PDA

View Full Version : Which army are you looking forward to and Why?

hendybadger
07-02-2010, 12:43
As it says.
Which army are you looking forward to GW re-releasing and why?
Personnaly for me its going to be the Blood Angels.
I played them years ago and have slowly been putting afew units together and trying to hold back from buying anymore until the new Codex arrives.

So. What about you?

DaSpaceAsians
07-02-2010, 12:46
Blood Angels, it'll maybe lure my best friend back in.

Arbiter7
07-02-2010, 12:47
Black Templars! They are the epitome of gothic monastery relentless warrior-monk in space.

Also, Dark Eldar, and Necrons, since the Imperium needs more worthy xenos scum to purge.

(and I play Eldar).

Occulto
07-02-2010, 12:47
Dark Eldar.

So people stop whinging about the fact they haven't been redone yet in every new codex thread. :p

hendybadger
07-02-2010, 12:54
Dark Eldar.

So people stop whinging about the fact they haven't been redone yet in every new codex thread. :p

The best reason yet! Haha

Lord Malorne
07-02-2010, 12:56
Black Templars, Dark Eldar, Necrons.

Radium
07-02-2010, 12:58
Dark Eldar. That way I can have two Eldar armies (besides different colours)!

Thud
07-02-2010, 13:01
Dark Eldar.

Mainly because they'll get new Jetbike models which I can use in my Eldar army.

Eryx_UK
07-02-2010, 13:03
Daemon Hunters/Grey Knights.

Lord Damocles
07-02-2010, 13:03
Squa- [DELETED BY HOLY ORDOS]

MistaGav
07-02-2010, 13:11
For me it'd have to be the inquisition or the Daemonhunters whichever they decide to. I like the grey knights so much but the cost and the rules are putting me off.

Vaul
07-02-2010, 13:19
Deldar. Gonna be epic.

Nighthawke
07-02-2010, 13:23
Deldar. Gonna be epic.

oh boy i would love it if it ended up being a pdf :) would also be nice if blood angels new one was just the pdf getting redone XD
erm either deamon hunters or dark eldar so i can complain about how rubbish my eldar are compared to them

LonelyPath
07-02-2010, 13:38
Daemonhunters/Grey Knights. Even if it's to stop people at my club going "I can't see Machine Spirit/Assault Vehicle in your codex so you can't have it, even if it is in a Errata file"...

DarkstarSabre
07-02-2010, 13:54
Daemonhunters/Grey Knights. Even if it's to stop people at my club going "I can't see Machine Spirit/Assault Vehicle in your codex so you can't have it, even if it is in a Errata file"...

Ditto, but only so their Nemesis Force Weapons start behaving like everyone else's force weapons.

Can't have it both ways.

ard boy stu
07-02-2010, 14:04
Squa- [DELETED BY HOLY ORDOS]

lmao thats pure win :D

ShadowKnight64
07-02-2010, 14:19
Yeah, I'm definately waiting on Greyknights and Dark Eldar. Got 3000pts of pure greyknights or more and I'm not going to expand it until I get a new codex. I'm just redoing my dark eldar right now so I'm pretty stoked for a new codex I've already got 1500pts of stuff now but I'm expecting a few new models so I'm not buying the hideous monstrosities in the line. And as bad as they suck I really like hellions, just got 5 of them. I really hope they get a boost in the next codex.

LonelyPath
07-02-2010, 14:42
Ditto, but only so their Nemesis Force Weapons start behaving like everyone else's force weapons.

Can't have it both ways.

I don't mind their force weapons being put in line with all the others, it's just that the codex is so old and barely anything works with it anymore. I don't miss the PotMS either since we can fire hurricane bolters even after moving 12" (it says so in the codex), but lack of Assault Vehicle really hurts when people get anal about errata files.

Crazy Ivan
07-02-2010, 14:50
Well since the Imperial Guard has been re-released recently (and is awesome now), I'd have to go with:

Tau Empire

Now before Tau-detractors shoot me, let me explain: I hope for the Tau because it will be a major opportunity for GW to include new alien races as auxiliaries, and therefore it has one of the biggest chances (next to the Tyranids) of bringing something completely new to the background.

Of course, I like the Tau (and Kroot) themselves as well. :D

Petay1985
07-02-2010, 14:51
Inquisition, ideally Ordo Xenos but i'm not hopeful. I'll take any form of Inquisition with storm troopers to be honest! :)

Vaktathi
07-02-2010, 14:52
Of the armies I've got?

Tau.

In general?

Daemonhunters & Dark Eldar.

I've got no interest whatsoever in Blood Angels, and while somewhat cool, Necrons are just sorta "meh" to me right now. I'd love to see a Chaos Legions book, but not expecting one.

Kirill
07-02-2010, 14:53
Dark Angels.
Because the thread "Dark angels: What would you like to see" has so many great ideas, and i hope that the dark angels codex is half of those, you should really check them out! /shamelesspomotion

But more seriously, i'm sick of having the most bland codex of all representing my beloved chapter. The end.

MetalGecko23
07-02-2010, 15:11
THE TAU!!!!!!

Never lived up to anything that they were supposed to be in anyway. Most consistanly rushed out army.

WinglessVT2
07-02-2010, 15:31
I want tau or demonhunters.
Templars work, too.

Actually, pretty much everything I don't play has been updated already, so whatever comes next is for an army I do play.

primarch16
07-02-2010, 16:00
Dark Eldar is going to rock, can see there being some fantastic models being made and a brutal codex.

pvpbob
07-02-2010, 16:03
First and forthmost Tau.

Though I've always been a fan of Necrons I'm interested in seeing what can be done with them. And in a close third Dark Eldar.

laudarkul
07-02-2010, 16:16
-This year my plans are for 1500pts+ SoB painted, 500 =][= painted (old stormtroopers as well as Assasins, Inquisitors and retinues) and maybe another 500 GK. I already have some GK forces but I want to expand them up to 2.000 pts. As for SoB I like the models and I want to have both branches of the =][= as allies to my IG force.
-At least 1.000 pts of Dark Eldar. It's the only "bad" army which interests me beacuse they get the perfect bad gothic atmosphere of 40K Universe. I also want to have a mix of new and old models when the new codex appears (I hope in 2011 :D to finish what I planned).
- Finish the assembling and painting of at least 2.500 Wood Elves. For Fantasy purpose...

Vexbane
07-02-2010, 16:25
I am going to have to say dark eldar, then inquisition(SOB, greyknights etc..).

Dark eldar have been waiting so long and look like they could have a sweet force when the updated models/rules come out.

I have always liked the SOB and other Inquisition stuff. Next to Black Templars they are the only space marine stuff that interests me.

hendybadger
07-02-2010, 17:39
There doesnt seem to be much love for the only Codex we know is coming

the1stpip
07-02-2010, 17:40
Dark Eldar.

Dark Eldar, cos I want new models, I actually really like the codex at the moment.

Olja
07-02-2010, 17:59
Looking forward to SoB. I don't care what Codex they are going to be part of. I just want to build and paint a SoB army. That is if GW makes plastic SoB minis.

I'm an IG player most of the time, so I'm also looking forward to the new IG models.

Nicho
07-02-2010, 18:09
I'm beginning to like necrons so a new codex for them would be cool.

Tau-Lover
07-02-2010, 18:11
TAU

Because I play them, and beacause they need a ned codex that isn't rushed.

Souleater
07-02-2010, 18:11
Dark Eldar - I love playing the army but would dearly love some new models. I am a bit embaressed to be playing with a codex older than some of the people I've faced.

The promise after all these years of a coherent army sculpted by Grand Master Goodwin and Codexed by Phil...well it is the perfect conjunction. Sadly we can't work out when it will occur.

Next comes Necron - I really like the tin 'eads and enjoy playing them. Unfortunately they took the Nerfbat between their shiney metal legs when 5th came around.

After that, Sisters and GK. Both have some lovely models and I've enjoyed playing them in a mixed Inquisition list. I love their background and would really like to see them get some love - I like the whole anti-daemon schtick of the GK.

That does raise one concern...I do hope that the armies above don't get their background messed up like CSM, SM and Nids. I really didn't like the direction or style of their recent fluff. It read like the drivel I used to write when I was sixteen.

Lastly, I'm quite looking forward to Blood Angels. My SM army was a BA sucessor chapter so I have a soft spot for them...it might even make me play an SM army again. If only to make use of the pile of SM figures I've somehow accrued!

ghoulio
07-02-2010, 18:14
100% Dark Eldar. The army itself just has so much potential and the new models are being designed by Jes Goodwin (which is reason enough unto itself). Since the entire range is being redone it will be a nice breath of fresh air in 40k and hopefully take away from the sheer volume of marine armies you see on the field (although that will only increase once Codex:Twilight...er...Bloodangles is released in April)

Actually, when thinking about it I would just be super happy seeing any of the Xenos armies that haven't been redone for 5th ed get redone. It would be nice to see a Necron Codex that has more then 5 choices with some options in it :P

Colonial Rifle
07-02-2010, 18:17
Dark Eldar - GW will actually have to write some new fluff to go with it and explain where they come from. Wait a minute, if Cruddance and Matt Ward are involved, maybe that isn't the best idea... (DE AREZ THE bEST!!!!)

Necrons - lots of potential for new units and revamped ideas.

Blood Angels - because I play them :)

Phyros
07-02-2010, 18:18
Salamanders, who should have gotten a Codex right alongside Black Templars. In fact, it would have a made a nice double codex, like they did with Angels of Death.

Inquisitor_Tolheim
07-02-2010, 18:21
Daemonhunters. No altruistic or deep reason, they were just my first (and still favorite) army. I'd love to see their rules updated, and the nifty new (plastic) models that would get released with it.

The Ginger Ninja
07-02-2010, 18:35
I am looking forward to necrons
Purely because thats the only race I play
In the near future Blood angels because they look cool/have cool fluff

Chem-Dog
07-02-2010, 18:36
As an Imperial Guard player with a history with the Blood Angels, I'd have to say I'm looking forward to Necrons and Dark Eldar most, both need some epic rewriting and this could be the opportunity to enrich the background especially as both races were quite unceremoniously grafted on to 40K.

Dark Eldar win by a nose, because you KNOW that Jez is gonna be in charge of the development and design.

Aiwass
07-02-2010, 18:49
Blood Angels.

And Ordo Xenos, some day... If GWd wills...

Promethius
07-02-2010, 19:00
Inquisition. Three reasons: Fleshing out the grey knights with (hopefully) jetbikes and other rare imperial tech, the fluff, and also the hope that I will finally get plastic stormtroopers.

I'm also really looking forward to dark eldar, as they hae the potential to be fantastic.

IcedAnimals
07-02-2010, 19:53
Sisters of Battle and Necrons. I will probably start collecting a Dark Eldar army when they come out depending on the time frame.

If they just happen to come out and the next two releases are Necrons and sisters I doubt I will have the money to spend collecting them.

choppa6189
07-02-2010, 20:01
inquisition because grey knights rock

Bunnahabhain
07-02-2010, 20:07
Nids.

So Chaos marines can regain their rightful and usual place as chief whiners.

Seriously? All of them, along with a new rule book.

dogofwar6565
07-02-2010, 20:14
Even though I play Imperial Fists I'm looking forward to Blood Angels.

Dark Eldar needs it. And of course Squats.;)

wazatdingder
07-02-2010, 20:17
LOST AND THE DAMNED

I need something to do with my army of guard w/ warrior weapons.
If they gotta go chaos thats ok.:skull:

Poseidal
07-02-2010, 20:19
Squats, Dark Eldar and Eldar for me.

Drakcore Bloodtear
07-02-2010, 21:03
I would like Tau & DA
Both have good but flawed Codex's

And it has nothing to do with me collecting both army's :shifty:

Prokrustes
07-02-2010, 21:21
Dark Eldar-Necrons-Inquisition-Chaos

Dark Eldar: Would be awesome, I love their current fluff and I have been waiting for this so long that I doubt I will see it...ever!!
Necrons: Awesome race. Nice minis. I like them.
Inquisition: I simply like them but they are a mess atm.
Chaos: Just because I hate the current codex so much.

I will prolly amass quiet a large army for one of this factions...someday if they get a codex. However, only god knows when they will come out and I fear I will hate the changes to the background/playstyle. Except for chaos. Cant become any worse.

Plagueridden
07-02-2010, 21:30
would love to embrace talarn desert raiders plastics.

Oguleth
07-02-2010, 21:48
Dark Eldar - mostly due to getting new models and availability up. A proper sized codex (some background is better than next to no background etc) and hopefully some of the "bad" units could get at least a bit of an overhaul. Internal balance I doubt would be any better than in other codexes, but one can always hope :p

Necrons would be nice too, although I wouldn't play them, anything that would make their army comp seem less dull would be nice.

duffybear1988
07-02-2010, 21:50
Salamanders, who should have gotten a Codex right alongside Black Templars. In fact, it would have a made a nice double codex, like they did with Angels of Death.

Thats a joke right? You should be happy you got a special character in the basic SM dex. No such luck for the Iron Hands, or people such as myself who converted up terminator apothecary sergeants for all their tactical squads :cries: honestly I loved the old traits system, its just a pain I can no longer use the stuff I converted.

Salamanders really dont need their own book.

On another note im looking forward to Dark eldar.

Hoodwink
07-02-2010, 22:54
I'd like to see Dark Eldar get a nice facelift. They could easily rival IG Mech with an updated codex. Very similar styles. The other units, however, make them truly tactical and I'd like to see what they come up with.

Plus hellions are too d#$% awesome looking...

Tymell
07-02-2010, 22:59
Dark Eldar, because it will involve such a significant re-working in terms of models, look, background, etc. Even if it isn't specifically what I would think best, I'll be interested to just see what direction GW go in. Plus I've got relatively high hopes for it anyway given that I've heard some good names mentioned as involved in it.

Eta
07-02-2010, 23:42
New (and weak) Ork Codex. I cannot longer stand the whining and cheese calling when I win with my Orks. Some people don't even want to play against me anymore. I miss the times of the third Edition codex :(

Greetings
Eta

Phyros
08-02-2010, 04:31
Thats a joke right? You should be happy you got a special character in the basic SM dex.

No, it's not a joke.

Salamanders and Black Templars came out with their rules in the same mini-dex: Codex Armageddon.

The BT went on to get their own Codex (a if the game needed another hand-to-hand based chapter) while the Salamanders became basic marines.

As I said, they could have combined the Chapters into one Codex.

No such luck for the Iron Hands, or people such as myself who converted up terminator apothecary sergeants for all their tactical squads :cries: honestly I loved the old traits system, its just a pain I can no longer use the stuff I converted.

Salamanders really dont need their own book.

You think Salamanders haven't made conversions? I've got about 4 guys with Thunderhammers who don't have acces to them, 3 Vet Sgts. with Combi-meltas who don't have access to them, and an extra flamer guy in each squad who doesn't have access to it.

The basic history for Salamander rules are:

3rd Ed. "Here's a set of rules to play a unique and challenging army."

4th Ed. "We're taking away your drawbacks and your special rules and making some of them available for all marine chapters."

5th Ed. "We're taking away all previous special rules and gving you totally new ones, forcing you to make a major overhaul to your army and forcing you eat up one HQ slot to even use these new rules."

No, I'm not bitter at all.:rolleyes:

DuskRaider
08-02-2010, 04:50
Oh, that's easy. Chaos Space Marines, if only to erase this current codex from history.

troszkowsky
08-02-2010, 06:47
1. Dark Angels, to help balance point cost vs. other new marine 'dexes, and update them for access to some of the cool new tidbits circulating around the Marine camps... and also get a whole lot of DA players to stop playing green-painted vanilla forces. They may not be as 'due' as some others, but they are one of the 'Poster Boy' armies.

2. Inquisition, because there's no sense in trying to play with either old Codex right now, and also because it hurts the bank account so much to build an army of them, even if they did have suitable rules and points values.

3. Necrons, because fair is fair, guys. As others mentioned, give them a little variety. A Battleforce should not be able to include every option an army has, should it? (I exagerate a bit, I know...) Mentioning Tau, Eldar, Chaos or Orks is just offensive to someone still playing their old mangled skinny Necron Codex. Shame on you guys! :D

-T

jason_sation
08-02-2010, 06:49
Tau! It's the next army I want to start after I own everything I could ever use in my Imperial Guard!

starlight
08-02-2010, 07:09
The next one...

...and the next one...

...and the next one...

:eyebrows:

FredLOMD
08-02-2010, 07:38
For me, Necrons. It's my first army and the army I play the most. They got hit pretty hard in the new rules edition and I'm getting tired of having to spam Wraiths or Destroyers to stand a chance against anyone who knows how to counter the army.

I'd be happy to see Dark Eldar out as well. Their codex is older than the Necron dex and they desperately need new minis. In general, I'm looking forward to any army that isn't just another dork in power armor. I already play at least 50% of my games against them and anything that helps push players to play something else is good in my books (unless it's an IG armored company).

Hypaspist
08-02-2010, 08:21
I'm with Starlight on this one.

I am just looking forward to every single new codex they release as;
1) It shakes up the local metagame a bit.
2) Seeing the new releases and rules is great fun.
3) My Dark Angels are constantly on the lookout for new things to beat on :)

wazatdingder
08-02-2010, 15:06
You think Salamanders haven't made conversions? I've got about 4 guys with Thunderhammers who don't have acces to them, 3 Vet Sgts. with Combi-meltas who don't have access to them, and an extra flamer guy in each squad who doesn't have access to it.

The basic history for Salamander rules are:

3rd Ed. "Here's a set of rules to play a unique and challenging army."

4th Ed. "We're taking away your drawbacks and your special rules and making some of them available for all marine chapters."

5th Ed. "We're taking away all previous special rules and gving you totally new ones, forcing you to make a major overhaul to your army and forcing you eat up one HQ slot to even use these new rules."

No, I'm not bitter at all.:rolleyes:

I guess no one was listening...

100 GUARDSMAN, WITH PISTOLS AND CCWs.!!! I CAN'T EVEN USE THEM AS CULTIST WITH THE ALPHA LEGION!!

Losing Marine traits is not nearly as bad a losing Guard doctrines...:cries:

LOST AND THE DAMNED!!
That way we all have a home for misfit minis.:D

Souleater
08-02-2010, 15:09
Well, they aren't called the Lost and the Damned for nothing :D

/hug

Lord_Squinty
08-02-2010, 17:01
Dark Eldar - No explanation needed really... ;)

Troah
08-02-2010, 20:32
Tau because I love them and it'd be nice for a 5th edition codex.
Dark Eldar, reasons? obvious......

sliganian
08-02-2010, 20:44
[deep breath, puts on flame resistant suit]

The Inquisitorial forces should be scenarios, not armies.

DeadlySquirrel
08-02-2010, 20:54
squats... yeah, i said it.

or any xenos for that matter

Reflex
08-02-2010, 22:12
Dark Eldar.

Mainly because they'll get new Jetbike models which I can use in my Eldar army.

OMG you just gave me a reason to want DE.

Da Black Gobbo
08-02-2010, 22:14
When i finish my air vets i'm getting a mekk ork army, man i really love the new dreads and killa kans!!!!

Aurellis
08-02-2010, 22:17
I'm looking forward to a re-release for the Tau.

I'm hoping for more battlesuit options, more tank turrets and a Barracuda.

Vepr
08-02-2010, 22:42
I am looking forward to all of them because it makes the game more interesting. Also I am looking for a new army to replace my Tyranids so each new codex is a possible candidate. :)

Castaway84
09-02-2010, 01:19
I don't know guys I think we need another Codex for the Space Marines, it's been awhile since they've had one!!

In all honestly I want a new Dark Angels to make them cheaper and alittle more seperation from the vanilla marines

PreacherBoyRoy
09-02-2010, 02:24
Necron's.

because who exactly is sleeping on mars...how right the Void Dragon!:D

for being one of the imperiums biggest threats they shure aren't very threating

Tourniquet
09-02-2010, 14:54
Dark Eldar, been after them for years

Getifa Ubazza
09-02-2010, 15:20
Top of my list has to be Dark Eldar. Vampire Pirates for the win
Followed by Inquisition and Necrons.

TheMav80
09-02-2010, 15:24
Tau

It is an army I play and love. Tau are really getting left in the dust power wise with all the latest codeci.

boreas
09-02-2010, 16:01
Lets see, about the armies for which I have at least 3000pts:

-Daemonhunters. Old rules only half-usable, Grey Knight are good at everything but very good at nothing.
-Witch Hunters: can still perform ok if The Build is used (2 canoness, sisters with flamers, seraphims, 2 exos... It's getting boring)
-Tau. May be ok vs some armies, but right now I'm getting rammed again and again by my best buddy's Nids and he's not even trying hard.
-Necrons. This one is getting to be a joke in my gaming circle. I'm starting to thing I might get more use from this army by swallowing one model per day and hope there is some nutritional value to it.

I guess I have a knack to choose armies that don't come out often. Thankfully, I also have a few thousand points of Space Marines that can go pretty 50-50 vs the 5th ed codexes.

Phil

Dag
09-02-2010, 17:37
more xenos codex, or a genocide of all the "**** SPACE MARINEZZZ THEY SUXX CALGARRR IS A NOOBOBZOR AND POWER ARMOUR SUXXX MARINEZ ARELAME" players.... god they irritate me. I dislike 3+armour and cheap armies too, oh wait, no i dont because i dont care what army most players play... im gona play what i want and what i want is to stop getting complained at for playing space wolves.

me "wanna play?
guy "sure, 1500 sound good?"
me"sure dude, what army you play"
guy"nids, i liek the new stuff with the heroes and i run the swarmlord"
me"oh that big nasty dude who rapes in combat? sweet, i play wolvies lets throw down"
guy" oh you play those overpowerd underpriced marines who auto win? nah ill wait to play someone else"
me"ok, your just a weeny..."(this last quote is a dramatization, may not have happened)

the guy ended up playing some ork guy and just well.... had the swarmlord and 3 tyrant guard, trygon prime and 2 barebones termagaunt troop choices.

im looking forward to any dex that has a few ways to massively exploit it, and even if you dont use ANY OF THOSE GODAMN BROKEN RULES/UNITS you get flamed for it.

btw i run 0 special characters, 0land raiders, 1 drop pod, some tac marines, no wolves, 1 2man thunderwolf unit for countercharges.... and the rest is a basic marine force that gets 0 for sportsmanship, 0 for painted (although its all apinted) and 0 for any other points my opponent can give me.

god bless comp scores...

sorry, my rants done, kind of tender after a few games of people being complete dicks. I cant even get upset because im SO much bigger than all of them if i get upset they dont want to play anymore.... damn little people

blackcherry
09-02-2010, 17:39
Of the armies I collect, Tau, Necrons and Dark Eldar. All three for the reason of just it will be interesting to see where they take the concept.

Mainly though, DARK ELDAR. Love them and its been long enough without some love :D. Jes is doing this so I'm very interested to see the results.

DarkReaver
09-02-2010, 17:46
I would like to see Dark Eldar finally done. I'd also like to collect them too.

Ironhand
09-02-2010, 18:01
Definitely Blood Angels, because they were my first army way back in the Rogue Trader days.

However, I do have to say that most of you folks are baseless optimists. There's no reason to expect that new Codexes will fulfill all or indeed any of your expectations, and in some cases, like Gray Knights and SOB, can practically guarantee you'll be bitterly disappointed.

SlightlyEstranged
09-02-2010, 18:09
Looking forward to Necrons.

Im getting tired of being laughed at every time I enter the store because the army is so terrible.

On the other hand it's lovely to beat those said players.

Carlos
09-02-2010, 19:00
Tau due to them needing an update and wanting some new guns to play with.

Dark Eldar because they will inevitably get a character better than Abaddon and the swarmlord put together.

Ozendorph
09-02-2010, 19:06
Looking forward to the next installment of the Dark Angels Codex - Games Workshop's answer to MAD magazine :)

Skyros
09-02-2010, 20:05
I want GW to re-release

WitchHunters/DaemonHunters

Dark Eldar

Necrons

In that order.

After BA I think marine players will be pretty well sorted for a while :)

Ph4lanx
09-02-2010, 20:16
I want them to release Codex Inquisition, and put in the bloody Deathwatch! I want a proper Deathwatch army!

Souleater
09-02-2010, 22:33
What really is the point of a pure DW army?

'Hey, they are marines that like to fight aliens!'

Could be tricky depending on your metagame I guess :D

starlight
09-02-2010, 22:37
What's the point in pushing toy soldiers around a table...? :eyebrows:

If someone thinks it's fun, good on them. :) If enough people think it's fun that GW releases a proper army for them, even better for us. :D

Max_Killfactor
09-02-2010, 22:37
Dark Eldar.

Mainly for some background info and new models.

PxDn Ninja
09-02-2010, 22:40
Necron primarily.

Blood Angels after that.

TimLeeson
09-02-2010, 22:43
Tau - because they'll likely add new Xeno allies.

Necrons - cos I love lovecraftian terminators. alot.

Dark Eldar - because I grew up with Hellraiser and cant wait to see Jes Goodwin's magic.

godking
10-02-2010, 01:50
Dark Eldar

1. I play DE
2. They really need new models more then a new codex
3. DE could be so kool if done right
4. Why the ******* has GW not given love to there old codex

I do have a fear that GW with mess it up....but hey you got to go with the flow.

Fallenturtle
10-02-2010, 02:07
Dark Eldar.. if only because I am planning on starting them and already have 3 ravagers and a bunch of warriors and wyches.

They are good in my area of huntsville,al if only because not alot of people play them (im the only one now) and they wreck at killing vehicles, wich is huge around here.

Cromwell Haarlock-Leth
10-02-2010, 02:08
Dark Eldars, because their players waited it far too long.

Orks Speed Kults, with tons o' rulz to kustomize all Vehikles.
As per the Old WD / Chapter Approved rulz.

Creeping Dementia
10-02-2010, 02:41
I'm not sure if I'm really looking forward to a specific army to come out, the armies I play could use a little fixing, but I'm equally worried that they'll get messed up or fundamentally changed.

If I ever start a new army though, I'm thinking I'd do Dark Eldar. Maybe their release will be at the same time I want a new army.

I'm a big Inquisition fan, and wouldn't mind expanding my Sisters more with new units, I think I am genuinely looking forward to new Grey Knights as well.

Ianos
10-02-2010, 03:57
Dark Eldar, its been ages, lots of my friends play, them and i will buy about 2500 points on the spot.

Souleater
10-02-2010, 08:40
What's the point in pushing toy soldiers around a table...? :eyebrows:

If someone thinks it's fun, good on them. :) If enough people think it's fun that GW releases a proper army for them, even better for us. :D

There was a smiley at the end of my post :)

It was a gentle prod at the prevelance of Marines and that GW might produce another marine army flavoured around hunting Xenos when a lot of meta games are more like 'Horus Heresy - The Early Years'. Or Horusville. Or How I met The Arch Traitor.

I just find that kinda funny. :angel:

Firmlog
10-02-2010, 11:26
I'd love to see chaos redone - right. Also traitor guard. What good is the inquisition if they have no one to fight.

I mean, that is after all the majority of fighting in 40k against traitors. At least in the fluff. As is it would appear Marine chapters really have it in for each other...

Mojaco
10-02-2010, 12:00
Chaos, as I hate Lash of Submission so much. And Space Wolves, as JotWW is retarded.

From a less whiny perspective, Necrons. They have potential.

Kheotour
10-02-2010, 14:48
Black Templars - Just started these guys a few months ago. Love em. Looking forward to seeing what they do with them.

Tyranids - I know they just got a new dex... So I am waiting for a the next one.

deadly claris
10-02-2010, 19:42
Sisters of battle and Grey Knigths(deamonhunters)

the day the new codex is anunced i will be so happy

LonelyPath
10-02-2010, 23:21
Sisters of battle and Grey Knigths(deamonhunters)

the day the new codex is anunced i will be so happy

Seconded :)

Artein
11-02-2010, 01:19
Sisters of Battle.
Grey Knights.
Dark Eldar.
Necrons.
In that order.

Zoring
11-02-2010, 01:20
Huge Merged Inquisition Codex! Woo!

Ravenheart
11-02-2010, 01:53
Codex: Chaos Legions

If that ever comes to be, that is.

Hasan ibn Sabbah
11-02-2010, 13:50
Dark Eldar, the idea of space pirates, slavering hottest babes in galaxy just for fun is too tempting for a little pervert like me :cool:

Fallenity
11-02-2010, 14:17
Dark Angels, just a small pdf update would be enough, give them some character, please! I'm tired of playing with "Unknown Space Marine Army That Is Surprisingly Painted A Lot Like Dark Angels" =(

But other then that, I'm always happy when someone gets a new codex, means changes in my gaming area =)

Xelloss
11-02-2010, 14:57
Imperium ? Black Templars, Ecclesiarchy, Dark Angels (I don't like the concept : "see that codex ? Everything they do, the other codices do it harder, better, faster, cheaper"), Force of the Imperium
Xenos ? Tau Empire, Dark Eldar, Necrons, Chaos Legions, Eldar (Imperium needs enemies !)

williamhm
11-02-2010, 18:02
Dark Eldar, followed by Chaos Marines, Legion of the Dammed and then some specific chaos chapters like Alpha Legion. Followed by Tau, Necrons, and then an Inquisition book which contains Sisters of Battle and Grey knights.

Dark Eldar because I'd love to see them and collect them the others because well they need it too.

Ddraiglais
11-02-2010, 18:06
I'd love to see a Legions dex so I could play 40K again.

I'd also love a LatD dex since that is probably the single largest enemy of the Imperium after the Orks, and we don't even have rules for them (unless you JUST play traitor guardsmen).

Sygerrik
11-02-2010, 18:22
Necrons, my first ever GW army and they've been shelved for so long!