PDA

View Full Version : Runs of Luck/Lucky breaks (Good or Bad)

Agnar the Howler
06-02-2010, 21:57
I'm just wondering what your greatest runs of luck (good or bad variants) have been in your wargaming career, and for those of you who don't believe in luck, what is you longest run of consecutive wins/defeats or other statistically anomalous results?

My greatest run of good luck: Unfortunately all my good luck is stored in 40k, and currently lies in my unbeaten Tau army, who have weathered, multiple armies yet still managed to either win or claw a draw, now standing at ~10 wins and ~3 draws, but no losses (I don't count losses against illegal armies or cheats, by the way, otherwise i'd have 2 losses racked up there).

Greatest run of bad luck: My Lizardmen who have never won a game (or drawn a game thanks to a game error last saturday, where RuBI was mistaken to cause D6 wounds and actually causes 1 single hit) and continue to lose every game. I now stand at 6 straight losses.

Greatest lucky break: Stopping a vampire lord from casting any spells whilst my Slaan was alive thanks to combined efforts from blessed dispel dice and magic resistance (3).

Greatest unlucky break: Taking lore of Death over Metal due to the lack of heavy armour, artillery and magical items, and then being told that the Vampire Lord that just charged me actually has a magical weapon whereas previously all I heard was the word "Lance"...

What are your greatest bouts of luck, bad or good?

Hannimar
06-02-2010, 22:08
My biggest run of luck:

During the 6th edition I was very often playing with my Orcs and Goblins against my friend's Vampire Counts. However, he was constantly changing his bloodlines as he couldn't decide which one he did like best.
I had a Warboss with a hat which gave him one extra attack at basic strength and with killing blow before any other attacks in a challenge... I always rolled a six... I menaged to kill a Vampire Lord from every single bloodline twice ! except for the necrarch which he only used once (so 9 vampire lords slain in challenges...) :D That was a very, very lucky hat!

Still it made my friend quit VC in favour of DE.

Daedalus81
06-02-2010, 22:49
In a tournament...

Game 1 vs Dwarves :
Turn 1 - Hellcannon misfires, and blows up. No one is nearby.

Game 2 vs Skaven :
Turn 1 - HPA moves 17". Hellcannon fails rampage and charges 10" into combat with HPA and gets eaten. Sorcerer casts Treason on Stormvermin 30 rolls to hit on 4+, 5 hit, 0 wound.

Game 3 vs DE :
Turn 1 - Magic causes hounds to panic back through my line, which in turn panics my Sorcerer Lord off the table. Hellcannon misfires and explodes. Rolled 14". Every single unit took D6 S4.

Commodus Leitdorf
06-02-2010, 23:03
Last game in a 5 game tourney. I'm up against demons. I wont give a blow by blow account, but one of my cannons managed to kill:

Greater Demon of Slaanesh (with 1 shot, rolled 6 for wounds)
Herald of Slaanesh on a Chariot (then I destroyed the chariot)
Herald of Nurgle in a unit of Plaguebearers (1 for lookout sir, and fail all his saves)

And I killed them one after another it was....unexpected to say the least.

Oh, and the kicker was I won by a Massacre....and he didn't kill a single thing in my whole army...at all.

Luckiest game I ever played.