PDA

View Full Version : Question about Phantasy Star 1&2 for Gamecube

x-esiv-4c
20-05-2005, 18:36
Hey everyone,
I've been thinking about getting Phantasy Star online 1 & 2 for the gamecube, now as I understand it, a connection isn't necessary in that the game can still be played offline with someone else in a splitscreen format. The Xbox version requires you to have XboX live subscription even to play the offline mode. Does the game-cube version have a stipulation like that? I've played the Phantasy Star on the Dreamcast way back, is it similar?

Thanks!

MeatTank
20-05-2005, 20:39
PSO Ep1&2+ is almost identicle to the DC version except for obvious additions such as more character classes, more weapons and, of course, Episode 2. The GC version features no online stipulations and is quite playable offline. Be warned though, split-screen can prove to be a pain in the ass: with two players the top and bottom of your screen are removed (thus making the Dragon next to impossible to fight) and with four players, the game slows down to all most unplayable levels. However three palyers works very well... hope you have a couple of friends to play with. :p

x-esiv-4c
20-05-2005, 21:11
what do you mean by: "the screen being removed? "

Hiox
20-05-2005, 22:20
For 2 players player one gets the top half of the screen and player two gets the bottom. Instead of just streching each players screen it crops it so the top and bottom of each players screen is cut out. This does come with the advantage of making FOnewms more usable as you don't have to see the ugly shoes ;).