PDA

View Full Version : Army Power Scale

horrorshowmalchick
05-02-2010, 10:12
Ok, I know it's hard to say for definate, but it'll be fun to speculate, but anyway.. I've not played Fantasy for a good few years, so I'm not too up with which armies are the strongest / weakest. (I'm not basing my decision of which army to collect on this.) From what I've gathered, it goes

1. Daemons of Chaos
2. Dark Elves
3. Vampire Counts
14. Ogre Kingdoms

but where do other armies fit into this scale?

bakalla
05-02-2010, 10:35
It depends on a lot of factors IMHO apart from which book you are using. For example which amount of points you're using, which army you're facing and in particular which particular build you're using. I wouldn't rate a dark elves army consisting of a lot of warrior spearmen and no hydras as particularly powerful for example, but that's not the build most dark elves players use. Considering the most generally used builds i'd rate the armies like this:

(some guessing is also inloved in the rating since i haven't actually played against ALL armies) :)

dark elves
daemons of chaos
vampire counts
high elves
skaven
lizardmen
warriors of chaos
beasts of chaos
bretonnia
wood elves
empire
dwarfs
tomb kings
orcs n goblins
chaos dwarfs
ogre kingdoms
dogs of war

Condottiere
05-02-2010, 10:47
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231472&highlight=tier

horrorshowmalchick
05-02-2010, 15:16
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231472&highlight=tier

Perfect, fank oo

TheRaven
05-02-2010, 15:47
I have no idea why people keep thinking High Elves are so high up there. Yes Star Dragons are good, but it's a one trick pony. I believe they're the top of Tier 3 but they aren't anywhere near as good as Skaven, Lizardmen and Warriors of Chaos. I guess in club environment where everyone is playing soft lists and a guy brings his star dragon it'll tear things up, but in a tournament environment against top players it won't win very consistently.

Forgot to mention that other than where the high elves were placed bakalla's list was pretty much perfect. Maybe I would put empire above woodelves.

Tolinwiz
05-02-2010, 15:50
I have no idea why people keep thinking High Elves are so high up there. Yes Star Dragons are good, but it's a one trick pony. I believe they're the top of Tier 3 but they aren't anywhere near as good as Skaven, Lizardmen and Warriors of Chaos. I guess in club environment where everyone is playing soft lists and a guy brings his star dragon it'll tear things up, but in a tournament environment against top players it won't win very consistently.

Forgot to mention that other than where the high elves were placed bakalla's list was pretty much perfect. Maybe I would put empire above woodelves.

Except most 'Ard boyz type settings don't even run a star dragon, or if they do, they typically perform lower then people that run more competitive high elf lists that meta well against the other top end lists.

TheRaven
05-02-2010, 18:13
What's more competative? At this years Ard Boyz there was only 1 reported high elf army that placed and he played Teclis/Star Dragon. And no high elf army meta's well against the crapload of dark elf armies in competative tournys.