PDA

View Full Version : What Dark Eldar modles would you like to see?

The Base
19-01-2010, 19:30
Personally I think the warrior models right now are great. All they really need is an extra spur with dark lances and sybarite options.

The bikes could also use similar treatment. They are good, but just lack the options. The raider and ravager seem more or less fine to me.

Mandrakes, these guys are nice but the model is way too flat. Needs a new model.

Wytches look brutally bad and need a new model.

Archon/Dracon are probably 2 of the worst models GW has ever produced. They really need to replace these guys.

dark_wulf
19-01-2010, 19:34
I have yet to see Blasters in the codex or Mail Order. In fact, a modelling guide for making these weapons would be nice if they can't be bothered to add the models to the range. But even then, will they screw over conversions too like my Autocannon wielding Marine Scout?

Tymell
19-01-2010, 19:42
Most will probably say "All of them", and certainly I'd agree on a lot.

The ones I'd most like to see would be wyches, mandrakes, grotesques, hellions, warriors and scourges. Warp beasts are pretty terrible, but they also feel like models that work well being proxied.

The archons/haemonculi would be nice, as would the talos, but not urgently.

And I feel incubi, raiders and reaver jetbikes are pretty much fine as they are, maybe with just the odd minor change/new bit.

Souleater
19-01-2010, 19:43
I would like to see all of them redone.

Some are okay...warriors and wyches aren't too bad...but the range would benefit massively from a complete redo.

Unfortunately the matter is rather irrelevant to me because it looks like my new house is going to be sucking up spare cash for the next few years :(

primarch16
19-01-2010, 19:44
Plastic wyches are a must, they could make a decent boxed set.

Raider and ravager could easily be a combined plastic kit.

I have a feeling jetbikes will stay as they are.

New archon metals would be good, also haemonucli and incubi.

Plastic grotesques or mandrakes would be good.

To be fair the entire range needs doing, but there's some main bits that need sorting.

Ramius4
19-01-2010, 19:47
Everything but the jetbikes and raider/ravager.

In my opinion, the warriors are terrible. The hands are too big, and everything lacks crisp definition. Look at the regular Eldar and how each armor plate is defined well, standing out from what's underneath and lending a refined appearance. Not a single DE model compares. They have a 'flabby' look (no, I don't mean fat).

Stylistically the DE range of models is good. Good conceptualization, bad execution.

The Base
19-01-2010, 20:20
Everything but the jetbikes and raider/ravager.

In my opinion, the warriors are terrible. The hands are too big, and everything lacks crisp definition. Look at the regular Eldar and how each armor plate is defined well, standing out from what's underneath and lending a refined appearance. Not a single DE model compares. They have a 'flabby' look (no, I don't mean fat).

Stylistically the DE range of models is good. Good conceptualization, bad execution.

Some times I think the same thing about the warriors, but every time I look closely at them I notice tons of detail.

I think its more of a question of how they are normally painted than how they are modeled. They are really hard to paint well.

jsullivanlaw
19-01-2010, 22:38
In my opinion the worst DE models are:

Mandrakes: Horribly scrawny and ugly models. The model at least reflects how crappy their stats are.

Warriors: Look cheap with bad proportions. Too spindly with horrible heads. Splinter rifles break very easily. Not as ugly as mandrakes but since they comprise a large section of an army they make an entire army look bad.

Wyches: Some are actually ok, but a lot of them have ugly faces.

Talos: Stupid looking model but only because the whole concept was stupid in the first place.

Warp Beasts: Yuck

Hellions: Stupid concept, hence, stupid model

Scourges: See Hellions

Haemonculi: Very ugly models, like the mandrakes they are very very scrawny and this does not reflect toughness 4.

DE Models I like:

Incubi: Awesome models, especially the vect bodyguards with trench coats.

Female Dracon: I love her hairstyle, not a bad model overall.

Raiders: I like the vehicles, no problems there for me.

Reavers: I like the bikes just fine.

Sybarite: I like the metal sybarite, this is how the warriors should have looked. Not as spindly and more fleshed out.

Dark Lance Warriors: See Sybarite

I'm indifferent on the other models.

TrojanWolf
19-01-2010, 23:43
I would like to see new Dark Eldar models period. That out of the way...

I find that things like the warriors, incubi and the talos are perfectly fine models, even if the warriors could use an update. Lelith Hesperax, Drazhar and Urien Rakarth I believe are some of the nicest character models out.

From Shadows
19-01-2010, 23:44
Anything..........

Archangel_Ruined
19-01-2010, 23:46
All of them. I don't think they're a pretty army, at all.