PDA

View Full Version : Daemons wave(s)

Grimstonefire
01-01-2010, 15:35
As it's the same models and he didn't copy it over I might as well. Note that hopefully these may all come in 2010, but some may not.

NOTE: Some of this may or may not be wishlisting, or a collection of existing rumours (not by me).

plastic Greater demon (edit: Plastic Daemon Prince)
plastic nurgle warriors (edit: Plague bearers)
plastic tzeetch flyers
plastic horrors
plastic/metal (conflicting rumors) slaanesh riders
characters

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4252023&postcount=26

He also clarified that it was the DP he saw which we all know about already. Plastic Greater daemons would have been better though :cries:

The Screamers (presuming that's what they are?) is a new one for me, and I hadn't expected to see the horrors for years.

Edit: Still not sure which characters.

Jiggy
01-01-2010, 15:44
The horrors are the main problem.They are too expensive right now to be spammed.The fluff of my army is...countless horrors...countless horrors cost...my appartment...

The SkaerKrow
01-01-2010, 17:30
Didn't Harry (I believe) recently debunk the potential of us seeing plastic Plaguebearers anytime soon? This all feels like a retread of something that's already been discussed (and dismissed) before.

baphomael
01-01-2010, 17:49
As for the slaanesh riders, dont we know they are going to be plastic already? Arnt the pics floating about here on warseer already?

Harry
01-01-2010, 18:08
Note that hopefully these may all come in 2010, but some may not.
Some may not even exist. :D

Grimstonefire
01-01-2010, 18:15

...Yet.

From what I gather the guy saw concept art etc for things that are a long way away.

The DP and seekers are old news, but this is rumour discussion and there are some things that have not been discussed for a while. ;)

If my question on plaguebearers and horrors gets answered I will put the reply here.

Having this thread is also handy for those that don't want to venture ... up there ...

Edit: I have edited the title to be wave(s), so eventually I will be correct!

szlachcic
01-01-2010, 23:19
...Yet.

From what I gather the guy saw concept art etc for things that are a long way away.

The DP and seekers are old news, but this is rumour discussion and there are some things that have not been discussed for a while. ;)

If my question on plaguebearers and horrors gets answered I will put the reply here.

Having this thread is also handy for those that don't want to venture ... up there ...

If you look at his comments in that post once again you will see that he was just compiling rumors that he has heard about various projects, and like Harry said, some of these are not even in production. His initial post contains all the info on models that he has actually seen (as well as concept art and 3-ups) or has heard about from sources.

Paraelix
01-01-2010, 23:42

He did say in that post that it was a combo of what he'd seen and rumours that are already flying around... He couldn't specify which cos it might cost him his job.

The SkaerKrow
02-01-2010, 01:05
He did say in that post that it was a combo of what he'd seen and rumours that are already flying around... He couldn't specify which cos it might cost him his job.Right, but what Harry seems to be implying is that some of what has been mentioned isn't even in pre-production. If an artist at GW sketches a Plaguebearer, it doesn't mean that we have a Plaguebearer kit somewhere in the pipe.

Grimstonefire
02-01-2010, 01:23
As it is vaguely relevant I saw concept art (as in a basic sketch) of a nurgle herald in Mark Bedfords sketch book at games day uk last year. Looked more muscular and with big spikes coming out of it's back, for anyone that was curious. I asked him about whether they planned to do a nurgle daemon prince (like the khorne double act) but he said no imminent plans.

TheDarkDuke
02-01-2010, 01:42
Adding to Paraelix

Reading the OP of this info, he stated these with his long list as simply things he had heard as possible. His shorter list of things he actually saw did not include anything regarding these Daemon ones.

Darnok
02-01-2010, 09:55
Chaos concept art does not have to be linked to a Daemon book. I'm wildly speculating here, as I know of no details whatsoever, but a "Plague Bearer" sketch might be for either of the Deamon armies, or for Chaos Space Marines, or it might even be something misinterpreted for Beastmen (they have Bestigors blessed be the gods, right?).

And both the Deamons books are from 2008, so they might be already in the very earliest stages of redo.

Harry
02-01-2010, 10:06
When they do the concept art they do concepts for everything they are thinking of doing and a whole bunch of stuff that does not exist. THEN they make decisions about what stuff does and does not get made. The existence of concept art is no indication that a model will get made. (Or re-made if it is something that exists already).

Furthermore even if it does 'get the nod' and gets sculpted the sculpts might still not 'make the cut' and might not go into production.

Hoarmurel
02-01-2010, 12:19
This is really interesting. It is possible to know if those plastic horrors will be released eventually this year? I'm doing a project of a Tzeentch daemon army so I would like to know if I may wait or I can spend the money now shameless :D

A little-cryptic reply would be enough for me :p

Voss
03-01-2010, 02:39
...Yet.

Yes he did, but not these things. Read his post: the post he (stickmonkey) started the thread with are things he saw, the post you are quoting is rumours he has seen kicking around.

He did not say those daemons are happening. In fact, daemons aren't in the list of things he actually saw.

In the interest of not spreading inaccurate information, please edit your OP so that in several months we don't have a whinefest about these things not actually appearing.

So obviously not all this can fit in a march release. some of it is probably no more than fan rabidity/wishlisting. I will say not to expect more than about 6 new boxed sets to come out with the missions book. Possibly a few blisters as well.

Harry
03-01-2010, 09:31
In the interest of not spreading inaccurate information, please edit your OP so that in several months we don't have a whinefest about these things not actually appearing.
Yes. This.

That list and what is coming for daemons have very little to do with each other.

And when most of that stuff does NOT appear will they remember it was stickmonkey that said it? No. They will be annoyed with Gamesworkshop for not delivering and with Warseer for telling them it was coming.

Grimstonefire
03-01-2010, 10:47
I have edited the first post.

Fortunately by providing the link to the existing post people can make their own judgement about this.

I.e. take with a fair bit of salt if you are expecting things to appear soon.

I'm not aware of a thread here that is only about a wave of daemons, snippets here and there, but not one thread to discuss things.

Arador
03-01-2010, 20:57
And when most of that stuff does NOT appear will they remember it was stickmonkey that said it? No. They will be annoyed with Gamesworkshop for not delivering and with Warseer for telling them it was coming.

Precisely. People should be using their heads and not giving this Stickmonkey person the benefit of doubt, because so far we have nothing that's not inconsistent with him being a liar.

Sarevok
03-01-2010, 23:40
Daemons will probably not get a "wave" like the recent Empire or Orks, but just a few models released during an expansion or something.
Aside from the DP, Seekers and the Changeling I don't expect anything else soon for them.

Scelerat
04-01-2010, 00:35
Precisely. People should be using their heads and not giving this Stickmonkey person the benefit of doubt, because so far we have nothing that's not inconsistent with him being a liar.
What is exactly the problem of giving someone "the benefit of the doubt"? So far Stickmonkey has provided some sensible rumours. We all doubt everything and that's sensible too, but getting that snobby attitude towards people who bring the few rumours we still have here on Warseer doesn't make you clever.

orlanth1000
04-01-2010, 09:02
Actually if you read his OP in the 40k rumours thread, it gives you reasonable background to why he is actually believable and that in account of liking his job, he actually states that some of his OP is not true, so he isn't to specific to get him in trouble.

In fact after reading your post in the Mantic thread Arador, it looks like you woke up of the wrong side of the bed today.

Avian
04-01-2010, 15:04
... he actually states that some of his OP is not true, so he isn't to specific to get him in trouble.
Awfully kind of someone to protect their job by spreading misinformation on a gaming forum, is it not? :D

static grass
04-01-2010, 15:15
Awfully kind of someone to protect their job by spreading misinformation on a gaming forum, is it not? :D

He probably should not have shot is bolt immediately after going on a tour round the studio then :D

Oh well, Harry has not shot the whole lot down so he must know that some of it is true.

Avian
04-01-2010, 16:16
Yes, but we knew those parts already.

orlanth1000
05-01-2010, 18:42
To be fair Avian, I just went and read through the whole 40K 2010 model rumour thread, and I stand corrected....I will man up and say I'm sorry and that I was mistaken.

New years promise....stop being so nice and stick up for people.......

Anyway, back on topic....are we expecting the plastic Demon Prince to be released this year?

Harry
05-01-2010, 21:06
I have been trying to urge caution. But folks do seem to believe what they want to believe.

What is exactly the problem of giving someone "the benefit of the doubt"? So far Stickmonkey has provided some sensible rumours. We all doubt everything and that's sensible too, but getting that snobby attitude towards people who bring the few rumours we still have here on Warseer doesn't make you clever.
You could sit down and make up some sensible rumours if you wanted to.

What is not clever is coming to a forum like this and posting it.
All it is doing is getting a bunch of folks very excited about stuff that isn't happening.

When does that get fun?

Actually if you read his OP in the 40k rumours thread, it gives you reasonable background to why he is actually believable and that in account of liking his job, he actually states that some of his OP is not true, so he isn't to specific to get him in trouble.
Given some fo the other stuff he is making up the fact that he can make up "a reasonable background to to why he is actually believable" is no big thing!

He probably should not have shot is bolt immediately after going on a tour round the studio then :D

Oh well, Harry has not shot the whole lot down so he must know that some of it is true.
Studio was closed for the holidays on the day he claims to have been in there.
There was no tours that day. No meetings. No one was there.
The doubt starts line one.

The stuff that is true is the stuff we already know to be true. (Seekers, Heralds, DP).

orlanth1000
06-01-2010, 00:32
As I'v said, I'm sorry I was wrong, I'v read the entire 2010 forum, yes I got sucked in, I'm human...etc, etc

Demon prince info please anyone?

Hatemonger
06-01-2010, 06:07
Given some fo the other stuff he is making up the fact that he can make up "a reasonable background to to why he is actually believable" is no big thing!
Careful now, that's a tall accusation to make. Calling someone out on shoddy rumors is one thing. Suggesting malicious deception is another.

I went back through his posts after I read this. I cannot find where he says he was in the studio. He says he saw things, or was shown things, or was told things. All of those can certainly happen in a business setting, especially if his dealings are not actually with the studio. For instance, I do not see why those could not be contained in a presentation from the licensing folks.

Do you have information which would be reasonable proof of intentional falsehood? You don't have to state what it is - I'll take your word - but I'm curious what makes you so certain when I thought you usually say "nothing is set in stone".

You don't have to give any credibility to the quality of his info, but personally I would prefer to at least give the person the benefit of the doubt.

- H8

Lord Dan
06-01-2010, 06:28
Do you have information which would be reasonable proof of intentional falsehood? You don't have to state what it is - I'll take your word - but I'm curious what makes you so certain when I thought you usually say "nothing is set in stone".

So far all I've heard from Harry is concern that we were being mislead. Anything more, I believe, is being entirely inferred on your part.

Harry
06-01-2010, 08:16
Careful now, that's a tall accusation to make. Calling someone out on shoddy rumors is one thing. Suggesting malicious deception is another.

I went back through his posts after I read this. I cannot find where he says he was in the studio. He says he saw things, or was shown things, or was told things. All of those can certainly happen in a business setting, especially if his dealings are not actually with the studio. For instance, I do not see why those could not be contained in a presentation from the licensing folks.

You don't have to give any credibility to the quality of his info, but personally I would prefer to at least give the person the benefit of the doubt.

- H8
Yes, you are probably right I have worded it a bit strongly. I have just been getting increasingly 'bothered' by that thread as i see so many people getting so excited about stuff I know is not happening.

Normally it is just some scrap of info. It doesn't matter much if it is right or wrong. But when someone posts so much and so much of it is wrong it makes you wonder what they are up to.

He didn't say directly he had been in the studio but he said he had seen 3-ups. The ONLY place they have 3-ups is in the studio sculpting department, or in tooling, so you would have to access to those areas to see anything that is in progress. Well that didn't happen.

Even if IP was shared with in "a presentation from the licensing folks". The concept work might have nothing to do with what will actually make it into an army book or appear as a sculpt.

chaos0xomega
06-01-2010, 08:25
To be fair, he did state that he was a GW employee, or someone involved with GW(I think the implication was that he was involved with the moldmaking/tooling process in some way)

...but if Harry says he knows this stuff aint happenin', it aint happenin.

Grimstonefire
06-01-2010, 11:07
The stuff that is true is the stuff we already know to be true. (Seekers, Heralds, DP).

The comment in the other thread was characters, so cheers for this Harry. Which heralds are getting models?

Hatemonger
07-01-2010, 06:25
So far all I've heard from Harry is concern that we were being mislead. Anything more, I believe, is being entirely inferred on your part.
Well, in the post I quoted, I thought Harry clearly used several variations on the phrase "making things up", which to me implies intent to create false information. One does not "make things up" by accident.

But, I will follow my own advice and give the benefit of the doubt, and move on. :)

I have just been getting increasingly 'bothered' by that thread as i see so many people getting so excited about stuff I know is not happening.
Yes, I know. It irritates me too, but that's mostly my disgust at the general lack of reading comprehension. :p

I think you said it best earlier: People believe what they want to believe. Start that off by not reading every post (understandably, with over 600 already), and not reading them clearly, and you might as well generate the replies with infinite monkeys and typewriters.

To be fair, he did state that he was a GW employee, or someone involved with GW(I think the implication was that he was involved with the moldmaking/tooling process in some way)
Hmm... so, chaos0xomega thinks he works in mold making. Harry thought he was on a tour of the studio. Sounds like there might be some slight differences of interpretation on a few details. :angel: So what did he actually say?

Yesterday I got to look at some of the new WIP items for 2010 and beyond.

First, designs and drawings dont mean much.
Even a mini in hand does not a product make.
Second, my involvement is as an outsider. I am not, nor have I ever been a GW employee.
To me, that sounds no different than, say, the binder of CAD screencaps that was shown at Games Day(s) a few years back. No promises that it will come to be, and certainly no timeline, just "this is some cool stuff we've been tinkering with."

As for which company he might work for, I have my own set of guesses, but I should probably not contribute any more fuel to the speculation fire, and I don't mean to turn this into a continuation of the other thread. I just want to hear about what new demon gribblies might be in the pipe.

The comment in the other thread was characters, so cheers for this Harry. Which heralds are getting models?
Yes, now, what about these then? :D

- H8

Lord Dan
07-01-2010, 06:46

Nice find, GSF!

Loketh Latheliu
08-01-2010, 05:37
The horrors are the main problem.They are too expensive right now to be spammed.The fluff of my army is...countless horrors...countless horrors cost...my appartment...
Well i saw a guy who took plastic ghouls, left the heads off, and painted the balls for the head socket as eyes. With fantastic colors for the whole army. It was a great look and much cheaper than metal.

Harry
08-01-2010, 09:47
Bugger!

Yes, now, what about these then? :D
Bugger!

Nice find, GSF!
Bugger!

We didn't know about that then?

static grass
08-01-2010, 10:25

Wow I did not know he had told you this. Even so he has no reason to tell you the truth and every reason not to :shifty:

Forgive me I am not going to reread everything to see what you said and what he said to find out who said what first. But the fact you haven't called him out as a liar means he must know something and is not just recycling rumours.

In fairness Harry your not a GW employee either, your GW handlers tell you what you need to know. You yourself only know what is happening upto a few months a head, so you can't categorically say what wont happen.

He posted in the 40K forums which suggests he might not be that much into WFB and was less interested in finding rumours about it. He only posted abit about WFB, the fact we (you) knew it already doesn't dimish anything.

Grimstonefire
08-01-2010, 11:00
@Harry
We do now ;) It may be that most people knew about them, but I've tried to follow the rumours fairly closely and I don't remember any mentions of heralds specifically.

It will be interesting to see whether they release the parts to make BSB heralds in the same box, or just do two models for each.

I'm presuming these are all ones on foot, as bringing out new mounted heralds with option for BSB would be just too awesome to consider.

In terms of characters it's probably only Changeling & Scribes. So at least Tzeentch will get a herald worthy model.

Harry
08-01-2010, 13:52
Wow I did not know he had told you this. Even so he has no reason to tell you the truth and every reason not to :shifty:

Forgive me I am not going to reread everything to see what you said and what he said to find out who said what first. But the fact you haven't called him out as a liar means he must know something and is not just recycling rumours.

In fairness Harry your not a GW employee either, your GW handlers tell you what you need to know. You yourself only know what is happening upto a few months a head, so you can't categorically say what wont happen.

He posted in the 40K forums which suggests he might not be that much into WFB and was less interested in finding rumours about it. He only posted abit about WFB, the fact we (you) knew it already doesn't dimish anything.
Look mate you and I have been knocking around this forum together for a while now and I am not the least bit interested in falling out with you or anybody else here over this. I was trying to help not pick a fight.

I have no idea where he gets his info. I do know that a great deal of what he has posted and what is actually coming (for fantasy and 40K) have nothing to do with each other.

All I have tried to do is urge caution up there in the 40K section so folks do not get upset when most of what he is talking about does not appear in book or models. However, for whatever reason, possibly because I do not hang out in the 40K section so much, my posts have done little to stem the enthusiasm generated.

When Grimstonefire started this thread here which was copied and pasted from up there I thought at least here my track record here might be enough to at least stop my fellow fantasy fans getting all excited about a great big release that is not going to happen. (I think Scyer has me sigged as saying "it is no fun for me seeing folks here getting all upset about stuff i know is not happening" Equally it is no fun seeing folks get all excited about stuff I know is not happening.

I do not have any "GW handlers". No one tells me "what I need to know". Some of you guys really have a very funny idea about my relationship with GW.

I know enough to know that what he is saying about the "Inquisition Codex" is wrong and what he is saying about the minis is wrong.

Should I keep quiet and let folks get disappointed and upset with GW and Warseer?
Not to mention having to read for the next several months about why things have been "pushed back" that were never even in the schedule ... or never existed???

Or should I try and give my friends here the 'word of caution' I have?

NOW ... having said all that Stickmonkey has to his credit responded to a PM I sent him and tried, in a recent post on that 2010 thread, to throw some water on the flames a bit. (So I guess he is not trying to deliberately put anybody wrong).

I honestly don't see how I get to be the bad guy in this.
How is this any different to me killing the Necron rumours up in the 40K section when the whole forum was all excited that they were just around the corner?

I am not trying to spoil anybodies fun or corner the rumours market.
I am just trying to keep things within the realms of possibility.

pjklan
08-01-2010, 14:21
this one is the most sensible post i have read on this or any other forum in all these years.
harry really deserves a virtual handshake.
and of course, being this post absolutely sensible, people will mock it and harry himself.
that's the way life goes...

static grass
08-01-2010, 15:28
Hi Harry, I am not trying to cook trouble between us. My issue is with the essential logic of situation and the treatment of rumour posters.

No one knows more than 3 months in advance what is happening. This is the logic that you yourself prescribe to.

But for example...

When you say that

"I know enough to know that what he is saying about the Inquisition Codex is wrong and what he is saying about the minis is wrong."

It must mean that Codex Inquisition is within the 3 months window for you to be able to say that AND for it to fit with the Logic stated above.

That might be true, in which case we are all much obliged to you.

Now given that you are quite adamant about this I can only assume you know much more than the 3 month window, because StickMonkey's post covers all of 2010. Unless of course the Codex Inquisition is coming out in a few months...

None of this is a problem for me, but I do get concerned when a rumour poster's credibilty gets salami sliced slowly but surely. I quote you "Doubt starts line one".

As for sending people PMs to "throw water on the flames"? To his credit he did what you told him to?

I can only assume that I am the one who has lost perspective on the situation here.

Grimstonefire
08-01-2010, 16:08
I have requested that this thread be locked or moved, for lack of content.

I was hoping there would be more info about the things not discussed before, but as they've been debunked for the short-medium term as wishlisting, there is not any really substantial left in this thread that was not known before.

So, for clarity:

Daemon Prince, Seekers, Characters seem to be very likely to be coming out soon.

Horrors, Plaguebearers, Screamers and plastic greater daemons (if that was written as intended), very unlikely to come out any time in the next couple of years at least (some may not have even been started yet).

The Heralds thing (thanks to Harry ;)) is interesting, but we can start a new thread for them near the time. I, like the next guy, dislike having threads with no content in the rumours section, and this is one of them (unfortunately).

Scryer in the Darkness
08-01-2010, 16:17
I have requested that this thread be locked or moved, for lack of content.
You're the OP, you can lock it yourself under 'Additional Options' when you go Advanced edit of the first post.

EDIT - I was going to weigh in on the whole "no one knows more than 3 months in advance what is happening" thing, but just couldn't be bothered.

Gharnukk
23-01-2010, 15:35
I heard that the Daemon prince was supposed to be released in May 2009, I was playing Warriors oc Chaos and was stoked when I saw the pictures in the armybbok. Then I waited, and waited, aaaaand waited...

Nilhouse
25-01-2010, 19:46
I don't suppose anyone has heard anything about the Plastic Demon Princes? I've been waiting on these for over a year it feels like.

R-Love
25-01-2010, 20:35
I don't suppose anyone has heard anything about the Plastic Demon Princes? I've been waiting on these for over a year it feels like.

It actually has been over a year, so it should feel like it. :) I believe Harry dropped a hint that It's in the next couple of months (ie, before the next book), but I may have imagined that. I'll double check, and both prince and seekers were shown at Games Day, so it's not that unreasonable

EDIT: Found it!

Just to make sure Harry, (not that I doubt you) when you say that TK are not next, do you mean the next book or the next release? (Daemon second wave, for example)

Just to be clear ... BOTH. :D

Read into that what you will

Sarevok
25-01-2010, 22:30
Read into that what you will

Tomb Kings won't be the next book or the next release. So nothing about daemons then.

Grimstonefire
25-01-2010, 23:19
Quick google fu, and it looks like April

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=148037

The lord level characters are not happening this time around I believe. Shame.

Darnok
25-01-2010, 23:22

The lord level characters are not happening this time around I believe.

Well, considering that they speak of April/May 2009, I must have missed something. ;)

Sarevok
25-01-2010, 23:22

The lord level characters are not happening this time around I believe. Shame.

April 09 that post says

Grimstonefire
25-01-2010, 23:24
Whoops... April 2010 seems more realistic (considering battle missions etc). Guess I am still a google fu novice then. ;)

Sarevok
25-01-2010, 23:30
Only IG, Marines and Orks were mtnioned as getting new kits for battle missions. April 2011 may be a closer estimate.

Darnok
25-01-2010, 23:40
To be honest here: I believe in new Daemon releases the moment I can buy them, not a second earlier...