PDA

View Full Version : Empire WIP Solland

David Grahn
07-01-2010, 22:10
Hi evryone! Ive long been thinking of starting a new Empire army. After a looong time of reaserch on the empires provinces colours fluff and history i decided to purchase the battalion box and the plastic general and captain box.

I cuoldnt however decide on which province that the army was supposed to come from at first i thougth Stirland but then changed my mind. Then it leened towards something Kislevite/Polish theme. Then i started to consider the Stirland river patrol. But i decided to with Solland at start beacause of the brigth colours but after some fluff reading i realy like this Province.

I know Solland dont realy exists:D but the fluff is that the Sollanders are rising eager to take back their lands from Wissenland and even beyond!

jay court
07-01-2010, 23:21
You could just make your own colour scheme up. Aren't the Swedish colours yellow & blue? They would look good as a split colour scheme.

spiderhaiku
07-01-2010, 23:38
If you haven't read Runefang by C.L. Werner I would recommend it for a good Solland fluff story. Reviews and a synopsis can be found here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Runefang-Warhammer-C-L-Werner/dp/1844165485/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

And also because C.L. Werner writes the best warhammer fantasy stuff imo.

Briohmar
08-01-2010, 02:32
I really have to say, I wasn't impressed by that book. It had some good ideas, but just too many implausible situations. Its like the game master didn't like the players, and each time they should have completed the mission he'd kill everyone off again, and re-hide the sword.

just my take. I'm not sayiong the fluff stuff was bad, just didn't like the storyline.

warriorpoet1
08-01-2010, 06:48
Just yesterday I bought 'Uniforms and Heraldry of the Empire'. Its a GW with lots of drawings of just about every Empire unit from every province! Yes, and even Solland are in it! Their colours are depicted in it as Black, Yellow and white, with its main symbol as Sun. Pretty cool IMO. I'd recommend this book, its very good when painting some of the less famous provinces (Atm i'm working on a Nordland army;) ).

Isabel
08-01-2010, 08:02
Sounds like a good army to include some Knight of the Blazing Sun in. I think thier colors are very similar to that.