PDA

View Full Version : Problems with online FW orders?

cuda1179
02-01-2010, 13:54
So, I've been trying to place an order with Forgeworld. I add an item, but when I go to checkout no items are in my "shopping cart." Anyone else having these problems?

Magos Explorator
02-01-2010, 18:06
Try using a different web browser; I had that problem once with Google Chrome but switching to Firefox worked. Or try clearing your cookies.

The other option is phoning the order through, although as you're in the USA you'd have to be mindful of the time difference!

carlospictor
02-01-2010, 20:10
Just been to www.forgeworld.co.uk and tried to order a few items, but each time, when I go to check out, the basket is empty.

I've tried in Firefox 3, IE7 and Google Chrome (checking Javascript and Cookies enabled on each) and yet no joy.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? I've tried looking for a contact email at Forgeworld, but know from other posters that they don't tend to reply to enquiry emails.

t-tauri
02-01-2010, 21:21
Two therads merged.

Patriarch
02-01-2010, 21:54
Made an order new year's eve without any problem. Maybe it's messed up with the increased VAT on Jan 1st and hasn't been sorted out yet.

MasterModakai
02-01-2010, 22:03
This happens from time to time with their shopping cart. It'll start working again after a bit. Most I have seen it act like this was about a day.

enygma7
02-01-2010, 23:46
I've encountered problems caused by Norton Antivirus, but that normally involves you submitting an order which turns out to be blank. You might want to try turning off any internet protection software you are using in case it is interfering.

rich1231
02-01-2010, 23:49
Some AV and security packages can make the website think you are a search engine bot and refuse to let you checkout.

Mannimarco
02-01-2010, 23:51
I ordered stuff from forgeworld a few weeks ago and didnt have a problem at all, I ve just went to the site and am now having the same problem as you guys

its a problem on their end, not yours

-=Lazuli=-
04-01-2010, 02:41
Try saving the shopping cart.

carlospictor
04-01-2010, 10:45
Try saving the shopping cart.

Thanks, but what do you mean? Adding an item shows the cart briefly, then redirects you back to the page you were on.

Adding another item, shows you the cart again (with one item in it) before doing the redirect.

Clicking the basket icon then shows you the basket, explaining that it is empty.

Have tried phoning, but not got through.

-=Lazuli=-
05-01-2010, 02:22
It's working for me. On the left side there is a sign that looks like:

Items:999
Value:$99999

Do you see that after putting in items? In the top right hand corner you can acess the cart and from there there is a tab to save it. And the last one saved can be loaded. If the problem in they keep going away, I don't know. Try loading a cart to see if it saved. This happened to me before. Oh the load button is retrieve.

carlospictor
05-01-2010, 17:53
Yay, the site is all working fine and got my order placed.

I noted that previously (by doing a screen print before re-direction) the total boxes had some variable names printed directly into them, so it may have been an error with the VAT changes or something.