PDA

View Full Version : Mawloc or trygon

Ubercarp
04-02-2010, 01:06
I finally got my trygon in the mail and am debating on what to build. Sure, I'd like to build a uber-nasty trygon prime, but I've already got a flyrant and 2 broods of warriors. I don't think more synapse is what I need.

I figure I will list what I have and see what people think would go best.
Swarm currently includes:
Flyrant
9 Warriors
Broodlord
2 Zoanthroapes
3 Raveners
2 Carnifex
8 Gargoyles
1 Lictor
28 Genestealers
32 Hormagaunts
51 Termagaunts

Any thoughts?

Starwolf
04-02-2010, 01:40
I'd wait for the FAQ. If they change it so the mawloc can deep strike onto enemy units, then his special rule might actually be useful. It is my understanding that there's debate as to whether or not his rules are written as intended.
Even without that, it appears the trygon will be more powerful. I haven't proxied either one in a game, or played against any, but that's what my initial reaction is.

Creeping Dementia
04-02-2010, 01:45
Magnets would be my thought. With a kit that expensive I'd never want to be stuck with one. Leave yourself with the option, do both.

The Trygon Prime is a pretty good choice, and Synapse is really only part of a reason to take one. Its shooting is pretty great against lighter tanks sitting in the backfield (artillery), and with Regen opponents have to focus on him giving the rest of your army time to get engaged.

starlight
04-02-2010, 01:47
Magnets.

Failing that, Trygon...but I'm biased since I already have one. :)