PDA

View Full Version : 7th ed Army with best plastics kits?

Grimstonefire
06-01-2010, 19:44
As the title says, which army do you think has had the best plastic kits so far in 7th ed? I've included Dwarfs, as they had 2 revisions in 6th and not in 7th.

By plastics I mean regiments, lord/hero kits, war machines, monsters. Anything in plastic.

Lordsaradain
06-01-2010, 20:28
Empire obviously. They have plastics for pretty much everything.

EmperorNorton
06-01-2010, 21:05
Skaven got my vote, but maybe they are just the freshest memory.
WoC and Dark Elves are up there IMO.
Empire have pretty much everything in plastic, but the statetroops take them down a notch.

Malorian
06-01-2010, 21:06
I voted for dark elves.

The new coldone knights and corsairs look very cool and brought me within inches of buying the army.

Red Metal
06-01-2010, 21:43
+1 for VC.

The skellies and zombies look amazing and plus there's all kinds of extra bits for scenic bases. Grave Guard look much better and you can use them to make custom plastic Black Knights. Corpse Cart is awesome. The only thing I don't like are the Ghouls.

Malorian
06-01-2010, 21:46
+1 for VC.

The skellies and zombies look amazing and plus there's all kinds of extra bits for scenic bases. Grave Guard look much better and you can use them to make custom plastic Black Knights. Corpse Cart is awesome. The only thing I don't like are the Ghouls.

Zombies are in no way new.

But yes the skellies and the grave guard look great :)

WinglessVT2
06-01-2010, 21:49
Orcs and goblins.
They're the 'best' for appeal, but the 'best' when it comes to actual quality, and all that stuff, is either plastic graveguard, or the new stormvermin.
Pistoliers/outriders are also good, but they look too chunky.

bigcheese76
06-01-2010, 21:55
Initially I would have said Empire as they have recently got a fair few new kits.

Thinking about Skaven though, they have had a fair few recently.

Ramius4
06-01-2010, 22:08
Ignoring price factor completely, I say Empire.

Great variety and compatability between the sets. Their plastics as far as compatability are possibly the best of any army. And I can't think of any besides the older knights that don't look decent, and even those were good at their time of release.

Lijacote
06-01-2010, 22:14
Cold One Knights are absolutely fantastic creatures, and Corsairs aren't shabby either. The Empire, Skaven and Vampire plastics aren't bad either, not at all.

I'm not surprised to see daemons didn't fare too well here, the daemonettes are controversial, as are the bloodletters to a degree. Here's to plastic horrors.

Nimh
07-01-2010, 00:19
Screaming bell/plague furnace=epic plastic model. Doomwheel=awesomesause. The clanrats and stormvernin are also top notch. Have to vote skaven. (Bias of course :) )

Darnok
07-01-2010, 01:15
I voted for WoC. Their plastic models are of stunning quality, and unlike most of the other WHF releases for 7th Ed., they fit my taste stylewise.

If I could, I'd have voted for Ogres, as I like their plastic kits just too damn much. I hope they don't look like the new BoC minotaurs the moment GW redo the range...

Brother Siccarius
07-01-2010, 01:24
Skaven, great detailed kits so far, some of the best plastics to come out in 7th and they aren't even all out yet. Unlike the fairly bland Empire kits, there's a lot of detail on everything in the newer (Rat Ogres on up) kits.

Slot
07-01-2010, 02:41
Another skaven vote here. The Bell/furnace is awesome as are the new clanrats and stormvermin. Would Plague monks count too? if so they're great also

ChaosVC
07-01-2010, 02:46
Nothing beats chaos plastic knights... except plastic steam tanks...

R-Love
07-01-2010, 04:34
Beastmen. The new minotaurs are beautiful :p:angel:*

I voted skaven, as i love all their plastics, especially the Bell, but my favorite kit in 7th has been the Stegadon. (though they only had a single other plastic kit released, and though nice it wasn't anything hugely awesome, so I can't really vote for them)

*Disclaimer; No they're not, I was being sarcastic

RGB
09-01-2010, 02:59
I'd say Empire, but the State Troops were actually godawful ugly and we also didn't get new knights.

I'm a big fan of the new plastics for WoC, and the wonderful and overstated insanity of the Skaven line.

QuietEarth
09-01-2010, 15:03
The only thing I can say about the Empire State Troops is, NO SHOES?!?! WTF?!?!

zak
09-01-2010, 17:19
I really like the Vampire Counts range and the Grave Guard in particular. These are some of the best models they have ever done.

Hragged
09-01-2010, 17:37
Skaven - some great new troops and war machines.

Jind_Singh
09-01-2010, 17:46
Skaven clanrats, doomwheel, and screamingbell/furnace kits are just amazing....

However I voted Empire as they have 100% core/special/rares as plastic!

Sygerrik
10-01-2010, 06:35
Skaven, although as the newest army that's not really fair. The Plague Furnace/Doombell is, to my mind, the best plastic kit GW has ever put out-- it's huge and complex and it goes together like a dream. Assembling it was incredibly smooth for me and it's a versatile kit, too, that can produce two great models.

doodle bug
10-01-2010, 08:37
dark elves - there new cold ones are amazing and the corsairs are brilliant too. (1st post yay!)

brendel
10-01-2010, 12:26
I have to go with the empire because of the range of plastics Core, speical and rare all got the plastic treatment.

TheDarkDuke
11-01-2010, 00:06
Dark Elf, Skaven, Ogre Kingdoms and Vampire Counts have IMO the best plastic kits. All three are also very nice for the fact you can make an entire plausible army out of plastic and representing other unit options with easy conversions that require no green stuff skills.

If you grade quantity as best well Empire are the no brainer choice then.

Skipster
11-01-2010, 13:30
The new plastics I have seen have all been awesome, so much better than they used to be anyway.

Voted WOC as the bits I have seen have been really outstanding.