PDA

View Full Version : Elysain Drop Troops Background

Hesperus
09-02-2010, 12:55
Hey all,

Ive been trying to locate a good source of information on the background of Elysia and the drop troops themselves. Ive located a few odd things, but alot of that stems from Wiki sites, which im not too big a fan of due to inconstancies.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? :)

Hespy

Gutlord Grom
09-02-2010, 13:05
There should be some stuff in the upcoming Imperial Armor, as well as some things in the Anphelion Project. There's also a smal blurb in the current Guard codex.

Bunnahabhain
09-02-2010, 13:11
Imperial armour 3, I believe...

Raxmei
09-02-2010, 13:12
Some Elysian material appears in Chapter Approved. Very little about the planet but it tells some about the army.

Petay1985
09-02-2010, 14:12
Imperial Armour 3, The Taros Campaign is your best bet, it has detailed background on the Elysian drop troop regiments.
Imperial Armour 4, The Anphelion Project has very little information and it is only concerned with 1 company for Elysian veterans.

As has been said above the up and coming Imperial Armour 8 may indeed have some background in it. Hope that helps :)

AndrewGPaul
09-02-2010, 14:50
There's not really much about Elysia, just the regiments. Even then, most of that is the campaign history - there's not a huge amount on the history of the drop troop regiments in general.

Col. Dash
09-02-2010, 16:10
Depends on which version. The newer version has them as light infantry and can be found in IA 3 along with their lists and the upcoming IA8 that I am already drooling in anticipation for.
Old version came out right after the last IG codex and had quite a bit of cool info on them. There they were heavy infantry wearing carapace vacuum suits, (looked cool as hell) and they specialized in zero-g shipboard combat since the Elysium system apparently has large amounts of asteroids and pirates. The models were the coolest IG models I have seen to date. They used space marine scouts and added extra greenstuffed sleeves on the arms and helmets with night vision stuff. I think they had carapace armor, heavy wpns platoon, drop troops, special wpns and storm troopers as traits. They also got shotgun squads in some form.

kanluwen
09-02-2010, 17:29
Dash, you're mixing two really different sources.
Elysian Drop Troops weren't present in the last edition Codex, but alot of their information was mocked up for the Armageddon III campaign. Elysians have always really been a sort of "real life Airborne", favoring light armor and surgical strikes.
Now, the Harakoni Warhawks which were in the last edition Imperial Guard Codex were a completely different story...bulked up Cadian pattern armor, folding stock carbines, tons of pouches, fully enclosed blast helmets, etc.

But I digress--the best source of information you'll find on the Elysians will be the Imperial Armour books(The Taros Intervention and Anphelion Projects, specifically, until Raid on Kastorel Novem[That's the name, right? I forgot to write it down awhile back]is released), since Forge World pretty much has sole control over the Elysians as it stands.

Col. Dash
09-02-2010, 17:49
Nope, I might have the codexs' editions mixed up, but the original elysians were in a white dwarf. They were the carapace guys. They had quite a bit of special rules and maybe not the doctrine system, I know the harks had them as well and they are what the original elysians turned into. Could have sworn they had shotgun special weapon squads. IA3 came out after the original rules as well. One of my friends here had an entire army of the originals and it was made useless by both the newer old ig codex and then hecouldnt even call them elysians after the IA3 came out.

They were in the same WD that had the Ork Hunters where you could upgrade guardsmen to carry choppas and i think a couple other odds and ends.

Hesperus
09-02-2010, 19:22
Cheers for the help guys.

Hespy

TheOneWithNoName
09-02-2010, 19:40
There's this:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070927223249/http://www.armageddon3.com/English/Campaign/Troops/elysian_drop.html

Also scans of their first armylist.

Hesperus
09-02-2010, 20:27
cheers no name!! :)

Hespy