PDA

View Full Version : Devilfish sprue question

Nakor
14-01-2010, 00:16
do devil fish come with smartmissiles? if not, what do you reccomend to make them out of? ive got 4 to outfit in the mail at the moment.

i dont have many suit missile pods so thats not an option, id like them to be uniform.

cheers

Thud
14-01-2010, 00:17
Yes, but only one IIRC.

Creeping Dementia
14-01-2010, 00:26
No they don't come with SMS.

To be honest, I'd never buy a Devilfish, buy the Skyray box. It comes with everything to make a Devilfish... or a Hammerhead... or a Skyray... for only a little more than a Devilfish.

The SMS are on the Hammerhead sprue, you can buy that sprue individually too, but you pay more overall than just getting the Skyray or Hammerhead.

Thud
14-01-2010, 00:37
Ack! Smart Missiles! Sorry about that, I somehow read it as seeker missiles. You don't get SMS.

SonoftheMountain
14-01-2010, 02:22
It's been a while since I had my Tau, but believe they come with 1, maybe 2, but no more.

Nakor
14-01-2010, 05:23
so the skyray has the hammerhead railgun and ion cannon too? argh if i had know this 2 days ago!

CraftworldsRus
14-01-2010, 06:54
Well, if it helps, I made a Smart Missile system by taking both halves a Havoc Missile system(I think that is the CSM one) and setting them under the top fins of the Tau tank flat, one half on each side. I removed the chaosy bits, of course.

borithan
14-01-2010, 17:55
It5 seems a bit daft that they still have the separate hammerhead box when the skyray includes the parts. OK, the devilfish being separate makes sense (doesn't need any of the parts from either the other tanks), but if you are selling a box with all the parts of another one, but with extra, why have the first, especially as they are exactly the same price.

Actually heard a similar things about chaos landraiders. They have all the stuff for loyal landraiders and an extra chaos sprue, so even if you want a loyal one you should buy the chaos one, as you get extra bits you could probably find use for elsewhere (even just to dump in your bits box).

Creeping Dementia
14-01-2010, 17:59
It5 seems a bit daft that they still have the separate hammerhead box when the skyray includes the parts. OK, the devilfish being separate makes sense (doesn't need any of the parts from either the other tanks), but if you are selling a box with all the parts of another one, but with extra, why have the first, especially as they are exactly the same price.

To sucker people that don't know into buying a kit for the same price but less plastic.