PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angels, YAY!!!

Tokugawa100
08-02-2010, 11:04
Im really quite surprised hoiw excited I am, that they are bringing a Blood Angels codex out.
Im normally one of those people who will simply say, put them all in one codex but I just love the Blood Angels.

They are possibly the most interesting and tragic chapter, a nice simple yet effective colour scheme and some of the best heroic characters in 40k.

My personal favorite is Lemartes.

Anyone else excited and plan on starting Blood Angels?:)

Thud
08-02-2010, 11:10
I've always loved Dreads and I'm staying out of the rumour threads on purpose so I won't get so worked up about making a Dread force that there's no way around it in March. ;)

Lord Malorne
08-02-2010, 11:15
Well with these out of the way, Black Templars should (I hope) get a good dose of codex creep. Also more chance a xeno force will be next, that's the only good thing about the new BA's to me :).

Petay1985
08-02-2010, 11:15
i'm reasonably excited, but then i feel i should qualify this by pointing out i am over most new codicies. it'll be nice to see what plastic sprues and models come out with them too. i'm all for as many armies and codicies as possible! :)

WinglessVT2
08-02-2010, 11:28
I want something that's not marines for once.

Thud
08-02-2010, 11:33

In that case, I recommend WH Fantasy. Or Flames of War. ;)

GrimZAG
08-02-2010, 11:34
This codex will be awesome to the max.

Sorros
08-02-2010, 11:40
I agree.

Black Templar better not be next, that would be too retarded. Space Wolves with only one xenos release and then Blood Angels and Black Templar?

Give Xenos some stuff plox.
Especially Dark Eldar

Znail
08-02-2010, 12:19
Why does anyone care if there are 3 Xeno codexes or 3 SM codexes in a row? Obviously, if there are several SM ones in a row so will we get several Xeno ones in a row after that. Does it matter wich codex just came out apart from if its for one you need? Are SM players some lesser beings that doesnt deserve new codexes? Somehow people seems far too fixated with being unhappy over others happiness...

Lord Malorne
08-02-2010, 12:22
I agree, I was quite happy Nids got a new book, though all the player have done is moan it is not good enough, too be fair, it is good enough, its a different metagame now.

Rick Blaine
08-02-2010, 12:37
Are SM players some lesser beings that doesnt deserve new codexes?

Not every year, no. ;)

There's also the Imperium/Xenos balance to think about. After BA, 4 out of 5 current edition Codexes will be Imperial.

Scythe
08-02-2010, 12:55
I like Blood Angels, a lot more than boring Black Templars or Space Wolves.

That said, I still voted for 'not another marine dex'. I am a firm believer in the utopian 'one marine dex to rule them all' that will never ever happen. Still, a man can dream, right? ;)

MadHatter
08-02-2010, 13:04
while i am excited to see the blood angels get a real codex, i would have preferred Necrons or Dark eldar. witch hunters or even demon hunters would be good too.

Nezmith
08-02-2010, 13:07
If Blood Angels are coming out now, that's one less Marine codex for them to stuff down our throats later.

pringles978
08-02-2010, 13:14
im looking forward to this codex more than the birth of my first child. simple as.

am however, in the camp that would have prefered a xenos codex first to even things up. lets just hope this gives gw the income boost to do a proper job on the crons

gwarsh41
08-02-2010, 15:01
I've always loved Dreads and I'm staying out of the rumour threads on purpose so I won't get so worked up about making a Dread force that there's no way around it in March. ;)

If the army is heavy dreads then I will definately be excited. If would want to start another army, but already having one marine army I think ill just go count as and play it friendly.
I ******* love dreads though!

Souleater
08-02-2010, 15:06
As much as the Imperial and Marine focus irritates me I am considering starting a Marine army.

If the figures are as lovely as the SH ones then I might get around to restarting my old Souleaters, BA successor chapter. Have I bored everybody enough with mentioning that in every drekking thread about this?

Still, I'd be more excited if it was Dark Eldar, Necron or Grey Knights.

Rick Blaine
08-02-2010, 15:34
If the army is heavy dreads then I will definately be excited. If would want to start another army, but already having one marine army I think ill just go count as and play it friendly.
I ******* love dreads though!

How does 8 Dreads in one FOC sound? Assuming rumours are true, you can have HQ, Fast Attack and Heavy Support Dreads.

Lord Malorne
08-02-2010, 15:37
Its a little annoying, as seemingly there is to be another marine army this year, and rumours are Dark Eldar and Necrons next year... thats annoying.

I like Black Templars, a lot more than boring Blood Angels, Dark Angels or Space Wolves.

Fixed :).

Griffindale
08-02-2010, 15:38
I would like to apologize in advance for the outburst that is about to happen. If allcaps hurts your eyes you may wish to skip this post

STORM HARBINGERS FTW!!!!!!!!1111111111111

fluffstalker
08-02-2010, 15:48
I will definitely look into getting a book and army. Mephisto and Dante are fantastic characters, and the regular marine dex has some very lackluster assault options that the BA dex will give me in droves, hopefully.

Thud
08-02-2010, 16:17
How does 8 Dreads in one FOC sound? Assuming rumours are true, you can have HQ, Fast Attack and Heavy Support Dreads.

Damnit. Now I have to get a Blood Angels army. :(:p

Rick Blaine
08-02-2010, 17:02
Damnit. Now I have to get a Blood Angels army. :(:p

Good time to do it, the new plastic Venerable Dread is looking rather nice. :D

Prokrustes
08-02-2010, 17:47
Well, I am not too happy about yet another marines codex. There would be armies more in need of an update but that is arguable. So have fun with the dex all you BA players and marines yet to become!

Dag
08-02-2010, 17:58
i voted "i guess its cool" because well, their going to just be space wolves, with furious assault, and fast dreads just sounds... well... retarded. their going to have pistol/sword and furious assault. good luck winning any kind of tourny because people will just give you 0's for fielding a good army. Trust me, entire tourny with a fully painted army, got 0 for painted and 0 for sportsmanship...somehow? bunch of games, was hilarious to see them just complain about my, and i quote "fuc*ing space wolves cost nothing and are 100x better than normal marines, you have 4 characters and stupidly cheap units." turn1.... all i said was "well, i have 0 special characters, no land raider, no wolves, and its basicly a vanilla marine army with close combat weapons... and got bitched at constantly. its stupid.

now imagine how much griping your going to get over using vanilla marines with furious assault! lol

sorry, thats my rant. i just hate when people try to cuss you out right before he puts down swarmlord and 3 hiveguard lol

mattschuur
08-02-2010, 18:19
I voted I Might be getting the army, although in all honesty It was hard for me to not vote "not another marine dex." Why?

Well, Blood Angels was the army I wanted to start the game with but due to my store going out of business I didn't. By the time I got money to buy something they were sold out of marines. All that was left was a crap load of Dark Eldar at 60% off. And thus began my love of the DE. So, I want to start a Blood Angels army since they are finally getting a new dex but I am always critical of GW releasing nothing but Imperial/marine dexes with little xeno love. Especially when my 'real' first army (DE) is in line for their own book.

Oh and for me it was always about the Baal Predator. Just something about a tank with 2 mini-guns in the turret that got me.

matt schuur

USABOB
08-02-2010, 20:05
I voted excited.
The new codex may give me the motivation to work on my BA again :).

broxus
08-02-2010, 20:22
Why does anyone care if there are 3 Xeno codexes or 3 SM codexes in a row? Obviously, if there are several SM ones in a row so will we get several Xeno ones in a row after that. Does it matter wich codex just came out apart from if its for one you need? Are SM players some lesser beings that doesnt deserve new codexes? Somehow people seems far too fixated with being unhappy over others happiness...

I agree, theses codex's were some of the oldest out. They deserve codex's also. The only race that actually "NEEDS" a new codex is the Necrons. They are boring to play and play against and need a total rewrite. The Dark Eldar are still a very powerful army. Though, I know I am in a very small minority and really would like to see the Dark Eldar cut from the 40k fluff and universe (an army could keep the same rules) to be replaced by something else. The reason is to create more diversity from fantasy. I mean do we really need high elves and dark elves? They got rid of the squats for the same reason to lose the fantasy and push it more into the Science Fiction.. Though really Dark Eldar are still very very powerful currently!!

trestrong
08-02-2010, 20:33
please let them give mephiston eternal warrior im tired of him getting killed by an annoying powerfist in one shot

Lord Malorne
08-02-2010, 20:40
Is he not tough 5 anymore :confused:.

Souleater
08-02-2010, 20:42
please let them give mephiston eternal warrior im tired of him getting killed by an annoying powerfist in one shot

if there is one damn space marine who really should have EW it is Mephi'

Inquisitor Engel
08-02-2010, 21:04
Well, I am not too happy about yet another marines codex. There would be armies more in need of an update but that is arguable. So have fun with the dex all you BA players and marines yet to become!

It's been TWELVE YEARS since the Blood Angels got a real Codex, the WD one is basically a FAQ and nothing more.

The only race that deserves this more than Blood Angels is Dark Eldar.

solkan
08-02-2010, 21:44
I just want them to come out with a "real" codex so that the BA players can rejoin the community. Complaining about a half-written PDF just isn't the same as complaining about a printed codex. :p

Rick Blaine
08-02-2010, 21:44
It's been TWELVE YEARS since the Blood Angels got a real Codex, the WD one is basically a FAQ and nothing more.

The only race that deserves this more than Blood Angels is Dark Eldar.

:eyebrows:
It's been 19 years since Bad Moonz got a real Codex, they deserve it more than Blood Angels.

szlachcic
08-02-2010, 21:53
Blood Angels have been my main 40k army since I got bored with waiting for a new Dark Eldar codex. So, yeah, both of my armies hadn't had a "real" update in more time than the majority of 40k players have probably been playing the game. To say I am excited is an understatement, even if they are another Marine codex.

IronfatherMk4
08-02-2010, 23:03
(Keep in mind, a new codex means NEW MODELS!)

If it had to be a space marine codex, I still think it should have been something more rare.....like

Iron hands
Salamanders
Raven guard

I dont understand why they should put out a codex that already was out....but, I guess its easier to re-vamp an old codex, and old models, than to create new stuff from scratch.
for instance, I heard they were putting out a new plastic Baal predator, which will just be the baal in plastic...easy, a new plastic furioso, which will be easy, and then they will probably use the space hulk BA termies as a sort of "idea template" for the new BA plastic terminator box, and then one other BA SM box.......
pretty much just like what space wolves got, except for vehicles.....

its easier for them to just Re-release BA....but it would be alot cooler if they put out a whole bunch of NEW stuff, and NEW models.

that all being said, if the models are anywhere as detailed as the Space hulk BA termies, Im DEFINATELY starting an army....

tsutek
09-02-2010, 00:21
I am really excited about the new BA dex! They were my first army when getting back to 40k, and still my main army.

With the new dread craze, a new skimmer transport and new scouts, it's like they read my mind (I was beginning to wonder what to do with all these spare dreadnoughts & dread bitz I've ended up with).. I always wanted to field an army like this :D It's going to be a real treat!

Zoring
09-02-2010, 01:06
More Marines! Blugh! You guys realise that even if they release new models, they are still space marines and so, look exactly the same as other space marines? Just saying.

Oh well, as long as it keeps GW in the black, i still want to warhammer for years to come.

Justicar_Freezer
09-02-2010, 02:01
I voted excited because blood angels were my very first 40k army back in the days of second edition when death company only cost as much as their wargear. I kept up with them in 3rd edition and the pamphlet codex. Then....when GW gave me that half arsed white dwarf list my poor blood angels got shelved for a long time while I worked on my Grey Knights and Nids. Now that a new dex is coming out. If it's good I'll be revamping my BA's.

primarch16
09-02-2010, 02:13
Not phased, gone off marines for a little while (loving my daemons). Still, I'm thinking Dark Eldar will be next up after them which should be good. Then my Templars should see some fun I think!

Dangersaurus
09-02-2010, 02:25
I have too many armies - including a good-sized Marine army - to start another any time soon. Still, I'm excited for the book (I played BA way back when), and hope at least two or three people around here start.

Tokugawa100
09-02-2010, 05:26
Wow, Im surprised by how many responses Ive gotten.

\Just a note, I sympaphise with all those who think some of the xenos codexe should have been done first, I agree as an avid Necrons and Darkl Eldar player.
I totally agree these SHOULD have been done before Blood Angels, but if you cant do anything about it, why worry.

Im just going to enjoy the new Blood Angels until they redo my first armies, which I look forward to way more.:)

Karhedron
09-02-2010, 14:45
I have been a Blood Angels player since 1st edition. The new codex looks good to me. We have got past the Bezerker-lite army that was 3rd edition and past the limiting 4th edition codex that seemed to rely on the Dante/Corbulo bubble.

I haven't painted red for a while, I might just have to see how some of those new washes work. :)

Astraeos
09-02-2010, 16:53
I'm excited for the Blood Angels, they're one of the more iconic armies in my opinion.

I started with 2nd edition and even though I never played them I always thought that them, along with the Dark Angels, Space Wolves and Ultramarines were important to the 40K reality and Games Workshop.

TimLeeson
09-02-2010, 17:04
I voted "I Guess its cool", I wont be collecting them - but I'll be curious and interested to see how they differentiate them visually from the other marines (the previous incarnations were just red marines with blood drops and a few variant units). Oh, and the fluff will be interesting...so ill be interested to read the new fluff and see new models...beyond that I doubt ill take much else interest, personally.

LKHERO
09-02-2010, 17:34
Excited to see the new sprues if anything..

kendaop
09-02-2010, 17:37
Retarded....

doomspittle
09-02-2010, 18:10
Hope they sparkle in the sun .

Wicksy
09-02-2010, 18:21
I'm excited. I've been a blood angels player since the old 2nd ed boxset with the awesome painting of a blood angels captain on the front. Back then i suppose they were the ultrasmurfs of 2nd ed.

Fobster
09-02-2010, 20:31
Put down another one for BA's as first 40k army. This seems to be the most hyped GW release in a while. Skaven, beastmen and tyranids seemed to be all greeted with a large amount of meh.

Im a firm believer in there being no need for more than one eldar codex. All 3 variants could be easily covered in the one book with only a few special rules.

Fanboy
09-02-2010, 21:40
Definitely excited,

But, not another BA thread........

Its just a continuous rehash of wish listing, and moaning by non-BA players/non-marine players........

Until there are any definite/confirmed rumours, we shoiuld all just wait. We can only hope GW does not screw this codex up.......heres living in hope, from a BA player since 1989......

Yours Thankully

Fanboy

Kelderaith
09-02-2010, 21:59
Voted Excited,

I do not play Space Marines, I play Tyranids and Eldar, but I still am quite excited about this new codex (even if I do indeed share the opinion of most people saying another Xenos codex would have been even better).

Even though I love Xenos more, I really am eager to see what they did with this codex (because we have 1-2 Blood Angel players in the club also). Doubly so because I think BA are one of the coolest Chapter of the First Foundation.

Lord Malorne
10-02-2010, 00:26
Retarded....

Indeed, a well thought out and thought provoking opinion :).

Azzy
10-02-2010, 02:19
Not phased, gone off marines for a little while (loving my daemons). Still, I'm thinking Dark Eldar will be next up after them which should be good. Then my Templars should see some fun I think!

I wouldn't count on DE being this year. There's a slim chance that they may be the possible "4th codex" if it happens. However, I would look to next year for a DE and possible Necron release.

As for the next marine army, I'm more convinced that it'll be Dark Angels rather than Black Templars, but only time will tell.

That said, I'm looking forward to the BA. I've been planning on starting SM army (as they have less models and are easier to paint than my Orks), and I'm vacillating between BA and vanilla SM. AS of now, I'm really leaning towards the BA as I really like the fluff of the Death Company (and that of the BA as a whole), but it'll depend on the actual rules and how viable a "Tank U" army will be.

Brother Weasel
10-02-2010, 02:30
Not every year, no. ;)

There's also the Imperium/Xenos balance to think about. After BA, 4 out of 5 current edition Codexes will be Imperial.

Actualy, no there isn't. there is army vs army. do Ultras only fight xenos and not say the BA or BT? no, the only thing making them on the same side is fluff... and where does chaos fit in, they are niether imp or xenos. (and yes, the BA are a diffrent army then the c:SM)

Tokugawa100
10-02-2010, 03:09
Definitely excited,

Its just a continuous rehash of wish listing, and moaning by non-BA players/non-marine players........

Until there are any definite/confirmed rumours, we shoiuld all just wait. We can only hope GW does not screw this codex up.......heres living in hope, from a BA player since 1989......

Yours Thankully

Fanboy

Damn and I thought I was being original:cries::)

But in all fairness, I was just wondering if anyone else was excited, not wish listing or whining.

Tokugawa100
10-02-2010, 03:11
Retarded....

Thank you,,,... I think:confused:

Dont worry kendaop, maybe some day you will be able to type a full sentence.

Keep on trying, yours truly

Tokugawa100

:p

Nakor
10-02-2010, 03:23
Not every year, no. ;)

when did orks become imperial?

Fanboy
10-02-2010, 05:50
Talking of 'new' SM codeices this year, after the BA codex, I also think the next SM codex will be DA (sorry BTs), and rumours (I say rumours) have it that the SM codex will be getting a redo around November. How true this is, I have no idea. But evidently the current SM codex is just not competitive enough......really? Thats possibly why DE and Necrons are getting a cold shower for now. But this is complete speculation. Just heard it from someone at my local gaming club.....

Yours thankfully

Fanboy

Nezmith
10-02-2010, 06:12
and rumours (I say rumours) have it that the SM codex will be getting a redo around November. How true this is, I have no idea.

Not that I wouldn't put it past GW, but I highly doubt that this would happen. I'm like, 65% confident.

Ignatum
10-02-2010, 07:01
After I hung on to the White Dwarf Blood Angels list long after it was becoming overpowered, I finally let go and started playing them as normal Marines (I know, I'm a weakling!). It's gonna be a tough decision to go back to playing real Blood Angels, but I think I'm gonna try. :)

Xelloss
10-02-2010, 09:14
I voted "I guess it's cool", since while I don't play BA, others do ;) - and if the eaked dex isn't a fake, there are some concepts I would be glad to see in a BT or a Ecclesiarchy codex.

"well, i have 0 special characters, no land raider, no wolves, and its basicly a vanilla marine army with close combat weapons... and got bitched at constantly. its stupid.
While I agree complaining about the codex to you isn't quite constructive, SW troop choices are really really good, since they are cheap (cheaper and better than SM tactical squads ? :wtf:) and can take two special weapon, SM trait that was removed from the vanilla dex because "it was too much broken".

Last time I checked, Daemons aren't imperial. Not yet.

I wouldn't count on DE being this year. There's a slim chance that they may be the possible "4th codex" if it happens. However, I would look to next year for a DE and possible Necron release.

As for the next marine army, I'm more convinced that it'll be Dark Angels rather than Black Templars, but only time will tell.
It seems the release plan of GW isn't Imperial/non Imperial, but rather Marines/non Marines. So I would say the 3rd codex will probably a Xenos one (maybe tau, maybe not, now we are within the 6 month window we should begin to have more infos), and the 4th will be either DA, either BT.

Shadow Wulfen
10-02-2010, 10:07
For me it is a case of "Not phased". However I will never begrudge anyone who gets a new codex of their favourite army, in fact I like that people get excited about their army getting updated, it happened to me when I started jumping off the walls when Space Wolves were confirmed for getting a new codex and I wouldn't shake my head at other people for doing that exact same thing as me 4-5 months ago, even if I don't personally like Blood Angels.

I never really liked Blood Angels, the only good idea that came from them that I liked was the Death Company.

From my perspective Blood Angels having lots of Dreadnoughts isn't that fluffy considering their background, that sort of list should have been kept for Iron Hands.

Blood Angels to me were always the frothing at the mouth loyalist berserkers with a lot of Assault Cannons strapped to everything who liked to have the occasional cry about how they are going mental.

Rick Blaine
10-02-2010, 10:19
when did orks become imperial?

Last time I checked, Daemons aren't imperial. Not yet.

Those books were made "forward compatible." That doesn't make them true 5E books. Daemons suffer heavily from late 4E streamlining and Orks are about halfway between that and 5E style. Fact is, after the 5E rulebook we've had SM, IG, SM, Nids, SM.

Znail
10-02-2010, 14:57
Daemons have other issues then streamlining and are deffinitly made to go with 5E as its the rules in it is even incompatible with the 4E rules.

On another note, before 5E so did we then get Eldar, CSM, Orks and Daemons, how could any imperial player stand all that xeno/heritic/scum-love? There should realy have been some noble imperial codexes mixed in with all that nastyness!

But, serously, why do you care at all what flavor it is on any codex not your own? Unless you buy every codex that comes out but hate SM ones and still force yourself to buy them. Even if hate how everyone you play against are playing SM's so should it atleast be nice with some more varity in their rules instead of just diffrent paint jobs. Both the recent SW codex and the rumours for the upcomming BA codex adds alot to the varity for the game.

Tyranus
10-02-2010, 18:40
Definitely excited,

Yours Thankully

Fanboy

Take a look on Scribd if you want rumors confirmed...

BigMoosey
22-02-2010, 05:26
I'm really looking forward to Blood Angels actually having 3+ invulnerables from stormshields all the time. And the rumors of the Tantulas Lander sound great.

Far Seer
22-02-2010, 05:30
Blood angels were and are my personal favourite army to play. And with the new codex coming up soon:Lots and Lots of Dreddies! YAY

Earthbeard
22-02-2010, 05:31
i'm reasonably excited, but then i feel i should qualify this by pointing out i am over most new codicies. it'll be nice to see what plastic sprues and models come out with them too. i'm all for as many armies and codicies as possible! :)

Pretty much echoes my sentiments - I do love me some new bits.