PDA

View Full Version : After 5 years, looking to restart Vampire Counts

11-01-2010, 06:15
I had a 4th edition Undead army, 5/6th edition VC armies, but I have fallen out of fantasy lately and most of my VC stuff is wrecked or traded away. I was looking at doing a non chessy VC army that I could still win games with and have fun with too. Looking around 1500 to 2000pts. Think I favour a blood dragon style of undead. Heavy on skeletons, grave gaurd, and mounted troops. Any advice on how to build my new army.

Ultimate Life Form
11-01-2010, 06:23
Think I favour a blood dragon style of undead.

So, obviously, Blood Knights are a must (and they aren't as overpowered as you might fear). I'd also throw in a few Black Knights and maybe Dire Wolves to screen the Blood Knights, and voila, that's your entire army already if you factor in the Skeletons and Grave Guard since Characters traditionally take up 50% of the points. You'll probably want a mounted Vampire going with your Blood Knights (preferably with Blood Drinker). Give the Vampires evil combat items and armor and go for the Red Fury combos. That way you'll be unbeatable in battle but weak with Magic and since the meanest part of VC is the Magic phase, the army won't be overpowered, either.

The Red Scourge
11-01-2010, 06:31
I'd include some blood knights, skellies and grave guards along with a couple of vamps :)

And don't go 50% characters, do 30-40% instead. You'll get a better army with a wider range of tactics :)

ChaosVC
11-01-2010, 09:19
Well you can always take a more fighty lord with fighty knightly blood lines for a start.
Take max to 3 chars because you want more troops I suppose ie; Lord, necro and BSB.

Must takes would be your blood knights of the blood keep, then the rest is up to yer matey. Here is a reference as to what I have for my blood dragon army. its remains competative and at the same time "fluffy" but have apparent weakness

1 fighty Lord lvl 3 on barded horse
1 Necro on corpse cart lvl1
1 wight lord bsb on barded steed.

10 skeles
20 skeles
10 ghouls
5 dire wolves
5 dire wolves

20 grave guards with GW
6 black knights
2 spirit host

4 blood knights

Classius
11-01-2010, 23:14
Well you can always take a more fighty lord with fighty knightly blood lines for a start.
Take max to 3 chars because you want more troops I suppose ie; Lord, necro and BSB.

Must takes would be your blood knights of the blood keep, then the rest is up to yer matey. Here is a reference as to what I have for my blood dragon army. its remains competative and at the same time "fluffy" but have apparent weakness

1 fighty Lord lvl 3 on barded horse
1 Necro on corpse cart lvl1
1 wight lord bsb on barded steed.

10 skeles
20 skeles
10 ghouls
5 dire wolves
5 dire wolves

20 grave guards with GW
6 black knights
2 spirit host

4 blood knights

Looks like a fun list but need to have at lest 3 spirit host in a unit.