PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Renegades

FLAKPANZER
08-01-2010, 19:00
Hi folks,

Were the rules for Chaos Renegades from Siege of Vraks Volume I updated by any of the later books in that series?

If not, is it better to use the new Imperial Guard Codex for Renegades, or the original Siege of Vraks book?

Thanks.

Count de Monet
08-01-2010, 19:06
There were two more versions of the list in SoV II and SoV III, with Khornate and Nurgle-leaning versions respectively. If the folks you play with are OK with them, you could use any of those. Codex: Imperial Guard can do a pretty good job, depending on what kind of Lost and the Damned army you want. If you want something more outlandish a different book like Orks or even Tyranids might be up your alley.

Good luck!

goof1972
08-01-2010, 20:32
SoV III is the closest to the IG Codex.

DeadlySquirrel
08-01-2010, 20:42
or find codex: eye of terror and use the Lost and the Damned list, which is what i intend to do. But be warned, GW dont like you using it and is only any good if youre playing with freinds who dont mind you using an old codex.

Mannimarco
08-01-2010, 21:06
codex guard can make a more powerful army, the vraks series are good for fun 'n' fluffy lists

if you plan on using a vraksian list do let me know, I always take a keen interest in any lists using the vraks books (particularly vraks 3 with all its niurgley goodness)

FLAKPANZER
08-01-2010, 22:53
Thanks for the replies folks.

I am planning on fielding some new renegades I got as part of a large apocalypse force with Iron Warriors and a Plague Marine armies.

I've got a command platoon with a Mortar Squad. Two platoons with command, two squads each, and hvy weapons teams for each squad. Ogryn Berzerkers. Sentinels, and tanks.

If I used the new Imperial Guard Codex, would I integrate the variable leadership rules and random Ogre attacks from the Vraks books?

I don't own Vraks II and III, but will probably pick them up.

boogle
08-01-2010, 23:00
I believe that they are going to do a PDF update at some point to bring them in line with the new IG codex

susu.exp
08-01-2010, 23:11
or find codex: eye of terror and use the Lost and the Damned list, which is what i intend to do. But be warned, GW dont like you using it and is only any good if youre playing with freinds who dont mind you using an old codex.

What does "GW donīt like you using it" even mean? Of course youīll need your opponents consent, but you need your opponents consent in any game. Maybe my local GW is an exception, but Iīve used a fandex in store (hellebores Varyngr list) and a friend has recently played Kroot Mercs there as well. Playing something outlandish is encouraged rather than discouraged, in my experience. Thatīs what I get both from my local GW, my FLGS and WD in itīs current slightly better in shape form.

Nekrotek
12-01-2010, 12:00
Old Lost and Damned list was ridiculous if you cheesed it out. You could get a little bit of everything, which resulted in broken combos.