PDA

View Full Version : LOTD troopers blister issue - UK, please help

PenalTrooper
06-01-2010, 16:07
Hey all,
I'm having a problem with the new LOTD release - I can't find one of the figures. I have tried looking in all the blisters on the shelves in two different branches of Games Workshop but no joy.
The trooper in question is the Mark VI Corvus helmet guy advancing with his bolter held across his chest, bolter has a strap.
It is really annoying me as this is my favourite figure of the bunch. Anyone else had a similar problem? The blister he should be in contains the Mark VII guy from the first blister.

Aegius
06-01-2010, 16:24
I'm pretty sure that gw blisters contain 'x' random models from the range. This was always the case a few years ago when I worked there, you'd order 'x' number of a certain blister pack and they'd always contain a different selection of models. If you are after something in particular, give mail order a call.

Petay1985
06-01-2010, 16:31
no, all the blisters contain set models and are correct as far as i have seen, the blister you have seen could have been a miss-package?

see gw site for clarification on blister contents: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1400008&rootCatGameStyle=

aka_mythos
06-01-2010, 18:02
They're supposed to be packaged with specific models together, but in alot of stores they aren't bundled like the pictures. For example I've been seeing alot of blisters that had two different beakies, pretty consistently.

PenalTrooper
06-01-2010, 21:15
aka_mythos, which stores were these if you don't mind my asking?
This all makes a mockery of the latest issue of White Dwarf, where it clearly states "these come in two packs, both of which contain a model wearing Mark VI 'Corvus' armour and one wearing the better-known Mark VII 'Aquila' armour".

I'm quite upset actually - I've been to two different stores some 50 miles apart and I haven't been able to buy the figure I want. Very frustrating and very poor from Games Workshop. I've spoken to them on the phone and the figs aren't available individually, and no guarantee that a pack ordered from mail order isn't going to have the same problem.
Getting something as simple as packaging the figures properly wrong really is shocking.

Earthbeard
06-01-2010, 22:31
Pretty sure GW Guildford has the one you're looking for.

StormWulfen
06-01-2010, 22:51
Is this the blister your looking for?

Linky (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1400008&prodId=prod370001a)