Broadside are all speculation because GW is phasing out hybrid kits.

Tomb Spider I'd expect to be with a new Cron Dex, though it is possible.
Plastic Avatar would be cool but unlikely as it is a Special Character. One sized like the WFB Giant would be sweet looking though.

jspyd3rx
30-12-2009, 20:06
OMFG, all of this actually seems too much. Especially after such long rumor drought.

Sildani
30-12-2009, 20:08
eldar:
plastic avatar redo
plastic hvy weapons platform

I can see an all plastic Prism being made since GW hates hybrid kits lately. I don't know what a Wave Serpent repack could possibly consist of. If the Prism gets bundled in with something, it would make sense for it to go into a Falcon/Fire Prism package, since the current Prism is that anyway.

Plastic Avatar? I call shenanigans on this. Since Eldar players only ever need one, it wouldn't be cost-effective to bother with. A plastic Autarch kit is what's needed and badly!

Plastic SUPPORT weaps platform would be very nice. It would also be as surprising as the plastic heavy weaps platform was. That plus a new Prism kit would make all the Eldar Heavy Support choices plastic, save Dark Reapers. That's probably why I believe this rumor most of all, plus if your Eldar need to fight a "stand-and-hold" mission, you'll be begging for artillery.

EDIT: thanks very much Stickmonkey!

Stickmonkey
30-12-2009, 20:15
I can see an all plastic Prism being made since GW hates hybrid kits lately. I don't know what a Wave Serpent repack could possibly consist of. If the Prism gets bundled in with something, it would make sense for it to go into a Falcon/Fire Prism package, since the current Prism is that anyway.

Plastic Avatar? I call shenanigans on this. Since Eldar players only ever need one, it wouldn't be cost-effective to bother with. A plastic Autarch kit is what's needed and badly!

Plastic SUPPORT weaps platform would be very nice. It would also be as surprising as the plastic heavy weaps platform was. That plus a new Prism kit would make all the Eldar Heavy Support choices plastic, save Dark Reapers. That's probably why I believe this rumor most of all, plus if your Eldar need to fight a "stand-and-hold" mission, you'll be begging for artillery.

EDIT: thanks very much Stickmonkey!

I think Avatar could have been autarch...that rumors old though.

Also there was speculation of plastic wraithguard, so I've added them to the list there...

reds8n
30-12-2009, 20:15
Ugh. I hope/wish this is a subtle reference to a plastic daemon prince and not what I think it is.

I'm thinking "Chiroptera Batson riding his giant bat armed with Batarangs and the ability to telekinetically pull the blood out of foes at range."

Half right, half wrong.

Whilst it was a reference to everyone's favourite marines in red (hides from flamewar about to follow) it was in now way anything at all to do with them riding giant bats.

That said if they do that then I demand the Iron Hands get giant baseball mitt type devices to drive around in.

Scelerat
30-12-2009, 20:17
Plastic Wraithguard is really needed, IMO. They are not bad sculpts, but there are only what, 3 poses? Also they are incredibingly pricey. And I know they don't need to look all dynamic and fast ('cos they aren't) but a little bit more poseable-ness wouldn't be bad.
The Autarch plastic kit will have me drooling. Although I'd rather if they made boxes with small units of Warlocks.

Iverald
30-12-2009, 20:18
Wow, I suffered a rumour overdose! Thanks Stickmonkey!

I would be in heavens if you could drop something more about GK... ;)

Anyone seen the infamous Thunderhawk mentioned?

Stickmonkey
30-12-2009, 20:19
I have heard also that future eldar will have some sort of riding flying beast. I believe it's mentioned in the current codex, but just fluff. I don't think a new eldar codex is any time soon though, so no one get excited.

Scuttlebutt seems to be that GW wants all basic troops for all armies be plastic, which I'm sure no one will be surprised to hear.

SlightlyEstranged
30-12-2009, 20:20
New Tomb Spyder would be cool as the new one looks rather. . . meh. Perhaps a new variant that is actually MC sized? Maybe Carnifex sized. . . /wishlisting

Good to get some quality rumors thank you sir!

75hastings69
30-12-2009, 20:24
Excellent Stickmonkey. Some new ones there on me, so much stuff to look forward to, but I have to ask........ did you see any WFB or just 40k?

Souleater
30-12-2009, 20:26
Can it be true...the first concrete rumours of new Dark Eldar?

/faints

Kendo
30-12-2009, 20:28
I have heard also that future eldar will have some sort of riding flying beast. I believe it's mentioned in the current codex, but just fluff. I don't think a new eldar codex is any time soon though, so no one get excited.

Scuttlebutt seems to be that GW wants all basic troops for all armies be plastic, which I'm sure no one will be surprised to hear.

Sounds like Avatar got GW as excited about pointy earer, tall, elegant humanoids riding flying lizards as the rest of the world. Yes, their exodite knights fit perfectly into that role.

DarkstarSabre
30-12-2009, 20:34
I would have thought the Grey Knight terminators to be some of the few models GW wouldn't remake in the new revision. They are, after all, amazing already, possibly the best current 40k models. I take it the second-lowest point on the list is for a brand-new army's codex?

*Cough* Plastic or perhaps weapon variants they're allowed in the book? (TH/SS anyone?) Just an educated guess here.

Archibald_TK
30-12-2009, 20:35
Tau:
plastic crisis suit redo
A blessing for the future generations of Tau players !

Slashattack
30-12-2009, 20:40
Plastic wraith guard?! You have brightened my day sticky monkey and when you can please divulge what Dark Eldar information you have.

Gargskull
30-12-2009, 20:43
Wow, that's a lot of rumours to suddenly appear all at once. :eek

New Ork stuff seems pretty sound, we've seen the dredd, a cad for the the skorcha and a 3-up of a flash git.
Plastic big gunz seems more of a pipe dream but would make sense, they'd sell plenty for armies alone much less to conversion fanatics so I'm gonna hope that's true.
Another deffkopta though, I've seen rumors but was told by one of the rumor kings around here that it (in their opinion) likely wouldn't be released until AoBR was off the shelves.

Also, you said dredds? Typo or mutiple kits/builds from one kit... :D

If they're awesome enough I could be persuaded to collect another race.

Marshal2Crusaders
30-12-2009, 20:49
Now thats what I was talking about.

Stickmonkey
30-12-2009, 20:49
Wow, that's a lot of rumours to suddenly appear all at once. :eek

New Ork stuff seems pretty sound, we've seen the dredd, a cad for the the skorcha and a 3-up of a flash git.
Plastic big gunz seems more of a pipe dream but would make sense, they'd sell plenty for armies alone much less to conversion fanatics so I'm gonna hope that's true.
Another deffkopta though, I've seen rumors but was told by one of the rumor kings around here that it (in their opinion) likely wouldn't be released until AoBR was off the shelves.

Also, you said dredds? Typo or mutiple kits/builds from one kit... :D

If they're awesome enough I could be persuaded to collect another race.

rumor is that both the dread and killa kans can be built from this kit...one per box though...so might gets 'spensive...

Marshal2Crusaders
30-12-2009, 20:55
I thought Killa kans were considerably smaller? Maybe a single dread or two kans? Now that would be a truely modular set.

Aetios
30-12-2009, 20:58
eldar:
plastic wraithguard

I actually just quietly clapped here at work reading this possibility, mainly the first and the last part.

Any way you can throw us a bone like this over in the Fantasy section??

Thanks Stickmonkey!

Malakai
30-12-2009, 20:59
rumor is that both the dread and killa kans can be built from this kit...one per box though...so might gets 'spensive...

Hmm, I'm not sure about this. Kans are way smaller than the dread.

maraxis
30-12-2009, 21:00
FINALLY DARK ELDAR!!!!

Flying eldar referece could be to some of the older Exodite References from way back in v2???

Gargskull
30-12-2009, 21:04

That would be... a little annoying I have to say but Ork box sets are worth their weight in bitz these days so it wouldn't sting too much. I hope.

Hmm, I'm not sure about this. Kans are way smaller than the dread.

True, but it could be done by way of the small kan body being the foundation for a dredd, which then has more armour and weapons to go on it to make it bigger and more killy etc. Then again, it'd need two sets of feet and you'd have an awful lot of unused parts if you just wanted a kan and weren't partial to conversions.

Pug Life
30-12-2009, 21:14

Just built 6 new suits of "the old design". I just hope they don't switch up all the suit weapons with a 5th edition Tau Empire codex.

d6juggernaut
30-12-2009, 21:16
I was satisfied to moment I saw "Necrons", having another troop choice is my first hope, or plastic immortals, but any new model is great news for Necrons and that's also means a new codex is not so far down the line.

Deff Mekz
30-12-2009, 21:25
:D i'm so glad to here some proper news at last, their have been mutterings of a big release where I live, but most of us just shunned it as wishlisting.

Deus Mechanicus
30-12-2009, 21:35
Fun to see some Tau rumours, im looking forward to their eventuall 5th edition release (even if it'll take years)

RampagingRavener
30-12-2009, 21:39
Yesterday I got to look at some of the new WIP items for 2010 and beyond.

[snip]

* New DE concept art

I'm going to go and quietly freak out in the corner for a moment.

To hell with the rest of it, this is by far the best news here. Some (hopefully) semi-concrete news regarding the Dark Eldar. Mayhaps we've been let down by GW on many occasions before this in regards to them, but maybe this'll actually be it.

Hopefully.

Is there any information at all you can give about the models? Understandably I can't ask you to risk your job, but is there anything suitably vague you can let slip that wouldn't compromise your position?

iFelix
30-12-2009, 21:40
There is one model in particular I want to talk about, but am unable, but you all will find that out soon anyhow, it's part of the Missions release, so news will spill out in due course.

Thunderhawk perhaps?

havik110
30-12-2009, 21:41
since i was asked to keep it all in one thread. Much of the discussion yesterday revolved around DH/WH plans. And i mentioned in the other thread it could see light of day around Jan next year if it stays on track. Can't see it happening any earlier, but could happen mid-2011.

Also looks like there will be another Mystery Box style campaign later this year. But I honestly don't know what it will be...I asked about Warhammer Quest, and was told specifically that license is with someone else now. (hopefully FFG) So yall's guess is as good as mine.

Okay so if the sisters have a chance at january 2011 does that mean DE are on for 2010?

also how does anyone in the company you work for know who who posted...maybe someone else that saw them posted rumors

maybe you need a second login :)

MajorWesJanson
30-12-2009, 22:01
A T-Hawk would fit with SM Missions: Airborne Insertion, Get to the Chopper, and Boarding Action :p

Alltaken
30-12-2009, 22:04
stickymonkey you're a good man! Finally some necron love, god I'm wating for a new codex and would love for new models. Plastic spider is fine, but I'd rather have new things

Tymell
30-12-2009, 22:04

Way to go and bite the hand that feeds you :rolleyes: This guy didn't have to come here and post this info, I'd say "Thanks" would be a much more appropriate response.

And on that note to the OP: Thanks :) A lot of tasty stuff to consider there.

StarFyreXXX
30-12-2009, 22:08
I would love the plastic grey knights to be real but they better have all the fine detail as the metal ones and the cool GK style helmets...

The regular terminators/space marines look quite boring...

Sanjay

Kurai
30-12-2009, 22:09
Anyone who knows what happened to the long time seen Cypher model that is supposed to look fantastic? Will it ever get released? Could be among CSM characters I guess, but I doubt it.

MajorWesJanson
30-12-2009, 22:10
I would love the plastic grey knights to be real but they better have all the fine detail as the metal ones and the cool GK style helmets...

The regular terminators/space marines look quite boring...

Sanjay

Regular terminators and Space marines are 5-6 years old now. Look at the Space Hulk ones, or the Space Wolf Pack, or even the Black Templar upgrade kit.

The God of Decay
30-12-2009, 22:10
Wow, finally CONCRETE evidence of both GK And DE, and everyone already knew about the Blood Angels Kits from their absence in the Models cases at a GD.

Necron MC? oh god, not a mecha-type model....or giant Terminator...[insert Terminator theme]

Any info on the release date of the next Chaos wave? and were the plastic havocs just a rumor?

StarFyreXXX
30-12-2009, 22:13
I have space hulk...sorry, i meant the actual design itself. the GKs look more unique from the rest of the designs, mainly due to the helmets, halberds, and all the iconography...

although the space hulk ones are quite good...

Sanjay

Demrush
30-12-2009, 22:14
Thanks stick monkey...I had a rumor overdose; something that hasn't occured in a long time! However, do you have no rumors concerning Fantasy? Those would be most welcome!

Thanks again,
Seldom

Ph4lanx
30-12-2009, 22:16
I'm betting the Codex and Space Marine Chapter mentioned are Blood Angels.

stickmonkey, say thank you from WarSeer to whoever let you post this my friend :)

Tymell
30-12-2009, 22:46
Hmm...Are you done playing policeman yet?

Only if you're done playing rude forumite.

Angeloftheblood
30-12-2009, 23:00
what rumors are there of a new pred?

also mr monkey can you say how many kits for the space marine models there are?

also the one you are amped up about is it a big kit or small?

-cheers

Mattcrowther00
30-12-2009, 23:13

I think there was some rumblings ealier in the year about Gorkamorka... Now is it just me or would that be an ideal box to have new buggies in, perhaps alongside a simplified truck? After all the current buggies are from the Gorkamorka era!

The Dude
30-12-2009, 23:17
All very interesting SM. Good to hear this stuff is being seen.

aka_mythos
30-12-2009, 23:17
what rumors are there of a new pred?
Baal predator maybe?

Stekkos
30-12-2009, 23:18
Hmmm hasn't Harry said that the other 40k army to be released next year ( aside of Blood Angels ) was "fleet based"... wouldn't the Eldar match that decription ?
Seeing as this list of releases looks more like the whole year planning rather than a single month of releases.
The Eldar units in this list look like a wave of releases to go with a codex.
Moreover, the Eldar codex will be 4 years old as of the end of 2010....

starlight
30-12-2009, 23:20
Since this Thread has been brought to our attention I have this to say...

Thou shalt restrain thy snarky pointed comments and stay on topic...if thou has nothing to contribute...then contribute nothing... :eyebrows:

starlight

Ozybonza
30-12-2009, 23:24
Hmmm hasn't Harry said that the other 40k army to be released next year ( aside of Blood Angels ) was "fleet based"... wouldn't the Eldar match that decription ?

I believe it was "fleet based marines" - most likely BT

Harry
30-12-2009, 23:25
I never said anything about fleet based.
Someone else read into what I said. I don't even know what fleet based means. :D
All I said was there was other Marines "winging their way in our direction".
Lots of folks read all kinds of stuff into that. :angel:

You shouldve just told us exactly what you saw rather than be coy about it. This whole 'you dont get to know about the cool stuff' is getting old.Thanks for that valuable contribution. That attitude gets old real fast. Folks bring what they bring.

Thanks stickymonkey for the rumours. Not heard some of this but a fair bit of 40K stuff passes me by. :D
Were you just in a 40K cupboard or should I look out for your thread in the fantasy section sometime soon. :D

Sarevok
30-12-2009, 23:32
Daemon/CSM:
plastic Greater demon
plastic nurgle warriors
plastic tzeetch flyers
plastic horrors
plastic/metal (conflicting rumors) slaanesh riders
characters
plastic csm upgrade sprues - god specific

No Daemon Prince still? or is that the "Greater Daemon" mentioned?

Stekkos
30-12-2009, 23:33
My mistake, got confused.

rabblerouser
30-12-2009, 23:34
wait wait wait

did you just say thunderhawk???!?!?

Kendo
30-12-2009, 23:36
This list of rumors has me frothing at the mouth. I see many months of *hopefully* self congradulatory reward spending after wrapping up school on one or more new armies. I look forward to Dark Eldar most of all, but completeing troop plastics for demons would be very nice and allow me to get that force underway as well as fleshing out my orks some more and adding that Thunderhawk for my space wolves for the plastic venerable dreads to spill out of.
And think, Stickmonkey indicated this was only some of what he saw...

Weeee!

Emeraldw
30-12-2009, 23:40
Anything about the Ordos Chapters has me excited. All I need to hear are "Plastic Sisters" and I would jump on those lovely girls. Just something about chicks with big guns in exagerated (or form fitting *winks*) power armour with faith that would make a catholic priest blush to drive someone to desire a harem, I mean army, of them.

Please keep sharing what you can Stickmonkey and I thank you for your contribution to this forum! :D

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
30-12-2009, 23:47

Interesting thought. DE = Eldar (space) pirates??

junglesnake
30-12-2009, 23:51
Ooooooo most delicious :D

Finally the lesser dexes are getting some love... I may have to jump on the DE bandwaggon if the models are really 'all that' :P

The only thing that worries me is that this tends to be the kiss of death to whatever rules edition they are on at the time . . . . with the exception of 4th ed which was shorter lived.

The Dude
30-12-2009, 23:55
Stickmonkey, I think it may be beneficial for you to clarify what you have seen yourself and what is just you repeating existing rumours. I think people are going to get very confused very quickly.

Messiah
31-12-2009, 00:04
Someone else read into what I said. I don't even know what fleet based means. :D

Does that mean Blood angels will get "Fleet of boot"? :p

LonelyPath
31-12-2009, 00:13
Very interesting and exciting news, particularly those related to the Inquisition :)

Treadheadz
31-12-2009, 00:15
Stickmonkey, I think it may be beneficial for you to clarify what you have seen yourself and what is just you repeating existing rumours. I think people are going to get very confused very quickly.

I second that. These rumour threads have a tendence to become wishlisting pretty fast.

Stickmonkey
31-12-2009, 00:18
No Daemon Prince still? or is that the "Greater Daemon" mentioned?

Sorry, it was DP, not GD. sorry for the confusion.

Gargskull
31-12-2009, 00:20

I took it as his first post being what he had seen himself and the 2nd post being a round up of the rumor's he's been told.

On that note, no apocalypse next summer? I was hoping they'd revisit those awesome vehicle deals.

Stickmonkey
31-12-2009, 00:21

Thanks for that valuable contribution. That attitude gets old real fast. Folks bring what they bring.

Thanks stickymonkey for some top notch rumour. Not heard some of this but a fair bit of 40K stuff passes me by. :D
Were you just in a 40K cupboard or should I look out for your thread in the fantasy section sometime soon. :D

We don't handle fantasy stuff, so I dont see much on that end. Sorry. I just got involved back w SW, but by the time I was involved everything was pretty known.

Harry
31-12-2009, 00:23
I took it as his first post being what he had seen himself and the 2nd post being a round up of the rumor's he's been told.
The first post seems more like it than the second. (which seems more a 'round up' of solid info' mixed with complete bobbins. :D)

But even that has some stuff that does not sound quite right.

Souleater
31-12-2009, 00:26
Some news I have long awaited and for which I thank you, Stickmonkey.

I'm curious to know why you've been given permission to release these (very welcome!) rumours. Is this a sign that GW are altering their policy with regard to pre-release info?

Grimbad
31-12-2009, 01:02

I was going to say. A lot of people, it seems, only read bullet-points and not the notes attached to the list.
I blame Microsoft Powerpoint.

Stickmonkey
31-12-2009, 01:13
To summarize for the dude and others. What I saw yesterday and am allowed to comment on is in my first post. I was wrapping up a bunch of other rumors and information I'd seen in the second post...being purposefully vague to give a little "wiggle room" to avoid cries of "foul" from a business standpoint. But more to give a flavor of what is in the pike.

I'll be able to comment more as the process goes on and we hear some of the play test results for rules, box art, etc. As with SW and Nids, I am really out of the loop by the time rules are finalized, but a lot of what I get to see does make it thru. :)

As far as DE, I am reasonably certain a DE release is on the horizon based on what I know. But I also know there are unresolved issues from a business standpoint, so I'd say 50% max chance to see DE in 2010, greater chance in 2011. From an art/model standpoint, the DE are an "evolution" from past incarnations. Some are downright "evil" looking.

As far as inquisition, I've only seen GK. And I think these are great looking models, they retain the individualism. The details are all there. Certain "options" were shown. Discussions around expanded chapter organization were had. I think GK players will be happy once these are released.

As far as the model I was specifically forbade from revealing. Anything more I could say would be too much. But it's killing me not to.

One thing I saw again was the Webway terrain. It definitely looks like a test plastic pull, but I couldnt get hands on it to really review. The scratchbuilt Nid terrain was also on display.

Kalishnikov-47
31-12-2009, 01:25
But, I need Stormtroopers, I need them or I willl explode...it happens to me sometimes.

Preease.

Any information to me is good information at this point.

Hypaspist
31-12-2009, 01:28
Many Thanks Stickmonkey, this is very interesting stuff, just make sure you stay safe and don't get caught out ;) good rumour sources are hard to find these days! :)

The God of Decay
31-12-2009, 01:54
Ditto, don't get caught, we need someone who can give us a flood of rumours even when theres a rumor draught.

Anywhos, i Guess the plastic Havocs are never comin?

Or, are they waiting till...........the legions codeces?!

Emeraldw
31-12-2009, 02:23
Awesome Stick, just awesome.

spagunk
31-12-2009, 02:41
So i am guessing that the Certain Marine Chapter was intentionally left vague due to how close their release is?

massey
31-12-2009, 02:47
As far as the model I was specifically forbade from revealing. Anything more I could say would be too much. But it's killing me not to.

An individual model? And we'll find out more around the missions book?

Boom. Thunderhawk.

Rabid Bunny 666
31-12-2009, 02:50
All I need to hear are "Plastic Sisters" and I would jump on those lovely girls.

So wrong, so sigged.

More on topic, i'm also liking the plastic Sisters of Battle rumour, despite forking out a *sigh* fairly high amount on the metals.

rabblerouser
31-12-2009, 03:00
So i am guessing that the Certain Marine Chapter was intentionally left vague due to how close their release is?

It's space vampires. That much we all know.

Emeraldw
31-12-2009, 03:00
So wrong, so sigged.

More on topic, i'm also liking the plastic Sisters of Battle rumour, despite forking out a *sigh* fairly high amount on the metals.

I should clear up confusion on that. It was more of a "wishlist" in regards to plastic sisters. It says WH/DH VEHICLES, not infantry.

And I am glad you like my little quip.

Marshal2Crusaders
31-12-2009, 03:06
They wouldn't forbid you from talking about the thunderhawk and I believe you already mentioned it, so my guess is something large and cool they want to surprise us with. Like a warhound or maybe Another large FW crossover.

Hokiecow
31-12-2009, 03:08

"Winging" their way in a ThunderHawk? :D

Gutzmek
31-12-2009, 03:19
Stick monkey, how much of a departure is the Inquisitional concept art you've seen compared to the current armies? How would you describe the SM stuff you have seen compared to the current modules( not specifics that can get you in trouble, but do they look archaic, ornate, regal, etc.)?

Rabid Bunny 666
31-12-2009, 03:40
I should clear up confusion on that. It was more of a "wishlist" in regards to plastic sisters. It says WH/DH VEHICLES, not infantry.

And I am glad you like my little quip.

What could be added in terms of vehicles? Unless there is a new variant, it'll be either a redesigned Immolator or a plastic Exorcist.

AgeOfEgos
31-12-2009, 03:41

The Thunderhawk...finally!

starlight
31-12-2009, 03:47
What could be added in terms of vehicles? Unless there is a new variant, it'll be either a redesigned Immolator or a plastic Exorcist.

Repressor for one. :) Likely a fairly easy upgrade with a single sprue. :)

Stickmonkey
31-12-2009, 03:51

one word, sammael.

Stick monkey, how much of a departure is the Inquisitional concept art you've seen compared to the current armies? How would you describe the SM stuff you have seen compared to the current modules( not specifics that can get you in trouble, but do they look archaic, ornate, regal, etc.)?

inquisition...look at dark heresy.

sm...look at wolves and space hulk.

The God of Decay
31-12-2009, 03:58
Stickmonkey, Could you elaborate on a Plastic Havocs kit i'veI heard about it October last year, and i thought it would've been release by now if there even was one,

Anywhos, i'd love to know more about the look of the DE, on a scale of 1 to 10, how evil was the model u saw?

IcedAnimals
31-12-2009, 04:00
GW is really trying to move away from plastic/metal mix kits. so seeing the exorcist redone is not a surprise at all. I can pray for plastic sisters with the best of em. When new sister stuff comes out it gets pre ordered as soon as its available. screw the "day its released im buying" crap. Pre-order enough stock that they need to special make your order!

daa6
31-12-2009, 04:01
Looks like a possible new dex for DH, and linked "Inq" ? Y / N

Any hint of a release date..... ?

"Just there struggling against their MAIN Foe..." :)

Thanks.

Emeraldw
31-12-2009, 04:15

no idea, but it does bode well for inquisition in the future. This also goes along with GW's recent (and excellent) trend of redoing very old armies.

Born Again
31-12-2009, 05:23
Sorry, it was DP, not GD. sorry for the confusion.

AAAAH!! A plastic GD was the thing that had me most excited in this thread! Still, the DP has been a long time coming so no surprises. Plastic GD's are also in the wishlist department as they'd need four of them, so I don't expect them until the time when everything moves to plastic.

"Plastic nurgle warriors", meaning Plague marines, or Plaguebearers?

As for orks, it's about time the buggy and trakk got an upgrade. Keen for Flash Git models too, but shouldn't they be a Nob kit upgrade rather than boyz?

The God of Decay
31-12-2009, 05:47
AAAAH!! A plastic GD was the thing that had me most excited in this thread!

Well, there wasn't really any evidence for a Plastic GD, they will probably ALWAYS be metal.... At least the daemon prince we had pics of.

However, the Plastic Daemon Prince could be used to create a greater daemon.

Spectral Dragon
31-12-2009, 05:50
Ahh, Tomb Spider Kit, should have figured. While I am sure most of us Necron Players would have loved Immortals in plastic, the Tomb Spider in Plastic is still delicious.

I am going to repeat what a lot of people are saying: this is one of the better rumor threads in a while, thank you.

chaos0xomega
31-12-2009, 05:53

Thanks for that valuable contribution. That attitude gets old real fast. Folks bring what they bring.

Thanks stickymonkey for some top notch rumour. Not heard some of this but a fair bit of 40K stuff passes me by. :D

You got big shoes to fill Harry, get on top of it.

And Stickmonkey, don't get caught. This thread was awesome, but you shouldn't have revealed so much at one time, as the more you show that you know, the more "specific" you become, and the easier this can all be traced back to you. Learn to limit the scope of your rumors, and also to "reveal without revealing" like brim and harry do (for example, "winging our way" to hint dark angels/blood angels). Yeah, it annoys the hell out of us and drives wild speculation amongst the more imaginative members of the forums, but it keeps your job/position safe, and if you do it right, you can get away with revealing a lot by saying very little.

Also, if noone else caught this:

one word, sammael.

I think he just suggest GK Jetbikes or Land Speeders(considering we were talking about vehicles, I'd say speeders)

Lazarus15
31-12-2009, 06:08
Here Here ^.

Thanks man. Good stuff. Be interesting to see the terrain for the Xenos....that actually has me more excited than anything else.

IcedAnimals
31-12-2009, 06:20
agreed, keep your job. hell if you have to just shut down dumb rumors its great to have another source for these things but your job comes first.

daa6
31-12-2009, 06:28
/\ Too True /\ !!!

Paraelix
31-12-2009, 07:24

Given you specified the armies/races for the other models and art... Does this mean an entirely new race/codex?

starlight
31-12-2009, 07:46
Given you specified the armies/races for the other models and art... Does this mean an entirely new race/codex?

GW has specifically and repeatedly stated that there will be no new armies until the existing ones are brought up to speed.

However, that does not exclude additional races in places like Codex: Tau Empires/etc...just that there won't be any complete new Codex level races for at least the next eighteen months or so...

Voss
31-12-2009, 07:56
GW has specifically and repeatedly stated that there will be no new armies until the existing ones are brought up to speed.

Thats a new one. A seemingly impossible given the release cycle.

starlight
31-12-2009, 08:07
Actually it's an old one...they've been saying it since just before 5th Ed was released. :)

I guess you haven't seen the proposed release cycle in the last while... ;)

Loaded. With. Stuff. :eek: According to what I've heard, we're on track to have *all* of the armies in the 5th Ed Rulebook done well before 6th Ed is released in 2012... :shifty: ;)

Of course I *have* been known to be misinformed...once... :p

Harry
31-12-2009, 08:20
Actually it's an old one...they've been saying it since just before 5th Ed was released. :)

Loaded. With. Stuff. :eek: According to what I've heard, we're on track to have *all* of the armies in the 5th Ed Rulebook done well before 6th Ed is released in 2012... :shifty: ;)

Of course I *have* been known to be misinformed...once...
Not this time. Hold on to your seats. :D

nifty
31-12-2009, 08:23
so much info all at once. please let there be t hawks

starlight
31-12-2009, 08:24
Hold onto my *wallet* you mean... ;)

:p

Harry
31-12-2009, 08:28
Hold onto my *wallet* you mean... ;)

LOL My wife has been holding onto my wallet for a while now. :cries:

EDIT: However I have been secretly stashing money away in a shoe box in my hobby room for some of this stuff. :evilgrin:

EDIT: The stuff that is coming in 2010 that is. :D

Voss
31-12-2009, 08:29

Hmm. Harry and starlight...

I guess I haven't seen the release cycle recently, at least for codex releases. I just hadn't ever seen GW make that particular claim in, well, many years of following rumours. I've just seen a lot of the older books stuck a continuous cycle of 'later.'

Scryer in the Darkness
31-12-2009, 08:35
Not this time. Hold on to your seats. :D

I prefer the term "hold on to your butts". :D

Stickmonkey - I have to echo the comments about keeping your identity/job protected. There're important reasons some of us are vague/silent as we are. Unless of course you have premissions to reveal what you reveal, in which case go about your business. ;)

And I would like to stress (though people have been pretty good so far) that eventhough the title of this thread is "2010 models", a fair slab of them are not destined for release in 2010, as Stickmonkey did point out with his "and beyond" comment.

starlight
31-12-2009, 08:35
Imagine the busiest release year GW has ever had...

Now imagine it busier...much, much busier... :D

I've heard mutterings that we're going to be so shocked and awed by how much stuff is hitting the shelves in the next eighteen months or so that even the whiny grumpy types who complain about stuff taking *forever* are going to be knocked back in their chairs in stunned silence...

...and even though GW doesn't influence *my* job, I'm all for those who might be at risk keeping *their* jobs, even if we run a little thin on the *official* rumours. :)

nifty
31-12-2009, 08:38
i need to get another job it seems

Scryer in the Darkness
31-12-2009, 08:40
I've heard mutterings that we're going to be so shocked and awed by how much stuff is hitting the shelves in the next eighteen months or so...
I just hope GW step up their preview/promotions window (which I have also heard they are going to do) as I really think they need to pep that up. Do away with this whole "protecting" info til Codices appear in stores (or don't as the case may be :rolleyes:) and jam us with info in a months-long promotional lead up. But we digress slightly.

starlight
...only if you want shiny new toys... ;)

Which means, yes, I'm likely looking to be making more as well... :p

Curse you GW and Canon! All these shiny toys and camera lenses! :shakes fist:

Harry

Better get two. :p

ImRightBehindYou
31-12-2009, 08:42
Sigh, us Space Mariens already have our new models. Won't have any for a long while.

Forgive the double post but I'm excited about the Grey Knight models.

Scryer in the Darkness
31-12-2009, 08:44
Sigh, us Space Mariens already have our new models. Won't have any for a long while.
You're getting a bunch in the next few months. :eyebrows: Or do you mean after that?

ImRightBehindYou
31-12-2009, 08:46
You're getting a bunch in the next few months. :eyebrows: Or do you mean after that?

Ok its one in the morning here so I might be a little off right now. Aside from the Legion of the Damned what else is there?

massey
31-12-2009, 08:52

However, that does not exclude additional races in places like Codex: Tau Empires/etc...just that there won't be any complete new Codex level races for at least the next eighteen months or so...

Which would indicate everything will be updated within 18 months?

Okay, so we've got

Marines -- Done
Space Wolves -- Done
Imperial Guard -- Done
Chaos Demons -- Done
Tyranids -- Done

Blood Angels -- Confirmed on their way

Orks -- Perhaps done (a pseudo-5th codex)
Eldar -- Perhaps done
Dark Angels -- Perhaps done
Chaos -- Perhaps done

Dark Eldar -- Not done
Sisters -- Not done
Grey Knights -- Not done
Black Templars -- Not done
Necrons -- Not done
Tau -- Not done

Okay, so we know the top 5 armies already have a 5th ed codex done. Blood Angels are on their way. That leaves 4 books that are sort of 5th ed, and 6 books that are not 5th ed. To me, that says there's not time on the release schedule to do anything with the current pseudo-5th books. Even if they combine Sisters and Grey Knights into an Inquisition book, that still means they'd have to release 3.5 books a year for the next 2 years, just to get the stuff that hasn't had an update in a while. This matches up with us having no rumors at all of any new Eldar, Dark Angel, Chaos, or Ork books, even though those are all 4th ed books.

So that leads us to having Nids in January, Blood Angels in April or May, Black Templars as pseudo-confirmed for fall, and possibly Necrons/Dark Eldar at the end. This leaves Necrons/Dark Eldar (whichever remains) as 1st quarter 2011, something with the Inquisition, and then presumably Tau bringing up the rear by the end of that year. That gives them an open slot in spring of 2012 before the big 6th ed release that summer (assuming you're not joking about it, which you might very well be :)). At this point, no signs of what that release would be.

Can someone confirm that they're totally not working on those pseudo-5th ed armies?

starlight
31-12-2009, 08:59
Edition releases are at UKGD in September, not in the summer... :p WFB the same years as the Winter Olympics, 40K the same years as the Summer Olympics (for the last bit at least)...

Technically DA and Orks were/are 5th Ed, even though some of the rules changed after the DA book came out...:(

Harry
31-12-2009, 08:59
"A little off"? :D

sigh, us space mariens already have our new models. Won't have any for a long while.
LOL

Aside from the legion of the damned what else is there?
LSHIBW,FTASM

Promethius
31-12-2009, 09:03
I've seen loads of speculation on IG ST, but nothing in this batch. I've heard rumors of them being part of the Missions releases, but honestly it seems like there are more models than could possibly fit in a release with Missions...

Thanks for that. Certainly lots of good news to digest around the board! Well done!

massey
31-12-2009, 09:08
Edition releases are at UKGD in September, not in the summer... :p WFB the same years as the Winter Olympics, 40K the same years as the Summer Olympics (for the last bit at least)...

Ah, so we've got a few extra months. :) Which means possibly two extra release spots...

Technically DA and Orks were/are 5th Ed, even though some of the rules changed after the DA book came out...:(

That's what I figured. So that leaves Chaos and Eldar.

Hmm. Wonder what they'll do with those two extra release spots. :)

MajorWesJanson
31-12-2009, 09:15
Just when I was starting to get FW stuff to add to my Forces, all these rumors come along about new cool plastic stuff :(

Purge the Heretic
31-12-2009, 09:17
LSHIBW,FTASM

lol let the speculation begin

Land speeder H...something, I know there is one but I forget the name...

but in general...wow...just wow...looks like things are picking up pace, verification from multiple sources that releases are going to come crazy fast compared to the last decade.

Harry
31-12-2009, 09:20
lol let the speculation begin

Land speeder H...something
LOL. This wasn't a rumour .... I was making up my own ROFL type thing.

The first part is Laughed So Hard I Broke Wind, :D

Purge the Heretic
31-12-2009, 09:21
HEHE

well thanks as always for bringing a little joy to the rumor starved anyhow. All of you this is more hints and more excitement that I've seen in some time,

now if only more people could be positive about it.

cyphertheory
31-12-2009, 10:03
hmmm so much for getting married, i need the monies for loads of sweet new minis!.

also i wanted to add to the guys in the know, please make sure that you cover your own butts first and foremost, yes we love rumours, but we love the guys who get them for us more, and i'd hate for someone to have lost their jobs or got in trouble just to bring us some info.

Disturbing_Clown
31-12-2009, 10:20
Has there been any indication that the plastic DP might come out with the Battle Mission releases?

Mortemer
31-12-2009, 10:26
I'm really happy with all the stuff that are on the way but I'd really like to have Thunderwolf Cavalry models for SW. I still have hopes though...

Chucklemoney
31-12-2009, 10:43
I'll just add to the list to thank the OP.

The first rumour thread where I am definately going away happy, the DE are back in business. :D

cthorpe
31-12-2009, 10:46
Hi guys.. great rumours here, and I'm looking forward to the coming year. especially with the Blood Angels coming... my first army and love (since 1987)!!

Continue the great work Sticky monkey and Harry... but stay safe too..

Best wishes,

Carl

Just discovered the news about Brimstone... he will be missed... a great guy who I knew since Portent days... So sad..

Iverald
31-12-2009, 10:47
@ Harry: are the winging Marines only drop-winging or also sword-winging? ;)

@ Cthorpe: Brimstone recently died of heart attack. Browse Random Musings for more info.

Harry
31-12-2009, 10:52
There was a comment about 'Brimstone' leaving... when was this.. have I missed something.. if so sorry to hear he has gone.. great moderator and runour confirmer.. wish him well.. is this confirmed?
Tragically Brim has GONE, gone.
(There is a thread)

Well, now that Brimstone is gone, you got big shoes to fill Harry, get on top of it.

There is no chance of me (or anyone else) filling his shoes in a hurry. (or even trying) He has been here forever and was a better and fairer man than I.

Also I know little or nothing about 40K I couldn't possibly try to keep the rumours straight the way he did.

I remember when I told him raveners were coming for his favorite Nids. He first corrected my spelling then had to explain what they were. :D

I don't think I will be taking his place around here any time soon.

Tau-Lover
31-12-2009, 10:55
Argh!! Why new suits?!? I just bought a lot of them and magnetized them all!:mad::mad:

On the other hand is it good to see new stuff for necrons :D:D

Crovax20
31-12-2009, 10:59
necron model nice!

Now if only GW would release a new codex this year for the necrons :(.

I started necrons last year in the hope they would get an update this year. I like em a lot and thank god most people on my club dont use a lot of vehicles :). Glancing stuff to death is not a lot of fun, although immobilizing a valkerie that had turbo'd and having it crash into the ground was fun.

I will pick up a plastic tomb spider though, actually i think I will pick up two if thats the new model. I am waiting with immortals till they are plastic, because right now you got a lot of weight resting on a wrist and shoulder join.

Right now I only got warriors, scarabs, destroyers, heavy destroyers and a monolith. Would be great to add a tombspider to that!

ant1clock
31-12-2009, 11:08
Given that tomorrow is the start of a new year will we get any of the above rumours confirmed by GW, maybe a three month window of releases. Or am I chasing rainbows again. What do GW usually do at this time of year.

A sneaky peak at a BA model like the ork xmas pic would do me for starters.

Poseidal
31-12-2009, 11:13
eldar:
plastic wraithguard

I can see the Prism, as it's well overdue and a hybrid kit which GW seem to be getting rid of.

The Wraithguard are also not too surprising, considering their age and their pseudo-Troop slot entry.

Heavy support platforms are interesting. Not totally out of the blue, as the plastic normal heavy weapon platform came out pretty randomly, and replaced a reasonably recent metal kit itself; the current metal platforms would be older than the old platform when the plastic platform came out.

Now the Avatar seems really odd, as the current model is quite nice (if a bit small compared to other MCs), but a 0-1 going into plastic? If it's an Autarch, as a guess I would think it was a jetbike one, since we've seen a prototype bike which brings me to the next point:

The odd one is not seeing a jetbike, since there's a known prototype for it.

Harry
31-12-2009, 11:16
There is one or two things missing in that second post and one or two things in the list that shouldn't be.

kurac
31-12-2009, 11:17
I don't want to be rude or something, really...i just want to ask something.

What would exectly happen if someone spilled their guts out with rumors like Stickmonkey (Respect!) and this being the internet, what wouuld be the downside of full report on what someone saw...can they find you...what if you make a new user account on Warseer,?

I mean, why can't we get all the details...is someone threatening someone, can they really find you on the web...i really dont know

philbrad2
31-12-2009, 11:40
what if you make a new user account on Warseer?

a replacement/change of account can be requested, creating an additional account is cloning and against forum rules.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ + WarSeer Moderation Team + +

CamNZ
31-12-2009, 11:40
what wouuld be the downside of full report on what someone saw...can they find you...what if you make a new user account on Warseer,?

I mean, why can't we get all the details...is someone threatening someone, can they really find you on the web...i really dont know

It all comes down to knowing who knows what. Stickmonkey has been given info that not many people have, possibly even specific to him. If that info suddenly becomes known in the world at large the possible sources of that info are few. Allowing retribution to be enacted on those who had the info and leaked it. It is known as a 'Canary trap'

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to everything. Just finished my studies so I'll actually have money for NEW models, not ebayed (Trademe) poorly assembled stuff, thanks for the rumours.

librerian_samae
31-12-2009, 11:42
At kurac;

No but your source can be identified by what you spill, thus getting another in REALLY hot water and closing up a helpfully and sympathetic source for rumours, so going full blab is not under the current climate (GW wise) a good thing to do.

Also mad props for stick monkey and do I hear the words 'winging' and 'Samael' in refrence to marines...

(oh please let there be some nice ravenwing and/or imperial jetbikes at any point to come)

Harry
31-12-2009, 11:44
I don't want to be rude or something, really...i just want to ask something.

What would exectly happen if someone spilled their guts out with rumors like Stickmonkey (Respect!) and this being the internet, what wouuld be the downside of full report on what someone saw...can they find you...what if you make a new user account on Warseer,?

It is not about that.

IMO when people keep something back it is about folks who do hear stuff ahead of time showing some loyalty to GW

It is about the fact that GW don't want everything that is coming talked about for months and months in advance of it's arrival so that by the time it appears everyone has heard about it, discussed it to death, seen the pictures and bought the 'T' shirt .... So that there is no 'buzz' around the new releases.

They want folks talking about what is coming next ... not 12 months down the line. They want folks to be still be excited when they see the new stuff ... as they were with the Skaven and Tyranid releases because they had not already seen it all.

They want folks to enjoy reading White Dwarf and the GW Website because they can see the first glossy photos of the new stuff there instead of some grainy, out of focus mobile phone shot on here.
(Hence not so much with the pictures these days)

They want the rules changes to be read in the context of all the changes in the books rather than in isolation and arriving in scraps some of which are just ideas the games devs are throwing around and never make it through play testing and thus avoiding a lot of unnecessary upset about things that will never happen.
(Hence not so much with the details from the army books these days)

Now we can fight against this and keep on posting everything we see and hear as soon as we see or hear it and they will can keep trying to stop every leak. Or we can play along and share information at an appropriate time .... so they can relax a bit.

But more than that it is there product after all. They should really be allowed to decide when and where we first see/hear about it.

You know that line in Star Wars .....
"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers"
The same is true of GW and rumours. :D
It is equally true in reverse. The more slips through their fingers the more they will tighten their grip.

We have to meet them in the middle a bit and not get too far ahead of them.

Still, the odd little snippet never did any harm. :D

Zanzibarthefirst
31-12-2009, 12:03
I wonder if that CSm temrinator sprue will reappear. As far as I can remember that had some very nice pieces on it. if someone outl provide a link to it that would be great.

As for everything else, given GW's attitude towards rumours, it might hardly be worth getting excited for somethings

RichBlake
31-12-2009, 12:21
While I don't like calling anyone a liar, or implying it for that matter, I'm going to not hold my breath on these rumours. Some of the things strike me as odd (plastic avatar, chimera w/ manticore kit) which could be the result of either a mistake or fabrication.

While I do like to ponder on what is next and what's being planned for me I'd like to know what's next, when they plan on bringing out 6th edition and when they think they'll have all the armies relatively up to date.

Other then that I don't care what's going to be hitting the shelves in 8 months time, it's subject to change and all it will do is drive everyone nuts with speculation.

If these are true I must say while I admire your dedication to the hobby, if I was in a position to know so much the good people of Warseer would get bugger all from me. I like keeping a job and I definitely wouldn't risk it for a bunch of people I've never met, maybe I'm just not that nice :P

Bobske
31-12-2009, 12:41
Well I, and most people I know, have a company secrets clause in their contract.
So not only does GW have the right to fire you, if you spill the beans, they probably can sue you for it big time.

If you do not work for GW and they showed you something new on the condition not to tell, would you tell?

I wouldn't want to break that confidence.Telling is very childish to me.

But many thanks to Stickmonkey, Harry, and all those other people who keep us up to date. (Brimstone, may he rest in peace)
I remember some yearr ago seeing pics of the new Eldar rangers, good pics, at least a year before they came out, when they came out they didn't excite me anymore.

Now I'm excited again.
Although a bit more leniency on the schedule from GW would be nice.
f.e. We now know when we are going to see pictures/pre-order of the beastmen, that's not exciting, show us 1 or 2 pics now
Here's hoping for a similar WHFB post from someone else

And Nids, where is the second Nid wave, nobody talks about it
(mmm, perhaps because the first wave didn't arrive yet;)

I'm having a rumour overload too, good way to end the year.
A Good 2010 to all

shabbadoo
31-12-2009, 12:54
one word, sammael.

So, what version of Sammael should I NOT be wasting my time building while I wait to get this new Sammael model- the jetbike version of Sammael or the Land Speeder version of Sammael? End my suffering and prevent me from wasting time building one of these when I could be building something else in preparation for this release. :D

I will be content to know only this little bit of info, even though the news as a whole is overall very exciting. :cool:

Siam-Tiger
31-12-2009, 13:15
I know we are in the 40k sub-board, but all that news and no equivalent post for the whfb rumours? I mean we are looking at the 8th edition in summer and nothing to add there?

Sephiroth
31-12-2009, 13:16
So, what version of Sammael should I NOT be wasting my time building while I wait to get this new Sammael model- the jetbike version of Sammael or the Land Speeder version of Sammael? End my suffering and prevent me from wasting time building one of these when I could be building something else in preparation for this release. :D

I think, considering Stickmonkey mentioned it in regards to DH/WH vehicles, its not that there is a new Sammael coming, but something in that vein for DH/WH. He may correct me if I'm wrong though.

philbrad2
31-12-2009, 14:01
Gents

As much as i agree with HARRY's comments on what/how/when rumours are posted/leaked this is primarily a discussion about the rumoured 2010 releases. Can we please contain the discussions within this framework.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ + WarSeer Moderation Team + +

OLIVERASO
31-12-2009, 14:24
I wonder if that CSm temrinator sprue will reappear. As far as I can remember that had some very nice pieces on it. if someone outl provide a link to it that would be great.

As for everything else, given GW's attitude towards rumours, it might hardly be worth getting excited for somethings

You can find pics on the unreleased chaos 40k section of the CCM Website.

Promethius
31-12-2009, 14:28
There is one or two things missing in that second post and one or two things in the list that shouldn't be.

I'm going to hold back from asking you what's missing from the list, as I know you probably can't tell. However, would you be willing to name things that are definately not happening, so that we can avoid pointless speculation?

jspyd3rx
31-12-2009, 14:30
If even half the things monkey man said come to fruition. It would be a great year. Though I noticed nothing more for nids. Are the remaining units in codex going to be getting a second wave? Maybe with battle missions?

havik110
31-12-2009, 14:38
Rumors of ending the plastic Hybrids kits have been circulating for the past year or 2...

With that I would imagine that we will be seeing an all plastic exorcist, ba'al pred, Ravager (they are coming out with new DE stuff anyways), and (are there still any hybrid eldar tanks). I would assume the Furisio will get a plastic makeover as well as that metal chaos dred cc arm.

Now people have been screaming plastic Hive Tyrant but it doesnt look like it will happen (maybe a 2nd wave of tyranids after the mission book but before DE?)

Heres hoping!

Joewrightgm
31-12-2009, 14:52
You know that line in Star Wars .....
"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers"

Harry, I love you like a meat-pie, but quoting star wars should never be a justification for anything. Not even breathing.

Even so, after so long without any sort of rumorage, its nice to get some (semi)-solid information.

GideonRavenor
31-12-2009, 14:53
Why is anything Inquisition related almost too good to be true in my eyes? And potentially Blood Angels in the same year...

Stickmonkey
31-12-2009, 15:56

I will be content to know only this little bit of info, even though the news as a whole is overall very exciting. :cool:

Please go back and re-read context of what I posted.

Emperor's Grace
31-12-2009, 16:02
Harry, I love you like a meat-pie, but quoting star wars should never be a justification for anything.

I think it's acceptable - but only if the quote comes from the original trilogy.

@ Harry: are the winging Marines only drop-winging or also sword-winging? ;)

I'm hoping it's the return of "Angels of Death", personally

BladeWalker
31-12-2009, 16:07
I had almost given up hope of anything being done with the Ordo books, very exciting news that they will not be phased out or ignored for another edition. I have to say that I'm hooked, I intend to do 3000 of new Nids for 2010, hopefully 2000 more Necrons this time next year, and then as much Inquisition as I can fit in the house... :D.

If I get updates to my current armies along the way it's just more models to get!

Darthvegeta800
31-12-2009, 16:46
GK's, Necrons and DE... me and my brother will be glad!

Mr. Ultra
31-12-2009, 16:50
News about DE are ever good news... I hope they release that "done" material before the end of the times in 2012...

Max_Killfactor
31-12-2009, 17:10
News about DE are ever good news... I hope they release that "done" material before the end of the times in 2012...

You and me both (check my sig).

Thanks for the rumors Stickmonkey. I can't wait for Dark Eldar and I always love to hear positive rumors about them.

Looking forward to the next year or so.

Sarevok
31-12-2009, 17:10
folks who do hear stuff ahead of time showing some loyalty to GW

It is about the fact that GW don't want everything that is coming talked about for months and months in advance of it's arrival so that by the time it appears everyone has heard about it, discussed it to death, seen the pictures and bought the 'T' shirt .... So that there is no 'buzz' around the new releases.

What about that Daemon Prince though, they still haven't released it despite glossy official pics being out over a year ago.

Kalishnikov-47
31-12-2009, 17:15
LOL My wife has been holding onto my wallet for a while now. :cries:

EDIT: However I have been secretly stashing money away in a shoe box in my hobby room for some of this stuff. :evilgrin:

Haha I have a giant flour jar bout 2 feet tall with coins, I call it my GW Emergency fund.

Hokiecow
31-12-2009, 17:19

I'll take the "we're on track to have *all* of the armies in the 5th Ed Rulebook done well before 6th Ed" as information and the "before 6th Ed is released in 2012" as misinformation.... 5th Ed just practically started, I'm still memorizing the rules, I can't do a reset that soon (my age is really showing now.... :( )

Arador
31-12-2009, 17:24
They want folks talking about what is coming next ... not 12 months down the line. They want folks to be still be excited when they see the new stuff ... as they were with the Skaven and Tyranid releases because they had not already seen it all.

Personally I couldn't give a toss what GW wants. Them hiding the Skaven or Tyranid models from me didn't make me any more likely to buy them, or showing any more interest towards them whatsoever. Nothing could have, after all. Nobody's going to buy all of GW's output, so is it any wonder that people skip over the things they don't care about to get to the good stuff?

ooglatjama
31-12-2009, 17:36
Plastic T-Hawk, DE, and wraithguard?!?!?!?!?!

Azzy
31-12-2009, 17:56
I'm really looking forward to all the releases coming our way as each and every one of them make the game and hobby better.

The stuff I look forward to the most, however, is more Ork stuff (it's my favorite army, what can I say?), Sisters of Battle stuff (my favorite opponent plays them), Dark Eldar & Necrons (because their players have been waiting so long) and the Blood Angels codex (because I haven't decided whether I want my Black Reach marines to be vanilla or blood flavored).

So do I. That's the one thing that sucks about being a student... Gotta juggle jobs around classes and studying (with the eventual payoff of a high-paying job somewhere down the line). Oi!

The Phazer
31-12-2009, 18:11

Except that it hasn't done that at all - the excitement has been considerably reduced. The tactic has been massively counterproductive, and I suspect sales have been affected as people haven't been able to plan their spending as effectively.

Now we can fight against this and keep on posting everything we see and hear as soon as we see or hear it and they will can keep trying to stop every leak.

Until the entire edifice collapses around their ears, and they have to take a much more open attitude than they ever have. Eventually GW will reach a point where they will publish everything in advance online for comments, so problems can be fixed in advance and feedback can be collected. Much better to find out what models are popular before the money is spend on the molds.

So fighting against this seems like a great way to bring that process further fowards, as does quietly buying stock ready to replace the senior staff with people who understand this when the time is appropriate....

Phazer

Irbian
31-12-2009, 18:22
Actually GK Jetbikes make sense. They have the best technoloy from the empire

Moreover, can be that more badass? :D

Iverald
31-12-2009, 18:28
Eventually GW will reach a point where they will publish everything in advance online for comments, so problems can be fixed in advance and feedback can be collected.

Ain't gonna work. Too many people, too many opinions. You cannot satisfy everyone.

Please let not this thread devolve into "Why on why GW is suppressing rumours?" one.

@Irbian: Good point. They'd be radiating lethal levels of awesomeness, but on the other hand DA players will go postal. Their last unique toy would be taken away.

blurrymadness
31-12-2009, 18:36
flashgitz upgrade for boyz
:eek: :eek: :eek:

No
Way.

:eek:

I can finally die.

The Phazer
31-12-2009, 18:38
Ain't gonna work. Too many people, too many opinions. You cannot satisfy everyone.

No, you can't, but you can please a much greater proportion of people when you let them point out the obvious flaws. Microsoft have a heck of a lot more users than GW do, but they still beta software a year in advance so people can point out the obvious cock-ups.

Phazer

Azzy
31-12-2009, 18:54
No, you can't, but you can please a much greater proportion of people when you let them point out the obvious flaws. Microsoft have a heck of a lot more users than GW do, but they still beta software a year in advance so people can point out the obvious cock-ups.

Phazer

Please go make a thread in General because this isn't the appropriate thread to discuss your opinions on GW's marketing strategy.

Promethius
31-12-2009, 19:28
Actually GK Jetbikes make sense. They have the best technoloy from the empire

Moreover, can be that more badass? :D

Grey Knight jetbikes would be so awesome as to deny belief. The thought is making me salivate.

Voss
31-12-2009, 19:37
:eek: :eek: :eek:

No
Way.

:eek:

I can finally die.

Uh, read the top and bottom of that particular post. Thats stuff that had been kicked around in rumours, not stuff he saw- thats in the first post.

suprememidgetoverlord
31-12-2009, 19:53
Uh, read the top and bottom of that particular post. Thats stuff that had been kicked around in rumours, not stuff he saw- thats in the first post.

But we have seen greens of pirate orks with guns, so flash gitz upgrade paks are possible.

I though it would be for nobz, not boyz, but either sounds good.

As for hybrid kits, there would also be the vyper\jetbike shuriken cannon upgrade to take care of.

I still dream of the day they will release those fancy prototype Eldar jetbikes.

salamandercaptain
31-12-2009, 19:57
Stickmonkey- thank you for this nice to start 2010 with some good news.

SC

RIP Brimmy

jason_sation
31-12-2009, 21:23
I wonder if the Necron MC will be modeled after the giant robot from Terminator Salvation?

Gargskull
31-12-2009, 21:35
Imagine the busiest release year GW has ever had...

Now imagine it busier...much, much busier... :D

I've heard mutterings that we're going to be so shocked and awed by how much stuff is hitting the shelves in the next eighteen months or so that even the whiny grumpy types who complain about stuff taking *forever* are going to be knocked back in their chairs in stunned silence...

Is this down to them getting to grips with their new plastic technology or just an increased willingness to develop new product?

starlight
31-12-2009, 21:41
Yes! :D

Sorry, what was the question...? :confused:

silashand
31-12-2009, 22:01
though they have a MC allready

Yeah, and one not very "monstrous" IMO for one so labeled. A big Necron Dread with living armour like the Monolith would be *way* cool. Imagine a Necron dread with AV14 all around? *Very* sweet!

I'm most interested in the WH/DH new stuff though. Good to hear they are actually working on them. Plastic GKTs would be nice, though I have to confess the metals are just plain sweet and it would be hard to top them for detail alone.

Cheers, Gary

Irbian
31-12-2009, 22:03
Ok people think about it
Jetbikes
Gothic jetbikes
Gothic jetbikes with grey knights

The more I think on it, the more awesome it looks XD

Apart from that, GK really need more fast attack options (ok, they need more from everything, I find a little limited the codex compared to witchhunters)

Ominous Anonymous
31-12-2009, 22:12
Ok people think about it
Jetbikes
Gothic jetbikes

I'm convinced. At the very least I'd vastly prefer it to Grey Knights on regular bikes. Also would open up the option of converting a Pre-Heresy Custodes list.

Iverald
31-12-2009, 22:19
Ok people think about it
Jetbikes
Gothic jetbikes

Apart from that, GK really need more fast attack options (ok, they need more from everything, I find a little limited the codex compared to witchhunters)

Wouldja PLEASE stop advertising GK jetbikes? :p
It is way TOO awesome to even comprehend, barely imagining it makes my hands twitch. :angel:

GK need more things than just FA choices, they neeed whole fleshing out. ut this is not a story for this thread.

Krovin-Rezh
31-12-2009, 22:37
I'd thank you Stickmonkey, but you honestly haven't given me anything I can hang my hat on. DE models and concept art, FOR REALS!? I haven't heard that one before. :rolleyes:

If you have something specific you can say, awesome, but otherwise just stop toying with us... please...

Irbian
31-12-2009, 23:34
Dont be mean, is not only DE, is all the other stuff what it matters here

So, we have the biggest rumour in last month (in quantity) and some people still complain XD

P.S. Message received, no more talking about how awesome GK Jetbikes will be :P

The God of Decay
31-12-2009, 23:45
I'd thank you Stickmonkey, but you honestly haven't given me anything I can hang my hat on. DE models and concept art, FOR REALS!? I haven't heard that one before. :rolleyes:

If you have something specific you can say, awesome, but otherwise just stop toying with us... please...

Wow, way to be ungrateful :wtf:

Seriously, just be thankful that he gave us AS MUCH as he did. It's not that easy to get more specific. Don't you understand? If he gave us the Specific release dates, product codes, etc for these products, guess what? HED GET FIRED! AYFKM?!?!?! U want more after that serious gushing of rumors!?

I think it would be neat if WH and GK were combined into one codex. an Inquisitorial battleforce... with plastic GK and sisters.

I'd love to see this necron dreadnought...that's basicaly what it is, they honestly couldn't come up with a new necron vehicle or something else, they had to make a necron dred-daemon thing...

and GK jetbikes?? ok, the fact that we've never seen astartes on jetbikes kinda makes me call bs on this one. Maybe Bike squadron, but not a jetbike.

I'd like to see GK psyker powers involving something chaosy. because, as we all know, GK are made to KNOW chaos, they are educated in it, and are probably as well versed (if not more) than your average chaos lord. So i'd love to see some kind of warp-effect inflicting itself upon a GK unit that used psychic abilities of some sort. eh, idk...

On the case of Dark Eldar, i Cant wait to see the Reaver Jetbike kit. If it looks like the one that was converted from an Eldar Jetbike, im gonna buy like 10 of em. Seriously, it was that awesome.

and Maybe in near future, Plastic Chaos Havocs? I'd love to see some plastic heavy weapons squads for chaos.

nutter862
31-12-2009, 23:58
Necrons+MC = scorpion.........

read the novels deep strike burrowing

Stickmonkey
01-01-2010, 00:01
I got to see the DH/WH character designs yesterday, there are about a dozen named inquisition, incl existing.

one looks like a gk chaplain.
a sister w what looks like twin arm mounted SBs.
a named preacher.
new concept for throne of judgement less like a converted dread.
sister w twin cat o nine tails.
confessor w a big staff w what looks like integrated flamer
named seraphin w new jump pack, more marine like (large jets) but retains some archaic details, also has sword and combi weapon
another gk named justicar, w 2 ended force weapon.
a gk vehicle based character.

VERITAS/AEQUITAS
01-01-2010, 00:08
@Stickmonkey: if you say "designs" - are we're talking about greens or pencil drawn concept pics?

Souleater
01-01-2010, 00:22
ok, the fact that we've never seen astartes on jetbikes kinda makes me call bs on this one.

There were SM on Jetbikes but possibly before you were born :D

@Stickmonkey: Thats great news. I really like the feel of the WH/DH armies. If GW are improving on what they have done with them before in the way they have done for other armies recently I may have to send the cat out to get a job! Thank you again for the information.

Might I ask if you can say roughly when GW hope to release the DE? Or if we might gets a kit or two before the main DE release?

Stickmonkey
01-01-2010, 00:31
@Stickmonkey: if you say "designs" - are we're talking about greens or pencil drawn concept pics?

mostly pre-modeling designs, some CAD images.

and GK jetbikes?? ok, the fact that we've never seen astartes on jetbikes kinda makes me call bs on this one. Maybe Bike squadron, but not a jetbike.

On the case of Dark Eldar, i Cant wait to see the Reaver Jetbike kit. If it looks like the one that was converted from an Eldar Jetbike, im gonna buy like 10 of em. Seriously, it was that awesome.

I have IG on jetbikes for crikees sake. SM on bikes were way old school, but sometime around 2nd Ed, all the jetbikes broke. :P

One of the concepts that DIDN'T make it for the DE jetbike looked a lot like the Cylon raiders from the recent Battlestar series. reaver sat hunched forward in the center with the "wings" extending around on either side. it did look cool, but the final design is cooler...

Cheers

cyphertheory
01-01-2010, 00:43
when you describe that all i can think is bat-plane lol

MadCowCrazy
01-01-2010, 00:45
Hey Stickmonkey, do the developers at GW read forums often?

The new vehicles for DH/SoB could you take a guess at whether they are elite, fast or heavy support?
Heard anything if Exorcists would become a squad choise seeing as how they are such an integral part of the SoB army that you cant really leave home with less than 2.
Any info on if they would be allowed to ally in new IG or SM units or variants? Like say any variant of the Leman Russ for instance.

Stickmonkey
01-01-2010, 00:49
Hey Stickmonkey, do the developers at GW read forums often?

The new vehicles for DH/SoB could you take a guess at whether they are elite, fast or heavy support?
Heard anything if Exorcists would become a squad choise seeing as how they are such an integral part of the SoB army that you cant really leave home with less than 2.
Any info on if they would be allowed to ally in new IG or SM units or variants? Like say any variant of the Leman Russ for instance.

I havent been privy to rules. So I dont know anything. But given GW trends, i would not count on any "allies" for inquisition coming from external codexes. Expect a new self contained Codex...eventually.

Disturbing_Clown
01-01-2010, 00:52
So you saw some non-sisters and GK models? I keep hearing that they wanted to focus on the sisters and grey knights themselves and that worries me that they would cut all the nice weird stuff you get with Inquisitors and Assassins and arco-flaggelants and the like. I do think the GK need some more diversity of units, but I hope it isn't at the cost of some of the Inquisitorial and Ecclesiarchical units. Also psyched to hear the Seraphim might be getting new models as they are one of the few sisters models I don't care for.

Oh, did you happen to see the plastic Daemon Prince sprues?

MarshallSam
01-01-2010, 00:56
Seriously, GK jetbikes!? I had told myself that I wasn't starting any new armies, that I would only focus on stuff I had and terrain, the idea of GKs getting some plastic treatment and jetbikes is just waaaay too tempting.

IcedAnimals
01-01-2010, 01:53
I got to see the DH/WH character designs yesterday, there are about a dozen named inquisition, incl existing.

a named preacher.
named seraphin w new jump pack, more marine like (large jets) but retains some archaic details, also has sword and combi weapon

StickMonkey my good boy. Lets have a seat and a chat. Care for a coffee? Sister concepts you say? Also when you say cat o nine tails. I can't possibly imagine anything "japanese" getting put into the sisters. So I have to assume you are talking about those whips that break apart into multiple heads at the top.

A new named Repentia Mistress? hmph.

The God of Decay
01-01-2010, 01:54
There were SM on Jetbikes but possibly before you were born :D

You don't know when i was born...:D

Sure i may not have seen 1st edition, but i think they realized that giving humans jetbikes was a mistake. And therefore corrected it with normal motorcycles. It makes sense that Xenos would have jetbikes, but not humans.

Haven't we learned something from Halo, IE Human Warthogs and Covenant Ghost?

Humans have a prevalection for piloting vehicles at unsafe velocities.

Also, jetbikes would be wayy to expensive for them to create. Bikes are cheaper to make and easier to operate.

Anywhos, I might pick up some regular Grey knight troops if they're plastic, convert them into chaos chosen seeing as chosen have no good models.

Also, i think grey knights in the night lords paint scheme looks cool, so, bleh.

@ stickymonkey, Any word on some Chaos HAvocs?

Ivellis
01-01-2010, 02:30
Also, jetbikes would be wayy to expensive for them to create. Bikes are cheaper to make and easier to operate.

This is the Grey Knights we're talking about, not some random IG regiment, I doubt GK have a budget.

Besides Sammael has a human jetbike in the current game, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility, though I do think it would suck to take away his uniqueness by giving GK jetbikes.

Spectral Dragon
01-01-2010, 02:43
Yeah, and one not very "monstrous" IMO for one so labeled. A big Necron Dread with living armour like the Monolith would be *way* cool. Imagine a Necron dread with AV14 all around? *Very* sweet!

I'm most interested in the WH/DH new stuff though. Good to hear they are actually working on them. Plastic GKTs would be nice, though I have to confess the metals are just plain sweet and it would be hard to top them for detail alone.

Cheers, Gary

Why am I the only one who seems to like Tomb Spiders:confused:

Dreads would not fit the Necron Theme. Necrons are fully technology based using fear tactics. The Dread does not fit in with this.

Also, it has allready been said in this thread by stickmonkey that it's a plastic TS

Hashshashin
01-01-2010, 02:45
This is the Grey Knights we're talking about, not some random IG regiment, I doubt GK have a budget.

Besides Sammael has a human jetbike in the current game, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility, though I do think it would suck to take away his uniqueness by giving GK jetbikes.

You must not play DA's because we're pretty much the red-headed step child of trying things out that other codexs get a better version of later... So giving the "one-of-a-kind-uber-cool-only-one-left-in-the-Imperium-jetbike" to another army in which anyone can field them would just be par for the course at this point, and come on GK jet bikes would be SWEEEET! :evilgrin:

Man when it rains it pours, finally some rumours bouncing around for something... Even if they end up being mostly not true I feel excited about upcoming GW stuff mre than I have in months! (except the Fortress of Redemption, but that was a rumour back when PS was coming out)

dienekes96
01-01-2010, 02:55
Stickmonkey, many thanks for the information.

Some random thoughts:

1) Can't wait to see any of the DE material. Love Goodwin models, and he has obviously lavished a lot of love on these.
2) I've always been interested in GK Chaplains, hopefully that one will get a sculpt.
3) Hope some of the Missions SM characters are Space Wolves, but that is just a personal wish.
4) New Cypher sculpt lying around? This didn't come from Stickmonkey, but it stuck in my head. It's such a great concept, but the model isn't so great (3rd edition - EARLY 3rd). There was concept art (Gallagher) with the DA release.
5) Plastic upgrade sprues for the major Chaos Legions is now my most desired plastic set (well, specifically Emperor's Children). Hopefully these become a reality. I also want FW Terminator bits for them, but I digress.

Thanks again. Love discussing rumors, especially on models.

Edit: I've been hoping for a Necron Harvester since 2002. They had concept art (by Goodwin) on the website those many years ago, but I forgot to save it. It was a long chariot (hovering) concept for the Necrons. Looked awesome. Wasn't a MC though.

Ivellis
01-01-2010, 03:09
You must not play DA's

Dark Angels were my first army. ;)

Krovin-Rezh
01-01-2010, 06:11
Dont be mean, is not only DE, is all the other stuff what it matters here

So, we have the biggest rumour in last month (in quantity) and some people still complain XD

P.S. Message received, no more talking about how awesome GK Jetbikes will be :P

Wow, way to be ungrateful :wtf:

Seriously, just be thankful that he gave us AS MUCH as he did. It's not that easy to get more specific. Don't you understand? If he gave us the Specific release dates, product codes, etc for these products, guess what? HED GET FIRED! AYFKM?!?!?! U want more after that serious gushing of rumors!?

Down Fido. I'm not complaining about the rest of the rumors, just the DE ones. If there's nothing to report (and obviously there isn't), then don't tease us. That's all. That is not being ungrateful or mean, that's just asking for common courtesy for a fan community that has been suffering for years listening to this same hollow promise.

And I'm not just going to bow down and be thankful, because he hasn't given me anything. I'm not being pessimistic, but anyone can post vague information on the internet.

shabbadoo
01-01-2010, 07:01
He's not teasing, just meantioning what he can. By the explanations for what stickmonkey posted, that is more than obvious.

Anyways...

Dang. I read the thread from the most recent posts backwards, so I missed the context regarding "Sammael". Still cool stuff though, and I am not surprised by it at all. GK are a woefully inept force so far as handling different types of enemies is concerned, and need some serious expansion in their unit types.

chaos0xomega
01-01-2010, 07:31
Hey stickmonkey, I dont really want to join the chorus of people demanding confirmation of stuff, but somethings been bugging me for a bit:

are we going to be seeing anything more for apocalypse like Reload (as in, another book, rather than more free website/White Dwarf sheets)?

Ozybonza
01-01-2010, 07:33
You mentioned "Sammuel" and a GK vehicle based character - are you alluding to the same thing or are these two different things?

Darthvegeta800
01-01-2010, 08:28
Seriously, GK jetbikes!? I had told myself that I wasn't starting any new armies, that I would only focus on stuff I had and terrain, the idea of GKs getting some plastic treatment and jetbikes is just waaaay too tempting.

If they give it a 'knightly' edge kinda like Powerlances or the likes... that would be VERY cool!!! (if executed well)
Would be cool if they took on some sort of AT role.

MajorWesJanson
01-01-2010, 08:34
Grey Knight bikers seem to have some useful roles, to flank and harry the edges of a daemonic horde, to zip in and hit more powerful daemons surrounded by lesser ones, or to chase down and destroy the faster daemons like screamers.

appearance wise, I wonder if they would look somewhat like the FW GK Strike cruiser.

on an OT note, I wonder if Shrouding will be changed from a LOS thing to a built in cover save from targets at range plus 5+ psychic save like Wolves have.

Voss
01-01-2010, 08:57

Thats particularly amusing since random IG regiments used to have jetbikes. Not that jetbikes then worked like jetbikes now...

Harry
01-01-2010, 09:00
If there's nothing to report (and obviously there isn't), then don't tease us. That's all. That is not being ungrateful or mean, that's just asking for common courtesy for a fan community that has been suffering for years listening to this same hollow promise.

And I'm not just going to bow down and be thankful, because he hasn't given me anything. I'm not being pessimistic, but anyone can post vague information on the internet.
Theres plenty to report .... he is just not doing it. :D

Posting vague information on the internet??? What kind of person would do that? :D

So far warseer knows they are coming (even though they still more than six months away) We know that the plastics are finished. We know that like the Eldar almost the entire range has been re-sculpted. (Even the stuff that was alright!) so we can look forward to a very unified and much improved army. We know that the majority of the sculpting has been done by Jes Goodwin (it does not get any better than that) We know that he has been supported by Juan Diaz (amongst others) if he has had anything to do with the wytches (sp?) then we are in for a treat after his Deamonettes.

AND we now have an eye witness account who says they look good ... and evil. :evilgrin:

This is as much as we have ever known about an army at this stage.
What did we know about Nids 12 months out? Orks? SM?

What is it you expect to hear exactly all these months before release?

Arvendragon
01-01-2010, 09:05
Dark Angels don't have ANYTHING unique left if the Jetbike is taken away.
All they had before was Deathwing and Ravenwing. Ravenwing was replaced by standard Marine bikes. Deathwing replaced by Wolfwing (PUpwing :D). This would be the last straw.

Those are great news man, but like some said, the first post is confirmed, the second is all rumors right?

Where did the rumor of plastic Thunderhawk come from anways?

Born Again
01-01-2010, 09:07
Just wondering about the Flash Gitz, wonder if these are entirely new or the finished version of this (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104210) version we saw a while ago (scroll down to bottom of thread).

Harry
01-01-2010, 09:09
Where did the rumor of plastic Thunderhawk come from anways?

Yeti, Loch Ness monster, plastic Thunderhawk .....

Arvendragon
01-01-2010, 09:15
Yeti, Lochness monster, plastic Thunderhawk .....

Ah yeah, along with things like the Dark Eldar codex, right?
:cries:

The God of Decay
01-01-2010, 09:27
Ah yeah, along with things like the Dark Eldar codex, right?
:cries:

But, they've been confirmed as being redone by the end of 2010, or beginning of 2011, so they're not a pipe dream, they're reality.

If they made a plastic thunderhawk, I'd want it to be ACTUAL game scale! not tiny like the Tyranid Tinygon! :evilgrin:

Really, the trygon should be big enough to lift a titan!

The Ginger Ninja
01-01-2010, 09:52
Thanks stickmonkey, please don't put your job on the line for us, I also applaud you for asking GW what you can put on the net, now if only every GW employee did that... :D
And for all those saying necron dread, think: no new codex coming out for a while, we have everything in our book so far, (unlike IG) so the only thing we could get turned into plastic as far as MC goes: C'tan (hugely unlikely, with all the rumors about them being pushed into the deep end (apocalypse)) or Tomb spyders. anyway stickmonkey has said Plastic TS. but that may come out with a new necron codex, if we get one this year. my thinking is that the model will be released sooner this year then later, because GW are hardly likely to release a new 'cron model if the codex is right around the corner
Lets hope stickmonkey is genuine, if not :mad: X How many wargamers on the net
Anyway good work stickmonkey keep up the efforts

Arvendragon
01-01-2010, 09:55
I really want a more "sleek" Crisis suit.
Kinda more in tune with the Fish, and a bit more like Gundam I guess. Especially the Strike/Freedom etc.

MajorWesJanson
01-01-2010, 10:06
Dark Angels don't have ANYTHING unique left if the Jetbike is taken away.
All they had before was Deathwing and Ravenwing. Ravenwing was replaced by standard Marine bikes. Deathwing replaced by Wolfwing (PUpwing :D). This would be the last straw.

They would be losing it to the Grey Knights, the other part of the Imperium that could feasably have Jetbikes still. It's not just DA whjo have things stolen from them. Both the Sword of Secrets and NFWs were blended into Relic blades.

Even though they are Codex, there is a lot DA could gain and take back.

meneptah
01-01-2010, 10:31
TBH im really looking forward to a flow of decent releases coming out this year, just looking at the list wants to make my wallet cry tho...

Iverald
01-01-2010, 10:34
Told ya that DA players would be moaning. :p

Gutzmek
01-01-2010, 10:56
inquisition...look at dark heresy.

sm...look at wolves and space hulk.

a named preacher.

Thank you :D

Usagi3
01-01-2010, 11:01
Many thanks Stickmonkey ! Any news about the Inquisition are good news.

only joking...
01-01-2010, 11:52

I love you Harry! :D

MajorWesJanson
01-01-2010, 12:14

2 of those 3 have pictures and/or video of them... ;)