PDA

View Full Version : Huge unbreakable units-big problem?

cob
04-02-2010, 19:21
Currently in my skaven list at 2k I run a bell with 30 clanrats and a furnace with 30 monks . My current gaming group have asked me not to use them anymore or only 1 of them at a time because they are boring to play against.

To me these units are rock solid yes but easily outmanovered an can be tied down. What do you think and would you have a problem playing against both units at 2k?

Lord Malorne
04-02-2010, 19:23
I would rather play them than a min sized unit dark elf army any day, this way you can plan for a fight.

Gromdal
04-02-2010, 19:24
I love to fight them. I wouldnt have a problem with it.

LaurentleBete
04-02-2010, 19:25
The skaven player in our group often takes the same combination, and I really don't mind facing it. Sure, it's a pain, but the Furnace is really quite easy to kill as it lacks the wards save and once it's down the unit is nowhere near as bad. Also, when you're taking both you're severely limiting the size of your army as you've taken two extremely expensive characters.

Skyros
04-02-2010, 19:35
What kind of armies does your gaming group typically play? I could see their concern if they specialize in one hit wonder units.

Pacorko
04-02-2010, 19:43
Bucha'whiners! What about flanking or strong ranged attacks? Once you kill enough rats... ANYTHING breaks.

What kind of armies does your gaming group typically play? I could see their concern if they specialize in one hit wonder units.

I don't see why your choice of army is boring to fight. It just take a bit of extra effort and extra tactical think... AH! Got it. They want easy battles where they can cut down rats like grass, as good old Skyros has stated above.

For a change you tell them to up their game as you are not dropping your choices. Tell them to stand up to the challenge instead of limiting army lists they don't find to their advantage/can't think of a fast/easy way to beat them.

Or here's a crazy idea: switch armies with them and see what they think about that.

All in all, your combo is not AutoWIN. Impossing? Yes. Hard to conquer? Yes. Quite unwieldy and oft-times unrealiable? Hell yes!

At 2k, this is one of the most popular comps in many a Skaven General's lists, so I really don't see what all the fus is about.

As much as I'm loathe to write this: we still are rats at 2k! If it was 2.5 or 3k and there was real spamming, then I would see their side of the whole issue.

Malorian
04-02-2010, 19:53
Frenzied unbreakable blocks mean bait, flank, and chop away at for half points.

Unbreakable blocks of weak rats mean charge in, kill the grey seer, and chop away at the unit for half points or just wipe them out.

In other words I have no problem with it.

bigcheese76
04-02-2010, 20:23
Id love to play against it in 2000 points, but please note, I would be bringing my cannons and my Slayer unit might have a go at one of your big units too.

zak
04-02-2010, 20:25
What are the problems with this army composition. From what I can see you have alot of points tied up in two units with very few points left over. I won't go into how to beat this set up as that has been done already. Tell your mates to stop whining and crack on playing.

scarletsquig
04-02-2010, 20:46
Bring a pair of hellpit abominations instead. :)