View Full Version : Gorthor the Beastlord

Leth Shyish'phak
10-02-2010, 14:33
Special Rules:

Primal Fury
Chariot
Man-Bane
Scion of the Dark Gods

Yes, the greatest leader of the Beastmen is in fact a chariot. He does D6 S5 impact hits when charging, has US4, can't join units, takes D6 S6 hits when moving in terrain, can't march and is automatically destroyed when wounded by a S7 weapon. :D

This is one of the silliest mistakes I've seen in Warhammer rules (for anyone trying to claim that the rule actually applies to his chariot, he doesn't actually come with one and so has the rule even when on foot :wtf:). I won't be playing it like this, before anyone tries to kill me.

I can't think of anything else quite like this, but I'm sure someone on Warseer can point me to similar things. :) (Do so now. :skull:)

Griefbringer
10-02-2010, 14:38
"Chariot" is not a special rule but a unit type in the first place, so if it is placed under special rules it is even more odd.

Then again, as it is written the "Wardancer Weapons" in wood elf book are not actual weapons, but a special rule, allowing them to be combined with a great weapon until there was a FAQ issued.

Bac5665
10-02-2010, 14:41
Chariot has been written as a special rule before and it will again. And really, it doesn't matter; Writting chariot in the special rules is much better than not writing it at all.

Leth Shyish'phak
10-02-2010, 14:43
Seeing as how the chariot he buys is definitely a chariot, there is no need to write it.

I just thought it was funny. :(

jesterking
10-02-2010, 14:51
no matter how you see it, i think Gorthor is one of the worst special character ever.... all that point with only 4+ save (not even ward save) and cannot join unit is just useless :(

Bac5665
10-02-2010, 16:09
Seeing as how the chariot he buys is definitely a chariot, there is no need to write it.

I just thought it was funny. :(

yeah there is. Just like you need to point out that Empire Knights are cavalry. Sure, we can assume it, but making the players guess based on the model or the name of the unit is a very bad writing practice, and GW should be ashamed at the lack of professionalism it shows.♠♠

Leth Shyish'phak
10-02-2010, 20:17
Well, no. Gorthor's entry says he can buy a Tuskgor Chariot. If we go to the rules for the Tuskgor chariot, suprisingly enough, it actually states that the chariot is a chariot in the chariot's rules.