PDA

View Full Version : When will I get the 'nid 'dex

scar face
05-01-2010, 16:37
This may be slightly off in the case of discussion, but when (approx) will I get my new tyranid codex and trygon that I pre-ordered. It sounds like some people have already got theres, but I havn't

scar

dangermouse425
05-01-2010, 16:47
The official release date for the new Nids is Saturday 16th January. If GW play their postal cards right, it could very well arrive that day. If not, then it may arrive the following Monday or Tuesday (19th/20th).

Some people seem to have the new 'dex, hence the surge in army lists, but they are no doubt using illegal leaked pdf files from the internets.

scar face
05-01-2010, 16:50
ok... just wondering because I have got things a few days before...

scar

naloth
05-01-2010, 16:52
Generally the place I pre-order from gets stuff to me around the release date (often on the day it's released, occasionally the day before or a few days after).

sayles78
05-01-2010, 16:55
Generally the place I pre-order from gets stuff to me around the release date (often on the day it's released, occasionally the day before or a few days after).

I pre-ordered the CSM boxed set which included the new dex, and it came about 1 week early. It'd be nice to get the nid dex 1 week early, tho it's very doubtful!

scar face
05-01-2010, 17:01
I got my ork nobz box a week early once... yes it would be nice to have the 'nids this time.

bluenova
05-01-2010, 18:30
I got Space Hulk about 5 days early - only played once though :-(

GW are good at getting things out early when they can, but there's no guarantees. I have a WD sub, and it usually arrives a week early, but sometimes (rarely) it can be in the shops for a week before it comes through my letterbox, so don't count on getting the 'dex bang on release day :-(

Earthbeard
05-01-2010, 18:34
GW almost always ensure that the pre-orders arrive for the day of release, so they often send out early and people receive earlier due to this.

Everything i've pre-ordered has always arrived at least a week to a few days early.

Shadowfax
05-01-2010, 18:44
I've never had a preorder from GW until this codex. I'm hoping it comes early too, or at least arrives on the official day of release (so that I can use it on the subsequent weekend).

Unfortunately, most of the early orders I've heard about have been battleforces/army deals, not solo codexes. Additionally, the printing troubles we've heard about may mean that they're on a strained schedule, and the books won't actually be available until release day. After all, the book comes out in ~10 days, and we still haven't heard reports from anybody seeing an english copy first-hand.

Kelderaith
05-01-2010, 19:46
The printing problems already pushed the release date from January 2nd to January 16th, let's hope that at least they won't push that back again using the printing excuse, because that would be a little lame indeed.

scar face
05-01-2010, 19:46
yes, I've heard that many have downloaded the german leak, but i've chosen not to, so I can enjoy reading the actual 'dex

Dead Man Walking
05-01-2010, 19:58
What about preview copies?

scar face
05-01-2010, 20:03
What about preview copies?

Preview copies....? When were they released... :P What are they?

naloth
05-01-2010, 21:13
Preview copies....? When were they released... :P What are they?

Usually the GW retail stores (and some affiliates) get a copy of the 'dex a few weeks prior to release. It helps with pre-orders (so you know how many models/unit, if you like a unit, etc) so you have an army ready to go when you get the new 'dex.

My local GW stores said they probably won't get a preview at all this time. The "misprinting" prevented that. They do not anticipate getting anything prior to the 15th.

mightymconeshot
05-01-2010, 21:22
they have a guarantee that it will arive by the release of the codex. this means they ship early and so chances are you will get it early.

LonelyPath
05-01-2010, 23:00
My last pre-order was for the fortress of redemption and I got that a week before release date. If what is said about the printing mess up is true though, it may be release date for most people getting them.

WinglessVT2
05-01-2010, 23:10
Anywhere from one week prior to 'official' release, to two weeks after.

It depends on a lot of factors, but you're more likely to get stuff early.

WH40KAj
06-01-2010, 03:19
ive been told my store will have a preview copy of the dex, in English by Friday. Weather permitting i should know all v v soon and id therefore say expect any preorders from Sat onwards.

scar face
06-01-2010, 14:13
Wow, I just saw the tyranid rumour round-up thread.... it pretty much is the codex without the points cost and the background :P

scar.

Steal Rokker
06-01-2010, 14:22
yeah i played against the new trygon and warriors 2 days ago at a hobby store.
i hate that thing already.

anyway they let some people right up army lists with the new preview codex.
marines are now useless

Leth Shyish'phak
06-01-2010, 14:27
marines are now useless

Oops, my bad.

I forgot that it I'm on sky-holding-up duty instead of the tills today.

airmang
06-01-2010, 14:32
Wow, I just saw the tyranid rumour round-up thread.... it pretty much is the codex without the points cost and the background :P

scar.

Not really, there is ALOT missing from the rumour round-up, and some of the information there is incorrect also. It will give you a basic idea of each unit, but you'll still have to wait for the real Dex to get the whole picture.

bluenova
06-01-2010, 15:18
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it's been snowing here in the UK and the country practically halted yesterday. The forecasts generally predict more snow on the way (so everyone at work keeps telling me), which could cause a problem for deliveries...

sayles78
06-01-2010, 16:00
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it's been snowing here in the UK and the country practically halted yesterday. The forecasts generally predict more snow on the way (so everyone at work keeps telling me), which could cause a problem for deliveries...

Soooo, they may send them out early to compensate ;);)

Darkangeldentist
06-01-2010, 16:09
Soooo, they may send them out early to compensate ;);)

In our dreams.:chrome:

More likely the whole release in the UK will be put back a week due to nothing moving.

sayles78
06-01-2010, 16:12

More likely the whole release in the UK will be put back a week due to nothing moving.

*puts fingers in ears and runs off saying "I'm not listening!"*

Souleater
06-01-2010, 16:15
Noooooooooo!

WH40KAj
06-01-2010, 16:43

Actually most major routes have been clear so far.... We shall see, but I got no post at all today :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the Tyranid background in the book though, hope it is here around release. Im *supposed* to be using the New book Friday/Sat...in my local and theirs might not even make it now :cries:

DarkstarSabre
06-01-2010, 16:47
Actually most major routes have been clear so far.... We shall see, but I got no post at all today :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the Tyranid background in the book though, hope it is here around release. Im *supposed* to be using the New book Friday/Sat...in my local and theirs might not even make it now :cries:

Same here. What's even worse is the fact that the store is trying to actually organise the mega-battle, as in, points costs and all to balance it all out. But we Tyranid players (who, being few in number are bringing about 3k points each) haven't even seen hide nor hair of the new book yet...

WH40KAj
06-01-2010, 17:02
Same here. What's even worse is the fact that the store is trying to actually organise the mega-battle, as in, points costs and all to balance it all out. But we Tyranid players (who, being few in number are bringing about 3k points each) haven't even seen hide nor hair of the new book yet...

Just 3k? Ummm 2 Winged Tyrants, 2 Walker Tyrants, 3 Carnifexes and Old One Eye, 3 winged warriors, 8 more warriors (3 unequipped atm) 60 hormagaunts, 32 stealers and a broodlord, 20devilgaunts, 32termagants, 20spinegaunts, 3 biovores and 3 zoanthropes, 7winged rippers, 9 spinerippers, 6ripper swarms, 2 Tyrant Guard, deathleaper and a lictor...

Thats just probably all i've been able to repaint well enough to use.. :cries:

And i'm gonna use all of this, blind :eyebrows:

So much for the game at GW, I have no idea of the points costs...

EDIT- I wanted my Tervigon made, but i'm not making it out of another fex in bits until i've actually seen the book...

FashaTheDog
06-01-2010, 17:10
And that is why I love the USPS. The only delays due to weather are generally only for the employees going home. And unlike Royal Mail, they do not deliever their parcels with a dose of Britiish humour and a good solid stomp.

Unless there is something being sent in February or is a WD subscription, GW has been pretty good with getting stuff to their American customers early. And the delays in February are not their fault.

Magos Explorator
06-01-2010, 17:25

I spoke with Royal Mail earlier today (on a non-GW-related issue) and they told me that in many parts of the country, the mail lorries were unable to drive last night. So most places will either get no post at all, or no post from out-of-town, for the next few days (until the snow stops).

It's silly how this country (not just the mail) grinds to a halt whenever there is a hint of frost*. I know it's not very often, but a week or two a year is still 2-5% of the time... You'd think we'd have better coping systems in place now.

(*and yes, I know at present we have about a foot of snow here, but it's like this when there is almost none too.)