PDA

View Full Version : tyranid army box set

Modern_Angel
19-05-2005, 23:44
I've noticed a small discrepancy in the UK and OZ/NZ versions of the tyranid army box set on the Online stores, with the UK version, you get the codex included, but in the OZ version, there is no mention of it also being in there. Local GW manager(in NZ btw) also said the same thing, that its not in there for the OZ/NZ version.

Now, is it just me, or does that sound ike complete and utter BS that for the same price as the UK version(150ukp vrs 400aus / 450nzd), they get the codex and those in OZ don't?

Discuss :)

DeathWish
20-05-2005, 00:17
That's strange. While I've not looked into it there could well be different versions of the Army Deal (one with the codex and one without). I'm fairly sure that this is the case with the French online store.

Just going to go have a peek.

DW

night_haunter
22-05-2005, 20:47
i have never heard of different army deals it seems it would be more work to have different ones

x-esiv-4c
24-05-2005, 20:34
By the way, when does Codex-Tyranids come out? I feel n00bish for asking this....

Brimstone
24-05-2005, 20:42
By the way, when does Codex-Tyranids come out? I feel n00bish for asking this....

4th of June in the Uk and the 9th in the US.

Anywhere else will vary. ;)

Pertinax
25-05-2005, 08:07
Now, is it just me, or does that sound ike complete and utter BS that for the same price as the UK version(150ukp vrs 400aus / 450nzd), they get the codex and those in OZ don't?

I can only speek from local experience.

This is not something new. For the past 3 years (at least), GW have packed the codex into the non-UK sets. Here in Norway, we get the European release. Those army sets are always supposed to contain the codex. Unfortunately, GW warehouse has a problem seeing the difference between one type and the other type, and they often send us the wrong ones, sans-codex.

I don't know why there is a difference, there just is.