PDA

View Full Version : [PCRC] presents: Heroes of Ultramar

Apologist
22-01-2010, 10:05
You wish to best me? I am an Ultramarine. I have already won.

Hi all,
The PCRC's (www.pcrc.org.uk) latest mission pack is now available for download. The pack is WIP, so we'd appreciate any feedback on missions, background, layout etc.

The pack revolves around the the heroic defenders of Eagle Bastion, Macragge: the first company of the Ultramarines Chapter, and their struggles against the invading Hivefleet Behemoth.

Including:
+ Expanded rules for lictors, the plasma blaster, air ducts and more
+ Five Space Hulk missions
+ Full background

Click to download:
HEROES OF ULTRAMAR (http://www.mediafire.com/?yhyzmixzjgy)

wilsongrahams
22-01-2010, 11:26
Great work there. I've read through the missions, though not played any yet.
First of all I have to say, the missions are very well designed to be interesting and new maps, and I'm really looking forward to playing them.
Without playing - and I stress this, as it may be different - but in my experience I can judge a mission by looking first. All I would say is that there seems to be very little in the way of genestealer activity in missions 1-3 and an extra blip would make things tougher. Mission 1 also does not allow the genestealer player to win at all - best is a draw even if he wipes out all marines.

Mission 3 shows an interesting matrix with the air ducts too, however i think that the librarian will be more than a match for the lictor when there is still only 1 blip per turn. And can psychic storm etc be cast into ducts? Maybe a Lecicanium with only 10 psi points rather than 20 would make things more challenging here?

Also mission 4 only has 5 starting spaces on the map and needs 6. This also could benefit from 2 blips per turn I think, as there is a short route to the object and long fields of fire that will be easy to cover whilst the captain grabs the object.

Mission 5 is perfect as is, though it brought up the point that a previous mission using close combat terminators other than the one with lightning claws would be interesting, though with the marines not having to actually go anywhere they can keep on overwatch and maybe 3 blips would make this more difficult, or maybe have them low on ammo and losing the sustained fire bonus?

Overall, fantastic work, and I'm really excited and looking forward to playing these missions. I hope you see my comments as constructive as that is how I intended them to be.

HaunterV
22-01-2010, 21:23
Agreed for mission 3 I suggest an "Exhausted" rule imposed on the Librarian , just say he was using his abilities almost constantly up to this point and so he is at either Half PSI points or the cost for his abilities including channeling into the force weapon are all doubled for the duration of the mission.

as mentioned above, terrific job and lets see more in the future. This is why we put our ideas out there on the net, to have others help point out things you may or may not have seen or be on the fence about

:D

Apologist
25-01-2010, 08:32
Cheers for all the valuable and constructive feedback, and keep it coming! :)
We really like making these packs, so as long as people keep using 'em, we'll keep making 'em.

I'll post up the updated version soon.

HaunterV
25-01-2010, 10:45
Suggest models or conversions for the campaign too :)

goroul
25-01-2010, 23:19
Fantastic stuff, looks really quite excellent.

I might like to see a little more variation in the rules for the Lictor to differentiate it from the Broodlord slightly, perhaps being able to turn back into a blip when not in line of sight for the loss of an attack dice or something similar (allowing the Lictor to disappear and reappear accross the map).

At any rate I am looking forward to giving it a go!

Goroul

nedius
26-01-2010, 07:42
For lictors, I'd make them a normal genestealer for CC, but with the 'hard to kill' rule for shooting - representing their chamelionic scales. they could also have a variation of an 'ambush' rule, so they don't appear from blip entries as normal, but can be placed anywhere on the board more than 6 squares away from a terminator.

HaunterV
27-01-2010, 05:34
Classic Lictors had flesh hooks, that could be a fun mechanic.

Destructorn
29-01-2010, 02:12
This is really well done, looking forward to the update.

One thing- on page six, there are two sections marked 'text'. I'm not sure but this feels like a typo to me? If it isn't, I'm not clear what the function of putting the word text here is.

+1 to suggestions for making the Lictor a bit different to the Broodlord. An optional fleshhook attack that force-moves Marines could be very interesting.

wilsongrahams
29-01-2010, 07:32
The text is for missing information that has not been written yet, as this is still a work in progress. Also there is little information on characters for the pack.

Never getting sustained fire bonus versus the lictor could be useful to make it harder to kill as well as making it more elusive. Not sure about flesh hooks - shooting would mean it'd stop trying to sneak around so much. Space Hulk doesn't open up too well to too many changes in tactics.

HaunterV
29-01-2010, 12:48
The text is for missing information that has not been written yet, as this is still a work in progress. Also there is little information on characters for the pack.

Never getting sustained fire bonus versus the lictor could be useful to make it harder to kill as well as making it more elusive. Not sure about flesh hooks - shooting would mean it'd stop trying to sneak around so much. Space Hulk doesn't open up too well to too many changes in tactics.

Let it move and fire the fleshhooks for free. on a 6+ it pulls a marine 1 space closer to it. Now you may say whats the point, it could just move two spaces closer to the marine. The point is it could possibly pull the marine one square out of a T or + junction thus saving your units from potential overwatch fire.

Or...

Let it move through friendly models, just say it scrabbles along the wall/ceiling.

Or give it some homebrew wargear I just come up with.

Chameleonic scales/Field - The 'Sustained fire' bonus is ignored when shooting at a unit with this wargear.

Bio Plasma/Plasma gun - 2AP to fire, kill on 3+(4+) , Ignores hard to kill rule, cannot go on overwatch, 'Gets Hot!'

Rules:
Gets Hot!- increase # needed for each roll by +1 after the 1st, if the roll is failed, the weapon is jammed and cannot be used for the rest of the turn, CP cannot be spent to unjam a weapon jammed in this manner

I have more rules n toys to play with here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239490)