PDA

View Full Version : Alternative weapons and models

captain malak khan
02-01-2010, 14:28
Ok first off im sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere before which i bet it has i just cant seem to find it anywhere.

I am planning on buying the space hulk box set but most come without the models now off e-bay or are ridiculously expensive, i am also on planning on building a space wolves force but what i need to no to save on buying multiple models is do the terminators need to be armed exactly as they are in the 2 squads of terminators supplied in the box? ie mostly storm bolter and powerfist or can i mix and match alot of power weapons in there and wolf claws which i would use as power weapons in game.

Thanks for any input

Patriarch
02-01-2010, 16:07
You can definately have a wolfy theme but really the models should be armed with what they are supposed to be armed with, i.e.:
1 x pair of Lightning claws/wolf claws
1 x TH/SS combo
1 x Chainfist/Storm Bolter
1 x Assault cannon/Power fist
1 x Flamer/power fist
1 x power sword/SB (although Logan Grimnar would do for this)
1 x librarian with force weapon/SB (although termie Njal would do for this)
5 x SB/PF.

Wolf claws would just be lightning claws, but only 1 model in the SH set has them.
At a push you might use power axes and the like as power fists, but don't use swords as these have a specific function in the game.
Chainfists are a little odd in that in the scenarios in the boxed game, the CF has no effect different to a regular PF, so wouldn't be the end of the world if you mixed them up a bit.

captain malak khan
02-01-2010, 21:11
Thanks very much at least now i know will just make my 40k terminators armed like the space hulk ones to save buying two sets of terminators.

Planning on making the thunder hammer guy into Arjac Rockfist and maybe the sergeant into a space wolf lord or battle leader.

Znail
03-01-2010, 00:23
The original SH models have lots of bling so it wont look out of place to use a character for any of them.

wilsongrahams
03-01-2010, 19:57
It wouldn't matter too much if you used different weapons, as the weapons are already different from the same missions in the original version. The Deathwing supplement also helps out with making things equal.

If you have more close combat terminators, you will suffer, as they are no match for a regular terminator. As mentioned, the chainfist is negligible. A Sword gives an advantage, but not as much as being a sergeant does no matter what weapon the sergeant has. And you should stick to one flamer and one assault cannon, as otherwise you tend to suffer on certain missions where one is needed or has a major advantage over the other. Flamer best if you're running away, assault cannon best if the broodlord wants to hug you.

You could always get three units allowing you to give them weapons suitable for 40k and mixed up for the correct models in Space hulk. I have swapped my Gideon model into an assault terminator squad for 40k but put him back with his other guys for space hulk.

grimcrazy
04-01-2010, 08:51
There is a mission for Space Wolves in the old Space Hulk Campaigns book. The squad composition is pretty similar to the types in the new Space Hulk box. i.e. one of each heavy weapon, one of each close combat type...

If you made Space Wolf equivalents for each of the Blood Angels then that would be cool. I was planning something similar with Deathwing

captain malak khan
04-01-2010, 15:44
I was planning on doing the following.
-Njal model as the librarian
-logan grimnar model as the sergeant Lorenzo
-arjac rockfist as sergeant Gideon
-and then arm the rest as they are in the space hulk box set

Just need to find a copy of space hulk online or from states but i will be reselling the blood angel models within to get replaced by the wolf terminators but i am going to plan on converting the dead blood angel into a dead wolf terminator.

Orric
04-01-2010, 23:11
Ive managed to convert all of the hulk termies to Wolf guard. lots of filing and snipping required as well as a host of wolfie bitz and good ole GS but they don't look to bad. If I'll get some pics up to show you all at some point.

HaunterV
05-01-2010, 10:13
boy am i ever glas i ddnt hold off on ordering my copy when i did just before xmas...