PDA

View Full Version : inquisition codex rumours

LirEdinSun
02-02-2010, 04:54
I got a few nice bits of info/rumours and various 'inquisition' codex's

Witch hunters and Daemon hunters are going to be combined to form an 'Inquisition' Codex and they are going to have 'Xeno hunters' added to it. Grey knights may get there own codex.

The new battle sisters have their molds ready and apparently has been ready for the last 3 years.

and should all be happening around June/July time.

now I'm going to speculate a lot now as to what I think might be in the new inquisition codex.

I guessing all figures are usuable in all 3 branches of the inquisition but with loads of 'prefered enemy' option/rules.

a major rewrite of the assassin rules so the 5th edition rule ties in perfectly. I have a lot of conflicts using my Evasor assassin.

more Vehicle options I would really like to see a inquisition drop pod :D

can anyone add to this?

Vineas
02-02-2010, 05:03
Very iffy on the time frame. 8th ed. Fantasy is said to come out in July so GW is not going to release a 40k codex/army that close to a major rules release.

Not to mention I've heard C:I is a ways off yet.

nightshade_eyes
02-02-2010, 05:09
Same old rumours...

Maxis Lithium
02-02-2010, 05:29
Well, stick monky Did at one point say he had seen a 3-up of some Grey Knights, so while there's no real news here, I am hopeful for a Gtey Knight codex by the end of 2011.

Vhalyar
02-02-2010, 06:18
Same old rumours...

This. Looks like LirEdinSun just took a bunch of rumors and pasted them together, even though none of them hinted at I coming any time soon. And wish-listing to top it off, great thread :rolleyes:

Bestial Fury
02-02-2010, 06:42
GK's separated from DH INQ makes absolutely no sense to me....so I'm swimming in salt.

Azzy
02-02-2010, 06:50
Witch hunters and Daemon hunters are going to be combined to form an 'Inquisition' Codex

All reliable sources have vetoed this idea time and again. :eyebrows:

MadCowCrazy
02-02-2010, 10:10
can anyone add to this?

All I can add is my compilation over at Heresy for any =][=, GK or SoB fans.
Its too big to post on every forum I visit so Im keeping it in one place for easy updating.
Compilation Thread (http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?p=560146#post560146)

The Red Scourge
02-02-2010, 10:24
GK's separated from DH INQ makes absolutely no sense to me....so I swimming in salt.

Nope. Its not like there aren't enough space marine armies already :p

Darnok
02-02-2010, 10:26
Without anymore credibility added this thread may soon go the ways of the dodo.

Maybe these rumours are genuine, in that case I'd rather leave this open. The OP should add a comment about where he "got it". I may advise the general public to not spam the thread until then.

Darnok [=I=]

The-Malefic
02-02-2010, 11:12
From what I've heard, there will be a codex: grey knights... sooner rather than later.

Spiney Norman
02-02-2010, 11:15
I'm not sure if this adds to this thread, but I was in my local GW store on saturday (looking for a heavy flamer sister of all things) and I was told the entire Witch Hunters range had been pulled from the stores and was now DS only. They didn't even have a copy of the codex. They did have a very limited selection of DH models, (I think 1 box of terminators, Coteaz+retinue, the codex and assassin blisters).

Given that the WH codex and sister of battle squad box disappeared from the OLS a while back does that mean the only way to get hold of them is a lucky visit to an independent stockist?

If these rumours are true, I'm going to be exceedingly poor come july.

Epicenter
02-02-2010, 11:33
I was told the entire Witch Hunters range had been pulled from the stores and was now DS only.

The larger part of the WH range has been direct-only for a while here in the United States. You can find the odd Battle Sisters box, a Canoness, or a Battle Sisters Rhino/Immolator box at a GW store, but for the most part, everything else has been direct-only for me - at least for two years now.

That they've yanked the rest doesn't really surprise me at all.

If you want to talk about "stuff being yanked direct-only" being a sign of a new Codex, talk to Dark Eldar players. ;)

While I'm not poo-poo'ing on the original poster, I don't like to hope with stuff like this - it just leads to disappointment. I'll wait and see.

d0dgeuk
02-02-2010, 11:38
Rumours about Grey knights and Sisters have been ongoing for while with no substantive time scale for any refit. The recent pull of the codices and box sets have certainly kicked speculation up a notch but as far as I know it is all speculation at this stage. They are a low selling stock so might just be an effort to give more shelf space for the Nids, BAngels and Space Puppies new boxsets, it might have been they were low on stock in the company and couldn't justify the cost of another production run or it might be something more. I think the closest we have come to anything substantive was a BOLS comment that the general consensus only was that work was being started or planned for their update and some 3up WIP models have been sighted according to here

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4251814

However that would put the timescale for a new codex at early next year really at the latest. As stated above, the middle of this year is going to be a big fantasy 8th ed push so very unlilkely to see a new 40k major update then as well.

To summarise....same rumours, nothing new.

Lotoc_Sabbath
02-02-2010, 12:11
Very iffy on the time frame. 8th ed. Fantasy is said to come out in July so GW is not going to release a 40k codex/army that close to a major rules release.

Not to mention I've heard C:I is a ways off yet.

Quote for truth. From the info we have 8th ed. is on june-july and the 40k codex after BA should be necrons as Harry said more than once.

I think you're info is a fake. Who gave it to you?

JAck

pingo
02-02-2010, 12:41
Why would you spend hundreds of thousands of pounds cutting plastic injection molds then put them on a shelf for 3 years?

Hamarpain
02-02-2010, 12:55
My friend just tried to order DH Codex through GW store. Took them a week to tell him thereīs none left. So basicly they are going to withdraw at least DH Codex even from DS. Though this happen in GW Helsinki, i think thatīs a sign that they are at least coming. Even if that means June-July, itīs kinda weird to stop selling it almost half an year before the new one comes.

static grass
02-02-2010, 12:57
The new battle sisters have their molds ready and apparently has been ready for the last 3 years.

The problem is if you look at the BT and DA sprues I think everyone wa/is pretty happy with them. But fast forward to SW and BA in space hulk... You cant even compare them.

Based on how much GeeDub has improved over the last 3-4 years. I really doubt they would go with a 3 year old design even if it existed.

More likely the sisters were scanned 3 years ago, prior to the digital sculpting stage. But that not what the rumour says.

I think some one is pulling your leg.

Worsle
02-02-2010, 13:31
The codexes being missing is not a sign we are getting new books any time soon. It just means a new printing run is not economically viable. As far as I know there have not been German or French printed copies in years instead you can just get a pdf of the GW site.

I would also agree that there is no way GW would keep plastics on hold for 3 years just does not make any sense. The combined codex has also been squashed too many reliable people for it to seem at all likely.

Eternus
02-02-2010, 13:46
I know what some people think about store staff info, but I recently broached this subject and was advised there is no timescale for new Codexes, but 40K Battles may see new releases for several armies, including Sisters. I suppose we'll find out over the next 2 months.

viking657
02-02-2010, 13:51
I'm sure that someone reliable on warseer mentioned newly done Grey Knight Terminators not so long ago? Anyone know who?

The codex's going off sale is most unsual, like Worsle said pdf of the french/german versions is available but the codex's dissappeared weeks ago and still no pdf in english.
I find it highly unsual because with any new release the old codex is always available right up until the new one goes on preorder. Gw are quite happy to sell stuff thats about to go out of date to those who don't know better so why pull it now?

Lets hope for the best, I too would like to know were this orignally came from

Spiney Norman
02-02-2010, 14:04
Quote for truth. From the info we have 8th ed. is on june-july and the 40k codex after BA should be necrons as Harry said more than once.

I think you're info is a fake. Who gave it to you?

JAck

Necrons after BA this year? Thats news to me, the last I heard the most reliable sources on this site were hinting at early 2012 for Crons. I don't remember Harry saying anything about crons this year recently...

Why would you spend hundreds of thousands of pounds cutting plastic injection molds then put them on a shelf for 3 years?

Ohhh, you never know, they might have made the moulds 3 yrs ago and then someone dropped them, although I admit, dropping the moulds is usually scheduled for a few years after they put the minis into production ;)

d0dgeuk
02-02-2010, 14:04
If you see my post from the last page

I think the closest we have come to anything substantive was a BOLS comment that the general consensus only was that work was being started or planned for their update and some 3up WIP models have been sighted according to here

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4251814

Azzy
02-02-2010, 15:21
Necrons after BA this year? Thats news to me, the last I heard the most reliable sources on this site were hinting at early 2012 for Crons. I don't remember Harry saying anything about crons this year recently...

From what I remember of the sayings of the wise ones, I wouldn't expect Necrons to be the next codex after the Blood Angels (as it's been said that the Dark Eldar are further along than the Necrons).

The earliest I can see DE being release, however, is November, but I wouldn't get my hopes up, place bets or hold my breath on that.

As I interpret the signs, visions and fractured phrasings of the great prophet Harry, I would personally guess that Black Templars are on the horizon for this year. Still, I would keep in mind that the schedule past BA is not set in stone as of the last Holy Utterance and that unexpected things may occur.

Perhaps if we are lucky Harry, himself, may decide to weigh in on the matter and clarify what he has previously said.

d0dgeuk
02-02-2010, 15:26
Is there a way we can call on the great man? Like the thistle whistles from The Family Ness or incantations we can say?

"Oh Harry, appeareth before us and bless us with your foresight and knowledge lest we endlessly churn the same small nuggets of stuff over and over again!"

Kalishnikov-47
02-02-2010, 15:48
Is there a way we can call on the great man? Like the thistle whistles from The Family Ness or incantations we can say?

"Oh Harry, appeareth before us and bless us with your foresight and knowledge lest we endlessly churn the same small nuggets of stuff over and over again!"

You have to use the mighty pie conch shell....its the only thing that will awaken him from his slumber. It also looks and sounds cool.

Captain Ventris
02-02-2010, 16:20
I'd heard late 2010 for Crons as well and been told about some of the ideas they had been tossing around for new units, new feel for the Crons (apparently they are supposed to be re-forged as this slave-machine army rather than ancient sentient beings that they are now...some such as that)

*old news alert*

also been told that the C'Tan are definately out and will be replaced by a necron lord Matrix system of some sort, three levels of lord and three body styles (foot slogger, Destroyer, Wraith) makes for 9 lords possible....also supposed to be a "dissident" special character, though don't know who or what his story is...two new units with a possible third (one vehicle, one Foot slogging unit and the third is supposedly a Monstrous Creature of sometype described as a mechanical scorpion of some sort that is slightly larger than a Tombspyder) the Crons are supposed to have a much more techno-egyptian feel for them similar to the original models. there will be re-cuts/re-designs for Warriors, Scarab swarms, Flayed ones, and Tomb spyders, including two new lord models one with Wraith body and a new foot slogger...Lots of rules changes to make the necrons more up-to-date with the style of 5th edition (moving WBB to FNP, all Necrons have the SAP rule, Warping is completely changed for Monoliths etc.)

With regards to the Inquisition, the book is not even fully written yet much less ready for playtesting...they will supposedly be combining all three branches into one and the Inquisitor type you choose decides what is troops and what is not...past that I've not heard boo about them

incase anyone cares, my info comes from a good friend who used to work as a Regional Sales Director for GW and was privvy to the upcoming releases that were being worked on so he could plan to have the stores push certain merchandise that would be outdated so they had less going back to the distribution center to be put in the obsolete racks...he no longer works for GW so again my info is very dated as in Circa Sept. 2009 so they've likely made much more headway with regards to the Necrons and inquisition and the release dates may have moved forward or back depending on their progress

please take with as much salt as you deem fit. he has been about 70-80% reliable on his information

Captain Ventris
02-02-2010, 16:20
You have to use the mighty pie conch shell....its the only thing that will awaken him from his slumber. It also looks and sounds cool.

thought it sounded like Pie...

KingNova3000
02-02-2010, 16:49
Wow, I'm so excited about the slim prospect of getting a Inquisition dex this year. It makes me tingle all over how good Sisters will be, they'd have some really amazing gear, faith powers and etc. I can see the entire faith point system vanishing and the powers becoming upgrade abilities for squads, that are activated via a LD test from the unit.

Assassins...man dont get me started on how narly they'd be with the 5th ed treatment. They could very well be one many army models. Or perhaps standard versions of the Assassins and Unique-Special Character versions, that are twice as powerful as the standards...

KingNova3000
02-02-2010, 17:05
Oh if the INQ dex was to come out Mid-year why would GW pull the codex from their shelves 6 months early? Easy. Inquisition models (SoB, GK and etc) aren't high sellers at the moment, their image is fairly plane and is never openly displayed in big colour glossy photos in WD. So start pulling the stuff from the shelves, stuff that doesn't sell well in the first play. Watch speculation spread across the internet as all the wargamers start to debate why the dex was pulled so early. Then the word-of-mouth starts to build, how great they're going to be as wishlisting has become fact. Soon after the BA release a big mysterious coming soon image will pop in WD, creating speculation to the gamers who dont follow the internet hype and start fueling the already roaring rumour forum fires. Next thing you know a month before the new Inquisitor dex comes out the word is out, they're a fresh new army for those who have always overlooked them and gone for the more blatent SPACE MARINES or ORKS. Presto! Games Workshop has created a new army out of a old race.

Vhalyar
02-02-2010, 17:15
Guess I was too hasty, looks like Codex I might just be coming.

Cool. Feel like telling us? Otherwise your post contributes nothing.
Unfortunately, when I have info like this I usually don't share it at all so as to avoid getting anyone in hot water and I did agree not to blab too much on this when I was slipped some info recently. However, I've already seen others posting the exact correct info as it was given to them by staff members at GW stores around the country, so I felt like I could chime in a little bit on it since others have already spilled the beans. In other words, many people are already posting it and are correct even though they're at times a bit unsure about it. Honestly, you really already know what it is since you're paying attention to this topic and related ones. There have been many posts about it recently, including a Jan. 13 topic on one of the most popular Warhammer blog sites. Forgive me for being a bit cryptic, but don't all the good advance info suppliers on forums follow that path?

Interestingly, one of the few times I had a huge lead on advance information and felt I could post it, no one believed it except for Harry at Warseer who also knew about it months ahead and messaged me with his personal support at the time. Specifically, I posted that 5th edition 40K was coming 6 to 8 months ahead of time on that other forum a couple years ago and the post was met with derision. I also ceased participating in that forum shortly thereafter. My experience there as a whole, except for Harry and a few others, was very negative.

As for what he's referring to by a January 13th blog entry is http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2010/01/40k-news-where-has-inquisition-gone.html.

Wait and see I guess.

Souleater
02-02-2010, 17:20
@ Spiney Norman: I don't want cheap Necron warriors, either. I'd like to stick with a very hard to kill elite style of force.

@ Captian Ventris: I don't suppose you had any word on Dark Eldar?

Lotoc_Sabbath
02-02-2010, 17:55

No, Harry has told it more than once that necrons will appear in late 2010, he confirmed codex was started writing in March-April 2008 and was due to come out in September. I am really sure of this since i asked him personally once in one of the old (1-2 months ago) topics talking about the new necron release.
Belive me on this I'm sure.

Codex Inquisition is not very near from release form what I heard in GW Italy headquarters some time ago.
I also don't think that the recent facts (the removal of codices and some sets) is very significant since if codex Inquisition would be due for September (thing which I don't think is likely to) they wouldn't have removed the sets now, 7-8 months earlier its no sense for me.

JAck

EDIT: please can the thread author post his source, please?!?

Tymell
02-02-2010, 18:01
I got a few nice bits of info/rumours and various 'inquisition' codex's

Witch hunters and Daemon hunters are going to be combined to form an 'Inquisition' Codex and they are going to have 'Xeno hunters' added to it. Grey knights may get there own codex.

and should all be happening around June/July time.

Can I ask your source? No need to name names, but I'd be much more inclined to believe this if there was something behind it.

I heard you have to look into a pie and say his name three times. But none of my friends or I have had the bottle to go through with it.

Bestial Fury
02-02-2010, 18:02
I'm sure that someone reliable on warseer mentioned newly done Grey Knight Terminators not so long ago? Anyone know who?

The codex's going off sale is most unsual, like Worsle said pdf of the french/german versions is available but the codex's dissappeared weeks ago and still no pdf in english.
I find it highly unsual because with any new release the old codex is always available right up until the new one goes on preorder. Gw are quite happy to sell stuff thats about to go out of date to those who don't know better so why pull it now?

Lets hope for the best, I too would like to know were this orignally came from

The SW codex was not sold or in the codex splash pages in WD for at least a year or more.

duffybear1988
02-02-2010, 18:24
I wish this rumour was true but I doubt it very much.

The reason that daemon hunters and witch hunters never sold very well was because they insisted on releasing nearly everything in metal. If they had made plastic sisters, grey knights and stormtroopers then you can bet they would have sold much more as the imagery for both armies is so fantastic (the best in 40k). It was a foolish error by GW not to make plastics and their mistake is evident in the lack of sales of both armies. Hopefully when the new =I= codex finally gets released we can look forward to plastic troops!

Deff Mekz
02-02-2010, 18:32
Well Brass Scorpion knows which Dex he's coming out on BoLS he just won't spill the beans. Although he gave a teaser, it was basiclally saying "Something paler than black." I can't remember his exact words, but to me, that says GK not BT.

Spiney Norman
02-02-2010, 18:38
Well Brass Scorpion knows which Dex he's coming out on BoLS he just won't spill the beans. Although he gave a teaser, it was basiclally saying "Something paler than black." I can't remember his exact words, but to me, that says GK not BT.

Or maybe it WILL be Necrons *ducks*

I mean come on, Dark Eldar, Black Templars and Battle sisters ALL wear black :D

Orkfaeller
02-02-2010, 18:41
Necrons after BA this year? Thats news to me, the last I heard the most reliable sources on this site were hinting at early 2012 for Crons.
Friends who run a TT-Store ordered a couple of days/weeks ago some Codices and got a mail from GW that said something like " Are you shure u want to order Tyranid and Necron Codices? There will be new ones soon"

pingo
02-02-2010, 18:52
Can't be that soon. BA's are in April. Plenty of time to sell an old Necron codex before any other one will be released.

MajorWesJanson
02-02-2010, 19:15
I wish this rumour was true but I doubt it very much.

The reason that daemon hunters and witch hunters never sold very well was because they insisted on releasing nearly everything in metal. If they had made plastic sisters, grey knights and stormtroopers then you can bet they would have sold much more as the imagery for both armies is so fantastic (the best in 40k). It was a foolish error by GW not to make plastics and their mistake is evident in the lack of sales of both armies. Hopefully when the new =I= codex finally gets released we can look forward to plastic troops!

At the time, the detail in the metal models was far better than plastic. Thus they went all metal and splurged on the detail and imagery. Now plastic has caught up, and a PA plastic box and GKT box will actually do justice to the design and look good alongside the metal versions.

Vhalyar
02-02-2010, 19:16

Read my post a little bit up, Brass Scorpion pretty much confirmed that it's codex I. Now the question is if he's reliable, which I have no idea. It's apparently not the first time he's released information that turned out to be true, so I'm*inclined to believe him until something shows up to contradict his claim.

evilsponge
02-02-2010, 19:18
I'll believe the Codex: =I= when I see it. Sounds like someone is putting out a red herring for us to follow, especially since many more reliable people have said they're staying separate.

Emeraldw
02-02-2010, 19:29
I'll believe the Codex: =I= when I see it. Sounds like someone is putting out a red herring for us to follow, especially since many more reliable people have said they're staying separate.

We...have? I have been keeping up with any inquisition rumors as I can. Many have PURPOSED and ASSUMED they would be separate due to current trends but some reliable people have said that it will be one book. No one has come out and claimed that it will not.

Still, the idea of =I= this year makes me giggle :D

philbrad2
02-02-2010, 19:29
This thread is on INQUISITION CODEX RUMOURS not Necron or Dark Eldar. Lets keep it on track people, first and last warning.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= +

laudarkul
02-02-2010, 19:49
I'm still waiting for a Christmas order which includes 2 squads of SoB, 2 Immolators and an Exorcist. I hope that I'll receive them next week...
For me this and the fact that some things are not anymore on GW site makes me think that something is going on with the =][= forces.
Main problem is that those 2 armies are not very popular ones so only with a next Battle Missions/Planetstrike will see an update of DH/WH armies.

evilsponge
02-02-2010, 19:59
We...have? I have been keeping up with any inquisition rumors as I can. Many have PURPOSED and ASSUMED they would be separate due to current trends but some reliable people have said that it will be one book. No one has come out and claimed that it will not.

Actually it was confirmed by Jervis himself that the two armies wouldn't be combined.

"Jervis kindly delivered a seminar in Bugman's on Saturday night, and after running through the new releases for january (and February?) he was open to questions. With regard to most 'further out than the next two months' questions he stated that it was impossible to say what would come out when......

.....I asked about the rumoured combined/not combined Inquisition book. What he stated was that Witch Hunters and Daemonhunters will remain seperate army lists, that they remain part of the planned 4-6 year edition life cycle, and that the focus will shift towards the militant chambers for each rather than the emphasis being on the Inquisitors. He indicated that the emphasis came from the fact that they were working on Inquisitor at around the same time and basically got a bit carried away.

precinctomega
02-02-2010, 20:03
What little I have to contribute is as follows:

My sources are two steps removed from the real information. They work with people who do printing work for GW, who see the printing schedule, but not the details. Word is that, despite WFB 8th Ed (definitely this year), there are four printing runs for 40k codexes this year. The first was Nids. The second is Blood Angels. Fourth is allegedly Dark Angels (yeah, that made me say "WTF?", too - I merely report my information). The big question mark is over what the third one is.

This would align with a codex in the June-Aug window. I have to say that my trawling of the rumours elsewhere has given literally NO hint of what codex number three is going to be this year. I was assuming Necrons or Dark Eldar, but every time I run this up the flag to contacts close to the Studio, it gets shot down (they won't say what it IS, they just say it isn't Necrons or Dark Eldar - but, mind you, these are the same people who swore blind that the Secret Box wasn't Space Hulk!).

Inquisition?

Hell, it could be. Given the way Nids was sprung on us at GD last year and no one saw that coming, I wouldn't be all that surprised.

R.

mdauben
02-02-2010, 20:12
Actually it was confirmed by Jervis himself that the two armies wouldn't be combined.
People keep confusing the idea of a combined codex with the idea of a combined list. I don't think most people are talking about a combined =I= list where GK, SoB and even DW can be mixed into some totally boken, unfluffy mess (at least I am not). We are about simply including all the lists (still separate and distinct) in one book.

...and that the focus will shift towards the militant chambers for each rather than the emphasis being on the Inquisitors.
This is actually what I worry most about,moreso that any combined/separate debate. I love the Daemonhunters list, with its mix of Inquisition, GK, Inducted IG and allied SM. Its a unique, colorful and very fluffy list. If we end up with a Codex: Grey Knights its just one more SM codex and I for one will probably just drop the army and sell off my DH minis if that happens. :mad:

Irbian
02-02-2010, 20:16
Fourth is allegedly Dark Angels (yeah, that made me say "WTF?", too - I merely report my information).

Wait what? :confused: First new I think.

In other issue, I dont see inquisition this year. Not with the rumours heared here. But, who knows, maybe is a surprise, maybe the secret box is something related with the inquisition and then... like space hulk with nids and blood angels.
Wild speculation :D

Ozybonza
02-02-2010, 20:34
I can't seen it happening.....

SM/IG/SW/nids/BA/inq/DA?

6/7 codex's are imperial?
Have been specifically told no DA....

As my three armies are DH,IG and DA, nothing would make me happier, but I call BS. Not intentionally by the OP mind you - I just don't think his information is correct.

Voss
02-02-2010, 20:43
The larger part of the WH range has been direct-only for a while here in the United States. You can find the odd Battle Sisters box, a Canoness, or a Battle Sisters Rhino/Immolator box at a GW store, but for the most part, everything else has been direct-only for me - at least for two years now.

What? Most of it hasn't. The local stores around here (VA) have been getting regular restocks of Witch Hunter stuff along with everything else. Several people in the local group have bought sisters and various other WH things right off the shelf, and they've been replaced in a week. The only thing I've seen someone have to special order is the penitent engine.

Emeraldw
02-02-2010, 21:45

My sources are two steps removed from the real information. They work with people who do printing work for GW, who see the printing schedule, but not the details. Word is that, despite WFB 8th Ed (definitely this year), there are four printing runs for 40k codexes this year. The first was Nids. The second is Blood Angels. Fourth is allegedly Dark Angels (yeah, that made me say "WTF?", too - I merely report my information). The big question mark is over what the third one is.

This would align with a codex in the June-Aug window. I have to say that my trawling of the rumours elsewhere has given literally NO hint of what codex number three is going to be this year. I was assuming Necrons or Dark Eldar, but every time I run this up the flag to contacts close to the Studio, it gets shot down (they won't say what it IS, they just say it isn't Necrons or Dark Eldar - but, mind you, these are the same people who swore blind that the Secret Box wasn't Space Hulk!).

Inquisition?

Hell, it could be. Given the way Nids was sprung on us at GD last year and no one saw that coming, I wouldn't be all that surprised.

R.

The fourth seems suspect to me as well, sounds like a placeholder codex to me. Though I am happy to be proven wrong.

exsulis
02-02-2010, 22:04

Are you sure its not the Dark Templar thing again cause that could go a couple different ways?

Although it was Harry who said if the stars aligned we may get 4 codexes this year :)

philbrad2
02-02-2010, 22:20
Although it was Harry who said if the stars aligned we may get 4 codexes this year :)

I think that line was more akin to "4 Warhammer 40,000 books" not just codicies.

PhilB

DeadlySquirrel
02-02-2010, 22:39
Well, we are all waiting for this, and finally it may arrive.

But this is old rumors, just put in to disrupt us on thinking of what GW are REALLY thinking of doing...

Ba'al Starslayer
02-02-2010, 22:51
Here are my problems...
Grey Knight being SEPARATED from the =I= ...? Yeah.... I can totally see that.
Jervis stated they will not be combined.
=I= is apparently planned for early/mid 2011, as far as I'm aware BT are after BA, and then DE after them. No rumours about them though, just 'plans'.
How can these rumours even BEGIN to be true? BA haven't even been released yet, so why are there rumours about them despite being months and months away?
The timescale doesn't fit. The new Edition of WHFB is being released around that time. Makes no sense to me.
As someone said earlier... "I'm swimming in salt here" =/

Kendo
02-02-2010, 23:30
I think that line was more akin to "4 Warhammer 40,000 books" not just codicies.

PhilB

Well, as of April we'd have 3. If the stars didn't align, then that would mean no more 40K for the rest of the year. I'd be just as happy to see another marine book before the year is out rather than see the release schedule full of Fantasy, or heaven forbid, LotR.

Azzy
02-02-2010, 23:55
People keep confusing the idea of a combined codex with the idea of a combined list. I don't think most people are talking about a combined =I= list where GK, SoB and even DW can be mixed into some totally boken, unfluffy mess (at least I am not). We are about simply including all the lists (still separate and distinct) in one book.

Huh, similar to the of Angels of Death codex... I didn't take that idea into consideration. Still, we'll see.

This is actually what I worry most about, moreso that any combined/separate debate. I love the Daemonhunters list, with its mix of Inquisition, GK, Inducted IG and allied SM. Its a unique, colorful and very fluffy list. If we end up with a Codex: Grey Knights its just one more SM codex and I for one will probably just drop the army and sell off my DH minis if that happens. :mad:

OTOH, though, the Adepta Sororitas really deserve more emphasis placed on them instead of the Inquisition. The Witchhunters codex sort-shifted them in that respect (along with less-than sensible rules decisions like making AoF inconsistent, and turning Sisters Hospitilar, Diagulous & Famulus into wargear... for an Inquisitor and not part of the SoB army, etc.).

More than anything, I hope they do right by the SoB. It's one of the more interesting Imperial armies.

Spectral Dragon
03-02-2010, 00:01
I heard they *might* seperate the inquisition into the chamber militants and the actuall inquisitor forces, however a lot of reliable people on this forum have said that inquisition is a ways off.

Gutzmek
03-02-2010, 01:36
Spectral DragonI heard they *might* seperate the inquisition into the chamber militants and the actuall inquisitor forces, however a lot of reliable people on this forum have said that inquisition is a ways off.

Probably form here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227956&page=7).

++++++

SCREEEEEEEEEECH!!!!!!!!!
SQUELCH!

"What Was That Paul!"

"I think we hit a dead horse.....":D

mdauben
03-02-2010, 02:37
OTOH, though, the Adepta Sororitas really deserve more emphasis placed on them instead of the Inquisition.
Now, I can't speak to the WH/SoB forces, as I don't play them and don't own the codex, but for DH/GK, I certainly would not object to them fleshing out the GK part of the list to the point where a "pure" GK force is viable. I don't particually want to play "pure" GK but lots of people do so adding to the GK part of the list would be fine.

What I hope we don't see is the Inquisition totally divorced from the GK (or SoB?) or essentially marginalized to a token entry in the overall GK (or SoB?) list. I really hope they retain the color and variety of the current 'Hunter codexes, and add anything they feel they need to without subtracting anything that's already there (retinues, assassins, death cult, arco-flagellants, IST, etc.). :(

IcedAnimals
03-02-2010, 06:43
With every reliable rumor on here saying "no" to a combined inquisition codex I find this very hard to believe. The removal of their codices from the store do strike me as odd however. All my rumor digging ways have lead me to believe that grey knights might get a codex this year. But that sisters players shouldnt expect either an =I= or SoB codex until at least next year.

Definitely neither of which will be coming in "june/july" though.

Ozybonza
03-02-2010, 07:21
With every reliable rumor on here saying "no" to a combined inquisition codex I find this very hard to believe. The removal of their codices from the store do strike me as odd however. All my rumor digging ways have lead me to believe that grey knights might get a codex this year. But that sisters players shouldnt expect either an =I= or SoB codex until at least next year.

I'd place my money with this guy.

Grey Knights codex - maybe this year. Anything else inquisition - not a chance.

precinctomega
03-02-2010, 14:10
Hand on heart, I can predict one important Inquisition release planned for Q4 2011, and that's the second edition of Inquisitor.

Cat... pigeons. Pigeons... cat.

R.

Zanzibarthefirst
03-02-2010, 14:38
i find it difficult to believe that they are rereleasing Inquistor. it was my impression that GW simply ignored all the specialist games. Now if they are thinking of bringing them back by all means

laudarkul
03-02-2010, 15:08
PhilB

Yes sir, but soon we are going to have three 40k books (Tyranids/Blood Angels/Battle Missions) all in the first 4-5 months. So only one 40k book for the rest of the year seems a little bit strange because my feeling is that 40k brings more than 70% of GW income. So if the costs are ok GW could push another codex this year (GK/WH or DE) or another "Space Hulk" release.

Kaldanesh
03-02-2010, 15:24

There has been some chatter about Grey Knights and Sisters of late. Stickmonkey had posted a bunch of things he had seen or heard may be coming in the near future. (including seeing concept sketches for both Grey Knights and Sisters units)
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4251814&postcount=1

What that means for future releases and dates is entirely uncertain. There has been some debate about whether grey knights would be stand alone or lumped together with sisters and current consensus is that these would be separate as stand alone armies seem to be the way of things these days. Personally the Grey Knights and Sisters have enough initial concept work done on them to expand each into its own codex with appropriate model support. Both are well developed concepts but lack the model support (particularly in terms of plastic kits) currently. It would be great to eventually see both of these as fully developed codices with a whole bunch of new models and plastic kits but I'm with the others on this, June/July of this year is nigh impossible to happen.

xNickBaranx
03-02-2010, 16:15
When Jervis spoke on the future of 40K a couple of years back at Adepticon he spoke a lot about the core armies and he was very specific when he went out of his way to say that they termed SoB as one of the core armies of 40K - not the Inquisition. Though it is entirely possible for them to crowd GK and SoB into one Inquisition book I'm with those who believe that Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle will likely get their own books. It's merely an opinion based on something Jervis said 2 years ago, but I'm pretty confident in it. Everything else that he said at that seminar has come to fruition. The ideas have evolved (stripped down Codexes didn't stay quite stripped down) but their overall strategy of core Codexes and a series of Expansions has remained unchanged.

IcedAnimals
03-02-2010, 18:46
There has been some chatter about Grey Knights and Sisters of late. Stickmonkey had posted a bunch of things he had seen or heard may be coming in the near future. (including seeing concept sketches for both Grey Knights and Sisters units)
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4251814&postcount=1

What that means for future releases and dates is entirely uncertain. There has been some debate about whether grey knights would be stand alone or lumped together with sisters and current consensus is that these would be separate as stand alone armies seem to be the way of things these days. Personally the Grey Knights and Sisters have enough initial concept work done on them to expand each into its own codex with appropriate model support. Both are well developed concepts but lack the model support (particularly in terms of plastic kits) currently. It would be great to eventually see both of these as fully developed codices with a whole bunch of new models and plastic kits but I'm with the others on this, June/July of this year is nigh impossible to happen.

I have read that thread. It is actually another one of the reasons why I am saying GK and SoB will not be merged. When I read and was keeping up with that thread while it was still in the rumor section before it turned into wish listing, all the grey knight stuff was much further along than the sister of battle stuff. Where as this thread is the first anyone has heard of sister models and the fact they were finished 3 years ago and sat on a shelf seems bogus.

There are many things in this thread that stand out as "warning flags" that the rumors are false.

Captain Ventris
03-02-2010, 19:46
@ Spiney Norman: I don't want cheap Necron warriors, either. I'd like to stick with a very hard to kill elite style of force.

@ Captian Ventris: I don't suppose you had any word on Dark Eldar?

again, my news is from last year, but the codex was finished and playtesting was mostly done as well, models were being finished and getting ready to be converted to plastic sprues/metal model molds. My buddy said they were looking at an early 2011 release as necrons bumped them back a bit

also though it wasn't directed at me...the warriors were supposed to be getting more expensive in the new codex to reflect some of the new rules they are getting. Apparently Necron forces will play heavily with the Rending rules...

Also for Inquisition...I'm almost 90% certain they are going to go with a lumped together book...it really makes the most sense...fewer books on the rack means more space for models, which sell a lot more than the books do. Combine the books, and now ever SoB and GK fanboy has to buy THAT book rather than splitting the two groups. Also it means less capital investment in printing and designing multiple books that realisitcally should be together. Since all three factions of the Inquisition work together for the most part anyways I'd have to say that GW would be outright silly to not combine the books with rules for allies within the spacemarine and Guard Codexes

Malakai
03-02-2010, 19:47
Hand on heart, I can predict one important Inquisition release planned for Q4 2011, and that's the second edition of Inquisitor.

i find it difficult to believe that they are rereleasing Inquistor. it was my impression that GW simply ignored all the specialist games. Now if they are thinking of bringing them back by all means

LOL! I've never EVER called anyone out on rumours here at Warseer, but I have to now. Specialist Games is dead and done. As much as I wish I could still play my beloved Epic it just isn't gonna happen.

Even if SG wasn't in the state it's in I also find it difficult to believe that someone could predict a 4th quarter rumour from 2011.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry for the OT post.

philbrad2
03-02-2010, 19:51
Very OT, everyone was warned, off to 40K General with this one as there is little news or rumour going on here.

PhilB

Gutzmek
03-02-2010, 20:51
Shouldn't this thread be merged of deleted. There is already a Inquisition rumors thread already.

Pink Horror
03-02-2010, 21:01
Shouldn't this thread be merged of deleted. There is already a Inquisition rumors thread already.

Already it's already been moved to the general forum already, so what more already do you want already?

I'd be happy to see the sisters combined with the knights. The army would have two good troops choices, a variety of vehicles, and lots of fanatics and other strange religious things to fill in all the cracks. Merging the two is so obvious and easy, I'd be a little surprised if GW actually did it. :p

Malakai
03-02-2010, 21:17
Isn't there going to be 3 missions for the Inquisition forces in "Battle Missions"? Maybe we'll get a better idea of the direction GW is going with the =I= when BM comes out.

laudarkul
03-02-2010, 21:20
Could be...Good point and let's hope that in a WD reports will see an =][= army:angel:...

IcedAnimals
03-02-2010, 21:27
Already it's already been moved to the general forum already, so what more already do you want already?

I don't think I have ever seen a single word used so many times in such a short period of time.

Bishamon
03-02-2010, 22:51
Now that this is in general I am going to join the fun and present my brainstorming to fit everything being rumored. Details below are in no way confirmed or even rumored, but presented to support my conclusion that multiple books will be released. (if I were doing it this is how I would do it)

Codex: Gray Knights
Complete stand alone army. All FOC slots filled with Gray Knight units. There is a pretty good common understanding of what this codex would generally look like.

Codex: Sisters of Battle
Complete stand alone army. All FOC slots filled with Sisters of Battle units. There is a pretty good common understanding of what this codex would generally look like.

Codex: Inquisition
Contains rules for Inquisitors. Unique Inquisition units. Rules for acquiring Imperial resources.

This book could maybe have some of the following:

Inquisitors must select Ordo they are working for. There will be general selection powers as well as Ordo specific powers. General list of wargear as well as Ordo specific wargear. Fluff may do the same for henchmen, general henchmen as well as Ordo specific henchmen.

Unique units will include stormtroopers for all Ordos, Assassin for all Ordos, Landraider Transport for all Ordos. Deathwatch as elite for Ordo Xenos. Arbites as elite for Ordo Hereticus. Daemonhost as elite for Ordo Malleus. This approach would allow the designer to bring some characterful models the book to give an Inquisition list a unique look on the table.

Ordo Xenos can pull Space Marine resources
Ordo Hereticus can pull Sisters of Battle resources
Ordo Malleus can pull Gray Knight resources
All Ordos can pull Imperial Guard resources

No combined resources (the no allies rules) - Fluff: As autonomous agents of the Imperium, Inquisitors do not ally themselves with armies. The Ordos make their resources available to their Inquisitors and the Inquisitor is going to pull from trusted resources first. If unavailable they will pull the guard. The Inquisitor is never commanded by anyone else. If an Inquisitor is involved in a conflict, they are in command of all Imperial units involved in that conflict.

Doing the above would put out three unique books with the Inquisition book "combining" the other armies, making many of the seemingly opposing rumors going around potentially accurate.

Gutzmek
04-02-2010, 00:11

I'd be happy to see the sisters combined with the knights. The army would have two good troops choices, a variety of vehicles, and lots of fanatics and other strange religious things to fill in all the cracks. Merging the two is so obvious and easy, I'd be a little surprised if GW actually did it. :p

Posted after the thread was moved to General. There is a =I= rumor thread here (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227956).

So, I did not proof read. It's o.k., I'm from the U.S.

Something strange is happening to GUTZMEK!
Let it happen?
YES-NO

Gutzmek
04-02-2010, 00:48
GUTZMEK has evolved into HIGH GUTZMEK!(100 posts)

++++++++

I'm still pulling for =I=/GK and SOB/Ecclesiarchy books.

Separating the Gk from the =I= then keeping the SoB with the =I= seems weird. Sure, it works if we are talking about game balance (everybody has stormtrooper stats), but fluff wise it's silly. The GK were created as a chamber militant to the Ordo Mallius (and arguably the whole =I=). Sisters are the ecclesiarchy's army, they are only borrowed by the =I=.

philbrad2
04-02-2010, 01:23

Quite possibly, they should both get sharpened sticks and see who's strongest ... two enter ... one leaves!

PhilB

Pink Horror
04-02-2010, 02:57
\No combined resources (the no allies rules) - Fluff: As autonomous agents of the Imperium, Inquisitors do not ally themselves with armies. The Ordos make their resources available to their Inquisitors and the Inquisitor is going to pull from trusted resources first. If unavailable they will pull the guard. The Inquisitor is never commanded by anyone else. If an Inquisitor is involved in a conflict, they are in command of all Imperial units involved in that conflict.

That's just allies by another name. A knight, sister, guard, or marine army with a few inquisition things thrown in. I'd prefer a stand-alone book, as different as possible from the others. Grey Knights alone are another marine codex, but as part of an army including priests, seraphim, immolators, inquisitors, assassins and arco-flagellants, they are one item in an interesting bag of goodies.

Eldanno
04-02-2010, 03:02
I am throwing my money in that they won't have a combined book because as you may have noticed witch hunters codex has been pulled down. They have done this with few other armies when codex was going to be updated soonish. But who knows id be happy as soon as my grey knights maybe don't cost as much or abit better for the pts cost that they are now! :P

NagashTheSorcerer
04-02-2010, 06:45
Based on what I've heard from GW employees (some of them pretty high up and well connected) and other gamers, as well as 40k's own history, I have a few theories about the future of the Inquisition.

First and foremost, I'm fairly certain that the Sisters of Battle will be getting their own codex, without Inquisitors or Assassins. Alot of long time Sister players we resentful that the SoB were relegated to the position of a Chamber Militant of the Inquisition to begin with, something I've heard from GW employees that the company has even acknowledged. Fluff wise, yeah, Sororitas may work with the Ordos, they may even have formalized their partnership with the O. Hereticus in the Convocation of Nephilim, but technically, they're still part of the Ecclesiarchy, not the Inquisition. In all probability, SoB will get their own codex, taking with them the other Ecclesiarchy units like the Priests, Arco-Flagellants and Penitant Engines. The new codex may even resurrect old Ecclesiarchy units like the Frateris Militia, Zealots, Confessors and/or Missionaries (that's pure conjecture, btw, but it seems possible)

So where does that leave the Inquisition?

As far as the Inquisitors and their Henchmen go themselves go, I'm pretty certain GW will condense Inquisitors from all Ordos into one book, and represent the difference between them in the options you take, rather then making them separate unit entries in and of themselves. Assassins will probably go wherever the Inquisitors go, for lack of a better book to put them in; Daemonhosts and the Inquisitorial Stormtroopers will obviously do the same. Deathwatch is the big mystery here, since I haven't heard anything about what GW intends to do with them (if anything). My guess is that if there is anything new with DW in an upcoming Codex, it will probably be similar to the Kill-Teams we already have. And for the Adeptus Arbites....... I'm sorry to any Arbie fans out there, but since the last new 40k scale AA minis were made for Necromunda over a decade ago, I wouldn't hold my breath for much more then what we already have: Stormtroopers with shotguns (Would be cool to see new cyber-mastiffs, but I wouldn't count on it.)

Grey Knights are the 600 lb gorilla in the corner, since they are rather popular, and how they are developed could have a huge effect on what a Codex: Inquisition could look like. Personally, I think GW will keep the GK with the Inquisitors (It's even stated in the fluff going as far back as the Realm of Chaos books from '87 that the GK were created specifically for the Inquisition). There seems to be a small possibility that there could be a Codex: Grey Knights, but with the GK being an actual part of the Ordos, unlike the SoB (the GK Chapter Master is even a member of the Inquisitorial Council, I believe) it seems unlikely they will be separated from the Inquisition. If there is to be a Codex: Grey Knights, then whatever is in the Inquisitor book may remain available as allies for other Imperial armies (a la Heros of the Imperium from 2nd and 3rd edition), since Inquisitors, Assassins, Stormtroopers, Daemonhosts and DK kill-teams don't really make a good army on their own. Either way, I'm sure we'll get some new Grey Knight units to fill out their army list

For me, the big question is weather or not the Allies system will continue. Certainly not with the SoB, but given the nature of the Inquisition, it may be possible that Inquisitors, GK, Assassins and others may be available as allies in other Imperial armies. While I am aware that GW is moving away from allowing armies to cross over (outside of Apocalypse), historically, Inquisitors, GK and Assassins have always been available as allies in other Imperial armies, from 2nd edition onward, and they may be an exception to the current trend. (note: that is just my opinion, I have not heard or read anything substantial to corroborate or disprove that theory) However, I won't be too terribly surprised if they make the Inquisition an army unto itself, given said trend (although it would be odd if Daemonhosts and GK were in the same codex without the ability to take allies).

Gutzmek
04-02-2010, 20:31
Quite possibly, they should both get sharpened sticks and see who's strongest ... two enter ... one leaves!

Two Men Enta! One Man Leave!
Two Men Enta! One Man Leave!
:D

Based on what I've heard from GW employees (some of them pretty high up and well connected) and other gamers, as well as 40k's own history, I have a few theories about the future of the Inquisition.

First and foremost, I'm fairly certain that the Sisters of Battle will be getting their own codex, without Inquisitors or Assassins. Alot of long time Sister players we resentful that the SoB were relegated to the position of a Chamber Militant of the Inquisition to begin with, something I've heard from GW employees that the company has even acknowledged. Fluff wise, yeah, Sororitas may work with the Ordos, they may even have formalized their partnership with the O. Hereticus in the Convocation of Nephilim, but technically, they're still part of the Ecclesiarchy, not the Inquisition. In all probability, SoB will get their own codex, taking with them the other Ecclesiarchy units like the Priests, Arco-Flagellants and Penitant Engines. The new codex may even resurrect old Ecclesiarchy units like the Frateris Militia, Zealots, Confessors and/or Missionaries (that's pure conjecture, btw, but it seems possible)

So where does that leave the Inquisition?

As far as the Inquisitors and their Henchmen go themselves go, I'm pretty certain GW will condense Inquisitors from all Ordos into one book, and represent the difference between them in the options you take, rather then making them separate unit entries in and of themselves. Assassins will probably go wherever the Inquisitors go, for lack of a better book to put them in; Daemonhosts and the Inquisitorial Stormtroopers will obviously do the same. Deathwatch is the big mystery here, since I haven't heard anything about what GW intends to do with them (if anything). My guess is that if there is anything new with DW in an upcoming Codex, it will probably be similar to the Kill-Teams we already have. And for the Adeptus Arbites....... I'm sorry to any Arbie fans out there, but since the last new 40k scale AA minis were made for Necromunda over a decade ago, I wouldn't hold my breath for much more then what we already have: Stormtroopers with shotguns (Would be cool to see new cyber-mastiffs, but I wouldn't count on it.)

Grey Knights are the 600 lb gorilla in the corner, since they are rather popular, and how they are developed could have a huge effect on what a Codex: Inquisition could look like. Personally, I think GW will keep the GK with the Inquisitors (It's even stated in the fluff going as far back as the Realm of Chaos books from '87 that the GK were created specifically for the Inquisition). There seems to be a small possibility that there could be a Codex: Grey Knights, but with the GK being an actual part of the Ordos, unlike the SoB (the GK Chapter Master is even a member of the Inquisitorial Council, I believe) it seems unlikely they will be separated from the Inquisition. If there is to be a Codex: Grey Knights, then whatever is in the Inquisitor book may remain available as allies for other Imperial armies (a la Heros of the Imperium from 2nd and 3rd edition), since Inquisitors, Assassins, Stormtroopers, Daemonhosts and DK kill-teams don't really make a good army on their own. Either way, I'm sure we'll get some new Grey Knight units to fill out their army list

For me, the big question is weather or not the Allies system will continue. Certainly not with the SoB, but given the nature of the Inquisition, it may be possible that Inquisitors, GK, Assassins and others may be available as allies in other Imperial armies. While I am aware that GW is moving away from allowing armies to cross over (outside of Apocalypse), historically, Inquisitors, GK and Assassins have always been available as allies in other Imperial armies, from 2nd edition onward, and they may be an exception to the current trend. (note: that is just my opinion, I have not heard or read anything substantial to corroborate or disprove that theory) However, I won't be too terribly surprised if they make the Inquisition an army unto itself, given said trend (although it would be odd if Daemonhosts and GK were in the same codex without the ability to take allies).

Personally, I think the Daemon host would be moved to CSM or Daemons. The only way I could see it working is if a Rogue option was added to the codex (so a possible codex would have options for combined, rogue, mallius, xenos, hereticus, and GK armies).

The ordos will defiantly need work. As it stands, the only difference between a Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor and Mallius one is wargear.

NagashTheSorcerer
04-02-2010, 21:29
Exactly. I've always felt that the Daemonhunters were more of a book of allies then an actual cohesive army. It is a rare sight indeed to go to a tournament or any place where people play 40k and see a pure Daemonhunters army. I see their units (GK especially) being used much more often as allies in Space Marine or Imperial Guard forces. In fact, the only pure DH armies I've ever seen are Grey Knight armies, sometimes with an Inquisitor, and only in larger (3000+ points) battles. And trust me, even those are uncommon in the extreme.

On the other hand, Sisters of Battle armies are fairly common, for the simple fact that SoB was an army unto itself already before the Witch Hunters codex, so the Sororitas already had an established fan base.

In any case, since the books are being pulled from the shelves, it means that we will probably be getting a new list for one or both of the armies in the not too distant future, most likely in the form of a White Dwarf article or a PDF file (much like they did with Blood Angels 2 years ago) so at least that will give us an idea of how they plan to develop SoB and the Inquisition for the new codecies that they are working on (although, like the Blood Angels, expect those books to come out a year or two from now).

mdauben
05-02-2010, 04:10
Exactly. I've always felt that the Daemonhunters were more of a book of allies then an actual cohesive army. It is a rare sight indeed to go to a tournament or any place where people play 40k and see a pure Daemonhunters army. I see their units (GK especially) being used much more often as allies in Space Marine or Imperial Guard forces. In fact, the only pure DH armies I've ever seen are Grey Knight armies, sometimes with an Inquisitor, and only in larger (3000+ points) battles. And trust me, even those are uncommon in the extreme.
All this has more to do with the fact that the current DH army is one of the least competative lists in the game, than any inherent lack in the concept or support from the fanbase. Currently DH are an army for modelers and for fans of the fluff. I think if they got a decent power-up, you would see a lot more of them in play.

NagashTheSorcerer
05-02-2010, 05:15
All this has more to do with the fact that the current DH army is one of the least competative lists in the game, than any inherent lack in the concept or support from the fanbase. Currently DH are an army for modelers and for fans of the fluff. I think if they got a decent power-up, you would see a lot more of them in play.

Well there is no doubt in my mind that DH (GK in particular) are very popular; I see them being used as allies all the time! :D But then again, DH and WH were designed to be used as/with allies, rather then on their own. SoB ended up as an exception to this, however, since they were already a well established army of their own before either DH or WH were made, which is why SoB armies are still rather common - they were already a complete and cohesive fighting force with an established fan base (not to mention Rhino Rush spam FTW)

Seriously, I do hope GW can make something of the DH. At the very least, the army as is could use a few new units (probably more GK or stormtroopers) to help fill out the army list so that they don't need allies. Alternatively, GK could get their own codex and Inquisitors, Assassins and the other stuff could remain available as allies for any Imperial army in an Allies mini-codex (though that seems unlikely; GW will probably opt for one Codex: Inquisition and simply focus on the development of the GK as the main muscle behind the =I=)

mdauben
05-02-2010, 15:13
Alternatively, GK could get their own codex and Inquisitors, Assassins and the other stuff could remain available as allies for any Imperial army in an Allies mini-codex (though that seems unlikely; GW will probably opt for one Codex: Inquisition and simply focus on the development of the GK as the main muscle behind the =I=)
Well, we used to have something similar in Codex Assassins before Codex Daemonhunters came out but GW squashed that as soon as the DH and WH books were out. In addition, IMO there are already too many codexes in 40K for GW to support, they don't need to be splitting the two 'Hunter codex into three new ones.

Personally, I would prefer to see the basic structure of the two codexes remain (=][= and associated Chambers Militant in one list), but flesh it out more, with more choices, especially for GK so that a "pure" GK list is viable (which it really isn't right now). Same for SoB although I believe they are a more viable force already than GK are.

Souleater
05-02-2010, 15:45
Sisters of battle were running around doing Inquistion type stuff in RT.

NagashTheSorcerer
05-02-2010, 18:29

Yeah, they were already a viable list long before DH and WH came along. I rather they just made SoB their own army (with the Ecclisiarchy units, though) and left Inquisitors and Assissins just in one book, with the difference between the various Ordos Inquisitors represented by the options you take when building the character. Pure Sister armies are rather common anyways, and many SoB players don't even use Inquisitors, Assassins or Stormtroopers, mostly out of pride and also , it seems, resentment over the fact that the Inquisition hijacked the what should have been the 3rd edition SoB codex. Fortunatly, it seems GW is fixing this (based on what I've heard) and now we will be getting a pure SoB/ Ecclisiarcy codex, while Inquisitors and Assassins will only be in the =I= codex.

NagashTheSorcerer
05-02-2010, 18:36
IMO there are already too many codexes in 40K for GW to support, they don't need to be splitting the two 'Hunter codex into three new ones.

Personally, I would prefer to see the basic structure of the two codexes remain (=][= and associated Chambers Militant in one list), but flesh it out more, with more choices, especially for GK so that a "pure" GK list is viable (which it really isn't right now). Same for SoB although I believe they are a more viable force already than GK are.

I think that is basically what will happen, but Inquisitors and Assassins will be exclusive to the =I= codex and there will be no cross over between the two. SoB shouldn't be considered part of the =I= anyways, they really deserve to have their own codex.

LonelyPath
05-02-2010, 19:19

Yep, I'm pretty sure it mentioned so in the RT BRB (but I can't find the info myself right now).

@ Gutzmek - the differences do go beyond wargear, there are also the henchmen options and units depending on which wing of the =I= you're using.

Souleater
05-02-2010, 19:37
@ Lonelypath...yes, it was.

@ Nagash: I also remember my fellow SoB players bitching and moaning about having Priests in their units. :D I didn't mind the Inquisition being able to call upon the Church's troops. It just gave sisters another reason to be fighting Xeno scum rather than spending their days hunting down Heretics i.e. renegade IG.

laudarkul
05-02-2010, 19:49
It's possible a monster codex which will contain =][= and GK. And other SoB/Ecclesiarchy codex. But the main problem is that if so, that's mean 2 codexes aka two major releases which addresses to a small amount of players and it's difficult to attract other players. So a big codex seems more plausible.

IcedAnimals
05-02-2010, 20:03
Grey Knights are basically super space marines. There is already plenty of a fan base there and if the grey knight codex does come out you will see a lot of "these space wolves count as grey knight!" It happens with every marine codex. Plus grey knight terminators look 50x cooler than regular ones.

When the grey knight codex comes out it will have all the Inquisition players, and plenty of space marines and guard players collecting them. Since they have those units in their codex and people will be able to use a lot of their own models already.

SoB have a decent fan base. Really these two codices have a large consumer base.

Xelloss
05-02-2010, 20:10
YPure Sister armies are rather common anyways, and many SoB players don't even use Inquisitors, Assassins or Stormtroopers, mostly out of pride and also , it seems, resentment over the fact that the Inquisition hijacked the what should have been the 3rd edition SoB codex.

The fact that, unlike pure sister forces, inquisition units tends to suck is not indifferent to this. Taking non-faithful units is already unattractive, but if the are over-costed too no wonders nobody like to take them.

NagashTheSorcerer
05-02-2010, 20:16
The fact that, unlike pure sister forces, inquisition units tends to suck is not indifferent to this. Taking non-faithful units is already unattractive, but if the are over-costed too no wonders nobody like to take them.

Well, yeah, there is that, too. Pragmatism always wins out in 40k.

NagashTheSorcerer
05-02-2010, 20:24
@ Nagash: I also remember my fellow SoB players bitching and moaning about having Priests in their units. :D I didn't mind the Inquisition being able to call upon the Church's troops. It just gave sisters another reason to be fighting Xeno scum rather than spending their days hunting down Heretics i.e. renegade IG.

I actually find that interesting since the original SoB codex from 2nd ed had priests in it, but then again, even back in those days pure sisters armies were preferred and if priests appeared at all in an SoB force, they were mainly used in Frateris Militia squads.

I have no problem with the Inquisition calling on the Sororitas, I just felt that if the whole idea of Daemonhunters was that they could be used as allies anyways, what was the point of re-printing Inquisitors and Assassins in the WH codex? Assassins and Stormtroopers were identical in both books, and the Inquisitors had only a very minor difference in wargear and psychic power options. Not to mention how much of the fluff in WH was sucked up by the =I=, and a lot of it was very similar to what was already in the DH codex, just modified slightly so it was about the O Hereticus rather then the O Mallus. It just seemed lazy, and I felt the SoB (and their fans) deserved better.

Vet.Sister
05-02-2010, 22:44
...Pure Sister armies are rather common anyways, and many SoB players don't even use Inquisitors, Assassins or Stormtroopers, .... it seems, (from) resentment over the fact that the Inquisition hijacked the what should have been the 3rd edition SoB codex.

QFPT*

*(quoted for personal truth) At least this was how I always felt. :(

Gutzmek
05-02-2010, 22:51
Yep, I'm pretty sure it mentioned so in the RT BRB (but I can't find the info myself right now).

@ Gutzmek - the differences do go beyond wargear, there are also the henchmen options and units depending on which wing of the =I= you're using.

Not if you consider henchmen part of the Inquisitors wargear:D.

My point was that if the Arco Flagellents, priest and penitent engines go to a SoB\Ecclesiarchy book then what is the difference (besides wargear).

The Inquisitors have the same stats, can take henchmen, and come in Lord Inquisitor or elite Inquisitor flavors. If you take away the units I pointed out all Mallus has is the Daemonhost (which I believe will be picked up by chaos) and for Hereticus Arbits. I left the GK out because I assume for balance GW would not make them Mallius exclusive (check the new SM codex fluff on them, it mentions they also hunt servants of chaos.).

EDIT:

...Pure Sister armies are rather common anyways, and many SoB players don't even use Inquisitors, Assassins or Stormtroopers, .... it seems, (from) resentment over the fact that the Inquisition hijacked the what should have been the 3rd edition SoB codex

I think its more because the Inquisitors in WH have crapper wargear (i.e. they cannot take terminator armor.)

Occulto
05-02-2010, 22:55
I'm sorry to any Arbie fans out there, but since the last new 40k scale AA minis were made for Necromunda over a decade ago, I wouldn't hold my breath for much more then what we already have: Stormtroopers with shotguns (Would be cool to see new cyber-mastiffs, but I wouldn't count on it.)

Aren't these relatively new?

http://kofler.dot.at/40k/units/Arbites_Necromunda_Enforcer_Patrol_Squad.gif

LonelyPath
05-02-2010, 22:57
Not if you consider henchmen part of the Inquisitors wargear:D.

My point was that if the Arco Flagellents, priest and penitent engines go to a SoB\Ecclesiarchy book then what is the difference (besides wargear).

The Inquisitors have the same stats, can take henchmen, and come in Lord Inquisitor or elite Inquisitor flavors. If you take away the units I pointed out all Mallus has is the Daemonhost (which I believe will be picked up by chaos) and for Hereticus Arbits. I left the GK out because I assume for balance GW would not make them Mallius exclusive (check the new SM codex fluff on them, it mentions they also hunt servants of chaos.).

Don't worry, I know what you're getting at :) They are very similar in how they're taken. But I wouldn;t call henchmen wargear, lol :D

Gutzmek
05-02-2010, 23:03
Don't worry, I know what you're getting at :) They are very similar in how they're taken. But I wouldn;t call henchmen wargear, lol :D

I take the maximum allotment of Acolytes. I call them "Extra wounds with guns":D

NagashTheSorcerer
05-02-2010, 23:14

Whoa! Where did those come from?!? Ok, well at least we got new Arbie models, so this gives me some hope that they will be supported a bit more fully in the next =I= codex. (Although as far as I know, currently, in WH, they sill just count as Stormtroopers with shotguns, unless this was changed in a WD article)

Occulto
05-02-2010, 23:56
Whoa! Where did those come from?!? Ok, well at least we got new Arbie models, so this gives me some hope that they will be supported a bit more fully in the next =I= codex.

Found a pic from some GD of the bare metals and it said: "due to be released Nov 2003" but I've got no idea whether that's when they were actually released for sale.

I don't tend to keep up with Necromunda releases.

(Although as far as I know, currently, in WH, they sill just count as Stormtroopers with shotguns, unless this was changed in a WD article)

No change - and they're still the ol' S3 AP- stats too.

laudarkul
06-02-2010, 06:41

Tks for reminding me that I have a squad of those. Have to find them and paint them. I hope that GW will have them in collectors range;) beacuse those models looks awesome.

nightshade_eyes
06-02-2010, 07:50
..Pure Sister armies are rather common anyways, and many SoB players don't even use Inquisitors, Assassins or Stormtroopers, mostly out of pride and also , it seems, resentment over the fact that the Inquisition hijacked the what should have been the 3rd edition SoB codex.

People don't use Stormtroopers over SoB's because SoB's are better troop choices in a WH army. Also, people exclude Inq's and Assassins because better Elite choices are available (Celestians). Assassins are liabilities in 5th.

Seems they combined =][= units with the SoB army to do with the whole Heretic hunter branch on the Inquisition.

Souleater
06-02-2010, 16:42
It just seemed lazy, and I felt the SoB (and their fans) deserved better.

I believe GW have actually admitted the =I= in dh and wh were a lot to do with the release of Inquisitor the specialist game. No surprise there.

I think they could have at least said that particularly religious Inquisitors work closely with the Church and thus with the sisters.

LonelyPath
06-02-2010, 20:11
I take the maximum allotment of Acolytes. I call them "Extra wounds with guns":D

I love my Acolytes, never leave home without at least 2 of them with boltguns, oh and 2 Mystics ;)

rattman
12-02-2010, 00:41
Long time lurker first time poster.

The SOB stuff has not been dropped by GW. or at least they are still available, they are listed on GW's EDI for shops and are still available.

Just yesterday I received 2 SOB codex and a complete 2k point army including 5 of supposed dropped sisters boxs. I personally think the dropping was just a screw up by the web team that they haven't fixed.

But ultimately time will tell

duffybear1988
12-02-2010, 01:20
Well my friend tried to order some sisters units and the guys at GW said they were out of stock and it wasn't known when they were going to be replaced (this was in Great Britain).

rattman
12-02-2010, 01:31
Well my friend tried to order some sisters units and the guys at GW said they were out of stock and it wasn't known when they were going to be replaced (this was in Great Britain).

Guess that completely changes my post. I am in Aus, maybe they got stocks left and are still getting rid of them.

Maybe I should buy them up and sell em back into the mother country :D

Spiney Norman
12-02-2010, 11:21
Long time lurker first time poster.

The SOB stuff has not been dropped by GW. or at least they are still available, they are listed on GW's EDI for shops and are still available.

Just yesterday I received 2 SOB codex and a complete 2k point army including 5 of supposed dropped sisters boxs. I personally think the dropping was just a screw up by the web team that they haven't fixed.

But ultimately time will tell

Thats one theory, but I'm not sure it stacks up

I've been into both the two nearest GW hobby centres and told the Witch Hunter ranges have been withdrawn from the stores and are now entirely DS only, I've been told this includes the Codex. I know one of the managers fairly well and he did admit he had a couple of SoB squad boxed sets in the stockroom if I wanted them, but no shelf space at all for sisters.

Furthermore the Codex and both the Battle Sister and Seraphim squad boxed sets have been withdrawn from the OLS.

Crimson Reaver
12-02-2010, 14:31
That's odd, my local GW (Norwich) still has most of the =I= boxed sets on the shelves, including the Codexes.

Mind you, I have more Sisters than I can paint, let alone field :D

borithan
12-02-2010, 15:38
Those "Arbites" are actually enforcers. Obviously just me nitpicking there, as they can be used as Arbites models, but they are a local law enforcement group who happen to be modeled on Arbites, rather than being Arbites themselves (basically it is just to get around the fact that Arbites shouldn't be policing local gang fights). They have been available for years (and are still available on their website at Ģ20 for 7 guys and a cyber-dog. Just check under specialist games on the website, and look for "Arbite Enforcers" in the Necromunda section).

Col. Tartleton
12-02-2010, 16:51
Its pretty simple what should be done really:

Codex Ecclesiarchy

Codex Grey Knights

Codex Inquisition

That way you get 3 solid lists that each have their own theme.

Ecclesiarchy gets the Sisters of Battle and all the religious fanatics, arco flags, penitent engines, priests, burny stuff, melty stuff, and spiky gothic stuff. Its a very clear cut theme. Skulls everywhere, winged baby drones, crossbows, fire, cathedrals, van helsing, Chainweapons on everything, perverted catholicism, aka the cool stuff. Fighting evil by becoming scarier then evil and tearing it apart on a rack while on fire.

The Grey Knights again very clear cut theme. Space Marines. Better. Faster. Stronger. Angrier. Killier. Psychic powers out the anus. Clean Armor covered in runes, halberds, storm bolters, shining knights fighting demons the old fashioned way, with the tip of the lance and the lethal fire of their bolts.

Inquisition. Wait, what's left if you take out their Knights and Cultists... oh yeah. The most powerful organization in the Imperium. I forgot.

You've now got... like seven power armored Imperial armies... looks like we need another GEQ army. The Guard have masses of infantry and tanks. The PA have elite troops that beat most armies head to head. The inquisition of course runs that middle ground.

4+ saves. My God. What are those things.

Welcome to the Inquisition. Home of the Imperium's finest.

Inquisitorial Storm Troopers. Remember the D-99 List? Its sort of like that. Tactical Special Weapon Teams, Tactical Veteran squads, heavy weapon support teams. Land Sea and Air. Inquisition are your special ops. Deep striking, camouflaging, outflanking, infiltrating. Inquisition are the guys who rappel head first out of the Valkyrie smg helguns blazing as they smash through the skylights Mission impossible style.Snipers pop domes, kill teams emerge from the sewers and hurl demo charges at your armor, inquisitors run things from safety or lead teams into the undergrowth with the best weapons the imperium can make.

That's my idea at least. Inquisitors would be highly customizable characters from black ops leaders to highly psychic warriors who can hold their own with enemy commanders in combat. Different Doctrines allow for different modus operandi allowing you to have psychic assassins, world class snipers, terrorists, men in black alien hunters (Deathwatch...), or navy seals.

They'd be sort of a mix between modern CIA tacticians and the Imperial Cult Leaders. Visually they'd be more like the latter but technically they'd be the former. Your Inquisitor's Retinue would be a mixture of trained torturers, explosive experts, members of various Imperial Departments, gunmen, translators, comms experts, savants, psychics, bodyguards, all kinds of dangerous men and women. Sort of clean up the inquisition into ruthless men in the shadows instead of the power armored daemonhammering guys who were riding the Grey Knights, or the flames and spikes van helsing look alikes who were riding the Ecclesiarchy. Those guys are cool, but they're redundant. The Inquisition is more heavily attached to the Schola and the Guard IMO.

And Deathwatch should be Sternguard but better gear. The same sorts of munitions, but better targeters, stabilizers that make things assault weapons, special heavy (assault) weapons and most importantly deployed with teleports that allow for vanguard type entries.

Skyros
12-02-2010, 18:39
My GW store in the US still has the sisters/inquisitors box sets on the shelves (admittedly on the bottom shelf in a deep shadow so maybe they got overlooked).

I don't have a problem with a joint SOB/inquis codex, nor a problem with a joint GH/inquis codex. Indeed I think that provides you with a richer list with more potential of variations.

I think removing all the inquisitorial elements and making a stand alone Sisters of Battle codex might be a step backwards.

The big thing with the inquisitorial elements is that the inquisitor is too weak/too expensive, IST's are way too expensive, and that assassin's just don't work under 5th ed rules (always die due to defender pile in, free kill points). The SOB elements are largely fine.

sabreu
12-02-2010, 18:47
The best approach I think would have been to distilled the Deathwatch and Grey Knights into the Space Marine Codex, allowing all those extra units to those armies that everyone wants.

Sisters of Battle put into an Eccliasiarchy Codex.

Inquisitors and Assassins put into the Guard Codex.

Apoc allowing you the mixed allies and whatnot. Problems solved!

Ixquic
12-02-2010, 19:17
I have a feeling that GW has no clue and will ruin the Canoness by making her an IC without the ability to take a retinue.

That and considering that both books are not in the rulebook's line up of codices and almost all aspects of the Inquisition and Sisters have been neglected in every expansion done since 4th edition they are starting to make it clear have no intention of ever updating the armies anyway...

sabreu
12-02-2010, 19:20
It's actually a pity. The Sisters of Battle are truly an update worthy army, IMHO. They offer quite a unique play style that cannot be similarized to anything else out there, whereas the Grey knights are just another marine chapter.

NagashTheSorcerer
13-02-2010, 01:38
...considering that both books are not in the rulebook's line up of codices and almost all aspects of the Inquisition and Sisters have been neglected in every expansion done since 4th edition they are starting to make it clear have no intention of ever updating the armies anyway...

I really do not believe that to be the case, at least, definitely not for the Sisters. Every GW convention I've ever been to has a ton of SoB players, not to mention the fact that the army has been around as a full army list since 2nd ed. Their fan base is huge, they're still highly competitive in the game and they are all over the fluff of the Grimdark. Not only were they the main feature of Dark Heresy's Inquisitors Handbook, they were also a featured army in the Soulstorm expansion for DoW. Between that, a number of Sister oriented BL novels and the fact that they have very active player support, i think the SoB will be around for some time to come, and the fact that WH and SoB models are being pulled from shelves simply indicates that they will be updated within the not to distant future (although in GW terms, that could be a couple years :D).

The Sisters and their Ministorum pals (priests, acolytes, flagellants, penitent engines) will no doubt get their own codex in due time. This is what the SoB had in the past, it's what the SoB fans have been very vocal about wanting, and this is what most GW staff, high and low, have more or less told me. As for the Inquisitors, Assassins, Grey Knights and others, I have no idea, and I have heard nothing even close to certain about their future. I think there is a distinct possibility that GK could get their own codex, but since they are not widely played as an army on their own, I don't think it's a high priority for GW. The same goes for Inquisitors and Assassins, which I would like to see in a Heros of the Imperium mini-dex like in 2nd & 3rd edition so that way, they can still be used as allies in a variety of Imperial armies.

The fact that the =I= and the SoB get neglected in expansions i think is no indication that GW intends to "squat" them, rather, i think it was simply because GW didn't exactly know what to do with them in the future. A few years after DH and WH were released, I had a conversation with the head manager of the biggest GW store in my area about the future of the Inquisition, since I was considering starting a SoB army at the time. He told me that there had been a lot of questions about the =I= since Alien Hunters never made it off the pages of White Dwarf and there was speculation about their future. In brief, he basically said that GW was "rethinking their marketing policies" and went on to explain that while the SoB remained popular as a stand alone army, their inclusion into the =I= was not so popular. He also stated, as others have, that GW felt they went a bit overboard with the =I= after Inquisitor was released, and the whole idea of the Ordos Codexes seemed like a good idea at the time, but ultimately didn't really sell, cause most Imperial players simply bought a unit or two of =I= allies and left it at that. Long story short, the =I= wasn't pulling in enough money to really be "codex worthy".

All that was about 3 years ago, but it still hold's true today, the SoB are the only solid stand alone =I= army; GK are too expensive and too limited, and all of the non-SoB =I= units are better used as allies then as an army unto themselves. I cannot say with any certainty what GW will do with these units in the future, since obviously, I don't know, but there are a variety of options being discussed on this board. Maybe GK will get their own Codex. Maybe the =I= will be redesigned into a full fledged army, and will no longer be available as allies. Either way, it does seem fairly certain SoB will be getting their own codex again. I'm not going to assume that these armies are dead yet, they're not, but like the Dark Eldar and the Necrons, they may need some serious overhauls before GW feels they are ready for a new codex. In the meantime, I guess we just have to be patient as more popular armies like Marines and 'Nids get more regular updates. I think we will definitely see WD army lists for SoB and =I= in the not to distant future, but their actual codecies may still be a ways off.

MadCowCrazy
13-02-2010, 12:38
I wrote an email to GW today and received this answer

We have removed a number of the Sisters of Battle models as there will
be a new Iquisitorial book coming out at some point in the future and we
need make sure that we remove some items well in advance in order to
satisfy our customers who won't want to buy existing models if new one's
are then brought out.

I hope this helps.

deadly claris
13-02-2010, 14:12
I wrote an email to GW today and received this answer

OMG that is good news !:D

darius-god-of-biscuits
13-02-2010, 14:40
I have just received a small order of SoB from GW. SoB are less prominent in the shops, but that seems to fit in with the general reduction in stocking metal models in the shops.

I am not surprised that the standard SoB squad box has been deleted from the on-line list. Anyone collecting SoB quickly learns that the Superior/special weapon options in that box (S.Superior with plasma pistol, flamer, storm bolter) is not what they want and that it is better to buy seven SoB (with bolters for Ģ9) and buy the Superior and Sisters with special weapons separately.

Other models have been quietly dropped (priest with eviscerator) but there's nothing to indicate that GW will do anything but continue with the SoB. The models may be old but they're good!

Col. Tartleton
13-02-2010, 15:07
Originally Posted by Games Workshop
We have removed a number of the Sisters of Battle models as there will
be a new Iquisitorial book coming out at some point in the future and we
need make sure that we remove some items well in advance in order to
satisfy our customers who won't want to buy existing models if new one's
are then brought out.

I hope this helps.

Well that's out of character... they must be about to drop them in a few months top secret, or they've changed policy.

Kettu
13-02-2010, 15:43
@Col. Tartleton, for all they said anything could very well be several years out and they still didn't lie.

Odd that Mad Cow got that but when I asked all I got was, 'We have someone currently looking into it'

MadCowCrazy
13-02-2010, 18:53
@Col. Tartleton, for all they said anything could very well be several years out and they still didn't lie.

Odd that Mad Cow got that but when I asked all I got was, 'We have someone currently looking into it'

The last 3 weeks I have called and written them about 10 times just so I get to talk to different people. Most people have said they dont know anything, a fiew people have said there might be a new codex comming sometime this year.
If you want answers you have to call them at different days so you talk to different people, most dont know anything but a fiew have heard rumours around the office.

I wrote them another email begging for a release date but got this answer from the same person who answered my first email.

Unfortunately due to leaks about upcoming products we are only made
aware of what will be coming out when it is announced to our customers.

Therefore we are not able to inform you of the information you are after
nor will we be told if we ask.

As such we would recommend keeping an eye on the website and on White
Dwarf for future release information.

We are sorry that we cannot be of more help to you in this matter and if
you have any further queries then please feel free to contact your local
hobby center as this mail address I primarily for queries relating to
orders.

I got this answer last week.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55212
02/02/2010
Called Games Workshop to have some questions answered, figured Id ask them about whats up with Witch Hunters and Daemon Hunters while I was at it. Was told they are planning a new Inquisition Codex release later this year which would combine the two Ordos. I asked if this meant both GK and SoB would be in the same codex and was answered "Im not sure but I would believe so".
To the question about when we might see the new codex I was told around the 2nd half of 2010 so the summer/autumn rumour seems to hold some truith but things change so until they give a definite date all we can do is hope.
The reason they are removing boxes from the site is because of the planned release, was told that when the molds get old they will discontinue the product instead of making new molds.
One can assume this is because they have made new models which have or will go into production soon to meet the expected demand of the new release.
Does this mean =][=, GK and SoB in a single codex or is there still hope for separate codexes? Only time will tell.

Conclusion : Dont settle with what one person tells you, was told the range was being discontinued by one guy, call them many time over a fiew weeks so you get to talk to different people. Someone might have something interesting to say.

LonelyPath
13-02-2010, 20:08
All of the replies hint to an upcoming codex, or in the case of the 2nd mail it's a "we can't really say anything" and strikes me more as "we're not allowed to say" and them covering it up with ignorance.

Either way, I'm happy to hear news on WH and DH even if it's not definate as to when we'll see them, lol. However, if later this year is correct I'll be stocking up on a few more of the PAGK metals in case plastics do come out and they aren't as nice to look at, heheh.

Purge the Heretic
13-02-2010, 23:26
What I expect to come into being:

Codex: Sisters of Battle, including the ecclesiarchal units.

Codex: Grey Knights, New options and units fleshing them out into a full chapter.

Codex inquisition: which will have options for inducted GK's SOB's Guard and maybe space marines contained in the list itself...mostly basic troops.

as to when it will happen, no clue, I hope the rumors of plastic sisters having been ready for a few years is accurate, but I've not been able to find the source of the rumors.

The latest I expect to see Codex Grey Knights is Jan 2011.

LirEdinSun
19-02-2010, 09:27
I can't see GW dropping an army, it would cause quite an outrage. thousands of pounds of models condemed to the collections shelves. the models will be absorbed into another codex one way or the other.

and I have to say I believe SOB are more popular than Dark Eldar, I have 'never' played a DE player in the whole 4 years I have played WH40K. yet DE still have shelf space.

whatever codex and army gets re-released automatically becomes that months best selling army, the sales vacuum and hype creates that.

I been quoted it costs about Ģ100K to produce a plastic injection mould and yes its a waste to stick it on the shelf. but then again look at the car industry, how many concept cars never make it onto the street? maybe halfway through production they shifted focus and shelved a project only the dust it off a year or two later.

I like both the ideas of the combined inquisition codex and a separate SoB codex. it'll all be about choices. but fluff wise a single SoB codex would be better. I feel that the inquisitors as part of SoB seem out of theme though. it should be all about angels, penitents, martyrs and holy fire. which opens up a wider range of heavy and fast choices. vehicles mostly. dominators and retributors should be made elite. and some sort of land speeder equivilent with heavy flamers should be added.

orbital strikes are useless drop them, SoB drop pods, all plastic exorcists that will be cool.

priests and penitents should be availible as upgrades to all infantry choices. machine spirit availible to all vehicles. not to mention divine intervention allowing vehicles and infantry a permanent cover save. they need a fearless rule, only rules I can recall at the moment is the inquisitors 'iron will' rule.

The inquisition part should focus on more hench men characters, wider range of tech servitors are it theme, ones with shield generators (similar to big-mek).

I would have to say its a lot cheaper to produce a codex than a whole new range of mould and models, so why can't they have 3 codex's to cover the inquisition. can't they double up on the play testing team? how many of us would join the play testing team even for a minimum wage lol