PDA

View Full Version : Why no Flesh Hooks or Grenades?

Goreishk
17-01-2010, 04:53
It seems that in the new Tyranid Codex that only Carnifexes and Lictors have options for these things.

Why doesn't my Hive Tyrant and many Genestealers have this option anymore?

HiveFleetEzekial
17-01-2010, 04:55
A question far better suited being asked of the guys who wrote the codex, not here. We can only speculate, not give you a definate answer.

Aside from that, this is the rumors section. Meant for rumors, not 'why do x, y, and z choices suck/pwn/only have _ options' kind of questions. Or questions in general, for that matter. Take this to General Discussions.

Goreishk
17-01-2010, 04:58
I know that, I just want to know if everyone else is angry about it aswell?

azimaith
17-01-2010, 04:59
Who knows, the hive tyrant has a lash whip so at worst he's striking at the same time, but the genestealers don't get much of a choice.

Gutzmek
17-01-2010, 05:01
Please close this thread. This is a question for General, not News & Rumours.

Bolter Bait
17-01-2010, 06:02
Hopefully it gets moved, so I will post. One theory is that we're supposed to rely on pinning things before assaulting them (as a unit that has gone to ground is easier to assault in cover if you lack grenades). Unfortunately, our pinning weapons are both few and expensive, as well as all being weapons that scatter. The combo that comes to mind is using a broodlord to reduce a unit's Ld by 1 and next turn shoot it with either version of the strangler or biovores, hoping to pin it before assaulting. Sadly, this would take two turns to pull off, would mean that the broodlord and friends would stand around doing nothing for a turn and relies on taking either Biovores or either version of the strangler.

shabbadoo
17-01-2010, 06:18
He knows it and posted anyways.:eyebrows: Here's a friendly bit of advice: go ahead and read THIS (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26207) thoroughly, and you'll probably get a lot less negative attention from the moderators. Guests(i.e. all of us members) should be respectful of their hosts'(i.e. the administrators/moderators) wishes. It is common courtesy.

As for me, not so angry. Carnifexes don't look like agile climbers anyways, not to mention their low Initiative meaning they will likely strike last, so who cares if they don't have "grenades". Besides, grenades for bugs sounds kinda daft to begin with, hence the loss of them on some unit choices. Lictors, the poor buggers(pun definitely intended :D) have been garbage since 2E, so I am not surprised that they remain so. At least they have the pheromone thing now.

azimaith
17-01-2010, 06:33
Lictors have fleet now which lets them come in behind a vehicle then go after it next turn even if it moves 12 so that seems pretty decent. Plus not being tied to area terrain lets me put a lictor where its really needed which is a big deal. Once again, he won't slaughter units but at least now I can put him in a spot where hes going to do the most good without worrying about finding area terrain.

philbrad2
17-01-2010, 08:53
Neither news nor rumours please read THIS (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26207) before posting questions in N&R

PhilB
:chrome:
+ + WarSeer Moderation Team + +