PDA

View Full Version : has anyone seen the new beastmen minis?

cr8fulloh8full
08-01-2010, 23:06
I went on the gw website this morning and saw em, their pretty cool!!

Check em out, I am a little dissapointed thet there are barley any new character models and that the trolls,dragon ogres and ogres aren't on their related product list :( but tuskgor charriots seem to still be core, witch is ******* amazing!!

Red Metal
08-01-2010, 23:16
Just took a look at the new stuff. I'm alittle surprised at some of the prices - for example, the Doombull at $41 compared to the old model at $25. Granted the new model is pretty impressive, but still. Plus, the $20 foot character The Dark Omen guy. Hopefully, the Minotaur box set will be reasonable, like $35.

And that Razor-beast thing looks ridiculous...

Briohmar
08-01-2010, 23:29
The Minos don't look too good to me. though I probably need to see them in person. The Bestigors however, are very cool. May have to get some of them. I hope my ungors can still have spears, otherwise its gonna be ugly converting hand weapons on already painted models.

Seabo
09-01-2010, 00:32
Overall I am very, very disappointed :(
I waited over 4 years for this!!!
Going to a GW store this weekend to grab a peek at the book but after seeing the astronomical prices for what can only be described as junk miniatures I am having serious doubts about my future in fantasy.

Thurizdan
09-01-2010, 00:47
So don't buy them, make them out of something else. Buy 3 Tuskgor Chariots and put the spare plastic boar heads on some a box of Ogre Bulls. There you go, six minotaurs, easy conversion, look pretty good, cost you a lot less. Razorgor looks dumb? Get The Thing in the Woods model from Mordheim or maybe direct order a Rhinox or get a Forgeworld Chaos Beast. Nobody is making you buy the ugly models just because you want to play Beastmen.

Gabacho Mk.II
09-01-2010, 00:49
Overall I am very, very disappointed :(
I waited over 4 years for this!!!
Going to a GW store this weekend to grab a peek at the book but after seeing the astronomical prices for what can only be described as junk miniatures I am having serious doubts about my future in fantasy.

Seabo,
After reading some of the rumors, I still believe (maybe I will be wrong) that the armylist as a whole is rather well done with alot of UMPH!

However, the minis (apart from the Gors, Bestigors, Ungors) are downright silly and cartoonish.

Dont give up on the army. [giving up on WFB, that is another story] ;)

And that Razor-beast thing looks ridiculous...

You mean:
http://taiyyaba.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/pumba.jpg

[sorry, couldnt resist] ;)

Duke Georgal
09-01-2010, 02:17
Oh my, those are some ugly miniatures.

I have been anticipating the new Minotaurs because they are the only unit I do not have in my Beastman army. I dislike the old ones because they are so cartoonish. Wow, they look artful compared to those new things.

I believe I have a winner for the ugliest plastic miniature now... Minotaurs!

Blech!

shredshredxx
09-01-2010, 07:32
well...

i thought the minotaurs were pretty awesome...

i mean, come on. they have hooves and everything. and look at that absurdly jacked musculature and those terrifying faces! they're hardly cartoony, unless you're talking about a spawn cartoon or something.

and the doombull is downright awesome, albeit pretty expensive.

Duke Georgal
09-01-2010, 11:28
The muscular structure is what makes them cartoony. The porportions are nealry super-hero like. They look like Muscle-Beach guys with cow heads.

Just plain dumb in design.

Minotaurs should look like beasts, not a humanoid cow race from some future Star Trek movie.

Punjoke
09-01-2010, 12:07
Lately I've been collecting up a bit of everything for use in Warhammer Quest, but I've been intentionally holding back on buying any Beastmen until I saw the new models that were coming out.

Now that I have... well, I think they're all pretty ugly. The minotaurs are particularly horrible. Guess I gotta buy the old ones while I can.

zak
09-01-2010, 12:27
I have to say that I really like the new monotaurs and will be buying LOTS!! I am glad I can now use my ungors with handweapons again and I now have shooting in the army! I'm just annoyed that I need to rebase all of my ungors again!!! The Razorgor is a bit ugly, but some converting and a different paint job should do the trick. Overall I am a bit annoyed at the lack of new characters as the shaman models are very old. Thankfully they are nice models though.

Yes you can still use spears on your ungors:D

Humpty Dumpty
09-01-2010, 12:28
I think GW want's to re-do the minotaurs for the warhammer world, just as they re-designed te ogre's for warhammer when they where released. They just created new minotaurs. Most people don't like it because they want to see the minotaurs from the legends of old.
Still, overall I like how the army looks.
And I agree, the pricing of some of those mini's is overrated....

H.D.

PatrikW
09-01-2010, 12:33
The minotaurs reminds me of Belgian blue...

Overall I was hoping for much more.
The fact that they still haven't got any models god enough to replace the forth ed shamans speaks for itself =(

Still it will be fun to have a new book to play with =)

Farnsworth
09-01-2010, 12:39
Can't say i'm too impressed with what GW have come up with here. The minotaurs look far too cartoonish - what's going on with the musculature on the legs?

However, they may well look a lot better in the flesh (anyone remember the , so i'll try and swing past the local store and see.

Shadow_Steed
09-01-2010, 12:43
The minotaurs reminds me of Belgian blue...

Haha, my thoughts exactly.

I liked most of the new units, the minotaurs were not as cool as I had expected though. Also, it seems like they“ve strived to make Beastmen more men with beastheads than the old traditional beastmen and this is somewhat of a disappointment.

Grunge
09-01-2010, 12:55
You mean:
http://taiyyaba.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/pumba.jpg

[sorry, couldnt resist] ;)

QFT. The biggest GW fail ever in my opinion. Guess it will sell because of cheesy rulebook anyways.

zak
09-01-2010, 13:08
Have you seen the cheesy rulebook?

TheNurglitch
09-01-2010, 13:09
The Minotaurs are ugly, with those muscles they look really horrible.
The doombull is preposterous, he has got an axe larger than himself. It would over 500 kg.
The whole army seems too organized to be called trully chaotic :(
A big disappointment IMO.

Idle Scholar
09-01-2010, 15:11
I'm a bit surprised at the prices for the core regiments, £15 for 10 dudes is steep, especially the Ungor's. The cost of the plastic Minotaurs is sort of equivalent with the cost of metal ones, which seems to be what they're aiming to do with rares and specials.

As too looks I think the new Gor's, ungor's and Bestigor's are an improvement. I'm not too taken with the new Minotaurs/Doombull but as someone already said thats more because they've moved away from the classical minotaur and to something more like WoW's Tauren.

t-tauri
09-01-2010, 15:19
Thread closed. Duplicates existing news and rumours threads.