PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the GW blog?

Darnok
14-01-2010, 00:11
To be more precise: what's wrong with the "what's new today?" part?

I don't know in what time zone it is actually written and put online, but it can't be the UK or continental Europe - I'm past 1:00 CET, which makes it "tomorrow" even on the Island, and still no "news today" for yesterday. I noticed this trend the last days (and even weeks), with the "news" being posted later and later on any given day. The current record must have been last Friday, when it was put online at roughly 22:30 CET. But missing a full day is a new record.

So is there anything going wrong, or am I missing something? Maybe the blog is written by the US department, which would give them a few more hours. Or is there actually something going on? I'm just curious. I always thought a daily blog should be updated daily...

Lord Dan
14-01-2010, 00:56
I always thought a daily blog should be updated daily...

What happens when there's no news to report? This.

Ironbreaker
14-01-2010, 01:08
What happens when there's no news to report? This.

If you check their Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/voxcaster), you'll notice they uploaded two 'Eavy Metal Masterclasses.
Normally the blog updates at least to point them out.

Wintertooth
14-01-2010, 01:44
Weather/illness? It's usually posted by "Andy" or "Rob". It wouldn't take much of a coincidence to keep two people out of the office, and it's that time of year.

They also translate it into multiple languages. That's a lot of people involved where something could go wrong.

Schmapdi
14-01-2010, 02:24
Is it that big a deal that they miss a day? Maybe whoever updates it has a day off?

Lord Dan
14-01-2010, 06:06
Is it that big a deal that they miss a day? Maybe whoever updates it has a day off?

It's Twitter. A 24-hour absence always means zombie apocalypse.

Harry
14-01-2010, 09:51
It is written by the web team based in the UK.
There are not many of them.

Maybe they have just been set back by the snow like the rest of the country.
This is the UK. First sign of a flurry ... get home in a hurry. :D

Grimmeth
14-01-2010, 10:42
Nah, can't be the snow, I second Lord Dan - Zombie Apocalypse must be the cause!

The Ginger Ninja
14-01-2010, 10:54
Does anyone know what timezone they update in? its friday here, and yet its still tuesday on the blog

Grimmeth
14-01-2010, 11:17
It normally updates about 5:00 GMT, but it does vary - I'd presume it's GMT as they're based in the UK.
This is an assumption though, not complete fact.

Darnok
14-01-2010, 13:40
This is not the Apocalypse, I just wonder what's worng. For the Blog it's still Tuesday, which is odd considering it was on time until now.

Gav2k
14-01-2010, 14:31
Does anyone know what timezone they update in? its friday here, and yet its still tuesday on the blog

See that's the problem with living on Mars. You're bound to be a few days behind ;)

Baggers
14-01-2010, 15:21
Maybe they have just been set back by the snow like the rest of the country.

I thought it was. First sign of snow, stay in bed.

Grimmeth
14-01-2010, 16:48
I wish I'd have gone for that idea.
Alas, it's not all good living walking distance from my place of work...

Darnok
14-01-2010, 17:44
Not so funny: when I try to read the current blog entry (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=7300007a), I only get a white page with "It works!" written at the top... strange. Anybody getting the same result? :eyebrows:

Harry
14-01-2010, 18:37
They are clearly lost in a white out. :D

Harry
14-01-2010, 18:40

I thought it was. First sign of snow, stay in bed.

But it doesn't rhyme. :cries:

That should be 'First sign of snow ... home we go'. :D

My personal favorite as a teacher is "First sign of the gritters ... get rid of the critters" :D

Flying Toaster
14-01-2010, 21:12
Heh Harry I didnt notice your post rhymed until you pointed it out. I suppose thats how most of the rumors you hand out occasionally have the same effect as - until point out something, nobody knows!

IJW
14-01-2010, 21:21
Not so funny: when I try to read the current blog entry (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=7300007a), I only get a white page with "It works!" written at the top... strange. Anybody getting the same result? :eyebrows:
WD archive additions and a Black Templars army for me. Raptor Jump Packs on the assault squad and the closed-top Land Speeder are nice.

The Ginger Ninja
14-01-2010, 23:28
WD archive additions and a Black Templars army for me. Raptor Jump Packs on the assault squad and the closed-top Land Speeder are nice.

Same here, probably the snow preventing them from getting to work. I wonder if peoples orders are still getting dispatched from GW? that may answer questions

Cherrystone
15-01-2010, 00:01
Same here, probably the snow preventing them from getting to work. I wonder if peoples orders are still getting dispatched from GW? that may answer questions

I ordered some metal minotaurs (after the shock of the new plastic) on sunday and received them yesterday (wednesday).

Wintertooth
15-01-2010, 20:55
Mystery solved. Tyranids ate them all.

You may have noticed that there has been no blog the last two days. The dark shadow cast by the Hive Mind has been playing havoc with our systems to say nothing of our minds.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=7300010a

The Ginger Ninja
15-01-2010, 21:45
Dammit Ninja'd.

-=Lazuli=-
16-01-2010, 03:19
Normally for each day they miss, an article is posted somewhere. The last 2 or 3 days without blogs posts had new tyranid articles.

zoggin-eck
16-01-2010, 03:20
It doesn't say it's a "daily" blog anyway, so what's the fuss?

"What's new today" doesn't mean there has to be something new every day. It's simply new, today.

Lord Dan
16-01-2010, 04:17
My personal favorite as a teacher is "First sign of the gritters ... get rid of the critters" :D

You're a teacher, Harry? I guess this isn't really surprising, I just always imagined you fighting crime or something.

Harry
16-01-2010, 09:09
You're a teacher, Harry? I guess this isn't really surprising, I just always imagined you fighting crime or something.
Yes. I teach children with behavioral problems. So I guess I am fighting crime in a way ... by catching them young. :D

First sign of a flake ... home before break. :D

I think the 'what's new' has been great fun and shows GW making an effort to improve communication about some of what is going on in the studio.

The Ginger Ninja
18-01-2010, 04:02
Yes. I teach children with behavioral problems. So I guess I am fighting crime in a way ... by catching them young. :D
Wow, I would never of guessed, always thought you had something to do with GW

I think the 'what's new' has been great fun and shows GW making an effort to improve communication about some of what is going on in the studio. Yes, the blogs have been great, but they direct thier love to the usual races, I have yet to see a DE article, and tau, necrons, (until recently) tyranids, Inquisition, and many more don't normally get a mention

Sureshot05
18-01-2010, 17:51
First sign of a flake ... home before break. :D

Please don't tell another rhyme,
you're officially making it a crime. ;)

Darnok
18-01-2010, 17:57
The Blog seems to be on line again. And this thread has run its course.