PDA

View Full Version : Bretonnia Wish List

CommissarSean
13-01-2010, 13:40
I have heard whispers going around my local GW that Bret are up for a new book by the end of the year (dont know if this is true or false). This thread is NOT a rumour thread it is simply to see what people want to be in the new book; models, characters, rules ex ex and what people think might be dropped.

CommissarSean
13-01-2010, 14:05
I for one think that there will
a) Be more peasant units. Maybe some sort of upgraded body guard peasants.
b)Removed the 1+ on units of KOTR
c)Many more magic iteams and Virues being aling the same lines and vampire powers
D)Many more special characters, both hero and Lord

I hope there will be
a) More ways to combat fear and terror, it ther death if me in games
b) Hope of a lore of their own

Shadow_Steed
13-01-2010, 14:19
More infantry! Perhaps a plastic box of ten new "not-so gritty" men-at-arms, with different weapon choices, maces, swords etc.

Plastic and better looking Grail Pilgrims.

Plastic Paladin/Lord kit, this is a must!

A boost for my master/rider, the living(?) legend himself!

From the heart of a true knight!

CommissarSean
13-01-2010, 14:25
Ye defo. However i must say i do like the m@a box set. I think it a nice kit. However i think that m@a need a rules upgrade1!!!!!!1!!!!
And a change to Ling Louen Leoncoeur, for 728pts he sucks!

Rolo Ramone
13-01-2010, 14:43
- A rule who let the Knight charge through the peasants or something that give the peasant a better interaction with knights units. I donīt wanna play with Empire, just a minor fix.

- Men-at-arms at lower points. 1 less itīs good.

- A fix to the Hippogriff. I really like that miniature, looks great with the rest of the army, but itīs a weak choose (and a expensive one).

- Some kind of archer unit to replace the skirmish archers for something with more "flavour". A great idea from the Round of the Table are the "Brigands" (those with Betrand). Basically the same but with some rules like "outlaw" or something like this.

-Dogs of Hunt. No bigs mastiffs, just dogs. I was thinking in a base 20x20 with 2 dogs each one.

- A Peasant hero.

- The return of Respanse and Baron Odo DīOutremer avec Sulliman Le Sarracen.

For now, thatīs it.

CommissarSean
13-01-2010, 14:58
Ye i like them ideas Rolo Ramone. I do like the idea od dogs however i thinnk it would be cooler if they are some huge hunting dogs of death :D and i do LOVE......

- A rule who let the Knight charge through the peasants or something that give the peasant a better interaction with knights units. I donīt wanna play with Empire, just a minor fix.

I can just imagine the knight runniong though a rabble of peasants kicking and riding them down so they can get to the combat and all the glory lol :D

Col. Frost
13-01-2010, 15:22
Heres my wish list:

Peasants

M@A - cheaper, too expensive for what they do.

Longbows - actually make these the deadly weapons of war they were. Either up the shots fired per turn to 2(reported that a decent longbowman could fire up to 12 shots a minute), up BS of archers to 4 to represent the years of practice need to fire the longbow or give them an armour penetrating upgrade (bodkin heads)

Slight reduction in cost of mounted Yeomen.

Knights
Lance formation should produce impact hits for the front rank of horses to simulate a heavily armoured horse and rider slamming into the enemy formation.

Rework questing knights to make them more enticing choice in the current game.

Hippogryph needs reworking, you don't get a lot for 200pts

Foot Knights (or heavier armoured, better WS M@A option)

No Dragons. Knights are meant to kill them, not ride them...

As for the models,
Plastic Lord/Paladin kit

Archers that actually look like they are firing bows, not looking at bendy sticks and thinking :wtf:

jayzerus
13-01-2010, 16:46
Check this thread out. A lot of good ideas in there.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235110&highlight=wishlist

Knifeparty
13-01-2010, 20:32
First Post!

Personally I would like to see different types of vows as opposed to only the wardsave given by the lady at the begginning of the game.

If you pray you can choose one vow for the whole army or something along those lines a bit like how they did the Black Templars codex for 40K

Could be hatred, magic resistance, and the wardsave as it is now, maybe some other things.

mr.kislev
14-01-2010, 03:00
M@A - cheaper, too expensive for what they do.

Longbows - actually make these the deadly weapons of war they were. Either up the shots fired per turn to 2(reported that a decent longbowman could fire up to 12 shots a minute), up BS of archers to 4 to represent the years of practice need to fire the longbow or give them an armour penetrating upgrade (bodkin heads)

only if my woodelves get that.

Petey
14-01-2010, 07:06
My fixes?
*Pegasus Knights to Rare no unit limit, unit size 1-5
*Trebuchet to Special
*Reliquary to Rare added special rules to give bonuses to all peasants
*Infantry brought in line with new points costs as seen in other army books
*Questing Knights available on foot or mounted.
*Change the virtues; have them in addition to magic items, no doubling costs, change some of the powers to be more inline with current game design, etc
*Remove rank bonus from Lance formation, otherwise keep it the same
*Peasant hero as in a brigand that gives a unit of skirmishing archers that he joins the scout rule
*More special characters (to be expected really)
*Add lore of heavens to hero level damsels options
*Add arcane items that let give the damsel specific spells to target knight champions/heroes with similar to how it's handled in beasts of chaos.
*Alter vows, It seems rediculous to me that every duke in brettonia is a grail knight or questing knight or disallow the Lord from taking those as he would be too busy running his fief.
*Battle Cleric special character or unit upgrade for units, inspiring knights and peasants to greater feats of courage in the name of the lady.
*The fluff and feel of the army should change to be even closer to crusader knights and also make their armies more likely to be in errantry wars some random place on the planet
*More fluff that is medieval in flavor, dark and get away from the arthurian nonsense.
*Unit of battle monks, special choice, lower stats than men at arms, frenzy, impetuous charge (as knights errant) provides the lady's blessing to peasants nearby, Better weapon options than peasants, May not be joined by heroes.
*The blessing have a point cost, maybe 20pt per unit of knights, with some units getting it for free (unchanged as far as bonuses it currently provides) instead of losing the first turn
*Peasant archers remaining unchanged, they re perfect
*Keeping Men at arms crappy, but allowing for veteran men at arms via a virtue or special character
*Banner that gives the impetuous rule to a unit who carries it, ie must charge, immune to psychology on a turn you charge. Any knight unit may take this banner instead of a buying a normal or magical banner that they would normally be allowed
*Dont change peasant duty
*A special character princess that you give your opponent, that he must put in a unit or give to a monster that gives you bonuses when fighting that unit/monster. You get extra vp for saving her, limit one per army. Lose vp if you don't save her by the battle's end
*Banner that makes a knight unit cause fear or terror on a charge
*An arcane item that lets you cast bear's anger on a mounted knight
*allow damsels to cast spells while in a unit of knights as if she were in the front row (either by army special rule or magic item)
*Here s a totally whacky one, a rare choice that gives you a piece of terrain that's considered sacred to brettonia, placed on the table outside both deployment zones, or inside the enemy's deployment zone, which gives bret knights some kind of bonus near it. Similar to chaos war alter, but they need to get to it, or near it, as they crusade to save/protect areas of the world sacred to the lady, wherever they may be, in Brettonia or out.