PDA

View Full Version : Space Hulk Reprint?

Malakai
22-01-2010, 10:33
Some people on BoLS are speculating that Space Hulk might be getting a reprint this year. Have you guys heard anything about this?

Whitehorn
22-01-2010, 10:47
I got the impression they had a load of stock leftover in the US which needs redistributing. All speculation though.

Malakai
22-01-2010, 10:52
It says it's unavailable in the online store.

Bookwrak
22-01-2010, 11:23
Some people on BoLS are speculating that Space Hulk might be getting a reprint this year. Have you guys heard anything about this?

I would find that rather doubtful. The fact that in the US at least, there are still a few copies floating through various GW stores seems to indicate that they judged what the demand would be for the game pretty well. Given how much of the game was outsourced, there would need to enough people out there still wanting to buy a copy to justify another large run.

Mannimarco
22-01-2010, 11:39
the hype around it seems to have died down now

when it first came out everybody wanted a copy and were paying well above what it was worth to get themselves a copy but to look at ebay now you'll see that people who bought it with the hope of cashing in arnt even breaking even now when whit it first came out you could charge somthing like 10-!5 per model and it was selling

besides, it would annoy a lot of people if the "super mega limited release once its gone its gone so you better buy it now!!!1!" suddenly came out for general release, many would see it as GW chasing a quick buck and this would create some bad blood between the company and the fans

wilsongrahams
22-01-2010, 11:40
I agree, highly unlikely, especially when they listed it as limited edition when they did, less than 5 months ago. I'd say they miniatures stood SOME chance of being made available, but other than a download of the rules, I wouldn't expect to see it for at least five years.

pookie
22-01-2010, 11:44
Consideriing BolS get there rumours from here, i find it doubtful too.

Keebrev
22-01-2010, 14:37
I'd say they miniatures stood SOME chance of being made available,

That would sit well with the new tyranid dex and the upcoming BA dex.

TheBigBadWolf
22-01-2010, 14:40
besides, it would annoy a lot of people if the "super mega limited release once its gone its gone so you better buy it now!!!1!" suddenly came out for general release, many would see it as GW chasing a quick buck and this would create some bad blood between the company and the fans

I doubt GW would give a crap if you have already bought it thinking it was super dooper limited, they have your money now, thats business, there are some people who didnt get it and dont want to pay ebay prices.

Lord of Worms
22-01-2010, 14:44

- Removing bitz ordering
- Making WD one big advertisement
-$10 tape measures
-$7.50 for Plastic glue that doesn't work
-$7.50 for a toothpaste-tube of white glue

...yeah, they would really give the wrong impression if they did that:rolleyes:

Wintermute
23-01-2010, 08:06
I'm moving this thread to the Space Hulk forum

Wintermute

Baggers
23-01-2010, 08:22
Its happened before. When they released the Helms Deep limited edition terrain piece. They charged it at 40. A year later they found some more stock and added an extra 10 to the price. I would not be surprised to see it being rereleased.