PDA

View Full Version : Lashwhips the new Frag grenades?

Rydmend
12-01-2010, 16:09
Most tyranids lost the ability to take frag grenades but now lash whips alter the defenders to I1. Whip wielding tyranids at least get to strike at the same time, this helps warriors and tyrants assault into cover and not have their attacks go wasted if they get creamed.

My question is do you think this will be a common trend in newer books? Using frag grenades sparingly and instead have other items that alter things like I or number of attacks?

Shadowfax
12-01-2010, 16:13
I don't see how this could become an overall design philosophy without the designers becoming a laughingstock, and exposing their rules as shortsighted and unguided.

After all, 5th edition was heralded by the "Free Frags For Everyone!" codexes. So to then turn around and make frag equivalents a rarity in every non-Imperial army would be unfortunately dumb.

WH40KAj
12-01-2010, 16:20
I don't see how this could become an overall design philosophy without the designers becoming a laughingstock, and exposing their rules as shortsighted and unguided.

After all, 5th edition was heralded by the "Free Frags For Everyone!" codexes. So to then turn around and make frag equivalents a rarity in every non-Imperial army would be unfortunately dumb.

Was it dumb? Or is it just a consipracy? :shifty:

Rick Blaine
12-01-2010, 16:22

But it would be even dumber to have cover rules that didn't affect a single model in the game. ;)

Shadowfax
12-01-2010, 16:27
They're effected every time someone points a lascannon at them.

Vepr
12-01-2010, 17:00
It had to have been done for balance but it is pretty harsh on stealers, warriors, and hormagaunts to lose frags. The internal balance on this new dex is questionable and I am starting to think the external balance against other 5th ed codices is not much better. :eyebrows:

Cheeslord
12-01-2010, 17:03

Yes, it would be really terrible if anyone started thinking that.

Mark.