PDA

View Full Version : Collection of Alternative race Ideas (HaunterV)

HaunterV
12-01-2010, 10:37
Updated!: 01/12/2010: I closed the old thread to change the title. to reflect my broader view of the game and ideas for the game. The rules I have thought up for the Orkz for using them in the Stealer perspective are nearly complete! check out the rules and give me some feedback please!

Imperial Guardsmen (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4238901&postcount=20)/Inquisitorial Troopers

We're talking about Veterans here, not your ordinary guardsmen right off the line that is still struggling to make it past his 1st fifteen hours. Spacemarines admire the tenacity of guardsmen from deathworlds, such as the armageddon orkhunters, catachan jungle fighters, cadian karskin, these are the best of the best. The heavy armoured (carapace) well equipped (Hellguns and more) shock troopers that were probably being sent in as a probe by an inquisitor.

IMO Lasguns and IG in cc would have to treat GSs as broodlords in CC in that they have to get to "killshots" in a row. or you introduce stealer armor saves since its always been what? 5 or 6+ and bolters ignore that due to AP nowadays or armor modifiers back in the day. You would also take twice as many models per scenario so 5 terminators would be 10 guardsmen

The Eldar (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4234317&postcount=1)/Dark Eldar

I thought up some rudimentary striking scorpion rules the other day I think the mandibles would act like storm shields for the 1st round of CC only and not to mention all the SSs have chainswords (Parry) and a pistol (Shuriken Pistol 12 1d6 6+ Overwatch, cannot damage doors). being eldar i'd say give them 5 AP as well.

Howling banshees, much the same but they are armed with power wepons and the shout which i say acts as CC jam when they charge a GS in CC. Given the power of the wail I'd say that you would put a Jam counter next to the HB model for a full turn after use. though the use of CPs could in theory be used to remove the counter (2cp?)

Here are the Vids of the models I plan on Using (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87wxgf6vcE)

Orks:

It's been well documented that Orks will travel over the vast reaches of space on board the odd Space Hulk singing loudly about going "Too da' Waaagh!". This is one of the prime reasons Hulks are immediately set upon once detected, Chaos incursion and Genestealer infestation being the other two primary reasons. Then there are the other lesser known reasons such as the potential for a necron tomb ship being one of the conglomerate ships, corsairs, rouge trader outpost, etc...

Rules for Ork use:

Blips ork blips have 5 ap until they are flipped over and converted to boys.

Git Stukk in boyz! Orkz can not lurk and can not go on overwatch

Dem Armor boyz is hard to kill Unless otherwise stated Terminators are treated as having the hard to kill rule when Vs orks.

Lootaz Orks are cunning and as such often can be seen using looted wepons, Said weapons no longer have the option of reloading, and a jam results in the weapon exploding, killing the unit and every other on the same tile on a 4+

Boss Bonus Functions like combat veteran

Waaagh! 2AP
The warboss can shout Waaagh at any time creating 1d3 blips that are removed at the end of the turn on anything but a 6+.

Revealing the Warboss Functions just like Revealing the Broodlord rule

Barely a nuisance; Units with this rule can be dispatched in close combat instantly for the cost of 1 AP/CP

Vents & airducts Units with this, are allowed to move through airducts if they are present in the mission.

Go to ground; Being as the corridors of a hulk have many nooks, and crannies to hide in if the # of gretchin in LOS of a terminator is reduced by 50% or more they must take a rally test at the start of the ork phase If Any of the affected Gretchin are within LOS of an Ork. If the rally test fails or there is no Ork present (Within LOS) then the remaining Gretchin go to ground and are never heard from again by either party. (Potential for a "Grotz revenge against the Orks" scenario?)
Gretchin removed from play in this manner do not count as being killed for campaign scoring purposes.

Small; Small models can share squares with other small models.
Blips can move through a square with only 1 small unit on it while still following standard Blip movement rules.
Friendly units can move through a square as long as it is only occupied by one small unit.
A blip once revealed will treat adjacent spaces occupied by small units as an empty space removing them in favor of the newly placed model unless it too is a small model and the square is currently occupied by a single small model.(Orks won't blink at stepping on/over gretchin to 'git stukk in' faster).

Ork Units:

-Boys;
5 AP
Roll 1D6 to see what mob of Boyz the blip is coming from.
{1-3} CC 2D6 if armed with slugga and choppa
{4-6} CC 2D6-1 if armed with Shoota
Shoota 2D6 kill on a 6+ (Terminators are treated as having the hard to kill rule) sustained fire
Slugga 1D6 kill on a 6+ (Terminators are treated as having the hard to kill rule) range 12

-Nobz;
Nobs can not appear from 1 point blips.
2point blips create 1 nob.
3 point blips create 1 nob and 1D3-1 boyz
5 AP
CC 2D6+1
Boss Bonus,

Power Claw When converting to a nob, roll a D6 on a 6 the nob may have a power claw. Power claws ignore the "Dem armor boyz is hard to kill" rule.

-Warboss;
(Revealed same as Broodlord)
5 AP
CC 2D6+2

Boss Bonus, Mighty Blow, Waaagh!,

-Wyrd Boy
Psyker 15 Psi points when orks are being played From the Terminators perspective.
Psyker 6 Psi points when orks are being played from the Genestealers perspective.
4+D3-1AP
CC 2D6-1+Forcepole
Force Pole; Functions like Librarian force axe

Boss Bonus, Immune to psychic storm

Psychic vomit; A potentially powerful psychic attack Choose to use before rolling the range of the attack
Cost 1AP range1D6+1D3-1, destroys on a 4+
Can only be used once per turn

-Gretchin/Grotz; Number on the blip x 2
5 AP
CC d3-1 (Special)

Small, Barely a nuisance, Vents & airducts, Go to ground

Grotz in CC: A Grot has no hope of defeating a terminator in close combat unless he is extremely lucky, however they can be a slight nuisance. Grotz that attack a Terminator and by some miracle win the combat must then roll a 6 in order to kill the terminator, (He gets him in the eye or some other such nonsense)

Bonus Ork Rule:

Not really fitting for the Genestealer perspective, not really tactically effective imo but might be fun to experiment with.

-Stormboyz (No, Orks wouldn't let the fact that they are indoors stop them from using the rokkit strapped to their back and personally I think we can come up with some hilarious mechanics to go with this.)
1D6-2 AP

FASTA!; one time only (per model) the stormboy may activate his rokkit. Which allows him to move the full 6AP, If he chooses to do so roll a D6
1 the ork is surrounded in a cloud of smoke and LOS is blocked (considered a persistent effect)
2-5 Rokkit functions normally (As normal as can be for something ork made)
6 the ork activates his rokkit and slams into a bulkhead/the ceiling and explodes in a flamer template. Killing on a roll of 4+

This is what I have so far so please by all means help out in any way possible.

Other Rules and Ideas that are bubbling in my head would be things like: there's a tombship as part of the Spacehulk or an inquisitor is infact ordering an assault on a Tomb ship and either wraiths would being the 1st to leap to the defence would lead the charge against intruders, Battle sisters and their penchant for flamers, An inquisitor retinue, A "stop the ritual!" type scenario that involves chaos daemons bearing down on the intruders, and so on...

Thank you to all those at least considering the ideas and also the help keeping them targeted to Space Hulk (I usually Have necromunda in mind when designing rules)

HaunterV
12-01-2010, 10:37
These are just some random Ideas that could be fun to use in a mission or two, Go nuts people!

Special Rules:
Here is a collection of special Rules and house rules to refer to when looking at a units abilities.

Gets Hot!- increase # needed for each roll by +1 after the 1st, if the roll is failed, the weapon is jammed and cannot be used for the rest of the turn, CP cannot be spent to unjam a weapon jammed in this manner

Entangle; After the first round of close combat if both models are still alive then the unit will entangle it's opponent, this has the following effect;
-Opponent rolls one less combat die to a minimum of 1
-Model using entangle rolls one less close combat die minimum of 1

Beserker; Models with Beserker MUST charge at the enemy if they have LOS or the enemy has LOS on them. Models with Beserker gain +2 AP as long as they have LOS on the enemy. Beserker's cannot step back.

Wargear

Power whip/Power flail: kill on a 6+ counts as power weapon, causes entangle

Stim Booster; Gives the unit a burst of combat enhancing chems and stimulants causing a +2 bonus in the first round of CC

Chameleonic scales/Field - The 'Sustained fire' bonus is ignored when shooting at a unit with this wargear.

Bio Plasma/Plasma gun - 2AP to fire, kill on 3+(4+) , Ignores hard to kill rule, cannot go on overwatch, 'Gets Hot!'

New Units

Arco Flagellants
4(+2)AP
CC 2D6(+2)

Power/electro-flails, Stim boosters, Beserker,

As always these are just ideas that need playtesting and are mainly just for variety and fun.

HaunterV
12-01-2010, 10:38
Reserved for future ideas

Destructorn
12-01-2010, 23:50
I'd be more inclined to run battles of 40k using the adjusted Kill Team Space Hulk rules than attempt to shoehorn additional races into the Space Hulk model. The beauty of SH is in it's simplicity, just set up and go. If you want complexity, a complex system already exists- just use that.

HaunterV
13-01-2010, 23:15
I'd be more inclined to run battles of 40k using the adjusted Kill Team Space Hulk rules than attempt to shoehorn additional races into the Space Hulk model. The beauty of SH is in it's simplicity, just set up and go. If you want complexity, a complex system already exists- just use that.

Well it looks like a lot but the rules I've come up with are actually less than half as complex as they are for terminators.. IMO anyway.

Cpt. Drill
17-01-2010, 00:42
I think there are too many stats that have random dice rolls attached eg:1D3+1D3-1 AP... Its just too much to remember when everyone has a different random roll that has to be made each turn. It would slow the game down alot.

The wierd boy I can understand having random AP, it makes a little sense i guess. But the warboss getting 4+1D3-1 AP!? So anywhere between 4 and 6? He is Enraged some turns and lazy some others? I think this kind of thing would ruin the tactical game play of space hulk. I think yuo would be better off giving orks 5 AP accross the board... easy to remember makes them faster than termies and slwer than stealers. Everyone wins.

I did like the gretchin rules though Barely a nuisance. That could be fun to use.

goroul
17-01-2010, 16:38
Good to see some other ideas :)

Had a quick read through your Ork ideas, some good stuff, needs playtesting however!

Here are some of my thoughts on how they can be improved / streamlined to fit within Space Hulk

Rules for Ork use:

Blips ork blips have 5 ap until they are flipped over and converted to boys.

Git Stukk in boyz! Orkz can not lurk and can not go on overwatch

Ok, all good so far, a fair movement allowance and the lack of overwatch etc. stops the Orks playing as the "shooty side"

Easily Distracted Orks often get bored and as such I have decided to give them all variable AP per turn.

A nice idea, but as others have said, slightly too complicated for the slick, quick rules that Space Hulk favours. I too would go for straight MA5 or, at the most complex 2+d3.

Dem Armor boyz is hard to kill Unless otherwise stated Terminators are treated as having the hard to kill rule when Vs orks.

Lootaz Orks are cunning and as such often can be seen using looted wepons, Said weapons no longer have the option of reloading, and a jam results in the weapon exploding, killing the unit and every other on the same tile on a 4+

Boss Bonus Functions like combat veteran

Liking all this :D

Waaagh! 2AP
The warboss can shout Waaagh at any time creating 1d3 blips that are removed at the end of the turn on anything but a 6+.

Revealing the Warboss Functions just like Revealing the Broodlord rule

Ok, the "Waaagh" rule, so the d3 blips, where are they created? Why are they removed? Are the resulting models still removed if they are revealed?

I would perhaps say that once during the game the Warboss may shout his Waaagh (providing he has been revealed) allowing the Ork player to place an extra d3 blips in his next reinforcement phase.

Barely a nuisance; Units with this rule can be dispatched in close combat instantly for the cost of 1 AP/CP

Vents & airducts Units with this, are allowed to move through airducts if they are present in the mission.

Again, all good here

Go to ground; Being as the corridors of a hulk have many nooks, and crannies to hide in if the # of gretchin in LOS of a terminator is reduced by 50% or more they must take a rally test at the start of the ork phase If Any of the affected Gretchin are within LOS of an Ork. If the rally test fails or there is no Ork present (Within LOS) then the remaining Gretchin go to ground and are never heard from again by either party. (Potential for a "Grotz revenge against the Orks" scenario?)
Gretchin removed from play in this manner do not count as being killed for campaign scoring purposes.

Too fiddly, I can see what you are aiming for, but I'd remove this all together, again this is adding further uneeded complexity to the rules.

Small; Small models can share squares with other small models.
Blips can move through a square with only 1 small unit on it while still following standard Blip movement rules.
Friendly units can move through a square as long as it is only occupied by one small unit.
A blip once revealed will treat adjacent spaces occupied by small units as an empty space removing them in favor of the newly placed model unless it too is a small model and the square is currently occupied by a single small model.(Orks won't blink at stepping on/over gretchin to 'git stukk in' faster).

Rather than "share squares" I might say that friendly models/blips can move/shoot through a square occupied by a small model but cannot end their move on the same square. Again this just simplifies things and stops two models occupying the same square.

From here down I've just ammended your units to what I think fits, hope to hear what you think :)

Ork Units:

-Boys;
5 AP
Shoota 2D6 kill on a 6+ (Terminators are treated as having the hard to kill rule) sustained fire, jam
Slugga 1D6 kill on a 6+ (Terminators are treated as having the hard to kill rule) range 12

-Nobz;
3 point blips create 1 nob and 2 slugga boyz
5 AP
CC 2D6+1
Boss Bonus (included above),
Slugga

Power Claw Power claws ignore the "Dem armor boyz is hard to kill" rule.

-Warboss;
5 AP
CC 2D6+2
Slugga

Boss Bonus (included) , Mighty Blow, Waaagh!, Power Claw

-Wyrd Boy
Psyker 15 Psi points when orks are being played From the Terminators perspective.
Psyker 6 Psi points when orks are being played from the Genestealers perspective.
5 AP
CC D6-1, Forcepole

may use one psykik powa per turn

Psykik vomit; A potentially powerful psychic attack Choose to use before rolling the range of the attack
Cost 1AP range1D6+1, destroys one model on a 2+ or all in the section on a 4+

-Gretchin/Grotz; Double the number shown on the blip.
5 AP
CCd3-1
Slugga

Small, Barely a nuisance, Vents & airducts

Obviously this all needs work and playtesting, hopefully gives some food for thought though!

Goroul

HaunterV
19-01-2010, 00:04
Ok, the "Waaagh" rule, so the d3 blips, where are they created? Why are they removed? Are the resulting models still removed if they are revealed?

I would perhaps say that once during the game the Warboss may shout his Waaagh (providing he has been revealed) allowing the Ork player to place an extra d3 blips in his next reinforcement phase.

That's kind of my goal. The idea was that he yells waaagh, other orks yell waaagh then all of a sudden the Terminators are getting echoes all over the place which are possible contacts. So the removal is representing the echoes fading... Like i said this is all just ideas. so i tossed them to the internet to see what happens, this is how refinement an subsequently playability happen.

just a little insight as to the thinking behind that.

Rather than "share squares" I might say that friendly models/blips can move/shoot through a square occupied by a small model but cannot end their move on the same square. Again this just simplifies things and stops two models occupying the same square.

Well my thinking is gretchin are insanely small compared to the Teminators and other orks. i had all this included in a previous build but meh i deleted it cause it was cluttering things up :P I was also toying with the idea that gretchin can give another grot a +1 to his roll in CC

From here down I've just amended your units to what I think fits, hope to hear what you think :)

Ork Units:

-Boys;
5 AP
Shoota 2D6 kill on a 6+ (Terminators are treated as having the hard to kill rule) sustained fire, jam

-Nobz;
3 point blips create 1 nob and 2 slugga boyz
5 AP
CC 2D6+1
Boss Bonus (included above),
Slugga

Power Claw Power claws ignore the "Dem armor boyz is hard to kill" rule.

-Warboss;
5 AP
CC 2D6+2
Slugga

Boss Bonus (included) , Mighty Blow, Waaagh!, Power Claw

-Wyrd Boy
5 AP
CC D6-1, Forcepole

may use one psykik powa per turn

Psykik vomit; A potentially powerful psychic attack Choose to use before rolling the range of the attack
Cost 1AP range1D6+1, destroys one model on a 2+ or all in the section on a 4+

-Gretchin/Grotz; Double the number shown on the blip.
5 AP
CCd3-1
Slugga

Small, Barely a nuisance, Vents & airducts

Obviously this all needs work and playtesting, hopefully gives some food for thought though!

Goroul

Sure I've got no problem makin the orks 5 ap. I just recently thought of removing the random ap if they have LOS on an enemy unit.

Just thought of some wargear recently too!

Smoke bomb: blocks LOS on one square, Persistent, can be moved through freely. The Gretchin cobbles together bits of wire, cloth, plastic, smaller creatures, etc... that results in a thick foul smelling cloud.

Yeah as you say playtesting is needed.

HaunterV
19-01-2010, 00:06
Slight revision to the ork rules

the easily distracted rule has been removed.

HaunterV
22-01-2010, 22:07
Added New toy to play with :P

Opinions, ideas, anyone?

HaunterV
27-01-2010, 05:29
Here is the first video of the models I plan to use in future games of Space Hulk, as of this posting there are three vid going from unboxing to assembly to base coat and colour blocking in.

Waaagh Hammer 40,000: New Races for Use in Space Hulk. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87wxgf6vcE)

HaunterV
29-01-2010, 12:53
Third video of the Guardsmen aka Hulkbusters is now up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqPQZwETU2Q)

I have added some new warger and House rules to try out.

Morty
09-02-2010, 08:10
JUst a quicky note ya orks are too fast. Space hulk uses the model Inshative stat from 40K to decide how many AP a model receves a turn so orks would be ap 2. To balance this out you need to let ya nobz and bosses give 'command piont' like bonuses to the boyz.. also try Spliting the orkz in half Concentrate on coming up with some simple key rules for thouse MEGA armoured boya (who are the ones who do all the clearing fluff wise' aka teminators. and another set useing just the boys and grots aka stealers. Also stop writing of the grots peps Remember Space hulk is set in a vakume. 1 tiny hole or leak and it's goodby marain or whatever..............
Note: marians have been I 4 forever but genestealers started as I6 before geting neferfed to hell in 40k V3

Also i like your Idea of useing Vets but Shurly Stormtroopers are the way to go maby lead by an inqusitor, after all there the ones who genaly get tasked with the realy dangeus assault jobs and investergations.

And rember 1 game turn = 3 seconds

AndrewGPaul
09-02-2010, 13:42
JUst a quicky note ya orks are too fast. Space hulk uses the model Inshative stat from 40K to decide how many AP a model receves a turn so orks would be ap 2.

You sure about that? Certainly Librarians and Captains didn't get additional AP despite having a higher Initiative than basic Marines. If anything, it could be based on the models' Movement stat.

And a 3-second turn limit? where did that come from?

HaunterV
10-02-2010, 05:03
JUst a quicky note ya orks are too fast. Space hulk uses the model Inshative stat from 40K to decide how many AP a model receves a turn so orks would be ap 2. To balance this out you need to let ya nobz and bosses give 'command piont' like bonuses to the boyz.. also try Spliting the orkz in half Concentrate on coming up with some simple key rules for thouse MEGA armoured boya (who are the ones who do all the clearing fluff wise' aka teminators. and another set useing just the boys and grots aka stealers. Also stop writing of the grots peps Remember Space hulk is set in a vakume. 1 tiny hole or leak and it's goodby marain or whatever..............
Note: marians have been I 4 forever but genestealers started as I6 before geting neferfed to hell in 40k V3

Also i like your Idea of useing Vets but Shurly Stormtroopers are the way to go maby lead by an inqusitor, after all there the ones who genaly get tasked with the realy dangeus assault jobs and investergations.

the Orky rules are more aimed at using them as an alternative to Genestealers and not all sections of space hulk are in the Vacuum, missions can take place in hive cities and be just as cramped, think of the missions happening on Armageddon if it makes you feel better. Additionally Spacehulk was drafted way before 3rd edition... I think i remeber orks havin initiatives of 4 back in 2nd edition... could be wrong though.

You sure about that? Certainly Librarians and Captains didn't get additional AP despite having a higher Initiative than basic Marines. If anything, it could be based on the models' Movement stat.

And a 3-second turn limit? where did that come from?

I tihnk he was talking about how long a turn reflects. as in one turn represents 3 seconds of reality.

wilsongrahams
12-02-2010, 20:38
Orks had Initiative 2, and Nobs 3 in 2nd edition, just to help...

I haven't tried out the Orks or Imperial Guard in Space Hulk yet, but am currently working on Eldar myself, and have been discussing them with another SH player on here. I think you have been reading his rules already too. I don't intend doing my own stuff for IG or Orks so may just steal your rules after you've done all the hard work and playtesting, hehe!

Inquisitor Kallus
16-02-2010, 22:32
Awesome work, well done. I was wondering where you got the template friom as i'd like to have a go making some 'teams'

HaunterV
17-02-2010, 18:56
Orks had Initiative 2, and Nobs 3 in 2nd edition, just to help...

I haven't tried out the Orks or Imperial Guard in Space Hulk yet, but am currently working on Eldar myself, and have been discussing them with another SH player on here. I think you have been reading his rules already too. I don't intend doing my own stuff for IG or Orks so may just steal your rules after you've done all the hard work and playtesting, hehe!

Be my guest i've yet to playtest them too much.

Awesome work, well done. I was wondering where you got the template friom as i'd like to have a go making some 'teams'

I made all the ork rules up off the top of my head mostly. I'm not afraid to roll dice either so i kept a version of the rules with the "gets bored rule" still in effect for them.

As for using orks as terminators thatll take more tweaking imo. just cause the sheer variety of potential squads to use is staggering... though i kind of want to relive that moment for the ork Kommandos when they tried to infiltrate the hive city on armaggeddon only to be killed to a man by naked guys with knives and a knowledge of the tunnel/vent system

Inquisitor Kallus
05-03-2010, 00:33
sorry, i meant the template for the layout? which you put all the rules/stats on.

HaunterV
08-03-2010, 02:12
sorry, i meant the template for the layout? which you put all the rules/stats on.

the PDFs? i wish i came up with that.

Morty
28-03-2010, 09:48
The extra I bounuses for Heros was originaly represented by them giving a bonuse comand point to your draw. so that I 5 captain had 4 ap but granted a +2 to the number of cp you got for the turn.

As For where for where the info came from I was realy ucky one game day and maniged to corner the games desiner for the day and had a realy long talk with him about the stuff he would of liked to put in but was not given the go ahead for, inc Edar herlequins..

Out of this discushion emerged the basic conceptes of the game, tha main on of which that he veawed the game as being an reinactment of those max 30secondes that make or break a firefight after bothsides have moved into position. the distances invoved in a move action are suposed to be realtivly pathatic when cosidered out of combat but as any combat vet' will tell you
moving under fire is hell..

So the game uses 3 seconds as a time referance for each players turn so as each side geats an even shake...........

Also Space hulk used 2nd ed Stats for deturmining I stats and orks were I3 and Bosses I4, so orks should have 3ap per turn and Bosses maby giving +2 Bonus CP depending on what CP system you are using.
Not a lot of ap but if you let nobz and Boses grant extra Cp still a workable force and if you See my Imp' guard list Still an afective defender

mrt181
23-04-2010, 09:36
(Khorne) Chaos Space Marine Terminators replace the Blood Angels.
(Death Korps of Krieg) Guards replace the Genestealers.

The Terminators are a boarding team on an intact imperial navy vessel.

The Guards can use all doors in LOS and use all doors in a room at once if the room is in LOS (using intercomm, an operator opens or closes the doors) for one AP.
If one guard has LOS to an enemy, the Guard behind him has also LOS (the first on kneels and shoots, the second one is standing). One Guard has a plasma gun another one a flamer (if a Guard with a special weapon dies, another one can pick it up as long as it has ammunition - special weapons do not respawn)

For every 5 dead Guard a Demon (Bloodletter of Khorne) appears adjacent to a Terminator that is nearest to the last killed Guard. The Chaos Player has no control over the Demon, it will always move to and attack the nearest Guard until it is killed. The Demon can't use doors, it can only try to destroy one (The Guard should try to lock it up in a room or corridor, to get time or lure it away - they are butter for the Demon in CC). Each Demon adds an CP to the Chaos Players pool.

After some turns, the Guard get Heavy weapons support (Multimelta Servitors). The Terminators should hurry, the Guard need to hold out.

odinsgrandson
30-04-2010, 16:07
Interesting rules. I'm going to be looking over this along with the Enter the Hulk version of the different races.

HaunterV
19-07-2014, 00:19
Wow it doesnt seem like 4 years.. but, it has been. thank you all for the input. I'll be trying the rules out again as I've found some gamers and time to try stuff out again.