PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone ever use one of the skaven clan army lists?

Mr. Gobbo
08-02-2010, 03:02
Has anyone here ever used the army lists in the 6th edition Skaven book that were meant to represent the greater clans Eshin, Moulder, Pestilens, and Skyre, along with the extra character choices that were included in those lists?

w3rm
08-02-2010, 17:11
I know a guy who did a skryre list. But no I never did.

GuyLeCheval
08-02-2010, 19:19
On occasion I used a clan pestilent list, but not as a main army.

stazba
09-02-2010, 01:28
None of them really appealed to me as each basically made the list as a whole too weak. Back in 6th, combined arms tactics (all the clans) worked the best in my games rather than specializing.

xragg
09-02-2010, 02:33
I did a clan eshin list from time to time. It had alot of weaknesses, but was very fun guerilla style list.

BigbyWolf
09-02-2010, 11:31
Our club still allows the armies from the back of the 6ed books to be used in friendly games, they might not have the best balance as far as lists go, but they do add a bit of variety...and I just love my troll country Waaaagh, as Big Bosses can be mounted on Wyverns as well!

bert n ernie
09-02-2010, 12:00
A few people used either the storm of chaos Eshin list. I know someone who almost exclusively used the pestilence one until the lustria book came out. I tried the Moulder list a couple of times, but it was almost completely innefective. It is much easier to make an effective themed list for any of the four clans from the current book. Taking Lord Skrolk allows a pestilence list. A moulder list or a skyre list are both entirely possible if you're willing to take slaves or clanrats for the min core. The moulder list is quite effective too.
Finally the Eshin list now has a ranked core options, and even though it is now a bit weaker than the other lists, it's probably more effective than the back of the book list, but not as effective as the Storm of Chaos list.

Ishivia
09-02-2010, 12:09
I did the Pestilens list

Avian
09-02-2010, 14:07
A friend of mine played the Pestilence and Moulder lists in a couple of the campaigns I ran. The Pestilence once wasn't overly impressive and the Moulder one was worse. :D