PDA

View Full Version : No one plays Fantasy!

Travinicus_Lector
05-02-2010, 08:14
Do y'all have any ideas as to how i can find Fantasy players?

I live in the downtown Salt Lake City area.. i've already posted a note on a game shop bulletin... but i don't think it'll do much...

Most people around here play flippin 40k... the stores never really have a fantasy night or anything... :cries:

Thanks

-Travinicus Lector

Armond
05-02-2010, 08:21
Go in and paint in the store. Ask if you can show some people the game using 500 points. Talk to the manager about maybe DEMOing the game for him/her in the store.

Travinicus_Lector
05-02-2010, 08:37
Go in and paint in the store. Ask if you can show some people the game using 500 points. Talk to the manager about maybe DEMOing the game for him/her in the store.

Hey! Those are really creative ways to generate some good hype... I like your style Armond.. i'll let you know how it goes. :)

:skull: Travinicus :skull:

CaptScott
05-02-2010, 08:37
Most gamers seem to have a local forum they visit. You might try asking questions at a store if they know of one.

ChaosVC
05-02-2010, 08:58
Everytime I read something like that, I feel lucky...but my wallet is constantly empty partly because I am "lucky".

Condottiere
05-02-2010, 09:09
That's hard luck; since you live in an urban area, there really should be more players. You could run a survey among the local stores and discover how much of Fantasy kits they've sold over the past year, and if the buyers are regulars.

Travinicus_Lector
05-02-2010, 09:18
That's hard luck; since you live in an urban area, there really should be more players. You could run a survey among the local stores and discover how much of Fantasy kits they've sold over the past year, and if the buyers are regulars.

Also a great idea... thank you condottiere
:)

snurl
05-02-2010, 09:49
Isn't Blue table painting from somewhere around Salt Lake city? Perhaps there are some gamers there?

horrorshowmalchick
05-02-2010, 09:56
Isn't Blue table painting from somewhere around Salt Lake city? Perhaps there are some gamers there?

I was gonna suggest this. They seem like great gamers. Really friendly, and they play strictly to the spirit of the game.

snowywlf
05-02-2010, 14:57
Most gamers seem to have a local forum they visit. You might try asking questions at a store if they know of one.

I'll second this one. I live in KC and couldnt find *any* Fantasy. Everyone here plays 40k. Still, I hung around the 40k players and showed an interest, told them I was honestly into Fantasy but I was interested in watching a game of 40k or two. Sure enough, after we were talking and hanging out for a little bit, they have a forum for the KC area.

Since then (last April) we've drummed up enough support to start a Fantasy league and a couple tournaments, and more people are joining each month. The forum was the key to all this. It helped gather people with very different schedules and locations in KC together.

Lord Malorne
05-02-2010, 15:01
@Thread title: I play Fantasy.

OP: Ask around, give intro's and so on.

N810
05-02-2010, 15:08
You could Do what my crew did and start your own Fantisy club,
and just play at each outhers houses.

WinglessVT2
05-02-2010, 18:33
Fantasy isn't likely to be played in a shop.
Ask around a bit, and you'll probably find a small group of rather elite people who play it.

Tsear
05-02-2010, 19:27
Salt Lake City represent.

I also can't play fantasy due to there not really being anyone in this area. I've got roughly 1000 points of wood elves that are sitting largely unpainted because I can't get a game. Which is unfortunate, because I think fantasy is a far, far better game than 40k.

If you don't mind a drive, you can sometimes get a game at Gajo Games, but that's way down in Sandy. You can't get a pickup game just anyday, but they sometimes have tournaments and official fantasy nights. Too far for me to make it almost any time at all, though.

If you do find people who play, PM me and let me know.

Malorian
05-02-2010, 19:41
I live in the downtown Salt Lake City area.. i've already posted a note on a game shop bulletin... but i don't think it'll do much...

Salt Lake City represent.

I also can't play fantasy due to there not really being anyone in this area.

Awwww...

It's like watching the end to a happy movie :D

Travinicus_Lector
05-02-2010, 19:57

What is blue table painting?

N810
05-02-2010, 20:03
What is blue table painting?

These guys...
http://www.bluetablepainting.com/
Blue Table Painting, Inc. 44 East 300 North Spanish Fork, UT 84660 | 801-372-8545

lopezpie
05-02-2010, 20:04
http://www.youtube.com/user/bluetablepainting

They are a awesome painting company out there who also if im correct own a store. They do a lot of gaming. I would check them out and shoot them a email they are really easy to get a hold of and im sure if you ask they will get a game in with you!

If you are ever in Las Cruces, New Mexico you have a game down here anytime with me and my boys! good luck :)

Travinicus_Lector
05-02-2010, 20:06
These guys...
http://www.bluetablepainting.com/
Blue Table Painting, Inc. 44 East 300 North Spanish Fork, UT 84660 | 801-372-8545

Right on! Thank you!

Condottiere
05-02-2010, 22:19
Awwww...

It's like watching the end to a happy movie :DGameless in Salt Lake City.

Stronginthearm
05-02-2010, 22:42
I was gonna suggest this. They seem like great gamers. Really friendly, and they play strictly to the spirit of the game.

And that spirit is? Nah I wont go:D there this isnt a arguing thread... but it could be:p

I would also suggest forums they seem to be the place were geeky people(IE us) hang out these days, good luck